ImageImageImageImage

Hennigan got 5 years, Weltman is on year 4

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Re: Hennigan got 5 years, Weltman is on year 4 

Post#41 » by Furinkazan » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:39 pm

Fultz injury will be an excuse they needed.
So they will be ok.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#42 » by thelead » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:01 pm

If they f up this lotto pick that's coming to them...

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#43 » by KillMonger » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:27 pm

Seat should definitely be warm....they've hit a couple singles but no home runs
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#44 » by Max Power » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:03 am

Their seats should be in ashes by now. Hennigans teams made much more sense in spite of the lack of wins. That Skiles lead team would be a higher end playoff team had they stayed together and maybe had Clifford as their coach. It went off the rails with the Bizmack overpay and the Harris and Dipo trades. At least we had a ton of assets.

I think the Magic need to reboot the entire franchise again. New team president and GM, clear the roster. I’m happy with Clifford. I don’t blame him for the problems this franchise has. He’s been one of the bright spots. I’d keep Vuc and trade the rest of our assets at the deadline and start scouting for the draft. Obviously Fultz and Issac are not really tradable, I’d just assume they recover and bounce back since they’ll be here anyway. We need to rid this squad of Fournier. Gordon’s maxed out his effectiveness here. I’m ready to see a new era like the rest of you folks. We need an aggressive GM who will get bold.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,030

Post#45 » by dsg2021 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:55 am

Do you want to be a perpetually tortured team like PHO, SAC, and MIN, even though they finally found their young All Stars?

Do you want to be a mixed blend actually finding draft and team building success with both vets and young players like UTA, DEN and TOR?

Do you want to be a “big move” team like DAL, LAL, MIA, and despite some limitations from not being a big market/championship model?

Imho, our past two FO’s were hired on 7-10+ year plans, and something like a UTA, DEN and TOR model.

It’s all such a balancing game that simply can’t be painted in broad strokes. And when you can get a 6thMOY for 12 mil, an All Star spacing big at 22 mil, and a just entering prime super 3&D in AG at 16 mil, what can you do but keep the same team as always? But guess what.. this summer’s FA class may be the worst of the last few years. So how are teams going to improve against an aging LeBron, and an up and down BRK? Trades. This might be a really big trade deadline and summer.. But teams need to pony up, because WeHam have already proven to hold their hands 3 seasons in a row. (All my humble, outside opinion with limited education.)
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,179

Post#46 » by cedric76 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:35 am

They are doing a great job, unfortunately we got very very unlucky with injuries

It s tough
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#47 » by Skybox » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:22 pm

It's amazing how few GM's truly feel free to make bold moves. Daryl Morey is like having a new star player in the FO...it engages fans and players because you KNOW he will make moves. It's like a crooked Financial Planner - he's got to show that he's working or he doesn't get paid, so deals happen. Riley shares his boldness but I think Morey is the only one who, year in and year out, he makes it fun and exciting. He's not afraid to make a bad move, he knows he can fix or at least minimize the damage with a pick (worst scenario). If a team ever had a scenario ripe for that - it's us/now, IMO...why not?

Missing Fultz (and Evan) is particularly terrible for AG trade value because he may drop back into "creator" mode, where he looks awful...Evan, on the other hand, can pump up his scoring stats (even though the team suffers) while we're raggedy. I'd move them both sooner rather than later, unless there is just no market. This is approaching the time where teams are able to take some stock of where they're at and plot their trajectory for the rest of the season. Teams with hope will buy veterans to fill holes in their roster at the expense of the future, that's our market, IMO. This is not a true rebuild, this is a year of re-shuffling. What can we add to Vuc, Fultz, Isaac, Cole, Ross to build on? NOBODY on the roster is untouchable, but those guys are a nice base.
thelead
RealGM

Post#48 » by thelead » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:46 pm

And we’re still most dependent on Hennigan players: Vuc, AG, Evan, and Ross. This is getting comical.
thelead
RealGM

Post#49 » by thelead » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:05 am

cedric76 wrote:Weham r great

u sure?
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#50 » by Ducklett » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:40 am

thelead wrote:

u sure?

I think he meant Western European Ham is great, or WEHam.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,528

Post#51 » by Rainwater » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:52 am

cedric76 wrote:They are doing a great job, unfortunately we got very very unlucky with injuries

It s tough

Please stop with the injury excuse. This magic team has been bad for years and all the magic have done is run it back. Even if healthy this team would still be terrible. People make it seem as if without the injuries the magic would be contenders or something. No, this team is still hot garage due to complete mismanagement.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,179

Post#52 » by cedric76 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:19 am

Rainwater wrote:
cedric76 wrote:They are doing a great job, unfortunately we got very very unlucky with injuries

It s tough

Please stop with the injury excuse. This magic team has been bad for years and all the magic have done is run it back. Even if healthy this team would still be terrible. People make it seem as if without the injuries the magic would be contenders or something. No, this team is still hot garage due to complete mismanagement.

Nonsense, we r good when healthy
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#53 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:41 am

cedric76 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

It s tough

We never won more than 42 games . How is that "good"?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Flannerz
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#54 » by Flannerz » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:15 pm

We've made the playoffs a few times and as the team have already cut costs due to the pandemic I doubt they'll want to pay WeHam off. I can see them being here this season and next at least.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#55 » by MagicMatic » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:15 pm

magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#56 » by magicman112 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:25 pm

They have done the bare minimum. What is the future of the team? We've made the playoffs due to the weakness of the conference more than the team itself.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#57 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:28 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

This.

Also to add, winning those 42 games required the Magic to have insane roster consistency as we led the league in fewest games missed due to injury that season. It is reckless to believe that we would ever have that type of luck again. The injuries have shown just how inept this roster is.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#58 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:35 pm

Where is the Dark Lord when you need him?

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#59 » by zaymon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:13 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

This.

Also to add, winning those 42 games required the Magic to have insane roster consistency as we led the league in fewest games missed due to injury that season. It is reckless to believe that we would ever have that type of luck again. The injuries have shown just how inept this roster is.

We also won that 42 with Vucevic without efficient 3 point shot, worst year of Fournier, sophomore Isaac, Dj as starter with no backup pg, forcing rookie Bamba into rotation and Cliff first year.
You could argue we would be at least 50+ right now if healthy.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,528

Post#60 » by Rainwater » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:45 pm

cedric76 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

It s tough

Not trying to be mean but this made me laugh so hard when I read it, lol. But chosensavior and pepe have shown how bad we have been.

Return to Orlando Magic