ImageImageImageImage

Aaron Gordon - In or Out?

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

Is Aaron Gordon a Building Block for Magic

Yes, Keep him, he still has potential
25%
No, Trade him, we know what he is
75%

Total votes: 83

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,225

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#41 » by cedric76 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:32 am

MasterGMer wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
Skin wrote:Too good to be true bruh. But I appreciate the day dream.

No joke.... I wouldn't say it's a daydream. That is actually some decent value and players that will fill immediate holes in a championship team. Imagine Vuc finally being a #3 option and Gordon being on a team where he KNOWS that he is a swiss army knife. The best of both players will come out and GS will be immediate contenders again with players on the same schedule.

Steph/klay/gordon/green/vuc is a great balance of offense and defense.

and for us... we get to pretty much punt this year with some promising players for the future.
fultz/#2/#15/wiggins/okeke/isaac/bamba/ most like 2021 lotto pick...
But yeah.... might be exciting to watch.

That is the trade I'd do personally. #2 + Wiggins. A needed scoring wing to add to our depth. Plus a NO.2 pick. Lots of things to get excited about

With that trade GW will win the next 4 titles

Vuc for Wiggins + future pick
Ag for tpe +2nd pick

Tbh i d prefer my mini trade for culver
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
NW
Starter
And1: 349

Post#42 » by NW » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Warriors fan here. Defintely could see a deal with the Magic and Warriors. GS has been on Gordon for awhile. He’s the right compliment for Draymond when Draymond plays the 5.
Not sure about the Vuc option. I could see GS liking him for certain matchups, but the Dray/Gordon tandem would be finishing games more often than not. That’s a lot of money for someone that would be sitting in crunch time a lot.

I could see GS interest in Terrance Ross too. Not sure what you all thoughts on him
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#43 » by The Effect » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:19 pm

cedric76 wrote:With that trade GW will win the next 4 titles

Ag for tpe +2nd pick

This is likely the only way we get #2 from GS

All this AG+15 talk is funny, and literally has 0% chance of happening

Now, AG+vuc+15 for Wiggins and #2, yeah i could see the warriors doing that

Only problem with that is, if the wolves take Edwards at 1 (99.9% sure they do), theres no one at 2 id give up all that for

Only way im trading all that is to build around edwards. Hes the only one in this draft willing to sell the farm for
Ball, wiseman, hayes etc are all nice pieces, but edwards to me is the franchise changer
cedric76
RealGM

Post#44 » by cedric76 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:31 pm

The Effect wrote:

Ag for tpe +2nd pick

Only problem with that is, if the wolves take Edwards at 1 (99.9% sure they do), theres no one at 2 id give up all that for

Only way im trading all that is to build around edwards. Hes the only one in this draft willing to sell the farm for
Ball, wiseman, hayes etc are all nice pieces, but edwards to me is the franchise changer

No way we d add the #25 in that trade, we r already overpaying, but as you said if Edwards is gone at #2, i m not doing that trade
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,027

Post#45 » by drsd » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:32 pm

NW wrote:I could see GS interest in Terrance Ross too. Not sure what you all thoughts on him

Ross is streaky, and that makes him an excellent bench player. He can give emergency starter days, in a pinch, but he could go for 50 or 10 in such games.

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,170

Post#46 » by MagicMatic » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:08 pm

NW wrote:Warriors fan here. Defintely could see a deal with the Magic and Warriors. GS has been on Gordon for awhile. He’s the right compliment for Draymond when Draymond plays the 5.
Not sure about the Vuc option. I could see GS liking him for certain matchups, but the Dray/Gordon tandem would be finishing games more often than not. That’s a lot of money for someone that would be sitting in crunch time a lot.

I could see GS interest in Terrance Ross too. Not sure what you all thoughts on him

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yyjvgbpy

AG + Ross

Eric Paschall + Wiggins + #2

Orlando gets off a ton of money with two contracts and consolidates it into one. Draft Killian Hayes (#2), Tyrell Terry (#15) and Paul Reed (#45).

Fultz/Hayes/ MCW
Fournier/Terry
Wiggins/ Ennis
Aminu/Paschall/Reed
Vuc/ Bamba

Isaac rehabs for a year. We get more ceiling and are still competitive.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#47 » by cedric76 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:40 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
NW wrote:Warriors fan here. Defintely could see a deal with the Magic and Warriors. GS has been on Gordon for awhile. He’s the right compliment for Draymond when Draymond plays the 5.

AG + Ross

Orlando gets off a ton of money with two contracts and consolidates it into one. Draft Killian Hayes (#2), Tyrell Terry (#15) and Paul Reed (#45).

Fultz/Hayes/ MCW
Fournier/Terry
Wiggins/ Ennis
Aminu/Paschall/Reed
Vuc/ Bamba

Zero Chance they add paschall

However they might bite on

Wiggins + 2 for AG+Ross +15

I don't think i d do it as i m not in love with any prospects this year, i d rather trade for culver and get cap relief
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
NW
Starter

Post#48 » by NW » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:47 pm

MagicMatic wrote:

AG + Ross

Fultz/Hayes/ MCW
Fournier/Terry
Wiggins/ Ennis
Aminu/Paschall/Reed
Vuc/ Bamba

Interesting. Was not expecting a Wiggins included deal unless Vuc was in it. I think both sides would prefer Wiggins not be in it. Something like dealing the trade exception for an expiring like James Johnson and pairing him with Looney and a pick for Gordon
The Effect

Post#49 » by The Effect » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 pm

cedric76 wrote:
The Effect wrote:

Ag for tpe +2nd pick

No way we d add the #25 in that trade, we r already overpaying, but as you said if Edwards is gone at #2, i m not doing that trade

The way i look at, if youre a GM and you determine that Edwards is the next Donovan mitchell, Dwade or jamal murray, then its not overpaying. those guys change franchises, those are guys you build around. Vuc\gordon are good role players but they arent changing your franchise (been together 5 years and havent done much here)

If you tell me i cant trade those 2 and you tell me i can retool my team to look like this in one move, im taking my chances

Bamba\isaac\wiggins\Edwards\Fultz with a bench of Ross, ennis, Okeke, birch and iwundu and whatever we get out of a fournier trade after he opts in

its no secret how i feel about isaac and bamba, but if we can go with 3 scorers like Edwards\Fultz\wiggins to add to those 2 guys defense, we should actually be in good position

Even if we trade AG and VUc, i doubt Clifford is going to really use 3 rookies. Okeke will be our 2nd 1st rounder this year to make up for trading 15.

Now with isaac out, bamba 2 years away from being 2 years away and edwards being a rookie, we would probably be a lotto team next year, and im ok with that because atleast now we have guys to build around
BlueBlazer
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#50 » by BlueBlazer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 pm

NW wrote:Interesting. Was not expecting a Wiggins included deal unless Vuc was in it. I think both sides would prefer Wiggins not be in it. Something like dealing the trade exception for an expiring like James Johnson and pairing him with Looney and a pick for Gordon

A pick or #2? If it’s a future pick I’d pass as I don’t see how that makes us better. Expirings are meaningless if nobody wants to sign here.
“I thought our Director of Scouting was just another name for a tape measure.” - StanVanGandhi
cedric76
RealGM

Post#51 » by cedric76 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:08 pm

The Effect wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
The Effect wrote:This is likely the only way we get #2 from GS

The way i look at, if youre a GM and you determine that Edwards is the next Donovan mitchell, Dwade or jamal murray, then its not overpaying. those guys change franchises, those are guys you build around. Vuc\gordon are good role players but they arent changing your franchise (been together 5 years and havent done much here)

If you tell me i cant trade those 2 and you tell me i can retool my team to look like this in one move, im taking my chances

Bamba\isaac\wiggins\Edwards\Fultz with a bench of Ross, ennis, Okeke, birch and iwundu and whatever we get out of a fournier trade after he opts in

its no secret how i feel about isaac and bamba, but if we can go with 3 scorers like Edwards\Fultz\wiggins to add to those 2 guys defense, we should actually be in good position

Even if we trade AG and VUc, i doubt Clifford is going to really use 3 rookies. Okeke will be our 2nd 1st rounder this year to make up for trading 15.

Now with isaac out, bamba 2 years away from being 2 years away and edwards being a rookie, we would probably be a lotto team next year, and im ok with that because atleast now we have guys to build around

I agree, if scouts tell weham that Edwards could be as good as those guys, i ll do that trade for sure but unfortunately i have doubt about Edwards (might be due to small sample of games we saw this year)
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
NW
Starter

Post#52 » by NW » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:20 pm

BlueBlazer wrote:
NW wrote:Interesting. Was not expecting a Wiggins included deal unless Vuc was in it. I think both sides would prefer Wiggins not be in it. Something like dealing the trade exception for an expiring like James Johnson and pairing him with Looney and a pick for Gordon

A pick or #2? If it’s a future pick I’d pass as I don’t see how that makes us better. Expirings are meaningless if nobody wants to sign here.

If it’s #2, I’d probably want a pick swap. Not sold Gordon’s worth the #2 even in a questionable draft. I’d want the #15.

If it’s a deal where the Magic do take Wiggins back, then maybe
The Effect

Post#53 » by The Effect » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:30 pm

cedric76 wrote:
The Effect wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

I agree, if scouts tell weham that Edwards could be as good as those guys, i ll do that trade for sure but unfortunately i have doubt about Edwards (might be due to small sample of games we saw this year)

Yeah i have some doubts about edwards, but to me hes the most surefire guy in this draft

Hes that alpha that this team desperately needs, the guy to build around and the guy you can give the ball to and tell them to go get you 40 on any given night and would have faith they can do it. Can his 3pt shot improve? yeah, can his decision making improve? sure, can he do a better job with shot selection? absolutely, and he be a little more motivated on the defensive end? yeah..... But hes also only 19 years old (just turned 19 last month), and many of those should develop as he matures and plays more (the defensive effort is a mindset, a good coach or teammates would have to get him there)

But as an overall prospect, hes a guy i think would be a top 3-5 pick in any draft, not just a "weak" one, and if given a chance, the guy id build the team around
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#54 » by PrimeThyme » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:31 pm

Depends on the trade. I'm not exactly ecstatic about Isaac's longterm future as the PF of this team with his injury history. A legitimate wing or guard with scoring potential (preferably on a rookie deal) would have to be coming back in a trade for me to feel comfortable moving on from AG.

I don't really see that on the horizon. The Wiggins plus their pick sounds nice in theory, but I can't see them actually having an interest in it.
BlueBlazer
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#55 » by BlueBlazer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:40 pm

NW wrote:
BlueBlazer wrote:

If it’s #2, I’d probably want a pick swap. Not sold Gordon’s worth the #2 even in a questionable draft. I’d want the #15.

If it’s a deal where the Magic do take Wiggins back, then maybe

I’m also wondering if this front office would trade an asset like AG for a future return. They may not be here for the ride.
“I thought our Director of Scouting was just another name for a tape measure.” - StanVanGandhi
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,054

Post#56 » by Ducklett » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:59 am

cedric76 wrote:
The Effect wrote:

Ag for tpe +2nd pick

I'll be honest. The more I read the scouts opinions on Edwards, the more I think he is going to be Anthony Bennett 2.0 bad.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#57 » by MagicMatic » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:23 am

I don’t get the Edwards love or his ranking. Nearly every reliable source in scouting thinks he’s a boom or bust pick at #1 or 2. I wouldn’t draft Ball either fwiw. He’s a media circus and seems like an unprofessional child.

Also, are we living in a world where Andrew Wiggins is being viewed as a positive commodity with his current contract? He’s proven nothing and doesn’t fill a single role for GS. At least a deal with AG and Ross would give them depth and some defensive upside without being a black hole on offense.

Taking on Wiggins would = the #2 pick alone and I’m not even thrilled with this draft outside of Hayes and a few others.
NW
Starter

Post#58 » by NW » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:04 am

MagicMatic wrote:I don’t get the Edwards love or his ranking. Nearly every reliable source in scouting thinks he’s a boom or bust pick at #1 or 2. I wouldn’t draft Ball either fwiw. He’s a media circus and seems like an unprofessional child.

Also, are we living in a world where Andrew Wiggins is being viewed as a positive commodity with his current contract? He’s proven nothing and doesn’t fill a single role for GS. At least a deal with AG and Ross would give them depth and some defensive upside without being a black hole on offense.

Taking on Wiggins would = the #2 pick alone and I’m not even thrilled with this draft outside of Hayes and a few others.

Actually, Wiggins fills a role for GS. If he plays to his ability, he’s a pretty good fit at SF. The idea is probably more keeping him and adding Gordon. A frontline of Wiggins, Gordon, Draymond makes a lot of sense.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#59 » by MagicMatic » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:54 am

NW wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:I don’t get the Edwards love or his ranking. Nearly every reliable source in scouting thinks he’s a boom or bust pick at #1 or 2. I wouldn’t draft Ball either fwiw. He’s a media circus and seems like an unprofessional child.

Actually, Wiggins fills a role for GS. If he plays to his ability, he’s a pretty good fit at SF. The idea is probably more keeping him and adding Gordon. A frontline of Wiggins, Gordon, Draymond makes a lot of sense.

Interesting. He’s played 12 total games and zero with your starting back court. I guess he can be a rich mans Harrison Barnes with a 4/$27m deal.

In the interest of not making this a GSW thread (couldn’t care less about your roster),which between Vuc and AG would you say are more sought after by warriors fans?
NW
Starter

Post#60 » by NW » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:48 am

MagicMatic wrote:
NW wrote:

Interesting. He’s played 12 total games and zero with your starting back court. I guess he can be a rich mans Harrison Barnes with a 4/$27m deal.

In the interest of not making this a GSW thread (couldn’t care less about your roster),which between Vuc and AG would you say are more sought after by warriors fans?

Gordon. Doubt there's any interest in Vuc by Warriors fans or front office

Return to Orlando Magic