ImageImageImageImage

James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

MasterGMer
Rookie
Posts: 1,125
And1: 173
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
   

James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#1 » by MasterGMer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:54 pm

4 team mega deal per ESPN
MasterGMer
Rookie
Posts: 1,125
And1: 173
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
   

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#2 » by MasterGMer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:10 pm

Houston also receives Brooklyn's three unprotected first-round draft picks -- 2022, 2024 and 2026 -- in the deal, plus pick swaps in 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027, according to sources. The Rockets also get Cleveland's 2022 first-round pick, via the Milwaukee Bucks.
User avatar
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
Posts: 46,313
And1: 10,934
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#3 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:40 pm

Damn, if Magic got in on that, would any of you consider a 1st rounder for Allen and Prince. They are both solid role players. Maybe, instead of a 1st, I would do Bamba for those 2.
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Skin
RealGM
Posts: 15,774
And1: 7,392
Joined: Jul 03, 2009
   

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#4 » by Skin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:43 pm

It feels so unnatural but so necessary...

Is there a guidebook on how to follow a new NBA team?
Fultz, _____, Okeke, Isaac, Bamba. LET'S GO!
User avatar
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 22,897
And1: 8,176
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
     

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#5 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:00 pm

This kind of stuff doesn't even faze me anymore.
User avatar
fendilim
RealGM
Posts: 27,658
And1: 3,658
Joined: Jun 11, 2002
Location: 孫悟空, 时间太?!

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#6 » by fendilim » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:01 pm

Exactly why we should be re-building. No chance.
Image
User avatar
Ducklett
Analyst
Posts: 3,648
And1: 2,277
Joined: Jul 17, 2012
 

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#7 » by Ducklett » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:03 pm

Our "front office" should be seeing this and realizing that there is 0 chance this injury riddled squad has any chance beating the new big 3 and should tank, tank, tank. There is going to be dumb teams out there that think they are one Evan/Vuc/AG/Ross away from keeping up with the Nets and we should be chatting stories to those teams immediately.
User avatar
RookieStar
General Manager
Posts: 9,415
And1: 1,810
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#8 » by RookieStar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:16 pm

Hohum... as expected.

If this was 10yrs ago there would ve a 100pagr thread on GB and every teams voard would at least have a 20page thread discussing this.

Right now.. everyone knew mega trades for franchise players are gonna be happening.

Still.. would have been nice if we couldve joined the trade movement.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,689
And1: 9,288
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#9 » by Bensational » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:21 pm

Oladipo + Kurucs + Exum + a bunch of late 1sts is such low value compared to what NOP got for AD.
nymets1
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,677
And1: 1,015
Joined: Apr 18, 2004
Location: Florida
     

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#10 » by nymets1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:27 pm

I can't believe Nets did the trade, I thought they had a deep team and should keep it together. Now they trade good parts from their team and draft picks for a guy that don't play much defense.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
MasterGMer
Rookie
Posts: 1,125
And1: 173
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
   

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#11 » by MasterGMer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:52 pm

There is no way I would trade AG for Harden, or Isaac. AG is a star for us and he has impressed me by guarding Doncic and Giannis, while dishing assists. I just hope he can have some consistency. btw this has nothing to do with Harden trade, but I am just saying the hypothetical scenario.
User avatar
Xatticus
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,509
And1: 4,831
Joined: Feb 18, 2016
Location: the land of the blind
         

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#12 » by Xatticus » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:53 pm

Bensational wrote:Oladipo + Kurucs + Exum + a bunch of late 1sts is such low value compared to what NOP got for AD.


They are at different points in their careers. I think it's a pretty good return for Houston. Brooklyn isn't going to be a juggernaut for long. They are going to be faced with a scenario in which they are no longer good enough to compete and have a collection of aging veterans. I think there is a good chance that some of those picks/swaps become valuable. Oladipo is a nice player if he is healthy. Can they work out an extension? I don't know. I'd rather take a flyer on him than on LeVert though. LeVert just shoots a lot. I think the risk for Houston is that there is no incentive for Brooklyn to ever tank, so they will try to compete one way or another until their picks are their own again. Houston can just go out and try to win as many games as they can and try to resurrect the value of their assets. I actually envy their position as a fan of the Magic.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
IllMagic04
Starter
Posts: 2,241
And1: 1,218
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
Location: Baltimore MD
     

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#13 » by IllMagic04 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:53 pm

Man all those picks though. Most of them wont haunt them but the 2026 first rounder and that 2027 pick swap could be interesting. Its worth it if they get chip out of it though

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Skybox
Analyst
Posts: 3,116
And1: 1,704
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#14 » by Skybox » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:11 am

Yep...all you need is one ring to call it a win. If not, see Brooklyn's last all-in.
3ddman23
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,765
And1: 1,166
Joined: Jul 02, 2013
Location: orlando
   

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#15 » by 3ddman23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:46 am

Another reason to go all in on a tank job. No reason not too
GO MAGIC
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,689
And1: 9,288
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#16 » by Bensational » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:43 am

I have no idea how Cleveland managed to get two good players for nothing or than an injured Exum and a 1st?

Cavs just pushed themselves into our tier of competition now, adding a quality 3&D 3 in Prince and a backup C who probably now makes Drummond expendable in the offseason if they can't agree on contract terms.

Drummond/Allen
Love/Nance
Prince/Osman/KPJ
Sexton/Okoro
Garland/Ferrel/Delly

That's a team that could be fighting for a play-in spot if they stay healthy.

And they gave up the equivalent of Aminu and a late 1st in 2022.

That's some shrewd work from that GM.
cedric76
RealGM
Posts: 13,068
And1: 2,467
Joined: May 28, 2005

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#17 » by cedric76 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:12 am

Bensational wrote:I have no idea how Cleveland managed to get two good players for nothing or than an injured Exum and a 1st?

Cavs just pushed themselves into our tier of competition now, adding a quality 3&D 3 in Prince and a backup C who probably now makes Drummond expendable in the offseason if they can't agree on contract terms.

Drummond/Allen
Love/Nance
Prince/Osman/KPJ
Sexton/Okoro
Garland/Ferrel/Delly

That's a team that could be fighting for a play-in spot if they stay healthy.

And they gave up the equivalent of Aminu and a late 1st in 2022.

That's some shrewd work from that GM.


nice trade for Cleveland and Indiana

KD + Harden + Irving , lol , 3 of of the 5 least lovable players in the NBA, yukkk

Sad to see what my favorite league became, in 20 yrs, it became as bad, if not worst than football

Sad Sad

No more Defense, no more pride, 3pt orgy, Dumb Divas, no respect for the fans and teams

YUKKKKK
Welcome to the Steal of the draft ==> Mr Cole


Core of the Future: Fultz, Cole, chuma, JI, Mo
Skybox
Analyst
Posts: 3,116
And1: 1,704
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#18 » by Skybox » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:07 pm

3ddman23 wrote:Another reason to go all in on a tank job. No reason not too


Why?...are we suddenly not contending now?

Good trade, IMO, for HOU and CLE. Not bad for IND, assuming Dipo wanted a max or just out...BRK paid a ton but one ring let’s you claim a win. BRK now immensely talented but ripe for soap opera...maybe Kyrie demands out within a year.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 13,054
And1: 10,565
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#19 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Skybox wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:Another reason to go all in on a tank job. No reason not too


Why?...are we suddenly not contending now?

Good trade, IMO, for HOU and CLE. Not bad for IND, assuming Dipo wanted a max or just out...BRK paid a ton but one ring let’s you claim a win. BRK now immensely talented but ripe for soap opera...maybe Kyrie demands out within a year.


Nets were solid defensive team before trade, no reason why they can't be after.
They traded 3 bench players and picks for Harden...

Good luck to any team trying to defend Harden and Irving and Durant 1 on 1. Most of the nights teams will just cry themselfs to bed after spenking. Harden, Durant pick&roll oh my god...
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
JBSouthpaw
Starter
Posts: 2,088
And1: 744
Joined: Mar 01, 2011

Re: James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets 

Post#20 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:11 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skybox wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:Another reason to go all in on a tank job. No reason not too


Why?...are we suddenly not contending now?

Good trade, IMO, for HOU and CLE. Not bad for IND, assuming Dipo wanted a max or just out...BRK paid a ton but one ring let’s you claim a win. BRK now immensely talented but ripe for soap opera...maybe Kyrie demands out within a year.


Nets were solid defensive team before trade, no reason why they can't be after.
They traded 3 bench players and picks for Harden...

Good luck to any team trying to defend Harden and Irving and Durant 1 on 1. Most of the nights teams will just cry themselfs to bed after spenking. Harden, Durant pick&roll oh my god...


I agree, I don't know why so many talking heads are saying "find someone on the Nets who can defend"
They don't have to defend, they have to rebound. As long as they don't give up offensive rebounds, they are going to run teams out of the gym. They should play zone and have teams try and shoot over them.

Return to Orlando Magic