ImageImageImageImage

Official 2021 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Re: Official 2021 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#181 » by The Effect » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:28 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:Who from this class looks capable of averaging 30 points per game?

I dont know about 30, but i could see Cade being a mid-20s+ ppg guy
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Post#182 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:34 pm

The Effect wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:Who from this class looks capable of averaging 30 points per game?

He isn’t flashy but he really seems like the complete package and has some of the “length” features we joke about but know our management seeks out.

He can check a lot of the boxes we have while having an easing path to more playing time than he can handle.

Cade likely is the one true answer to the question: “who is the best option for Orlando?”
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#183 » by zaymon » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:04 pm

It seems like not a great scoring class. I would even say not a great class overall outside top 5-6 prospects. Regarding question i would say Jalen Green and Josh Christopher.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#184 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:10 pm

Edit: Atlanta pulled ahead with a win today

Orlando is now tied for the #10 spot.

No chance Miami and Toronto remain worse than us.

I believe New Orleans will start realizing their potential.

Likewise for Charlotte. With Fultz gone and injuries piling up, the debate is over here. They are better.

Once Dipo joins Houston I assume they will improve to be better than us as well.

That should put us around the #6 spot with Chicago, Sacramento, Washington, Minny, Detroit ahead.

Can we out-tank any of these teams?
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#185 » by zaymon » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:15 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:Orlando is now tied for the #11 spot.

Likewise for Atlanta and Charlotte. With Fultz gone and injuries piling up, the debate is over here. They are better.

Once Dipo joins Houston I assume they will improve to be better than us as well.

That should put us around the #6 spot with Chicago, Sacramento, Washington, Minny, Detroit ahead.

We could easly be the worst of them all. I told you all long time ago we will be awful without Fournier. Its not rocket science. If we trade Gordon or Fournier at the deadline season is over.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#186 » by basketballRob » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:16 pm

Likewise for Atlanta and Charlotte. With Fultz gone and injuries piling up, the debate is over here. They are better.

I could see Chicago and Washington passing us. Minnesota doesn't get to keep there pick, so no reason for them to tank.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#187 » by The Effect » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:55 pm

basketballRob wrote:

I could see Chicago and Washington passing us. Minnesota doesn't get to keep there pick, so no reason for them to tank.

I dont know whats wrong with chicago, theres definitely alot of talent on there, but just cant seem to win, and i dont expect that to change

Washington......i just have a hard time believing that a team with Russ and Beal will continue to be a top 5 team, just way to good for that

Minny is the team i expect to breakout most, KAT is too good of a player to continue to keep losing, and the fact that they dont have their first tells me that they are gonna go all out to win this year, see a trade or two coming

So that leaves us, the kings, chicago and detroit fighting for the top 4
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,292

Post#188 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:04 pm

The Effect wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

I dont know whats wrong with chicago, theres definitely alot of talent on there, but just cant seem to win, and i dont expect that to change

Washington......i just have a hard time believing that a team with Russ and Beal will continue to be a top 5 team, just way to good for that

Minny is the team i expect to breakout most, KAT is too good of a player to continue to keep losing, and the fact that they dont have their first tells me that they are gonna go all out to win this year, see a trade or two coming

So that leaves us, the kings, chicago and detroit fighting for the top 4

Bulls don't win games because their PG rotation is....Oh well, there is non.

Minessota is nba 2 K rebuild that is going nowhere and never will. Bunch of half baked offensive minded spoiled kids fihting who will take next shot. Zero leadership, zero accountability, terrible ownership,terrible coaching.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,828

Post#189 » by RookieStar » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:33 pm

The Effect wrote:

Agree.. Cade and Suggs look more of a mid-20s scoring type. Although that might be because they want to include their team more? Of the top-3 Green is the only one with the reputation to be a lights out scorer. So he is the only one I think that has a "reputation" to get 30 a night... then again that reputation was also given to Cole Anthony by college talking heads.lol
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#190 » by RookieStar » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:40 pm

Unless we get the number one losing record, I don't think it's going to mean much whether we are the 2nd or 5th worst right? I mean we do have these new lottery rules where 2-5 has an equal chance? I dunno the exact details but can someone provide more info?
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#191 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:44 pm

RookieStar wrote:

Unless we get the number one losing record, I don't think it's going to mean much whether we are the 2nd or 5th worst right? I mean we do have these new lottery rules where 2-5 has an equal on chance? I dunno the exact details but can someone provide more info?

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

The team order will change a lot before draft night but this shows you the breakdown of the odds for each spot based on where a team ends up.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#192 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:48 pm

People like to say that the team with the worst record is most likely to end up with the #5 pick.

This is false.

The team with the worst record is more likely to get the #5 pick than any other selection in pair-wise odds. However, the odds of getting a #1-4 pick is higher than getting the #5 pick.

Likewise for the second worst team. Their highest individual spot is also #5 but they are collectively more likely to land within the top 4.

... and on down it goes.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#193 » by basketballRob » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:52 pm

Delete
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#194 » by RookieStar » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:02 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Unless we get the number one losing record, I don't think it's going to mean much whether we are the 2nd or 5th worst right? I mean we do have these new lottery rules where 2-5 has an equal on chance? I dunno the exact details but can someone provide more info?

The team order will change a lot before draft night but this shows you the breakdown of the odds for each spot based on where a team ends up.

Ah yeah.. so again its all about the luck of the draw again?
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#195 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:09 pm

RookieStar wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Always has been. They extended the window and stretched the odds out but that didn’t change the fact that you still want to be as high up as possible. Don’t let anyone tell you different.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#196 » by RookieStar » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:19 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Always has been. They extended the window and stretched the odds out but that didn’t change the fact that you still want to be as high up as possible. Don’t let anyone tell you different.

Oh i agree.. its just that 2-4 or 5 worst record have the same chance of getting #2 pick right?
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#197 » by basketballRob » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:08 am

RookieStar wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Oh i agree.. its just that 2-4 or 5 worst record have the same chance of getting #2 pick right?
It looks like the bottom 3 all have the same odds of getting a top 4 pick.

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#198 » by RookieStar » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:15 am

basketballRob wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Man... that sucks. I mean sure the consolation for the 4th is mobley or.kuminga, which in any other draft would be like top 2 choice,.. but we need cade/suggs/green
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#199 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:46 am

basketballRob wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

The difference is your floor.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,037

Post#200 » by dsg2021 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:16 am

GSW has a very interesting MIN 1st this year, top 3 protected, unprotected next year.
HOU has a semi-intriguing WAS 1st later on, lotto protected until top 9 protection in 2026.
OKC has an intriguing PHX 1st later on, reducing some lotto protection until conveyed.
NYK has a semi-intriguing unprotected DAL 1st this year.
MEM has an intriguing GSW 1st later on, low lotto protections.

Did I miss any other good picks that are potential lottery balls in the machine?
Are there any teams that you can trade your great players for, for their own pick in return directly, and have a hope that they still end up in the lotto this year?

Return to Orlando Magic