ImageImageImageImage

2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

NW
Starter
And1: 347

Re: 2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk 

Post#141 » by NW » Tue Nov 3, 2020 3:11 pm

Bensational wrote:
NW wrote:
Bensational wrote:Here's a simple, low-key deal that might get everyone what they want:

GSW: Bamba + #15 + Hornets FFRP (lottery protected? Top ten?)
CHA: #2
ORL: #3

Golden State get a big man who might still have enough former #6 sheen on him to make this deal happen. He's a long big who can hit the 3 - they will absolutely be able to use him if he can keep up on the court. With the #15 they can take Bey, so they still get a prospect they're allegedly keen on. Then they also get the bonus potential pick from the Hornets. Bamba + Bey

This deal works in the trade checker with no other salaries required if the Warriors want to use some of their exception to absorb Bamba. If extra value is required we can send Ross to the Warriors and they send Poole in return to balance salaries and make everything fit with the trade exception. Maybe the Hornets are convinced to throw in Monk instead? Plenty of pieces to move around.

Charlotte get the #2 pick so they can take Wiseman, who they're allegedly keen on.

With the #3 pick we take Hayes/Haliburton. Now, we have insurance if Fournier opts out, and it hasn't cost us one of our starters. WeHam are probably more inclined to keep Vuc than Bamba, and this clears out the mess of duplication of talent/prospects.

Vuc/Birch
Gordon/Aminu
Okeke/(MCW/Iwundu)
(Hayes/Haliburton)/Ross
Fultz/?

If Fournier opts-in, then either of those guys can become the backup PG and take SG/secondary playmaker duties if partnered with Fultz (or we can trade Fournier which opens up the next option--). If Fournier opts out, then they slot into starting. Both seem capable enough to hit the ground running, but that probably means WeHam want another experienced pair of hands for the backcourt off the bench. Do they fill that role in a Fournier trade? Do they resign MCW, or is he better suited to playing wing now? Do they use the TPE and then absorb DSJr if the Knicks are looking to offload him? Or sign another veteran on the cheap - reunite Clifford and Lin?

At any rate, I don't see the Warriors getting a much better deal, to be honest. Those top 2 spots just aren't in demand, and I'm sure they'd rather not overpay for a prospect they like better slated to go later, and cheaper - plus a big, who easily would've been a top 3 pick in this draft class.

Mo Bamba and or T. Ross and 15 ain’t getting you a top 3 pick man, come on now. And Bamba would not be a top 3 pick in this class.

Something around Gordon/Bamba/15 for 2/Wiggins and a future protected pick maybe a 2nd rounder as well.

What are the better offers on the table for GSW then?

I don't want the #2 pick. I just want one of Hayes or Haliburton if we trade up, and they're projected to go over the next 5 picks. There isn't a 'prize' that is being sold at #2, so there isn't much value to the pick.

We certainly aren't doing the Warriors the favour of taking Wiggins' contract and giving them all that talent.

GSW:Bamba + Ross + Aminu + #15

ORL: Wiggins + #2

Plenty of interest from teams looking to trade up for Ball, LaMelo or Wiseman-whoever the TWolves don’t take where GS doesn’t have to trade all the way down to 15 where the prime talent is likely all gone.

The edge Orlando has is a guy in Gordon that GS has interest in and a guy in Bamba probably worth taking a flier on. But the flier isn’t worth dropping to 15.

Aminu and Ross aren’t anything GS couldn’t get cheaper on the FA market.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,160

Post#142 » by zaymon » Tue Nov 3, 2020 5:16 pm

NW wrote:
Bensational wrote:
NW wrote:
Mo Bamba and or T. Ross and 15 ain’t getting you a top 3 pick man, come on now. And Bamba would not be a top 3 pick in this class.

Something around Gordon/Bamba/15 for 2/Wiggins and a future protected pick maybe a 2nd rounder as well.

I don't want the #2 pick. I just want one of Hayes or Haliburton if we trade up, and they're projected to go over the next 5 picks. There isn't a 'prize' that is being sold at #2, so there isn't much value to the pick.

We certainly aren't doing the Warriors the favour of taking Wiggins' contract and giving them all that talent.

Plenty of interest from teams looking to trade up for Ball, LaMelo or Wiseman-whoever the TWolves don’t take where GS doesn’t have to trade all the way down to 15 where the prime talent is likely all gone.

The edge Orlando has is a guy in Gordon that GS has interest in and a guy in Bamba probably worth taking a flier on. But the flier isn’t worth dropping to 15.

Only interest i heard is trading down.

Who GSW can get this year exactly ? 36 y.o Millsap, Harkless and Justin Holiday ? I want to see those betyer players on cheaper contracts.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
NW
Starter
And1: 347

Post#143 » by NW » Tue Nov 3, 2020 7:31 pm

zaymon wrote:
NW wrote:
Bensational wrote:

Who GSW can get this year exactly ? 36 y.o Millsap, Harkless and Justin Holiday ? I want to see those betyer players on cheaper contracts.

You think the gap between guys like that and Ross and Aminu is that great?
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#144 » by Xatticus » Tue Nov 3, 2020 9:12 pm

NW wrote:
zaymon wrote:
NW wrote:

You think the gap between guys like that and Ross and Aminu is that great?

Aminu? No. Ross? Probably. I'd be curious to see what Ross looks like on a team that can create spot-up shots for him. He takes and makes bad shots for us. It's a staple of our offense for him to catch the ball coming off of screens and hoist up contested threes. I don't love Ross, but I don't think you are going to find a comparable player on the cheap. Would Ross be more effective in a more conventional role? I don't know. I just know that there aren't many players that are going to do what he does for us as well as he does it.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#145 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Nov 4, 2020 11:25 pm

Cam reddish would be a fun one to pull away if possible. Started off super slow... but definitely started to get his footing after the all star game. not sure what could be used to get him.... shoot... or a combination that can get the 6 with him. AG for Reddish + #6? Especially depending who falls down to that spot.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Post#146 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Nov 5, 2020 12:10 am

yoyojw17 wrote:Cam reddish would be a fun one to pull away if possible. Started off super slow... but definitely started to get his footing after the all star game. not sure what could be used to get him.... shoot... or a combination that can get the 6 with him. AG for Reddish + #6? Especially depending who falls down to that spot.

If we could pull this off while handing onto #15 I would be absolutely thrilled.

Grab someone like Haliburton at 6 who I think can play alongside Fultz.

Use #15 on BPA at a variety of spots. ... even some Euro stash options people have liked.

Then grab Cam as an extra SF prospect who can use minutes while Isaac is misses the year.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#147 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Nov 5, 2020 12:42 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:Cam reddish would be a fun one to pull away if possible. Started off super slow... but definitely started to get his footing after the all star game. not sure what could be used to get him.... shoot... or a combination that can get the 6 with him. AG for Reddish + #6? Especially depending who falls down to that spot.

If we could pull this off while handing onto #15 I would be absolutely thrilled.

Use #15 on BPA at a variety of spots. ... even some Euro stash options people have liked.

Then grab Cam as an extra SF prospect who can use minutes while Isaac is misses the year.

I thought about it... but then thought that was a little too much. hahah.... but yeah... i would totally be open... whether atlanta would... not sure... but the thought of AG to go along with Young, Huerter, Hunter, Collins and Capela could be intriguing for them.

But yeah... it would be a great trade for us. Tons of options to see what falls to 6. Haliburton, Hayes, Avdija, etc. shoooooot.... even Wiseman... yep... why not lol... If he's the best player available... and figure it out afterwards.

And yup... draft n stash or swing for the fences... fill a need with an easier translatable talent like a (tre jones).

Will give many options for us. Plus... I really think cam will come along... and i can see him being much better than currently projected.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#148 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Nov 5, 2020 1:18 am

yoyojw17 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

I thought about it... but then thought that was a little too much. hahah.... but yeah... i would totally be open... whether atlanta would... not sure... but the thought of AG to go along with Young, Huerter, Hunter, Collins and Capela could be intriguing for them.

But yeah... it would be a great trade for us. Tons of options to see what falls to 6. Haliburton, Hayes, Avdija, etc. shoooooot.... even Wiseman... yep... why not lol... If he's the best player available... and figure it out afterwards.

And yup... draft n stash or swing for the fences... fill a need with an easier translatable talent like a (tre jones).

Will give many options for us. Plus... I really think cam will come along... and i can see him being much better than currently projected.

I think they would want #15 included.

Honestly, I would probably be okay with that as well.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,451

Post#149 » by Bensational » Thu Nov 5, 2020 2:45 am

ATL: Vuc
CHA: #6 + Capela
ORL: #3 + Bridges + Zeller + Reddish

Zeller/Bamba
Gordon/Aminu/(Isaac)
Bridges/Okeke
(Fournier)/Reddish/Ross
Fultz/MCW

+ (Hayes/Haliburton) at #3
+ (Pok/Kira/Maxey/Terry/McDaniels/Green/Nesmith/etc) at #15

Maybe Atlanta doesn't want to include Reddish, but he seems to be the lowest rung of value on their youth in my opinion and #6 + Capella doesn't seem like enough, but maybe I'm overvaluing Vuc.

I'd rather Bamba start over Zeller, but we know it's Clifford and he wouldn't. But, Zeller is an expiring so Bamba knows he inherits the role next season and has this season to prove himself ready. I'd prefer Washington over Bridges, but I think Charlotte would as well as a better fit alongside Capella. We'd have an injection of new young prospects from the #3, #15, Bridges and Reddish. I expect more from the draft picks than I do from Bridges or Reddish, but they have potential.

I suspect Fournier opts out if Vuc is traded (and probably follows him to Atlanta!).
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#150 » by Skin » Thu Nov 5, 2020 7:55 am

So do we have anything good enough to get Booker?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#151 » by Skin » Thu Nov 5, 2020 7:56 am

Bensational wrote:ATL: Vuc

Zeller/Bamba
Gordon/Aminu/(Isaac)
Bridges/Okeke
(Fournier)/Reddish/Ross
Fultz/MCW

Maybe Atlanta doesn't want to include Reddish, but he seems to be the lowest rung of value on their youth in my opinion and #6 + Capella doesn't seem like enough, but maybe I'm overvaluing Vuc.

I'd rather Bamba start over Zeller, but we know it's Clifford and he wouldn't. But, Zeller is an expiring so Bamba knows he inherits the role next season and has this season to prove himself ready. I'd prefer Washington over Bridges, but I think Charlotte would as well as a better fit alongside Capella. We'd have an injection of new young prospects from the #3, #15, Bridges and Reddish. I expect more from the draft picks than I do from Bridges or Reddish, but they have potential.

I suspect Fournier opts out if Vuc is traded (and probably follows him to Atlanta!).

Not even in my wet dreams is Vuc worth that much in trade.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,451

Post#152 » by Bensational » Thu Nov 5, 2020 8:25 am

Skin wrote:
Spoiler:
Bensational wrote:ATL: Vuc

Zeller/Bamba
Gordon/Aminu/(Isaac)
Bridges/Okeke
(Fournier)/Reddish/Ross
Fultz/MCW

Not even in my wet dreams is Vuc worth that much in trade.

Ok, fair call. Simple version (still 3 team, take out Bridges and Reddish) - Vuc for #3 + Zeller?

Zeller/Bamba
Gordon/Aminu/(Isaac)
Okeke/MCW
Haliburton/Ross
Fultz/(Lewis/Terry)

I could get behind that. I think Clifford could get some gritty defense and competitiveness out of them at least.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#153 » by pepe1991 » Thu Nov 5, 2020 10:32 am

Skin wrote:So do we have anything good enough to get Booker?

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#154 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Nov 5, 2020 2:13 pm

Booker for the #1 overall pick + future picks makes sense given his desire to partner with friend KAT and their willingness to move the #1 pick.

Is that enough for the Suns?

... perhaps we can jump in as a 3rd team?

AG to the Suns, Oubre to Orlando + Phoenix / Orlando pick swap?
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#155 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Thu Nov 5, 2020 2:47 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

I totally lol'd at work over this! :D
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,151

Post#156 » by Def Swami » Thu Nov 5, 2020 3:33 pm

The league is just as confused as the rest of us. Zach Lowe on the off-season:
The East is kinda good, which means the Orlando Magic can't count on running back this group and coasting to the Brown Participation Ribbon Junior Varsity No. 7/8 Playoff Spot -- which might really just be No. 8 unless one of Milwaukee, Miami, Boston, Toronto, Brooklyn, Philadelphia, and Indiana disappoints.

Per usual, teams who have talked with the Magic have a hard time parsing their intentions. The wager here is they would be fine with Evan Fournier opting into the final year on his contract, and playing things out. If so, they should investigate what they might get for him in a trade.

The leaguewide interest level in Aaron Gordon is murkier. Brooklyn discussed chasing him in prior years, but that is probably moot now. He makes sense in Portland, though NBA Twitter's beloved Gordon-for-CJ McCollum swap has never been discussed in any serious way, sources say. Could Portland pry Gordon away without surrendering McCollum? Does Zach Collins appeal to a team with Nikola Vucevic, Mo Bamba, and Jonathan Isaac? What about Anfernee Simons?

Isaac could miss the season because of a knee injury; does that make Orlando less likely to move Gordon or Vucevic? Does the franchise have the stomach to take a step back?

FWIW, I'd take a deal centered around Anfernee Simons and Aaron Gordon. Simons + Ariza + 17 is still short on salary to match Gordon's, but that's the making of a deal I could get behind.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#157 » by pepe1991 » Thu Nov 5, 2020 4:06 pm

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I totally lol'd at work over this! :D

i lol'd on my bank account when i figured i have to pay car repair :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#158 » by Xatticus » Thu Nov 5, 2020 6:36 pm

Def Swami wrote:The league is just as confused as the rest of us. Zach Lowe on the off-season:
The East is kinda good, which means the Orlando Magic can't count on running back this group and coasting to the Brown Participation Ribbon Junior Varsity No. 7/8 Playoff Spot -- which might really just be No. 8 unless one of Milwaukee, Miami, Boston, Toronto, Brooklyn, Philadelphia, and Indiana disappoints.

Per usual, teams who have talked with the Magic have a hard time parsing their intentions. The wager here is they would be fine with Evan Fournier opting into the final year on his contract, and playing things out. If so, they should investigate what they might get for him in a trade.

The leaguewide interest level in Aaron Gordon is murkier. Brooklyn discussed chasing him in prior years, but that is probably moot now. He makes sense in Portland, though NBA Twitter's beloved Gordon-for-CJ McCollum swap has never been discussed in any serious way, sources say. Could Portland pry Gordon away without surrendering McCollum? Does Zach Collins appeal to a team with Nikola Vucevic, Mo Bamba, and Jonathan Isaac? What about Anfernee Simons?

Isaac could miss the season because of a knee injury; does that make Orlando less likely to move Gordon or Vucevic? Does the franchise have the stomach to take a step back?

FWIW, I'd take a deal centered around Anfernee Simons and Aaron Gordon. Simons + Ariza + 17 is still short on salary to match Gordon's, but that's the making of a deal I could get behind.

I'd much rather get Collins back. I'm not sure Bamba would ever see the floor again if Collins is healthy though. I just don't think there is much to Simons.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#159 » by jonbob17 » Thu Nov 5, 2020 7:10 pm

Boston is said to be trying to move up with their three first rounders, which sounds about right since they don't have many roster spots.

Magic send AG get picks 14 & 26
Phoenix get AG and 30
Celtics get pick 10

Magic draft Nesmith and Flynn, or enter you two favorites at those spots. Maxey and Josh Green, or Poku and Terry, point is there should be two guys with a good shot as rotational pieces (or better) at those picks.

Of course they would have 15 too, and the Celtics couldn't steal their guy there.
Skin
RealGM

Post#160 » by Skin » Thu Nov 5, 2020 7:12 pm

Def Swami wrote:The league is just as confused as the rest of us. Zach Lowe on the off-season:

This AG for McCollum idea has been floating around so long that it no longer makes sense. He'll be 30 next year. We're not in the business of trying to beat the Lakers next year. Lol. Ours is the long game.

Return to Orlando Magic