Skybox wrote:Has there ever been a better time to make a bold move for a middling team?
-No arena revenue regardless if there's a rough patch
-decimated by injuries to the two young guys we've just committed to- and everybody else
-Our best shooter is an upcoming FA
-Our most valuable trade chip (AG) is also our most redundant when Isaac gets back (to a lesser extent Okeke)
-All indications are a strong draft this offseason
-Good chance that league will pause/shut down or bubble before this season and pandemic are over
-Continuity as an advantage is shot due to minimal preseason and constant roster uncertainty this season
GO FOR IT WEHAM - nobody cares if we suck right now. This NBA season is irrelevant and getting nuttier by the day.
1. Hold on to Vuc. Let Bamba play more, experiment with him at PF (I know I know-just get him on the floor for now). Vuc can shoot 3's and score inside if needed. He is highly skilled and adaptable to new talent coming in. Not his fault that he's been the best guy on the team for years (by a mile). He'll be a fantastic 2nd or 3rd option someday. Hopefully, Bamba draws interest or reveals himself to be a keeper. Either way, he's worthless rotting on our bench for 4 years before he gets a chance or reveals himself to be a bust.
2. Trade AG and Evan for prospects that are buried like NAW, Nesmith, Levert (sort of buried-we'll say overshadowed) etc...or, if you can, bundle for a star like Beal or CJ (add in Bamba, Aminu, etc, as needed). Both of these guys have some value and both need a change of scenery. Get shooters and handlers. Look for chemistry, not individual talent. Assemble a team that works, with Isaac, Fultz, and Vuc in mind.
3. Keep TRoss (unless he's a deal-breaker for a star trade). He's also highly adaptable and relishes his 6th man role.
4. Let Cole play through his mistakes and gently refine him. He's seems to have the Alpha ego that can handle temporary setbacks and firmly believes he's (going to be) a great player. Really, what's our other option at PG. Do NOT trade for a placeholder like Bledsoe, etc
1) Unless the Magic sign Isaiah Thomas, Shabazz Napier, or Jeremy Lin in the next two weeks, I think this is a sign that Orlando is not going to try to actually win games. At that point, trading Fournier to Boston for a 2nd-round pick (to save revenue) and Gordon for some young assets such as Alexander-Walker and a future 1st is not a bad outcome. Then, well, I guess we can look forward to Anthony/Bacon/Ennis/Okeke/Bamba minutes together. Ouch!
2) I totally disagree with, "Good chance that league will pause/shut down or bubble before this season and pandemic are over
". Te legume might ban fans from all games, but has projected the the season will go on as is.