ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread '20-'21 VII: Magic Expected To Retain Core

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: Official Speculation Thread '20-'21 VII: Magic Expected To Retain Core 

Post#1921 » by MoMM » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:29 pm

Skin wrote:
MoMM wrote:So we got Jeff Teague from the Celtics too?

Magic told him not to fly over. They are waiving him.

Nice, at least he will save the flight tickets!
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#1922 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:29 pm

Skin wrote:I have Okeke, Hampton, Harris available in my fantasy league. If I can only add one, who should I pick up?

Hampton IMO. Harris isn’t healthy yet and I could see Hampton getting 20+ minutes easily.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,774

Post#1923 » by Audi » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:33 pm

It’s going to be wild adjusting to not having a C be a major focal point our offense.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,270

Post#1924 » by pepe1991 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:35 pm

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Don't pretend that we are now locked to draft Cade or Suggs.

Sitting at 4th worst record gives us 42% chance to end up with 5th or 6th pick.

And there is only 28-30 games to play, T wolves and Detroit is lock for 2 worst records.

Trade grades are wild .From people crying in joy to people crying in anger. Truth is in between.

Magic didn't really get anything major, picks are huge unknown,but odds are, non of them will end up in lottery regardless.

It's a rebuild. Most of the time it's nothing but live- casting for some imaginary future " good roster" . ( not really, almost always once you get star, almost all "assets" are traded ,but it's easier to sell it to fans notion of casting ).

Are you a Magic fan or are you going to transition to the Bulls forum?

We are sitting at 4th worse NOW, but I doubt we win another game the rest of the year. As long as we are just ONE of the bottom 3 teams then we will have an EQUAL CHANCE as any of the other 2 to get the top pick.

Lastly, I'd take Green ahead of Cade and Suggs, but that's my personal preference.

Your question is moronic, as usual. You didn't know basic fact that FG missed under a foul doesn't count in stat sheet, so i can't expect much i guess...

We are sitting at 4th worst, yes. Right now, yes. T wolves lost 34 of 44 games they payed. IT's not like they are now going to win 15 games .

There are only 28 games to play.

As long as we are just ONE of the bottom 3 teams then we will have an EQUAL CHANCE as any of the other 2 to get the top pick.

This is why i never take any of your comment serious, and this is execlly why i said almost all your posts are mix of : lies, false informations and simply low quality reads , other than rare, and fare between draft posts ,where you right once every 5 years, but keep remind people about that one time.

Anyway, back to orginal missinformation.
No, top 3 worst records don't have same odds for top pick. Worst record can't fall outside top 5, second worst can't fall outside top 6 ,and 3rd can't fall pass 7. But it's very clear that drafting seventh isn't really rewarding. Issue with 3rd worst record is rather simple one, team that draft with 3rd worst record ( Magic expectet landing spot ) has 47,8% chance to NOT draft in top 4 and 60% to no not draft in top 3.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#1925 » by Bensational » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:38 pm

Wow. I go to bed, wake up expecting to see a simple Gordon trade and there is a Vuc appreciation thread at the top of the board and RGM headlines not mentioning any Magic trades.

I can’t believe they blew it all up completely.

WCJ/Bamba/Birch
Okeke/Aminu/(Isaac)
OPJ/Ennis
Bacon/Ross/(Harris)
MCW/Hampton/(Cole)/(Fultz)

We’re on top position to add a Cade/Suggs/Green/Kuminga/Mobley to that team. A mid-late 1st from the Bulls and one from the C’s.

Really gotta get some new looks out of the 2/3 spot, and hopefully lead playmakers.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 894

Post#1926 » by mattyBoi » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:40 pm

If I'm being honest I think this was an awful outcome. We traded 3 starters, one a current all-star, and the 3 best players in the trades and came away with bench guys and protected picks. We absolutely didn't get fair value or come ahead in any trade. I get that it is a reset but damn.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#1927 » by Skin » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:44 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Don't pretend that we are now locked to draft Cade or Suggs.

Sitting at 4th worst record gives us 42% chance to end up with 5th or 6th pick.

And there is only 28-30 games to play, T wolves and Detroit is lock for 2 worst records.

Trade grades are wild .From people crying in joy to people crying in anger. Truth is in between.

Magic didn't really get anything major, picks are huge unknown,but odds are, non of them will end up in lottery regardless.

It's a rebuild. Most of the time it's nothing but live- casting for some imaginary future " good roster" . ( not really, almost always once you get star, almost all "assets" are traded ,but it's easier to sell it to fans notion of casting ).

Are you a Magic fan or are you going to transition to the Bulls forum?

We are sitting at 4th worse NOW, but I doubt we win another game the rest of the year. As long as we are just ONE of the bottom 3 teams then we will have an EQUAL CHANCE as any of the other 2 to get the top pick.

Lastly, I'd take Green ahead of Cade and Suggs, but that's my personal preference.

Your question is moronic, as usual. You didn't know basic fact that FG missed under a foul doesn't count in stat sheet, so i can't expect much i guess...

We are sitting at 4th worst, yes. Right now, yes. T wolves lost 34 of 44 games they payed. IT's not like they are now going to win 15 games .

As long as we are just ONE of the bottom 3 teams then we will have an EQUAL CHANCE as any of the other 2 to get the top pick.

This is why i never take any of your comment serious, and this is execlly why i said almost all your posts are mix of : lies, false informations and simply low quality reads , other than rare, and fare between draft posts ,where you right once every 5 years, but keep remind people about that one time.

No, top 3 worst records don't have same odds for top pick. Worst record can't fall outside top 5, second worst can't fall outside top 6 ,and 3rd can't fall pass 7. But it's very clear that drafting seventh isn't really rewarding. Issue with 3rd worst record is rather simple one, team that draft with 3rd worst record ( Magic expectet landing spot ) has 47,8% chance to NOT draft in top 4 and 60% to no not draft in top 3.

Reading comprehension continues to be your struggle. Not sure if I should continue to respond. You won't get it anyways.

I didn't say anything against the fact that we could still pick outside of the top 3 if we have one of the 3 worst records. I said we would have an equal chance to win the lottery as those other 2 teams in the bottom 3.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#1928 » by Bensational » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:47 pm

mattyBoi wrote:If I'm being honest I think this was an awful outcome. We traded 3 starters, one a current all-star, and the 3 best players in the trades and came away with bench guys and protected picks. We absolutely didn't get fair value or come ahead in any trade. I get that it is a reset but damn.

Sadly, I think this is the kinda of value on offer for our guys, and obviously what WeHam decided to take.

A LOT of other players moving around today, all of which I’m sure would have been options. Several better than any of our current returns, but also expiring contracts.

I think this is the reason there’s been a delay on moves - other teams just didn’t want to give up great future capital for our guys, which is what we wanted.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#1929 » by Skin » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:49 pm

mattyBoi wrote:If I'm being honest I think this was an awful outcome. We traded 3 starters, one a current all-star, and the 3 best players in the trades and came away with bench guys and protected picks. We absolutely didn't get fair value or come ahead in any trade. I get that it is a reset but damn.

The protection means nothing. Bulls were never picking in the Top 4. We got young guys with upside and the chance for a star in the draft... added a whole lot to our future incoming draft picks... and cleared a lot of cap space. That's NOT a loss.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#1930 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:50 pm

AG is going to be SO good with all that spacing in Denver.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#1931 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:54 pm

Bensational wrote:Wow. I go to bed, wake up expecting to see a simple Gordon trade and there is a Vuc appreciation thread at the top of the board and RGM headlines not mentioning any Magic trades.

I can’t believe they blew it all up completely.

WCJ/Bamba/Birch
Okeke/Aminu/(Isaac)
OPJ/Ennis
Bacon/Ross/(Harris)
MCW/Hampton/(Cole)/(Fultz)

We’re on top position to add a Cade/Suggs/Green/Kuminga/Mobley to that team. A mid-late 1st from the Bulls and one from the C’s.

Really gotta get some new looks out of the 2/3 spot, and hopefully lead playmakers.

no Aminu. He was also shipped out with Vuc.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#1932 » by thelead » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:55 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:AG is going to be SO good with all that spacing in Denver.

As boring and terrible as we're going to be, I'm going to love following AG, Vuc, and even Evan in the playoffs.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,604

Post#1933 » by Skybox » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:55 pm

I try to be optimistic but, of the guys we picked up, only Hampton is remotely interesting and he’s a long shot. I was hoping to come away with 3 guys like him, in hopes that one or even two might pan out. Hampton might come through but he’s real close to being Dante Exum. I think the CHI picks could be huge as, IMO, their recent success and optimism is a house of cards. Fournier should have gotten us a prospect, not two picks in the 50’s. Carter and Harris have been awful and OPJ probably won’t get any more PT than waived Teague.

Maybe Bamba is a hidden treasure, maybe WCJ needs a new setting, maybe Harris reclaims his past 40% stroke, maybe OPJ likes the weather & taxes and reclaims his health and 3&D, maybe Hampton (like Harden and Lavine) goes from “scorer not a shooter” draft profile to All-Star....those picks are the key to this not being a day of infamy. I never root for twisted ankles but...
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1934 » by pepe1991 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:57 pm

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:Are you a Magic fan or are you going to transition to the Bulls forum?

Reading comprehension continues to be your struggle. Not sure if I should continue to respond. You won't get it anyways.

I didn't say anything against the fact that we could still pick outside of the top 3 if we have one of the 3 worst records. I said we would have an equal chance to win the lottery as those other 2 teams in the bottom 3.

Almost all 5 top worst records have equal chance at drafting 1st.
And that's why being rock bottom isn't esencial any more.

Hence, that's why Pelicans won Zion despite not being anywhere near bottom.
Most people here who cry for tanking and point out 2018 draft, also won't tell you that Sacramento Kings had more wins than us, but it's them who jumped to 2# pick. But everybody has his own agenda to defend i guess.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1935 » by pepe1991 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:58 pm

Ah this night has one of those " Maybe Harkles can develop into star player " vibes
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,310

Post#1936 » by Knightro » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:02 pm

The amount of vitriol over the trades is perplexing to me.

If it’s residual sourness over the fact they didn’t do this sooner, then so be it. I can accept that.

But if that isn’t what people are feeling and they’re just mad that they didn’t get perceived fair value... like... this team was absolutely terrible WITH all these guys and now people are upset that the last place team didn’t get enough value back for their last place players?

I don’t get it.

Simply unloading these guys period was the big victory in and of itself.

They unquestionably picked a lane. That’s all I really could have asked for.
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#1937 » by Anti Chalmers » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:05 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:AG is going to be SO good with all that spacing in Denver.

I think so too. And he’ll have Jokic and Murray playmaking for him.
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#1938 » by jonbob17 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:05 pm

Do you think Bamba gets the next start? Birch? WCJ?
billy5783
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#1939 » by billy5783 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 pm

Knightro wrote:The amount of vitriol over the trades is perplexing to me.

If it’s residual sourness over the fact they didn’t do this sooner, then so be it. I can accept that.

But if that isn’t what people are feeling and they’re just mad that they didn’t get perceived fair value... like... this team was absolutely terrible WITH all these guys and now people are upset that the last place team didn’t get enough value back for their last place players?

I don’t get it.

Simply unloading these guys period was the big victory in and of itself.

They unquestionably picked a lane. That’s all I really could have asked for.

Totally with you. Biggest thing for me was picking a lane. The worst we could have done was be somewhere in the middle. Gonna be some lean years ahead, but lets see what we can build.
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#1940 » by GelbeWand09 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 pm

jonbob17 wrote:Do you think Bamba gets the next start? Birch? WCJ?

Even if you ignore the Cliff factor, i highly doubt Bamba is able to play more than 20-25 mpg condition wise.

Return to Orlando Magic