ImageImageImageImage

2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Re: 2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk 

Post#241 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:40 pm

Bakomagic wrote:Supposedly Boston is making a late push to acquire Harden and need to trade Kemba and or Hayward for draft picks.

Should we reunite Kemba and Clifford or is Kemba showing signs of declining ?

Any interest in Hayward and what would it take to acquire either?

I’m not giving up our future picks for Kemba so that Boston locks up the East for years to come ...
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,371

Post#242 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:15 am

Looks like Weltman is doing what he does best. Sit on his hands while other teams make moves and pretend that the state of this roster isn't an absolute travesty. If Atlanta gets Hayward and Washington gets Westbrooke let's see how much he "likes this team" when it finishes 10th in the East next season.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,045

Post#243 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:19 am

PrimeThyme wrote:Looks like Weltman is doing what he does best. Sit on his hands while other teams make moves and pretend that the state of this roster isn't an absolute travesty. If Atlanta gets Hayward and Washington gets Westbrooke let's see how much he "likes this team" when it finishes 10th in the East next season.

We all know he'd just use the Isaac injury as an excuse like he's done every season.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,600

Post#244 » by 3ddman23 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:23 am

PrimeThyme wrote:Looks like Weltman is doing what he does best. Sit on his hands while other teams make moves and pretend that the state of this roster isn't an absolute travesty. If Atlanta gets Hayward and Washington gets Westbrooke let's see how much he "likes this team" when it finishes 10th in the East next season.

Amazing isn't it.... I truly believe people on this forum can run tbis organization better. Of course once we learned all the cba stuff lol. But the ideas and thoughts are as clear as day for what needs to happen for this organization to take a direction. Its mind boggling how incompetent this front office and organization is acting.
GO MAGIC
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#245 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:25 am

Everyone assuming Wes Iwundu jumps into the SF role.

If I’m not mistaken, he is a free agent as well? Or have we extended a QA?
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#246 » by cedric76 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:24 am

3ddman23 wrote:

Amazing isn't it.... I truly believe people on this forum can run tbis organization better. Of course once we learned all the cba stuff lol. But the ideas and thoughts are as clear as day for what needs to happen for this organization to take a direction. Its mind boggling how incompetent this front office and organization is acting.

Lol, you must be joking, the board comes up with crap idea 99.99% of the time, weham r far more qualified than anyone here
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#247 » by RookieStar » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:31 am

cedric76 wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:

Lol, you must be joking, the board comes up with crap idea 99.99% of the time, weham r far more qualified than anyone here

Same. Lol . Like an iceberg, I think wee fans only ser less than 30% of what happens on running a team.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#248 » by Max Power » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:32 am

I won’t go so far to say the fan base would make better GM’s but my confidence in Weltman and Hammond to do anything to secure some future success for this team is non existent. Hennigan at least had a knack for finding some diamonds in the rough on other rosters. Otis Smith constructed a contender for several years. Weltman and Hammond are going to run the fan base away permanently if they don’t inject a pulse into this franchise.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#249 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:38 am

Max Power wrote:I won’t go so far to say the fan base would make better GM’s but my confidence in Weltman and Hammond to do anything to secure some future success for this team is non existent. Hennigan at least had a knack for finding some diamonds in the rough on other rosters. Otis Smith constructed a contender for several years. Weltman and Hammond are going to run the fan base away permanently if they don’t inject a pulse into this franchise.

Well, I have to give them credit for taking a chance on Fultz. I'm willing to give them until draft night to make a move. If nothing happens then, I'll probably be a little annoyed because of all the noise around moving up in the draft.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#250 » by RookieStar » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:42 am

MagicFan101 wrote:Everyone assuming Wes Iwundu jumps into the SF role.

Actually everyone is clamoring for Okeke to take.on that role.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#251 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:50 am

RookieStar wrote:

Quite a few times on here people have aggressively insisted that Okeke is strictly a PF.

I’m not overly familiar with his game but I’ll leave it at that. I would love to see him contribute at SF the way this is starting to play out.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,292

Post#252 » by Knightro » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:51 am

RookieStar wrote:

Not me.

In my perfect world, Okeke would be the Magic's starting power forward with Gordon shipped out for assets.

I really don't think Okeke is a natural wing.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#253 » by RookieStar » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:56 am

Knightro wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Not me.

In my perfect world, Okeke would be the Magic's starting power forward with Gordon shipped out for assets.

But in that perfect world, what happened to JI?
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#254 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:59 am

RookieStar wrote:
Knightro wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Not me.

But in that perfect world, what happened to JI?

If we go based on the adage of “you are who you can guard” then Isaac is fine to play either forward role.

Chuma is supposed to be a decent spacer at the four so as long we get much better playmaking at the 2 and Fultz keeps developing ...

Sure. Why not?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,292

Post#255 » by Knightro » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:43 am

I know it has no chance of happening under Clifford, but given his shot blocking ability combined with his help and recover skills, I would actually love to see Isaac as a small ball center.

Feels like he could be great in that role.
Airgordon00
Junior
And1: 173

Post#256 » by Airgordon00 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Blockbuster deal!!!

Magic in: Paul George and Ivica Zubac.

Clippers in: Nikola Vucevic, Aaron Gordon and 2023 unprotected first.

Clippers do this to get better bigs and some draft capital back.

Magic do this to get a star and a solid vet center to play if Bamba doesn’t work out.

Fultz, Anthony, MCW
Fournier, Ross, Ennis
PG13, bacon, (Isaac)
Okeke, aminu, Clark
Bamba, zubac, birch

Then we can hopefully flip Fournier for a asset at the trade deadline or let him walk. Then next year you could have Fultz, PG13, Isaac, Okeke and Bamba in a starting lineup. Which could be a really good young core with Ross and Anthony coming off the bench.

Thoughts?
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#257 » by j-ragg » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:09 pm

Airgordon00 wrote:Blockbuster deal!!!

Magic in: Paul George and Ivica Zubac.

Clippers in: Nikola Vucevic, Aaron Gordon and 2023 unprotected first.

Clippers do this to get better bigs and some draft capital back.

Magic do this to get a star and a solid vet center to play if Bamba doesn’t work out.

Fultz, Anthony, MCW
Fournier, Ross, Ennis
PG13, bacon, (Isaac)
Okeke, aminu, Clark
Bamba, zubac, birch

Then we can hopefully flip Fournier for a asset at the trade deadline or let him walk. Then next year you could have Fultz, PG13, Isaac, Okeke and Bamba in a starting lineup. Which could be a really good young core with Ross and Anthony coming off the bench.

Thoughts?

I'd be happy with it of course. Just no idea why PG13 would come here to be the 6-8th seed when he was the champ favorite last season. He's a perfect wing in the modern NBA though, can't imagine they'd trade him for pennies.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Airgordon00
Junior

Post#258 » by Airgordon00 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:12 pm

Does he have a no trade clause? If he does then I would agree he probably wouldn’t want to come here. I see they lost Harrel and thought they could use some big man help. Plus AG is a pretty solid wing defender who could help Kawhi shut down Lebron in the playoffs.
    Airgordon00
    Junior

Post#259 » by Airgordon00 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:37 pm

https://tradenba.com/trades/LL9r5eydo

We get a superstar finally!!!

Magic in: James Harden and PJ Tucker.

Rockets in: Aaron Gordon, Markelle Fultz, Mo Bamba, Al-farouq Aminu, 2021 + 2023 + 2025 First round picks.

Rockets get a ton of young guys who still have potential and will get a opportunity to show it without a bunch of vets in the way. Plus a boatload of picks.

Magic do it to finally get a superstar. We obviously get rid of some young guys but we were about to have to pay some serious money to them without knowing if they were ever going to reach their full potential.

We could have a really good offense this year and with cliffords ability to coach up the defense we can be really good. You could have a nice rotation of Harden, Fournier, Okeke, Tucker, Vooch, Ross, Anthony, MCW, Bacon and birch. If we did this deal I believe we could pick up some solid ring chasing vets to improve the bench.

By doing this deal it would hopefully improve some of our players trade value which could hopefully lead to us bringing another superstar to join the clan. Plus Isaac will be back next season. I believe he can cover up for some of Hardens defensive liabilities.

Thoughts? Fair value? Would you pull the trigger?
    Dub_Sax
    Rookie
    And1: 111

Post#260 » by Dub_Sax » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:03 am

Airgordon00 wrote:https://tradenba.com/trades/LL9r5eydo

We get a superstar finally!!!

Magic in: James Harden and PJ Tucker.

Rockets in: Aaron Gordon, Markelle Fultz, Mo Bamba, Al-farouq Aminu, 2021 + 2023 + 2025 First round picks.

Rockets get a ton of young guys who still have potential and will get a opportunity to show it without a bunch of vets in the way. Plus a boatload of picks.

Magic do it to finally get a superstar. We obviously get rid of some young guys but we were about to have to pay some serious money to them without knowing if they were ever going to reach their full potential.

We could have a really good offense this year and with cliffords ability to coach up the defense we can be really good. You could have a nice rotation of Harden, Fournier, Okeke, Tucker, Vooch, Ross, Anthony, MCW, Bacon and birch. If we did this deal I believe we could pick up some solid ring chasing vets to improve the bench.

By doing this deal it would hopefully improve some of our players trade value which could hopefully lead to us bringing another superstar to join the clan. Plus Isaac will be back next season. I believe he can cover up for some of Hardens defensive liabilities.

Thoughts? Fair value? Would you pull the trigger?
    Fair or not. If the rumor that he doesn't want to play for an owner who's a trump supporter is true, ain't no way he's gonna play for the devos's! Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Orlando Magic