ImageImageImageImage

2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Re: 2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk 

Post#321 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:13 pm

Skybox wrote:BRK went all-in but they got even weaker defensively...they could really use AG, but what’s left in the cupboard. Would Shamet, Luwawu, and Dinwoodie expirings do it? I’m leaning no, but I do like Shamet.

I’m focused on rebuilding Orlando with draft picks.

Brooklyn has nothing I want for many years to come.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#322 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:30 pm

Finding a way to get NAW to Orlando if I’m this FO. Righting a wrong from the draft. Honestly don’t think NAW is available but damn he just needs minutes and our G depth is horrific

Bamba + Fournier for Bledsoe + NAW

Why - Bamba is stuck behind an All Star C in Vuc and Cliff seems hell-bent on playing Birch. NAW would provide some massive G depth for the Magic and would be another ball handler who can get a team in offense work hard on defense and fit smoothly in. Magic get something back for Fournier in the form of Bledsoe who can handle the ball and possibly take the pressure off a struggling rookie in Cole.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#323 » by Skybox » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:25 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Finding a way to get NAW to Orlando if I’m this FO. Righting a wrong from the draft. Honestly don’t think NAW is available but damn he just needs minutes and our G depth is horrific

Why - Bamba is stuck behind an All Star C in Vuc and Cliff seems hell-bent on playing Birch. NAW would provide some massive G depth for the Magic and would be another ball handler who can get a team in offense work hard on defense and fit smoothly in. Magic get something back for Fournier in the form of Bledsoe who can handle the ball and possibly take the pressure off a struggling rookie in Cole.

Bledsoe has two years after this one at 18 and 19m...he'd be helpful this year but that's a lot of money for a guy competing for time with Fultz and Cole...plus, do we want help this year?

I wonder if Bamba could get NAW straight up?
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#324 » by j-ragg » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:40 pm

NAW showed more in one game last night than Bamba has shown his career. I get the opportunity argument and I agree with it, just don’t see how we wouldn’t have to attach value to him.

They have a much more athletic, albeit with no shooting, version of Bamba in Hayes too who already barely plays.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#325 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:47 pm

Skybox wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Finding a way to get NAW to Orlando if I’m this FO. Righting a wrong from the draft. Honestly don’t think NAW is available but damn he just needs minutes and our G depth is horrific

Bledsoe has two years after this one at 18 and 19m...he'd be helpful this year but that's a lot of money for a guy competing for time with Fultz and Cole...plus, do we want help this year?

I wonder if Bamba could get NAW straight up?

I wonder that as well and would do it in a heartbeat. This FO isn’t going to tank I expect them to look for something around deadline to push.

Bledsoe would be a solid Vet and we could always have 2 of Cole Bledsoe NAW Fultz on the court at all times. That’s a HUGE step for us in terms of depth.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Post#326 » by Def Swami » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:35 pm

Why would New Orleans want Bamba? They just gave Steven Adams a big contract and are perfectly fine with Jaxson Hayes. NAW is waiting his turn for when Redick leaves in free agency or is traded.

The Magic should have just drafted NAW when they had the chance.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#327 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:38 pm

Def Swami wrote:Why would New Orleans want Bamba? They just gave Steven Adams a big contract and are perfectly fine with Jaxson Hayes. NAW is waiting his turn for when Redick leaves in free agency or is traded.

ohh damn forgot about that 2 year extension. FML yeah we really F'd up the draft
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,396

Post#328 » by Bensational » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:01 pm

I think NOP are more likely to move Lonzo to create room for NAW than they are to move NAW.

I feel like JJ retires after this season and joins Stan's coaching team, which opens more room up. They've still got Hart, Bledsoe and Kira in the backcourt after that as well.

I do wonder if Stan could be convinced that Fournier is the JJ replacement he's looking for instead?

Philly also have some youth depth in Maxey/Milton, and a need/like for players like Fournier.

WeHam shoulda made the right pick the first time, but now they should just pay up so we can have some prospects on the court for a change.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#329 » by Skin » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:29 am

In order to right this wrong, WeHam has to be fired.

Right now, they have done as little as humanly possible to improve this team. None of their moves are working for them at this very moment.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#330 » by j-ragg » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:58 am

Speaking of guys that look great who WeltHam passed on: Keldon Johnson is good. 29 on 12/15 shooting so far in this tnt game.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,396

Post#331 » by Bensational » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:32 am

j-ragg wrote:Speaking of guys that look great who WeltHam passed on: Keldon Johnson is good. 29 on 12/15 shooting so far in this tnt game.

Yeah I'm pretty sure thelead was all over Johnson as his pick of the draft. (If not them, there was at least one strong supporter for him).

Kid is blowing up this year. Lonnie Walker doing well too. Pop kept them both pretty quiet last year but now they're both starting which is a huge shift.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 582

Post#332 » by MasterGMer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:25 am

Should we try Fournier for DeRozen? Both expiring contract but DeRozen can boost our 3 spot
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#333 » by nicnac215 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:36 am

Def Swami wrote:Why would New Orleans want Bamba? They just gave Steven Adams a big contract and are perfectly fine with Jaxson Hayes. NAW is waiting his turn for when Redick leaves in free agency or is traded.

Maybe we can get Hayes for Bamba :lol:
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#334 » by EasternMagic » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:24 am

MasterGMer wrote:Should we try Fournier for DeRozen? Both expiring contract but DeRozen can boost our 3 spot

If trading Evan for a DeRozen rental, a guy who certainly does not fit on this roster, ensures that we won't resign Evan... then sure. Sign me up.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,710

Post#335 » by basketballRob » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:53 pm

If we wanted to compete this year we'd trade AG and Fournier for Rubio, Beasley, and McDaniels.

They really need an AG type player and they already traded next year's 1st pick.
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#336 » by j-ragg » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:11 pm

basketballRob wrote:If we wanted to compete this year we'd trade AG and Fournier for Rubio, Beasley, and McDaniels.

They really need an AG type player and they already traded next year's 1st pick.

That's the all-in trade? What is our ceiling currently as opposed to playing with Rubio and Malik Beasley?

Don't get me wrong, I'd almost trade anyone for anyone as long as it gets vets off of this team, just don't see how that type of deal signals us competing.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#337 » by Skybox » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:34 pm

What's going on in TOR...I see some posts souring on Siakam and, obviously, they're not doing well. Perhaps they miss their bigs more than they thought they would. Nick Nurse is an awesome, creative coach. He'd do wonders with smart vets with diverse skills and it looks like OG is ready for his star turn (in Siakim's place?). Baynes is having a tough time so far - he could hold down the C spot while we pray Bamba wakes up. TOR is again a contender in East immediately. I'd prefer not to give '21 pick as this season is a total s**tshow, but I do think that the FRP is a big factor as well as getting off Siakim's deal/selling high while Nurse builds another young superstar or two with OG, Boucher, Davis, or picks...This would be followed with AG for picks, prospects, a Center? Disarray would likely keep us in this year's lottery despite the obvious upgrades.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7382213

ORL sends Vucevic, Fournier, Ennis + 2022 frp
TOR sends Siakim, Baynes, Powell

Bamba/Baynes/Birch
Isaac, Okeke
Siakam, Bacon
Powell, TRoss
Fultz, Anthony
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#338 » by j-ragg » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:28 pm

Skybox wrote:What's going on in TOR...I see some posts souring on Siakam and, obviously, they're not doing well. Perhaps they miss their bigs more than they thought they would. Nick Nurse is an awesome, creative coach. He'd do wonders with smart vets with diverse skills and it looks like OG is ready for his star turn (in Siakim's place?). Baynes is having a tough time so far - he could hold down the C spot while we pray Bamba wakes up. TOR is again a contender in East immediately. I'd prefer not to give '21 pick as this season is a total s**tshow, but I do think that the FRP is a big factor as well as getting off Siakim's deal/selling high while Nurse builds another young superstar or two with OG, Boucher, Davis, or picks...This would be followed with AG for picks, prospects, a Center? Disarray would likely keep us in this year's lottery despite the obvious upgrades.

Bamba/Baynes/Birch
Isaac, Okeke
Siakam, Bacon
Powell, TRoss
Fultz, Anthony

Sign me up. Throw in another first if you wanted, but I doubt they do it still.

I think Toronto would view themselves closer to contention with Siakam than Vucevic. Siakam and Isaac would be a fun front court duo, kind of opposites.

Powell would be a nice get (even outside of this deal).
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,255

Post#339 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:08 pm

Skybox wrote:What's going on in TOR...I see some posts souring on Siakam and, obviously, they're not doing well. Perhaps they miss their bigs more than they thought they would. Nick Nurse is an awesome, creative coach. He'd do wonders with smart vets with diverse skills and it looks like OG is ready for his star turn (in Siakim's place?). Baynes is having a tough time so far - he could hold down the C spot while we pray Bamba wakes up. TOR is again a contender in East immediately. I'd prefer not to give '21 pick as this season is a total s**tshow, but I do think that the FRP is a big factor as well as getting off Siakim's deal/selling high while Nurse builds another young superstar or two with OG, Boucher, Davis, or picks...This would be followed with AG for picks, prospects, a Center? Disarray would likely keep us in this year's lottery despite the obvious upgrades.

Bamba/Baynes/Birch
Isaac, Okeke
Siakam, Bacon
Powell, TRoss
Fultz, Anthony

There is no such thing as "star turn". Either you are or not. Siakam is complimentary peace. Played amazing behind Kawhi and Lowry and Gasol. As soon as Kawhi left, in playoffs he got exsposed.
Very good player, will never be lead player but is payed like one.
OG is like Cam Reddish. Defender who looks like he could do more but will dissapoint you every time he tries.

God forbid any furure roster from starting Fultz, Siakam, Gordon and Isaac. That's off dribble most limited team in history.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM

Post#340 » by Skybox » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:18 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

Bamba/Baynes/Birch
Isaac, Okeke
Siakam, Bacon
Powell, TRoss
Fultz, Anthony

There is no such thing as "star turn". Either you are or not. Siakam is complimentary peace. Played amazing behind Kawhi and Lowry and Gasol. As soon as Kawhi left, in playoffs he got exsposed.
Very good player, will never be lead player but is payed like one.
OG is like Cam Reddish. Defender who looks like he could do more but will dissapoint you every time he tries.

God forbid any furure roster from starting Fultz, Siakam, Gordon and Isaac. That's off dribble most limited team in history.

Forgive my incorrect use of the term(or yours)... OG has improved offensively each year and was always solid defensively...Sounds like Siakim a couple years ago. My point is that OG could, perhaps, move into Siakim's role with TOR seamlessly, by picking up more scoring opportunities. Siakim is more valuable than Vuc in a vacuum, but maybe not to Toronto. Great GM's make moves to make great teams. ..Just like AG is a solid player in the NBA, unless you have Isaac (or Siakim) ready to take his spot.

Return to Orlando Magic