ImageImageImageImage

Aaron Gordon - In or Out?

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

Is Aaron Gordon a Building Block for Magic

Yes, Keep him, he still has potential
15
25%
No, Trade him, we know what he is
44
75%
 
Total votes: 59

User avatar
MagicMatic
Head Coach
Posts: 6,586
And1: 6,459
Joined: May 30, 2016
 

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#81 » by MagicMatic » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:50 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skybox wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Well 2# pick has higher "keeper" value than Wiggins has negative one.

Would you give up your garage just to give up your garbage car? Well neither would Warriors.

Wiggins sucks, but they don't need to give away best assest possible just to escape his crappy deal.
There are also some trade scenarios including Wiggins that could help Warriors turn into contender without giving up 2# pick. For example Demar Derozan for Wiggins, it's a rental and Derozan isn't great player, but mostly because of inability to shoot. Doesn't really matter if he plays behind 2 of greatest shooters of our time.

Andre Drummond ( also one year rental) for Wiggins could make sense as well, Bulls have Otto Porter on one overpayed year left as well. Reunion with Harrison Barnes isn't that bad of an idea... IT all depends how high Warriors are on 2020 prospects. To me,for them keeping pick and drafting ( and showcasing ) that player around Klay and Curry will boost his trade value, especially if it's Wiseman, because guy will have the easiest job in the world, just set screen and roll. They also could boost Wiggins trade value, because it's not really that hard play behind 2 amazing shooters and 1 great passing big. Even Barnes looked like allstar doing so.


You're thinking SAS would take Wiggins' deal for DeRozan? or any of those others? Wiggins is a deep negative...not enough to negate ANY value of the #2, but we're not asking them to...I've proposed Vuc, Gordon, Fournier, TRoss combos...I wouldn't take Wiggins without the pick and neither would anyone else. What are you doing posting during Florida afternoon hours? have you been up all night, you're not as sharp as usual on the night shift


Spurs have no choice but to do full rebuild, with Popovich on exit doors, Aldrige and Derozan eating salary cap with no sucess and with no young guys aveliable. If anything Wiggins is good for tanking. Maybe Warriors can give them some other pick.

:lol: maybe you are right :lol:


Are you saying the metric of “winning culture” hasn’t willed the spurs to recent success?!!

:wink:

Kidding.
User avatar
MagicFan101
General Manager
Posts: 9,302
And1: 5,221
Joined: Jul 04, 2012
 

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#82 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:53 pm

fendilim wrote:https://www.bballrumors.com/2020/09/warriors-and-magic-have-been-talking.html?fbclid=IwAR1_80J4eHa5xb1swK-Bj4ktcrKdpLHw1tNhEJCq3uda0okq7kh17v8i6cM&m=1

Not sure if posted, but since it is a insider report I guess it wont happen anymore. LOL


I saw that pop up on my feed but wasn’t sure if “b-ball rumors” was a reputable site.
Tarheel
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,481
And1: 570
Joined: Jul 18, 2004
Location: UK
   

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#83 » by Tarheel » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:26 pm

fendilim wrote:https://www.bballrumors.com/2020/09/warriors-and-magic-have-been-talking.html?fbclid=IwAR1_80J4eHa5xb1swK-Bj4ktcrKdpLHw1tNhEJCq3uda0okq7kh17v8i6cM&m=1

Not sure if posted, but since it is a insider report I guess it wont happen anymore. LOL


Interesting that they’ve included Paschall. I always assumed it would be AG for #2 and Wiggins. Adding Paschall to the return (we’d have to include a Birch/Iwundu type player for $$ reasons) is definitely a plus.

That is, of course, if any of this is at all true. :D
NW
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,829
And1: 123
Joined: Jul 22, 2004
Location: Warriorsworld
   

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#84 » by NW » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:55 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
fendilim wrote:https://www.bballrumors.com/2020/09/warriors-and-magic-have-been-talking.html?fbclid=IwAR1_80J4eHa5xb1swK-Bj4ktcrKdpLHw1tNhEJCq3uda0okq7kh17v8i6cM&m=1

Not sure if posted, but since it is a insider report I guess it wont happen anymore. LOL


I saw that pop up on my feed but wasn’t sure if “b-ball rumors” was a reputable site.



Fake news. Slater is the Warriors beat writer but hasn’t mentioned Gordon since an article in August. Did a story and podcast this week about the Warriors need for size and athleticism and Gordon didn’t come up in either
zaymon
Starter
Posts: 2,399
And1: 1,276
Joined: Jul 01, 2015
   

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#85 » by zaymon » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:04 pm

Tarheel wrote:
fendilim wrote:https://www.bballrumors.com/2020/09/warriors-and-magic-have-been-talking.html?fbclid=IwAR1_80J4eHa5xb1swK-Bj4ktcrKdpLHw1tNhEJCq3uda0okq7kh17v8i6cM&m=1

Not sure if posted, but since it is a insider report I guess it wont happen anymore. LOL


Interesting that they’ve included Paschall. I always assumed it would be AG for #2 and Wiggins. Adding Paschall to the return (we’d have to include a Birch/Iwundu type player for $$ reasons) is definitely a plus.

That is, of course, if any of this is at all true. :D

If we trade Gordon for #2 without taking Wiggins i will be doing backflips all day. I think all pressure is on gsw to contend with Curry, Klay and Green getting old. This playoffs showed how important are wing/ forwards even with a shaky 3 point shot. After Durant left, they have no one to protect the paint in small ball lineups. ( when green is guarding the perimeter).
Gordon is not a great rim protector, but he is propably the only forward on the market who can rebound, dribble, pass and shoot a little.
For me its easy, either gsw overpays like crazy or they can start to rebuild.
I hate Edwards, dont like Ball but Hayes could be interesting.
Bold Predictions:
1. Deandre Ayton biggest disappointment of 2018 draft.
2. Nick Nurse becomes Orlando Magic Head Coach. (15.04.2018)
User avatar
MagicMatic
Head Coach
Posts: 6,586
And1: 6,459
Joined: May 30, 2016
 

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#86 » by MagicMatic » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:22 pm

Golden State:

Image


Minnesota:
Image


I’d also say that Minnesota seems like a lesser likely option compared to Golden State.

So the #2 pick, the trade exception, and Paschall.
Tarheel
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,481
And1: 570
Joined: Jul 18, 2004
Location: UK
   

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#87 » by Tarheel » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:44 pm

MagicMatic wrote:So the #2 pick, the trade exception, and Paschall.


That would be an excellent deal for us, IMO.
OrlandoNed
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,983
And1: 4,360
Joined: Jul 31, 2013
 

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#88 » by OrlandoNed » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:17 am

Tarheel wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:So the #2 pick, the trade exception, and Paschall.


That would be an excellent deal for us, IMO.

Until the geniuses in the front office follow that up by drafting Edwards, playing him exclusively off the bench behind Fournier on a fat new 100 million dollar contract and jerk around his minutes for 3 years, pissing Edwards off, leading him to eventually forcing his way out, losing him for peanuts and then watching him become an all-star on a team that becomes a #1 seed who then sweeps our 8th seed Magic which is still being led by Evan and Vuc for the millionth time in a row.

Probably.
User avatar
Ducklett
Analyst
Posts: 3,121
And1: 1,983
Joined: Jul 17, 2012

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#89 » by Ducklett » Thu Oct 1, 2020 12:01 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
Tarheel wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:So the #2 pick, the trade exception, and Paschall.


That would be an excellent deal for us, IMO.

Until the geniuses in the front office follow that up by drafting Edwards, playing him exclusively off the bench behind Fournier on a fat new 100 million dollar contract and jerk around his minutes for 3 years, pissing Edwards off, leading him to eventually forcing his way out, losing him for peanuts and then watching him become an all-star on a team that becomes a #1 seed who then sweeps our 8th seed Magic which is still being led by Evan and Vuc for the millionth time in a row.

Probably.


It is as the song says: "You can't hide from the truth because the truth is all there is".
User avatar
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 24,205
And1: 12,524
Joined: Aug 04, 2008
Location: Aaron Gordon Island
Contact:
     

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#90 » by Def Swami » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:25 pm

Gordon for the #2 pick without taking the Wiggins contract is a steal of a deal.
Tarheel
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,481
And1: 570
Joined: Jul 18, 2004
Location: UK
   

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#91 » by Tarheel » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:57 pm

Def Swami wrote:Gordon for the #2 pick without taking the Wiggins contract is a steal of a deal.


Especally if Paschall comes back the other way. Does a lot of what AG can do at less than 5% of the price (he's on that contract for a couple more years too).
yoyojw17
Analyst
Posts: 3,458
And1: 2,294
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Location: Gainesville,FL
 

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#92 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:00 pm

Tarheel wrote:
Def Swami wrote:Gordon for the #2 pick without taking the Wiggins contract is a steal of a deal.


Especally if Paschall comes back the other way. Does a lot of what AG can do at less than 5% of the price (he's on that contract for a couple more years too).

Man I would miss AG and what he could have been as I see a brighter future.... but I'll help him pack his bags if this was the trade. lol

AG still has a lot of talent left to uncover... just chances are... it might be possible in a Magic uniform. We will see what happens in the coming months.

at #2 I see Edwards, Hayes and Avdija as being the main targets. And would be awesome to swing for the fences with the 15th pick on the highest upside player as well.
OrlChamps2030
Head Coach
Posts: 7,080
And1: 3,678
Joined: Jul 18, 2009
   

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#93 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:19 pm

Def Swami wrote:Gordon for the #2 pick without taking the Wiggins contract is a steal of a deal.

It is. I’ll believe it when I see it though. Even if this is a weak draft with strange circumstances, I would expect a good GM to think they can find a future star on a rookie deal at #2... meaning that the price tag for #2 would be higher than a decent starter in AG
basketballRob
General Manager
Posts: 9,474
And1: 3,620
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#94 » by basketballRob » Fri Oct 2, 2020 10:12 am

I'd rather see us move Vuc and Fournier.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 12,218
And1: 9,876
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#95 » by pepe1991 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 4:38 pm

any trade that includes Gordon

Image

Image

redundant, repeating mediocrity that lost half of his value in few years. Afther he finishes his 7th (Jesus , already...) season everybody will know he is just love child of Josh Smith and Harrison Barnes.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
Skybox
Veteran
Posts: 2,736
And1: 1,549
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#96 » by Skybox » Fri Oct 2, 2020 5:34 pm

pepe1991 wrote:any trade that includes Gordon

Image

Image

redundant, repeating mediocrity that lost half of his value in few years. Afther he finishes his 7th (Jesus , already...) season everybody will know he is just love child of Josh Smith and Harrison Barnes.


Disagree, but love a clever post :lol:
User avatar
Max Power
Head Coach
Posts: 6,369
And1: 869
Joined: Nov 30, 2001
Location: Orlando

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#97 » by Max Power » Sat Oct 3, 2020 3:07 pm

If the Magic could get the number 2 pick for Gordon that would be a major steal from WeHam. But it’s not the type of move they are capable of making in my opinion. They’re aren’t swing for the fence types. But to add a guy like Edwards to our team makes Fournier very expendable, so I’d be down for it. I’d also be down for Wiseman as an eventual real replacement for Vuc come the day the team decides its time to move on from him. I want nothing to do with Lavar Balls kid. Let some other franchise have that headache.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
ucfmay2000
Sophomore
Posts: 172
And1: 13
Joined: May 31, 2010

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#98 » by ucfmay2000 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 3:17 pm

Max Power wrote:If the Magic could get the number 2 pick for Gordon that would be a major steal from WeHam. But it’s not the type of move they are capable of making in my opinion. They’re aren’t swing for the fence types. But to add a guy like Edwards to our team makes Fournier very expendable, so I’d be down for it. I’d also be down for Wiseman as an eventual real replacement for Vuc come the day the team decides its time to move on from him. I want nothing to do with Lavar Balls kid. Let some other franchise have that headache.

Draft Deni Avdija. He could be Luka ver 2.0. I really like this kid. Markell, Ross, Deni, JI and Vooc would be a nice lineup in 2021-2022.
User avatar
fendilim
RealGM
Posts: 27,385
And1: 3,503
Joined: Jun 11, 2002
Location: 孫悟空, 时间太?!

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#99 » by fendilim » Sat Oct 3, 2020 5:22 pm

Deni is nowhere Luka 2.0. Maybe Gallinari?
Image
Rainwater
Analyst
Posts: 3,205
And1: 1,798
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#100 » by Rainwater » Sat Oct 3, 2020 7:53 pm

If we trade AG, who will we next call our "future all star"? I am going to miss that tradition, lol.

Return to Orlando Magic