ImageImageImageImage

Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

User avatar
RookieStar
General Manager
Posts: 9,404
And1: 1,804
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#861 » by RookieStar » Fri Jan 8, 2021 9:36 am

drsd wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:Cole isn’t a push over. He is going to pester those guys and give them everything he has. We have seen a lot of guys just lay over and play dead in tough situations or when down but I dont think we will ever see that from Cole


Yea... basically Harden 45 points game comfirmed :lol:


Beal just went 60 in a Wizards loss. I would be ok with a Harden 60-point game in a Magic win.


..


I think itl.be bacon and ennis who will guard Harden while Cole will be abused by Wall
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 11,344
And1: 5,181
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#862 » by KillMonger » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:41 am

RookieStar wrote:
drsd wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Yea... basically Harden 45 points game comfirmed :lol:


Beal just went 60 in a Wizards loss. I would be ok with a Harden 60-point game in a Magic win.


..


I think itl.be bacon and ennis who will guard Harden while Cole will be abused by Wall

trial by fire....he's going to learn by force what it takes to be a guard in this league....sink or swim....i prefer this method to the magic's training wheel method....he's going to learn a lot
Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA
basketballRob
RealGM
Posts: 11,356
And1: 4,800
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#863 » by basketballRob » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:55 am

drsd wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:Cole isn’t a push over. He is going to pester those guys and give them everything he has. We have seen a lot of guys just lay over and play dead in tough situations or when down but I dont think we will ever see that from Cole


Yea... basically Harden 45 points game comfirmed


Beal just went 60 in a Wizards loss. I would be ok with a Harden 60-point game in a Magic win.


..
Harden will only get 60 if Fournier plays.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 13,015
And1: 10,497
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#864 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:03 pm

basketballRob wrote:
drsd wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Yea... basically Harden 45 points game comfirmed


Beal just went 60 in a Wizards loss. I would be ok with a Harden 60-point game in a Magic win.


..
Harden will only get 60 if Fournier plays.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app


Funniest part aside of pure hate is fact that Harden scored 54 points against Magic in 2019, and he only scored 12 on Evan, 42 on MCW, Gordon and Isaac :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But hey, keep being ignorant hater, not my problem :dontknow:
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
MaKiaVeLi7
Junior
Posts: 269
And1: 153
Joined: Feb 22, 2020
   

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#865 » by MaKiaVeLi7 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:08 pm

Knightro wrote:Cole Anthony - The Good and The Bad Through 2 Weeks

The Good
-He's an excellent rebounding guard.
11.7 REB/100 is absolutely great for a guy his size. His desire to crash the offensive glass has burned the Magic in transition the other way a couple of times, but it brings a second chance element that Magic simply haven't had in Clifford's entire tenure.

-He's taking care of the basketball.
One of the knocks on Anthony coming out was that he wasn't a pure point guard and wasn't someone you could rely on to get your team into offensive sets while controlling the flow and tempo of the offense. While I think most of that is still true, he's done a really good job of not giving the ball away with just 7 turnovers in 140 minutes (1 TO every 20 minutes played) almost all on the basketball. Compare that to Fultz to has 18 turnovers in 211 minutes (1 TO every 8.5 minutes played)

-He's drawing enough fouls and converting enough FTs to keep himself from completely drowning offensively.
Anthony's FT rate (31.2%) and his FT percentage (95%) are both way above the league average. Hopefully that is something he can continue to maintain while he figures out how to take more shots he's capable of making.

The Bad
-He can't make a shot.
Anthony's shot profile is... in a word... brutal.

11% of his attempts are at the rim and he's converting 57.1%
36% of his attempts are floater/runner range and he's converting 22.7%
12.5% of his attempts are short midrange and he's converting 50.0%
14% of his attempts are long midrange and he's converting 22.2%
26.5% of his attempts are 3PT and he's converting 23.5%

30 of his 64 shots have come inside 10 feet and he's making an unspeakably poor 30% of those shots.

Unfortunately, he's not at all making up for it on jumpers either as he's currently sub 25% on both deep twos and threes. The fact that he's 19-20 from the free throw line suggests there's some natural shooting ability there (and nothing about his shot **looks** like it's wrong like it clearly does with Fultz, MCW and others).

By posting this you're at risk of tempting Pepe to storm in here and start carpet-bombarding the forum with random statistics.
Watch out, man! Pepe is always on duty!

Image
Image
When we ride on our bball enemieZ!
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 13,015
And1: 10,497
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#866 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:43 pm

MaKiaVeLi7 wrote:
Knightro wrote:Cole Anthony - The Good and The Bad Through 2 Weeks

The Good
-He's an excellent rebounding guard.
11.7 REB/100 is absolutely great for a guy his size. His desire to crash the offensive glass has burned the Magic in transition the other way a couple of times, but it brings a second chance element that Magic simply haven't had in Clifford's entire tenure.

-He's taking care of the basketball.
One of the knocks on Anthony coming out was that he wasn't a pure point guard and wasn't someone you could rely on to get your team into offensive sets while controlling the flow and tempo of the offense. While I think most of that is still true, he's done a really good job of not giving the ball away with just 7 turnovers in 140 minutes (1 TO every 20 minutes played) almost all on the basketball. Compare that to Fultz to has 18 turnovers in 211 minutes (1 TO every 8.5 minutes played)

-He's drawing enough fouls and converting enough FTs to keep himself from completely drowning offensively.
Anthony's FT rate (31.2%) and his FT percentage (95%) are both way above the league average. Hopefully that is something he can continue to maintain while he figures out how to take more shots he's capable of making.

The Bad
-He can't make a shot.
Anthony's shot profile is... in a word... brutal.

11% of his attempts are at the rim and he's converting 57.1%
36% of his attempts are floater/runner range and he's converting 22.7%
12.5% of his attempts are short midrange and he's converting 50.0%
14% of his attempts are long midrange and he's converting 22.2%
26.5% of his attempts are 3PT and he's converting 23.5%

30 of his 64 shots have come inside 10 feet and he's making an unspeakably poor 30% of those shots.

Unfortunately, he's not at all making up for it on jumpers either as he's currently sub 25% on both deep twos and threes. The fact that he's 19-20 from the free throw line suggests there's some natural shooting ability there (and nothing about his shot **looks** like it's wrong like it clearly does with Fultz, MCW and others).

By posting this you're at risk of tempting Pepe to storm in here and start carpet-bombarding the forum with random statistics.
Watch out, man! Pepe is always on duty!

Image
Image


Or..maybe you shouldn't have " i was right ,you were wrong "parade against other posters by using 2 games sample size and now, when reality kicked you in nuts, you are nowhere to be found?
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
MaKiaVeLi7
Junior
Posts: 269
And1: 153
Joined: Feb 22, 2020
   

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#867 » by MaKiaVeLi7 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:53 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MaKiaVeLi7 wrote:
Knightro wrote:Cole Anthony - The Good and The Bad Through 2 Weeks

The Good
-He's an excellent rebounding guard.
11.7 REB/100 is absolutely great for a guy his size. His desire to crash the offensive glass has burned the Magic in transition the other way a couple of times, but it brings a second chance element that Magic simply haven't had in Clifford's entire tenure.

-He's taking care of the basketball.
One of the knocks on Anthony coming out was that he wasn't a pure point guard and wasn't someone you could rely on to get your team into offensive sets while controlling the flow and tempo of the offense. While I think most of that is still true, he's done a really good job of not giving the ball away with just 7 turnovers in 140 minutes (1 TO every 20 minutes played) almost all on the basketball. Compare that to Fultz to has 18 turnovers in 211 minutes (1 TO every 8.5 minutes played)

-He's drawing enough fouls and converting enough FTs to keep himself from completely drowning offensively.
Anthony's FT rate (31.2%) and his FT percentage (95%) are both way above the league average. Hopefully that is something he can continue to maintain while he figures out how to take more shots he's capable of making.

The Bad
-He can't make a shot.
Anthony's shot profile is... in a word... brutal.

11% of his attempts are at the rim and he's converting 57.1%
36% of his attempts are floater/runner range and he's converting 22.7%
12.5% of his attempts are short midrange and he's converting 50.0%
14% of his attempts are long midrange and he's converting 22.2%
26.5% of his attempts are 3PT and he's converting 23.5%

30 of his 64 shots have come inside 10 feet and he's making an unspeakably poor 30% of those shots.

Unfortunately, he's not at all making up for it on jumpers either as he's currently sub 25% on both deep twos and threes. The fact that he's 19-20 from the free throw line suggests there's some natural shooting ability there (and nothing about his shot **looks** like it's wrong like it clearly does with Fultz, MCW and others).

By posting this you're at risk of tempting Pepe to storm in here and start carpet-bombarding the forum with random statistics.
Watch out, man! Pepe is always on duty!

Image
Image


Or..maybe you shouldn't have " i was right ,you were wrong "parade against other posters by using 2 games sample size and now, when reality kicked you in nuts, you are nowhere to be found?

Sounds right, Pepe! "Kicking someone in the nuts" is something totally expected out of you. The macho thing to do, you're the man... or woman, or whatever...
When we ride on our bball enemieZ!
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 13,015
And1: 10,497
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#868 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:38 pm

MaKiaVeLi7 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MaKiaVeLi7 wrote:By posting this you're at risk of tempting Pepe to storm in here and start carpet-bombarding the forum with random statistics.
Watch out, man! Pepe is always on duty!

Image
Image


Or..maybe you shouldn't have " i was right ,you were wrong "parade against other posters by using 2 games sample size and now, when reality kicked you in nuts, you are nowhere to be found?

Sounds right, Pepe! "Kicking someone in the nuts" is something totally expected out of you. The macho thing to do, you're the man... or woman, or whatever...


I didn't hit you, nothing but your loud mouth kicked you. Next time don't throw " superstar" parade after preseason and you'll be fine ;)
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
basketballRob
RealGM
Posts: 11,356
And1: 4,800
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#869 » by basketballRob » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:18 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
drsd wrote:
Beal just went 60 in a Wizards loss. I would be ok with a Harden 60-point game in a Magic win.


..
Harden will only get 60 if Fournier plays.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app


Funniest part aside of pure hate is fact that Harden scored 54 points against Magic in 2019, and he only scored 12 on Evan, 42 on MCW, Gordon and Isaac

But hey, keep being ignorant hater, not my problem :dontknow:
I remember Harden scoring 40 and getting a triple double last year against Evan. The next game when Evan was out, we shut him down and won the game.

You can never admit the guy just isn't a good defender. The only game we won recently was the one Fournier didn't play.


https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201901270HOU.html



Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Skin
RealGM
Posts: 15,763
And1: 7,384
Joined: Jul 03, 2009
   

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#870 » by Skin » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:50 pm

The reason why I support young players getting playing time is because you find out real fast if they are going to sink or swim. Then we can have confidence in resigning them or moving on quickly for an upgrade. All too often we are extending guys in order to keep them, while not having full confidence in them yet. It's a huge problem for this team year after year.

Sad that it takes injury for this ball-less franchise to do it, but I'm happy Cole will get a chance to show what he's got, work through his lumps and by the end of the year we'll have a good idea of what kind of role he'll have in the future.
Fultz, _____, Okeke, Isaac, Bamba. LET'S GO!
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 8,916
And1: 9,979
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#871 » by Knightro » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:42 pm

Anthony really needs to figure out his floater conundrum.

A. He's been really bad at them (7-24, 29.1%)
B. That is the shot he takes the most of all shot types.

He's been a great FT shooter and he's now up to 70% FG at the rim and 50% FG from 10-16 feet on short jump shots. He either has to make the adjustment that teams are conceding a shot he hasn't shown the ability to make and stop taking so many or quickly try and figure out a way to make more of them.

Last night he was 5-9 on non floaters and 5-6 on non floaters inside the arc.

I believe the 3PT shooting is going to come around eventually. Guys who are 90% from the line and don't have any noticeable flaws or hitches in their jumper aren't going to shoot 17% from three for the season. Just aren't.
Magicfanatic82
Freshman
Posts: 71
And1: 36
Joined: Oct 18, 2020

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#872 » by Magicfanatic82 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:44 pm

Knightro wrote:Anthony really needs to figure out his floater conundrum.

A. He's been really bad at them (7-24, 29.1%)
B. That is the shot he takes the most of all shot types.

He's been a great FT shooter and he's now up to 70% FG at the rim and 50% FG from 10-16 feet on short jump shots. He either has to make the adjustment that teams are conceding a shot he hasn't shown the ability to make and stop taking so many or quickly try and figure out a way to make more of them.

Last night he was 5-9 on non floaters and 5-6 on non floaters inside the arc.

I believe the 3PT shooting is going to come around eventually. Guys who are 90% from the line and don't have any noticeable flaws or hitches in their jumper aren't going to shoot 17% from three for the season. Just aren't.

Cole seems to be slightly rushing his shots. At some point things should slow down for him. On a positive note he competes on d and is always involved on the bench and huddles. Seems to be a great teammate.
Watching him and Mo get mins was the best part of last nights blow out.
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 11,344
And1: 5,181
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#873 » by KillMonger » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:36 pm

Knightro wrote:Anthony really needs to figure out his floater conundrum.

A. He's been really bad at them (7-24, 29.1%)
B. That is the shot he takes the most of all shot types.

He's been a great FT shooter and he's now up to 70% FG at the rim and 50% FG from 10-16 feet on short jump shots. He either has to make the adjustment that teams are conceding a shot he hasn't shown the ability to make and stop taking so many or quickly try and figure out a way to make more of them.

Last night he was 5-9 on non floaters and 5-6 on non floaters inside the arc.

I believe the 3PT shooting is going to come around eventually. Guys who are 90% from the line and don't have any noticeable flaws or hitches in their jumper aren't going to shoot 17% from three for the season. Just aren't.

I feel the same, i notice the uncontested floaters go in fine though it's the ones he's forcing with a defender on his side that throws him off.....Right now he's in the middle of figuring out what works and what doesn't, i'm not really worried about the shooting...like you said he's like high 80's or 90% from the line on a good amount of attempts.....Too good for me to believe he just can't shoot, occam's razor it's more like he's just in a funk....His size out there does hurt him but his athleticism helps a lot with that imo, when his body fills out more i think he's going to be a fine finisher.....I just want him to be more of a floor general and help run the team and get others into a better rhythm...

Spacing is really important, it's not a surprise he did his best work with a floor spacer to work off of as i really liked the actions with him and bamba....Either way i think throwing cole into the fire is going to be good for him....I think you can grow just as much on the court playing against comp as you would working on your game in the off-season
Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA
User avatar
fendilim
RealGM
Posts: 27,651
And1: 3,653
Joined: Jun 11, 2002
Location: 孫悟空, 时间太?!

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#874 » by fendilim » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:30 pm

Knightro wrote:Anthony really needs to figure out his floater conundrum.

A. He's been really bad at them (7-24, 29.1%)
B. That is the shot he takes the most of all shot types.

He's been a great FT shooter and he's now up to 70% FG at the rim and 50% FG from 10-16 feet on short jump shots. He either has to make the adjustment that teams are conceding a shot he hasn't shown the ability to make and stop taking so many or quickly try and figure out a way to make more of them.

Last night he was 5-9 on non floaters and 5-6 on non floaters inside the arc.

I believe the 3PT shooting is going to come around eventually. Guys who are 90% from the line and don't have any noticeable flaws or hitches in their jumper aren't going to shoot 17% from three for the season. Just aren't.

He’ll be fine. I think he’ll developer his floater over time. Took DLo some time to get his, Trae also. He’ll be fine. Cole has to focus first on his shot selection and setting up his teammates.
Image
zaymon
Veteran
Posts: 2,666
And1: 1,447
Joined: Jul 01, 2015
   

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#875 » by zaymon » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:11 pm

Anthony needs to spend some time with Dj Augustine tape. I would start with Toronto game 1 ;)
Bold Predictions:
1. Deandre Ayton biggest disappointment of 2018 draft.
2. Nick Nurse becomes Orlando Magic Head Coach. (15.04.2018)
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 13,015
And1: 10,497
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#876 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:30 pm

Main issue is that he can't shoot and looks very very small out there. Guy is 4-24 (16%) for 3.

If he can' t figure playmaking he won't last long in the league.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
Furinkazan
Head Coach
Posts: 7,326
And1: 3,244
Joined: May 11, 2005
       

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#877 » by Furinkazan » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:52 pm

meanwhile Maxey is ballin
WHy our young players cant show up like this when needed (like last night)
User avatar
RookieStar
General Manager
Posts: 9,404
And1: 1,804
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#878 » by RookieStar » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:05 pm

To be honest, I thought 3pt shooting was a strength of Cole.. as well as the crazy drives. My mistake.
User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Analyst
Posts: 3,525
And1: 2,912
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
   

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#879 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:47 pm

Furinkazan wrote:meanwhile Maxey is ballin
WHy our young players cant show up like this when needed (like last night)

Sheesh Maxey a dude
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 13,015
And1: 10,497
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#880 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:17 am

Furinkazan wrote:meanwhile Maxey is ballin
WHy our young players cant show up like this when needed (like last night)


Piss poor drafting 2018, 2019 and 2020
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide

Return to Orlando Magic