ImageImageImageImage

Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread Part 2

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Re: Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#61 » by RookieStar » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:36 pm

The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Regarding cole... I probably am wrong on this but all i see of him is a no-conscience shoot first, shoot later and shoot some more SG in a PG body...

That's based on his UNC days and what I think is gonna happen on the league.

He played on a team where no other player on the team is going to be drafted to the NBA. dude literally had no choice but to shoot first

What i see is a guy who was the #1 player in all of HS for YEARS, won MVP of EVERY all-star\camp (Nike EYBL, Nike Hoop SUmmit, McDonalds all american game, Jordan camp), hes also the son of an NBA vet who has been groomed for this his whole life, and is a PROVEN bucket. Thats the type of chance you have to take when youre a .500 team every year with no proven stars, no proven scorer and no path to getting out of the 1st round. The nuggets have become a top 5 team by doing that in recent years

Also, hes the exact same size as CJ McCullum (6'3 190) and just barely smaller than jamal murray when he was draft (6'4 205)

wooooah he is 6'3 with shoes on? Yeah.. I thought that was just his hair. In the court ( especially when he faced my dukies lol ) I always thought he was just 6'1 AT THE MOST.

Well if he can play off-ball to Fultz and spell him to partner with MCW in the G spots then I think he is ok.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#62 » by RookieStar » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:40 pm

Although, him not having above-average or even average wingspan tells me we our FO aren't looking at him lol
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Post#63 » by Ducklett » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:25 pm

After reading all these reports of all these guys charging up the boards (Kira Lewis, Nesmith, Cole Anthony, Saddiq Bey, among others) I don't think we are going to even need to trade AG to move up anymore at this point. I think it might behoove us to trade AG or something else for another pick a get 2 guys that were lotto until day of. I just looked at a few mocks that have come out today and one had Vassell dropping to 14, Terry dropping into the 20s, and Maxey into the 20s.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#64 » by basketballRob » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:20 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
Bakomagic wrote:
basketballRob wrote:That's why i compare him to Jameer. He was athletic early in his career too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

A 6ft 3 almost 200lb Jameer Nelson with a 40+ inch vertical sounds like a potential multiple time all star to me ?

I’d love to get that with the #15th pick, especially considering we have a shooting guard size ball handler who has a knack for creating easy scoring opportunities for his teammates in Fultz.

Agreed.... if he is available at 15... he definitely should be in consideration... shoot ... he probably should be in consideration as top 5 and injuries and team situation might have shot him in the foot... while giving lower teams to grab him. He might even still go high ... if he's balled out in workouts and interviews. That night might have a lot of surprises. Hope it's exciting for us
It says he has a 7'11" standing reach, which is about what Jameer was. Unless it's a mistake. On the other hand Chris Paul's is 7'9". Kira Lewis is 8'5".

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#65 » by Skin » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:26 am

Let's talk about this guy... Blazers interviewed him 3 times and could be taking him at 16. Has a seriously smooth game and appears to have so many things you would love. Alpha scorer, ISO ability, freak athleticsm, long wingspan, rebounds, defends and has some playmaking. 33% 3PT% not the greatest, but the package is sweet. Some of his moves are breath taking.

Read on Twitter

Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Post#66 » by Ducklett » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:51 am

Skin wrote:Let's talk about this guy... Blazers interviewed him 3 times and could be taking him at 16. Has a seriously smooth game and appears to have so many things you would love. Alpha scorer, ISO ability, freak athleticsm, long wingspan, rebounds, defends and has some playmaking. 33% 3PT% not the greatest, but the package is sweet. Some of his moves are breath taking.

Read on Twitter

Is this a joke... his name is J. Scrubb.... ARE YOU KIDDING?!
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#67 » by No-Man » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:09 am

This is my best Mock based on intel

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Em51MeXXIAAil5D?format=png&name=medium

Kinda what you can expect, OKC trading up to POR's pick using 25+28
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#68 » by KillMonger » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:36 am

Skybox wrote:trading up for Okoro would be utterly baffling to me. Good looking kid, but why for Orlando? Move one guy because his lack of outside shooting and shot creation (AG) won't mesh with Isaac and replace him with a smaller version? I'd get behind it but I must be missing something if that's the plan. I'm liking Okeke in that role.
Maybe they might see some Jimmy butler in him?
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#69 » by Skin » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:02 am

Ducklett wrote:
Skin wrote:Let's talk about this guy... Blazers interviewed him 3 times and could be taking him at 16. Has a seriously smooth game and appears to have so many things you would love. Alpha scorer, ISO ability, freak athleticsm, long wingspan, rebounds, defends and has some playmaking. 33% 3PT% not the greatest, but the package is sweet. Some of his moves are breath taking.

Read on Twitter

Is this a joke... his name is J. Scrubb.... ARE YOU KIDDING?!

Jayden Scrubb... and I'm not even kidding. This guy is completely new to me and I'm blown away. If I were him, I would legally change my name to Jayden Bryant! LOL
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#70 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:33 am

I've never been a fan of Anthony Cole's game. His lack of court awareness really bothered me. He's a chucker imo.
I think they're targeting Vassell. He's going top 10 and they know that.
Killian Hayes would be a dream unless by some miracle we get a top 3 pick.
Scrubb is this years Thon Maker. There's always an unknown guy from who knows where that everyone swears is a sleeper because he's destroying YMCA level talent. Do not trust.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#71 » by KillMonger » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:53 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:I've never been a fan of Anthony Cole's game. His lack of court awareness really bothered me. He's a chucker imo.
Scrubb is this years Thon Maker. There's always an unknown guy from who knows where that everyone swears is a sleeper because he's destroying YMCA level talent. Do not trust.
Honestly prefer Nesmith over vassell
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Post#72 » by zaymon » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:45 am

KillMonger wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:I've never been a fan of Anthony Cole's game. His lack of court awareness really bothered me. He's a chucker imo.

I am not the biggest fan of Vassell, but him compared to Nesmith is like Isaac next to Kuzma. Yes Kuzma is a better scorer, but thats all.
Devin lacks 1 on 1 creation but defensive lineup with him, Okeke and Isaac would be insane. I would propably prefer Okoro to be that bully defender, but his his shooting is a problem.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,033

Post#73 » by dsg2021 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:34 am

If we believe that one scout with 26 years of experience, Devin Vassell sounds like a clone of Victor Oladipo in a much, much bigger NBA body. Like, he's gonna legit learn new skill after new skill. Never stop competing all-out. Like a J.I. in a SF's body, with the same defensive presence and weirdly improving offense as well. Oh the joys of following something that we don't study or work on for a living, and have little clue of what to think.
Orl_Magic
Junior
And1: 197

Post#74 » by Orl_Magic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:44 am

Kira Lewis is a less ugly Sam Cassel.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#75 » by fendilim » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:28 am

Killian Hayes
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#76 » by drsd » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:33 am

Fischella wrote:This is my best Mock based on intel

If Vassell, Nesmith, and Hampton are all gone by #15, then this draft is a big loss for me. Yes I see Hayes as Mr. BPA based on your mock. But boy do I now see why the Magic must trade up at least three-spots in this draft.

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#77 » by drsd » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:34 am

zaymon wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

I am not the biggest fan of Vassell, but him compared to Nesmith is like Isaac next to Kuzma. Yes Kuzma is a better scorer, but thats all.
Devin lacks 1 on 1 creation but defensive lineup with him, Okeke and Isaac would be insane. I would propably prefer Okoro to be that bully defender, but his his shooting is a problem.

I think Nesmith is a better fit over Vassell. He's like Jonathan Clay who can play defense. Why would that be a bad outcome of this draft?

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#78 » by tiderulz » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:47 pm

Orl_Magic wrote:Kira Lewis is a less ugly Sam Cassel.

their games not even close. i dont understand this comparison
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#79 » by tiderulz » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:48 pm

drsd wrote:
Fischella wrote:This is my best Mock based on intel

If Vassell, Nesmith, and Hampton are all gone by #15, then this draft is a big loss for me. Yes I see Hayes as Mr. BPA based on your mock. But boy do I now see why the Magic must trade up at least three-spots in this draft.

you worry about Hampton? yet another guy that absolutely cannot shoot.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Post#80 » by zaymon » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:59 pm

drsd wrote:
zaymon wrote:
KillMonger wrote:Honestly prefer Nesmith over vassell

I think Nesmith is a better fit over Vassell. He's like Jonathan Clay who can play defense. Why would that be a bad outcome of this draft?

For all his tools Nesmith is not a good defender. He is not particulary smart, he is not quick on his feet. I dont think he projects to be even Fournier level defender. Offensively he is very limited. To me he is opposite of Okoro. He is not a good ball handler, he is not a good passer and decision maker, he is not great athlete. If i had to make a comparison i would say lesser version of Terrence Ross. Clifford likes to have at least 2 playmakers on the floor and Nesmith is not that. I was one of his first fans here, but more as a late first round pick than near lottery.
If we want pure shooters there are similar or better options in the second round:

1. Jordan Nwora
2. Isaiah Joe
3. Ty- Shon Alexander
4. Sam Merril
5. Killian Tillie
6. Nico Mannion

Not all of them movement shooters, but all of them have more skills to contribute offensively. Personally i would most likely pick Desmond Bane at 15. Lineup flexibility that he provides would be insane (if he holds up defensively).
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !

Return to Orlando Magic