ImageImageImageImage

Official 2021 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,612

Re: Official 2021 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#501 » by Skybox » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:33 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Skybox wrote:Utah and San Antonio have gotten REALLY lucky, I guess...like for decades

Yes. They utilized the draft and developed players appropriately. Pure luck.

Remember when Orlando selected Dwight #1?
Remember when Orlando selected Shaq #1?

Good times.

Penny too...you're right.

I guess I'm saying it can be done with a great steady FO...we probably agree on ours :nonono: but I'm trying to be more hopeful :cry:

I asked for the return on my ticket deposit yesterday...kind of sad but I'm sick of it too.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,920

Post#502 » by MagicMatic » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:14 pm

Skybox wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Skybox wrote:Utah and San Antonio have gotten REALLY lucky, I guess...like for decades

Yes. They utilized the draft and developed players appropriately. Pure luck.

Remember when Orlando selected Dwight #1?
Remember when Orlando selected Shaq #1?

Good times.

Penny too...you're right.

I guess I'm saying it can be done with a great steady FO...we probably agree on ours :nonono: but I'm trying to be more hopeful :cry:

I asked for the return on my ticket deposit yesterday...kind of sad but I'm sick of it too.

I get it.

It’s good that people can see the glass half full sometimes.

I don’t trust this FO’s ability to draft and develop players. Therefore, I would rather get the highest pick possible to idiot-proof it for them. We are probably past the point of getting amazing return for our best players.
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

Post#503 » by T-Cat » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:44 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
T-Cat wrote:He rising up NBA draft boards! :nod:

Sounds like he would get along with Jonathan Isaac and bring out the best in Mo Bamba!

Moar bigs.

I want to see an entire lineup of bigs, still have no true SF, and a bottom 5 back court please.

In all seriousness, we need to draft the best player available regardless of position.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,920

Post#504 » by MagicMatic » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:02 pm

T-Cat wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
T-Cat wrote:He rising up NBA draft boards! :nod:

Sounds like he would get along with Jonathan Isaac and bring out the best in Mo Bamba!

Moar bigs.

I want to see an entire lineup of bigs, still have no true SF, and a bottom 5 back court please.

In all seriousness, we need to draft the best player available regardless of position.

What constitutes “BPA” if the player in question is getting 0 minutes per games behind: Isaac, AG, Okeke, Aminu, Birch, Vucevic, and Bamba?

In no scenario does drafting that player make sense as BPA.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#505 » by drsd » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:14 pm

KillMonger wrote:still waiting for any viable solution from the non-tank posters.....how do we improve the team in our situation? How do we add top talent to this team?

Gordon will be traded and that will reset the team leading to contract decisions for Fournier and Ennis; together there could be well north of 30M in a SnT deal.

But as this is the draft thread, Greg Brown is an interesting player that has start-equality upside in the mid-teens. His game looks quite complimentary to the other forwards, and he has an interesting set of skills. Frankly is Brown really that differnt than Aaron Gordon when he was at Arizona, and Gordon went #4. Brown looks like very good value in the draft.

Positionally I love Taevion Kinsey. He has all the qualities Orlando needs in a SG that could develop to a dark-horse starter in the mid-teens. Kinsey is the one player I would want the Magic to draft if this team makes the playoffs.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#506 » by RookieStar » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:53 pm

drsd wrote:
KillMonger wrote:still waiting for any viable solution from the non-tank posters.....how do we improve the team in our situation? How do we add top talent to this team?

Gordon will be traded and that will reset the team leading to contract decisions for Fournier and Ennis; together there could be well north of 30M in a SnT deal.

But as this is the draft thread, Greg Brown is an interesting player that has start-equality upside in the mid-teens. His game looks quite complimentary to the other forwards, and he has an interesting set of skills. Frankly is Brown really that differnt than Aaron Gordon when he was at Arizona, and Gordon went #4. Brown looks like very good value in the draft.

Positionally I love Taevion Kinsey. He has all the qualities Orlando needs in a SG that could develop to a dark-horse starter in the mid-teens. Kinsey is the one player I would want the Magic to draft if this team makes the playoffs.

Greg Brown? From the Texas LongHorns Brown? Ummm well you must have seen something I don't because so far its been underwhelming for me and I see hs future as a PF.. the one where we have JI and somewhat Chuma to play in.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#507 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:17 am

Is there some what to form an official fan petition to the team that they follow the path the Pistons, Thunder and others are on? That is, investing in their youth ... basically tanking but not calling it tanking.

We need to trade Evan and AG as soon as possible before we win more games than we can overcome.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#508 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:18 pm

And with the 16th pick in the 2021 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#509 » by Skin » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:And with the 16th pick in the 2021 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....

And with the 16th pick in the 2022 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2023 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2024 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2025 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2026 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2027 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2028 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2029 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#510 » by Skin » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:30 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:Is there some what to form an official fan petition to the team that they follow the path the Pistons, Thunder and others are on? That is, investing in their youth ... basically tanking but not calling it tanking.

We need to trade Evan and AG as soon as possible before we win more games than we can overcome.

And with the 5th pick in the 2021 NBA draft the Houston Rockets select Jalen Green.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#511 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:53 pm

Skin wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:Is there some what to form an official fan petition to the team that they follow the path the Pistons, Thunder and others are on? That is, investing in their youth ... basically tanking but not calling it tanking.

And with the 5th pick in the 2021 NBA draft the Houston Rockets select Jalen Green.

It is very possible that OKC ends up with Houston’s pick.

I ran the Tankathon simulator a few times and quickly ended up with OKC getting the #3 and #7 picks (own + Houston).

I could see them taking Jalen Suggs + Scottie Barnes to pair with SGA.

They are only committed to $60M next year and can fill their PF/C spots in free agency or wait for one of their many many many upcoming first rounders.

Wow ... how do they go from Durant-Westbrook-Harden to Westbrook-PG13 to possibly that trio (+ cap space & picks) so quickly and we can’t do ****??
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#512 » by SD2042 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:50 pm

Good luck with the petition. It would take more losses for this organization to realize that they need to hit the reset button. The reality is that unless this team realize the roster hit its ceiling, the mediocrity train will continue to ride down the rails until the team derails on itself.
Skin
RealGM

Post#513 » by Skin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:16 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Skin wrote:

It is very possible that OKC ends up with Houston’s pick.

I ran the Tankathon simulator a few times and quickly ended up with OKC getting the #3 and #7 picks (own + Houston).

I could see them taking Jalen Suggs + Scottie Barnes to pair with SGA.

They are only committed to $60M next year and can fill their PF/C spots in free agency or wait for one of their many many many upcoming first rounders.

Wow ... how do they go from Durant-Westbrook-Harden to Westbrook-PG13 to possibly that trio (+ cap space & picks) so quickly and we can’t do ****??

Henny is an assistant GM for OKC and we have WeHam making their living on Henny's guys. Something ironic there.
drsd
RealGM

Post#514 » by drsd » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:02 am

RookieStar wrote:Greg Brown? From the Texas LongHorns Brown? Ummm well you must have seen something I don't because so far its been underwhelming for me and I see hs future as a PF.. the one where we have JI and somewhat Chuma to play in.

I do think he is a value pick, but as I stated, I am super-high on Taevion Kinsey. He is a mature SG that displays a lot of abilities typical of a modern guard in today's NBA.

drsd
RealGM

Post#515 » by drsd » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:08 am

Skin wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:And with the 16th pick in the 2021 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....

And with the 16th pick in the 2022 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2023 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2024 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2025 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2026 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2027 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2028 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....
And with the 16th pick in the 2029 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select ....

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#516 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:39 pm

Skin wrote:

And? Between 2000 and 2019 one top 5 pick was a franchise changing talent. Wade. If you count Love and Cousins as franchise changing talent that’s 3. Too early to tell for Fox and Young but an argument could be made i guess.

People are talking about fan petitions.....Really? :lol: please let that happen.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#517 » by zaymon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:21 pm

Dear mister Devos, could you fire Jeff Weltman becouse he cant even construct a losing roster. When you are at it also consider firing yourself.
With best regards MagicFan101 and council of knowledge.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,316

Post#518 » by Knightro » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:42 pm

zaymon wrote:Dear mister Devos, could you fire Jeff Weltman becouse he cant even construct a losing roster. When you are at it also consider firing yourself.

I get that this is your attempt at snark, but it's actually for real and you don't realize it :nonono:

Factoring in everything - contract status, cap flexibility, incoming draft assets, building blocks - the Magic have the lowest ceiling of any organization in the NBA by a country mile. It's not even close.

There isn't even one team in the NBA I wouldn't trade rosters with right now.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#519 » by zaymon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:55 pm

Knightro wrote:
zaymon wrote:Dear mister Devos, could you fire Jeff Weltman becouse he cant even construct a losing roster. When you are at it also consider firing yourself.

I get that this is your attempt at snark, but it's actually for real and you don't realize it :nonono:

Factoring in everything - contract status, cap flexibility, incoming draft assets, building blocks - the Magic have the lowest ceiling of organization in the NBA by a country mile. It's not even close.

There isn't even one team in the NBA I wouldn't trade rosters with right now.

Hahahaha you clearly underestimate me Knightro. I was just kind enough to do the dirty work for my fellow fan.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,316

Post#520 » by Knightro » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:18 pm

zaymon wrote:Hahahaha you clearly underestimate me Knightro. I was just kind enough to do the dirty work for my fellow fan.

My apologies!

Unfortunately you're correct. We can't fire the owners.

Return to Orlando Magic