ImageImageImageImage

Magic re-sign G Michael Carter-Williams to a 2-year contract (no options)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Re: Magic re-sign G Michael Carter-Williams to a 2-year contract (no options) 

Post#41 » by Skin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:25 pm

j-ragg wrote:
zaymon wrote:
The Effect wrote:
If you guys don't see the plan, you're all crazy

I mean you take a 38 win team, subtract isaac, add in Cole, chuma, and bacon, and that's clearly a championship contending team! :lol:

OKC which everyone seems to love right now was commited to mediocrity since Durant left until PG made the decision for Presti and demanded a trade. 4 years of mediocrity under Westbrook without any young talent.
We just made playoffs for the second time, with injury ravaged team, with above average young core. This year we added two more promising young players. We can always go OKC route and trade all our veterans. Its the easiest way, everyone on this board could do it. If someone wants to lose more next year that was not the best offseason, but in my eyes we got a little better.

That is quite the stretch to compare where we are to OKC who had an MVP on their team.

OKC now is doing it the easiest way :lol: :lol: jesus christ. Orlando GMs clock in for an hour per season to pick their 15th and make their 2nd rounder trade. You give Orlando all the credit in the world for signing Dwayne **** Bacon to a deal but OKC getting 13 first round picks.... eh too easy.

LORD THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING ME A THUNDER FAN OUR 38 GAMES WON WILL BE AMAZING COMPARED TO THEIR 33

I'm gonna brag sooooooo bad when we have more wins than the Thunder next year!

Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,316

Post#42 » by jonbob17 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:49 pm

This is the only offseason move I can get behind. The Canadian kid looks ok as udfa, too. Still would much rather have a 2nd round pick than Bacon, and an upside swing like Josh Jackson over Ennis.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Post#43 » by The Effect » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:53 pm

Skin wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
zaymon wrote:
OKC which everyone seems to love right now was commited to mediocrity since Durant left until PG made the decision for Presti and demanded a trade. 4 years of mediocrity under Westbrook without any young talent.
We just made playoffs for the second time, with injury ravaged team, with above average young core. This year we added two more promising young players. We can always go OKC route and trade all our veterans. Its the easiest way, everyone on this board could do it. If someone wants to lose more next year that was not the best offseason, but in my eyes we got a little better.

That is quite the stretch to compare where we are to OKC who had an MVP on their team.

OKC now is doing it the easiest way :lol: :lol: jesus christ. Orlando GMs clock in for an hour per season to pick their 15th and make their 2nd rounder trade. You give Orlando all the credit in the world for signing Dwayne **** Bacon to a deal but OKC getting 13 first round picks.... eh too easy.

LORD THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING ME A THUNDER FAN OUR 38 GAMES WON WILL BE AMAZING COMPARED TO THEIR 33

I'm gonna brag sooooooo bad when we have more wins than the Thunder next year!

The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#44 » by The Real Dalic » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:09 pm

Love MCW and will always welcome him on this team. Welcome back, MCW!
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#45 » by MoMM » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:36 pm

Good backup player, a lot of energy. Happy that he is back.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,603

Post#46 » by RookieStar » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:53 pm

Actually, I like it. MCW was one of the reasons I still watch the games. Total hustle and effort for this former ROY (lol)
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,829

Post#47 » by Last Guardian » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:38 pm

Hard to hate him considering how huge of an impact he has defensively. He makes it really difficult for whoever he is guarding and disrupts the opponents entire system. Really wish JI could be healthy because with both guys getting decent minutes we could be top team on defense
Bonafide89
Junior
And1: 160

Post#48 » by Bonafide89 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:29 am

The running it back narrative hurts but singing MCW is a good move. He's been revitalized in ORL

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#49 » by KillMonger » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:56 am

Yay I guess

Return to Orlando Magic