ImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4)

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

3ddman23
Analyst
Posts: 3,748
And1: 1,153
Joined: Jul 02, 2013
Location: orlando
   

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#61 » by 3ddman23 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:16 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Ross is great 1 out of every 5 games. Tonight must not be that one game.


Come on, He is definitely better then "1 out of every 5 games" but yes today he has been horrible
GO MAGIC
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 8,590
And1: 11,246
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#62 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:21 am

I would love to hear an argument for why I should be excited about Cole Anthony. Seems like a nice kid who plays hard, but he is exactly what I feared he was coming out of college.

Him still being young and having time to develop doesn’t get me excited. Not when I struggle to see a ceiling higher than possible microwave scorer off the bench for him.
Image
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 11,344
And1: 5,181
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#63 » by KillMonger » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:28 am

PrimeThyme wrote:I would love to hear an argument for why I should be excited about Cole Anthony. Seems like a nice kid who plays hard, but he is exactly what I feared he was coming out of college.

Him still being young and having time to develop doesn’t get me excited. Not when I struggle to see a ceiling higher than possible microwave scorer off the bench for him.

Then there shouldn't be a problem because if you did the research that's what his career outlook is probably going to end up being....a austin rivers type of player....people's expectations are too high for the kid....
Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA
User avatar
Ducklett
Analyst
Posts: 3,625
And1: 2,253
Joined: Jul 17, 2012
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#64 » by Ducklett » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:28 am

PrimeThyme wrote:I would love to hear an argument for why I should be excited about Cole Anthony. Seems like a nice kid who plays hard, but he is exactly what I feared he was coming out of college.

Him still being young and having time to develop doesn’t get me excited. Not when I struggle to see a ceiling higher than possible microwave scorer off the bench for him.


Would you say the same about Nesmith? I mean he is the guy we wanted to take that wasn't Cole. He looks worse on both sides of the ball thus far lol.
User avatar
RookieStar
General Manager
Posts: 9,404
And1: 1,804
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#65 » by RookieStar » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:29 am

MagicFan101 wrote:Time for Bama-OSU. I’m skipping the second half.

Watch Cole + Bamba combine for 60 points, 15 asts and 8 blocks.


Checking up future Magician Cade?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 8,916
And1: 9,979
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#66 » by Knightro » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:30 am

That’s the way to do it Cole. Explode to the rim. No more floaters!
3ddman23
Analyst
Posts: 3,748
And1: 1,153
Joined: Jul 02, 2013
Location: orlando
   

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#67 » by 3ddman23 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:30 am

PrimeThyme wrote:I would love to hear an argument for why I should be excited about Cole Anthony. Seems like a nice kid who plays hard, but he is exactly what I feared he was coming out of college.

Him still being young and having time to develop doesn’t get me excited. Not when I struggle to see a ceiling higher than possible microwave scorer off the bench for him.


I would say for the simple fact that he was only the 15 pick. He wasn't a lottery pick and to me he was the most boom or bust guy when it was out turn to draft.

To me the magic needed to take a risk on a former guy that was regarded as the top pg in the country at one point with the hopes he could revert back to that old form.

While he is struggling really bad like you said he is very young and has plenty of time to develop and potentially work out some kinks.

I myself am a bit shocked how much he is struggleing offensively because I thought his game would transition better to the nba.

I guess time will tell but a microwave scoring guard off the bench isn't quite bad for a 15 pick. Would you take Terrance ross at 15? I would in a heartbeat. Thats kind how I see it.
GO MAGIC
User avatar
MagicFan101
General Manager
Posts: 9,647
And1: 5,460
Joined: Jul 04, 2012
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#68 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:33 am

RookieStar wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:Time for Bama-OSU. I’m skipping the second half.

Watch Cole + Bamba combine for 60 points, 15 asts and 8 blocks.


Checking up future Magician Cade?


Football!

National Championship Game man!!

Also, OSU = Ohio State University in this case! :)
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 8,590
And1: 11,246
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#69 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:35 am

I think I actually kind of like the Uni's.
Image
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 11,344
And1: 5,181
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#70 » by KillMonger » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:39 am

i like bacon playing downhill much better than anything else.....much rather him do that then taking these weird azz 20 foot jumpers....3's and driving to the rim should be all bacon is doing from now on
Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 8,590
And1: 11,246
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#71 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:39 am

KillMonger wrote:Then there shouldn't be a problem because if you did the research that's what his career outlook is probably going to end up being....a austin rivers type of player....people's expectations are too high for the kid....

Yeah, I've never done any. Well, besides watching about 90% of his collegiate games && seeing firsthand why he plummeted down every draft board. I think WeHam drafted him hoping that his ceiling was higher than that. 95% of players don't hit their ceilings, so if his is only the 6th man of the year, where does that leave us?
Image
User avatar
RookieStar
General Manager
Posts: 9,404
And1: 1,804
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#72 » by RookieStar » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:40 am

KillMonger wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I would love to hear an argument for why I should be excited about Cole Anthony. Seems like a nice kid who plays hard, but he is exactly what I feared he was coming out of college.

Him still being young and having time to develop doesn’t get me excited. Not when I struggle to see a ceiling higher than possible microwave scorer off the bench for him.

Then there shouldn't be a problem because if you did the research that's what his career outlook is probably going to end up being....a austin rivers type of player....people's expectations are too high for the kid....


Yup... for the 15th pick a pure scorer either borderline starter or Ross-type of bench player is what we expect for the 15th pick.

If we really expect a superstar in the making or a bonafide starter on the 15th range then we couldve swung for RJ hampton
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 11,344
And1: 5,181
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#73 » by KillMonger » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:45 am

clark and not bamba....what is clark doing to be getting the minutes he's getting?
Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 22,903
And1: 8,605
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#74 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:47 am

Yeah I'm pretty heated to not see Bamba get awarded for the good 1st half he had.
Image

Props to BrunoSkull once again...
User avatar
thelead
RealGM
Posts: 25,906
And1: 13,665
Joined: Apr 08, 2008
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#75 » by thelead » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:50 am

Why does Clark get playing time?
Image
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 11,344
And1: 5,181
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#76 » by KillMonger » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:50 am

Gary Clark: 12 minutes 2 points 1 rebound 0 assists
Mo Bamba: 4 minutes 2 points 2 rebounds 1 assists

Am i missing something here?
Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 8,916
And1: 9,979
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#77 » by Knightro » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:50 am

I like Mo’s potential defensively, but he’s absolute BBQ chicken against Giannis.

Third time he’s been absolutely helpless against the Eurostep.
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 22,903
And1: 8,605
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#78 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:51 am

Nevermind, there he is.
Image

Props to BrunoSkull once again...
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 8,916
And1: 9,979
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#79 » by Knightro » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:52 am

Outside of the fouls on Giannis, this might be the most active I've ever seen Bamba. He's really hustling.
User avatar
Ducklett
Analyst
Posts: 3,625
And1: 2,253
Joined: Jul 17, 2012
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#80 » by Ducklett » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:52 am

Is Coach Cliff's plan to put Bamba on Giannis wtf is wrong with him...

Return to Orlando Magic