ImageImageImageImage

Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#21 » by Bakomagic » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:10 am

basketballRob wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Mo Bamba is everybody’s buddy haha.

Hopefully we end our tradition of sitting out our rookie for most or all of their first year !
X_O_Z
Junior
And1: 254

Post#22 » by X_O_Z » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:11 am

No lie, Cole played for a realy bad team and when you are the only best player of that team, that means the main focus will be on you. Not only due to his knee injury, but also his efficiency went down due to lack of good players in his team. This dude has that alpha mentality that I think we are missing in this team. He and Fultz will make it work and I think Fournier will be traded to a team that wants cap space after his one year contract is up. Cole is a shooter and can average triple double as well. Fultz and Cole will be the backcourt.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 583

Post#23 » by MasterGMer » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:13 am

X_O_Z wrote:No lie, Cole played for a realy bad team and when you are the only best player of that team, that means the main focus will be on you. Not only due to his knee injury, but also his efficiency went down due to lack of good players in his team. This dude has that alpha mentality that I think we are missing in this team. He and Fultz will make it work and I think Fournier will be traded to a team that wants cap space after his one year contract is up. Cole is a shooter and can average triple double as well. Fultz and Cole will be the backcourt.

A 6'3 off guard? I think his future is PG
Rockzin4
Junior
And1: 182

Post#24 » by Rockzin4 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:15 am

Welcome to the Magic Cole! Happy to have him.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#25 » by Skin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:15 am

The1llness wrote:Greg Anthony and Brian Grant were teammates in Portland when Cole was conceived.

I’m not saying Cole isn’t Greg’s son....but he might wanna take a DNA test just to make sure.

:lol:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#26 » by Skin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:16 am

basketballRob wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

:lol:
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#27 » by OrlandoMagic » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:16 am

Maybe cause I’ve turned off the NBA this past year but I’m actually happy with this pick. Hopefully he gets some minutes. Still would like to trade Fournier or Gordon
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#28 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:17 am

MasterGMer wrote:
X_O_Z wrote:No lie, Cole played for a realy bad team and when you are the only best player of that team, that means the main focus will be on you. Not only due to his knee injury, but also his efficiency went down due to lack of good players in his team. This dude has that alpha mentality that I think we are missing in this team. He and Fultz will make it work and I think Fournier will be traded to a team that wants cap space after his one year contract is up. Cole is a shooter and can average triple double as well. Fultz and Cole will be the backcourt.

He can guard the PG and Fultz the SG, but Fultz can start with the ball on offense.
X_O_Z
Junior
And1: 254

Post#29 » by X_O_Z » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:17 am

MasterGMer wrote:

He will be running PG and SG along with Fultz Running both SG and PG. Its the same situation as in Portland with Damian and CJ. You see Cole's team wasn't good at all and this man had to do it all. Now he is in a situation that he doesn't have to do it all because He can rely to pass to Vuc or Ross for the shots when he wants to pass. The pick and roll game with Vuc will be really good.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,917

Post#30 » by MagicMatic » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:18 am

Hate this pick.

Welcome Cole Anthony.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by Bakomagic » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:19 am

MasterGMer wrote:

Do you think Fultz is unable to defend shooting guards ?
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 736

Post#32 » by CZ Eddie » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:19 am

Really excited to see Fultz & Cole Anthony together, but who were the last PG tandem that actually worked together really well without blowing up within a year or two?
Keep your politics out of my sports
Skin
RealGM

Post#33 » by Skin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:19 am

Bakomagic wrote:Let’s Go !

Cole world, he is a hooper hooper, with all of our athletic long theoretical scorers it was time to get a flat out bucket getter !

We needed a guy who has a scorers mentality that won’t crap his pants when the playoffs come around, I see Cole as that.

Really confident for better or for worst, here’s hoping for best !

Anybody can be a bucket getter chucking shots with tunnel vision. .380 FG% 4.0 apg 3.5 TOpg :banghead:

Poor Fultz. So do we trade him now? Fultz can't play off guard.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 583

Post#34 » by MasterGMer » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:19 am

We still need a 2 guard and 3 wing, when Ennis opted out. I hope Magic makes a move to land one thru trade
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#35 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:21 am

Hoping this means no more DJ as well. Even if Anthony is what some of you guys think, which is a bum, at least it should mean no more DJ and the ball being in Fultz hands all the time.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by Bakomagic » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:21 am

Skin wrote:

Cole world, he is a hooper hooper, with all of our athletic long theoretical scorers it was time to get a flat out bucket getter !

We needed a guy who has a scorers mentality that won’t crap his pants when the playoffs come around, I see Cole as that.

Anybody can be a bucket getter chucking shots with tunnel vision. .380 FG% 4.0 apg 3.5 TOpg :banghead:

Those numbers are not great in a vacuum but I think it’s important to look at those in context, but I guess we will see

Why would he have to play off ball when cool
Is a good catch and shoot option ?
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#37 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:21 am

If Cliff can get him under control and mold him into Kemba Walker 2.0 as some scouting profiles have labeled him ...

A great prize may have fallen into our lap as teams overthought the draft.

He was an elite prospect for a reason. We can’t ignore the struggles this past year. He and the coaching staff must address those but if they can ... who knows?
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,917

Post#38 » by MagicMatic » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:21 am

Skin wrote:

No, we’ll just have the same player off the bench.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#39 » by fendilim » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:22 am

Skin wrote:

game on the line. Who you’d want to take a perimeter jumper? Cole or fultz?

I think fultz will be good off the bench if he cant get the jumper going
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by Bakomagic » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:23 am

Bakomagic wrote:
Skin wrote:

Those numbers are not great in a vacuum but I think it’s important to look at those in context, but I guess we will see

Why would he have to play off ball when cole
Is a good catch and shoot option ?

Return to Orlando Magic