ImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 Regular Season Game 28: Orlando Magic (10-17) at Phoenix Suns (16-9)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 28: Orlando Magic (10-17) at Phoenix Suns (16-9) 

Post#61 » by Last Guardian » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:01 am

Ehhhh looks like a clean block for Mo but he didn't complain so I guess he did
penny_nz
Analyst
And1: 1,546

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 28: Orlando Magic (10-17) at Phoenix Suns (16-9) 

Post#62 » by penny_nz » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:03 am

Honestly Chuma's handle and shooting off the bounce is REALLY surprising me
I still believe in Magic! Welcome to the Franz & Paolo era
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,740

Post#63 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:04 am

That was nice shot creation shown by Okeke.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#64 » by Last Guardian » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:04 am

The eye test is telling me Okeke is simply a better basketball player than AG
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,603

Post#65 » by 3ddman23 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:04 am

thelead wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:How can anyone not see the garbageness of bamba. He just got owned by saric on that play. Dario freaking saric.

You fixate on the extreme negatives and block out the raw positives

But my question is what raw positives??? Truthful what? His occasional open 3 pointer? The occasional weak side block? Cause you can't sit there and tell me his defense? Because he is horrific defensively. I understand his measurable are out of this world but does he really use them to his advantage much? Guards are constantly shooting right over his out stretched arms.

Just look at some one like chuma. You watch him play and just see how much basketball iq and feel for the game he has. You can just watch him play and say I can see something in him. I can't do that in bamba. There is nothing there that does that for me. Ebwrytime I see him play there is always some mental lapse that just has me shaking my head. Like really you couldn't see that coming.

Part of it is the magic being a bone head organization and drafting him into a bad postion with already having vuc. But a lot of it is on bamba for many reason. Just watch him closely everytime he plays some true Minutes like tonight. Not the minutes when he is playing 3rd string/ d league players.
GO MAGIC
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#66 » by basketballRob » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:04 am

Love to see what Bamba could be after playing 20 mpg for 20 games or so.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,647

Post#67 » by Howard Mass » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:06 am

The Magic survived this game with no injuries and Mo Bamba got some extended minutes which was nice.

Hopefully, the two days off nets some healthy bodies.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#68 » by Bensational » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:07 am

What happened to Mo at the end there on the very last play? Did he stay in the backcourt to talk to the Phoenix bench or something? Cliff gonna destroy him for that I’d imagine.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#69 » by RookieStar » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:11 am

So we lost but our fellow tankers all won? This is a great night!
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#70 » by basketballRob » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:11 am

Bensational wrote:What happened to Mo at the end there on the very last play? Did he stay in the backcourt to talk to the Phoenix bench or something? Cliff gonna destroy him for that I’d imagine.
Yeah that wasn't a good look. He did look like he ran out of gas the last minute or so. Didn't he play like 15 consecutive minutes?

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#71 » by thelead » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:14 am

3ddman23 wrote:
thelead wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:How can anyone not see the garbageness of bamba. He just got owned by saric on that play. Dario freaking saric.

You fixate on the extreme negatives and block out the raw positives

But my question is what raw positives??? Truthful what? His occasional open 3 pointer? The occasional weak side block? Cause you can't sit there and tell me his defense? Because he is horrific defensively. I understand his measurable are out of this world but does he really use them to his advantage much? Guards are constantly shooting right over his out stretched arms.

Just look at some one like chuma. You watch him play and just see how much basketball iq and feel for the game he has. You can just watch him play and say I can see something in him. I can't do that in bamba. There is nothing there that does that for me. Ebwrytime I see him play there is always some mental lapse that just has me shaking my head. Like really you couldn't see that coming.

Part of it is the magic being a bone head organization and drafting him into a bad postion with already having vuc. But a lot of it is on bamba for many reason. Just watch him closely everytime he plays some true Minutes like tonight. Not the minutes when he is playing 3rd string/ d league players.

See, you have a bias that’s not letting you see him in the right light. That would be like me saying Vuc is absolutely trash because we’re always down when he plays (look at the +/- for Vuc vs Bamba lately) but I’m not claiming that Bamba is better than Vuc.

Bamba has a long way to go but his length bothers a ton of shots. He also rebounds well. If this team had some players that could throw a damn lob, he wouldn’t have jack up 3 after 3 and he would be very effective in the paint (minus the problems with catching passes in traffic). See, I know what his limitations are and don’t think it’s all rainbows and sunshine but you have to let him play through his mistakes.

And when you bring up Chuma, do you realize they’re the same age? Then you take into account that centers take longer to develop, sure it makes sense for a wing to fit in better in the modern nba... especially when you don’t have a pg to set you up as a big.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#72 » by basketballRob » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:16 am

thelead wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:
thelead wrote:You fixate on the extreme negatives and block out the raw positives

See, you have a bias that’s not letting you see him in the right light. That would be like me saying Vuc is absolutely trash because we’re always down when he plays (look at the +/- for Vuc vs Bamba lately) but I’m not claiming that Bamba is better than Vuc.

Bamba has a long way to go but his length bothers a ton of shots. He also rebounds well. If this team had some players that could throw a damn lob, he wouldn’t have jack up 3 after 3 and he would be very effective in the paint (minus the problems with catching passes in traffic). See, I know what his limitations are and don’t think it’s all rainbows and sunshine but you have to let him play through his mistakes.

And when you bring up Chuma, do you realize they’re the same age? Then you take into account that centers take longer to develop, sure it makes sense for a wing to fit in better in the modern nba... especially when you don’t have a pg to set you up as a big.
I think the only way Mo will get in great shape is keep playing a lot.

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,272

Post#73 » by pepe1991 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:39 am

Okeke will be fine bench role player for years.
Bamba is trash that gets benefits of a doubt because fans didn't see him sucking enough to get over it, just like it was case with Hezonja.

When you have guy who never plays vs starters and still his BBIQ ins't there, it's beyond hopless
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#74 » by pepe1991 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:41 am

basketballRob wrote:
thelead wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:

I think the only way Mo will get in great shape is keep playing a lot.

Every pro coach or even amateur athlete knows its other way around.
Getting in peak shape is done in gym and kitchen, not court.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#75 » by pepe1991 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:53 am

KillMonger wrote:chuma is a shooter but we don't treat him like one.....no pin downs....no flare screens....no pick and pops....all his shots are pretty much self created

He shoots 29% for 3, he is as much of a shooter as Clark so far. This brainless complains always irritate me. He was good shooter at college but in nba he is not even guarded like treat, yet he bricks most of the shots.
Until he is at least 35-40% thre point shooter nobody will draw plays for him.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#76 » by KillMonger » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:56 am

pepe1991 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:chuma is a shooter but we don't treat him like one.....no pin downs....no flare screens....no pick and pops....all his shots are pretty much self created

He shoots 29% for 3, he is as much of a shooter as Clark so far. This brainless complains always irritate me. He was good shooter at college but in nba he is not even guarded like treat, yet he bricks most of the shots.

brother, why dig this grave again....didn't you say something similar about cole? his shooting eventually came around didn't it? Chuma was a near knockdown shooter in college, he'll come around...that doesn't mean we should ignore him until that happens....this is my last response to you ever bro because it seems like you are contrarian just because.....i don't think there is any aspect about this team that you actually like and yet you're here just to be the opposite....because....who knows, either way my point is made and it's iron clad my mind isn't going to be changed so this back and forth ends here so there shouldn't be a need from you to respond to me...talk about irritating? it's irritating that no matter what the topic instead of letting it go they have to be the contrarian...at the sake of being labeled passive aggressive idc....pepe you win bro, i concede the point
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,185

Post#77 » by cedric76 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:02 am

I m not sure why people love the torch so much, he is just a chucker
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#78 » by pepe1991 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:06 am

KillMonger wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

brother, why dig this grave again....didn't you say something similar about cole? his shooting eventually came around didn't it? Chuma was a near knockdown shooter in college, he'll come around...that doesn't mean we should ignore him until that happens....this is my last response to you ever bro because it seems like you are contrarian just because.....i don't think there is any aspect about this team that you actually like and yet you're here just to be the opposite....because....who knows, either way my point is made and it's iron clad my mind isn't going to be changed so this back and forth ends here so there shouldn't be a need from you to respond to me...talk about irritating? it's irritating that no matter what the topic instead of letting it go they have to be the contrarian...at the sake of being labeled passive aggressive idk....pepe you win bro, i concede the point

Pss don't tell anybody but Cole for a season is below average shooter from virtually every range but FTs.

Chuma was college 38,9% three point shooter 229 attemps, that's not knockdown shooter by any streach or imagination,especially if you know he was 4-16 shooter from pullups and only shot 70% FTs.

Rest of the post is just blabbering about my "fandom" because i don't bust nuts on every mediocrity team drafts.

Around 21 of Chuma's 27 three point attemps were either open or wide open, he shoots 6/21 from them, 28,5%

Will he get better over time? No doubt, but right now there is no reason to make a plays for player that is very bad shooter ( in this moment!!! ).

Trying to paint me as somebody who "lost" Cole argument while we talk about 11 ppg /46% TS player is as laughable as it gets. "But he got better..:" yea..exited game with shoulder injury after shooting 7/23 in last 2 games.

I don't get why you get so worked out about "young " players, Okeke isn't even young, guy turns 23 this summer.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#79 » by drsd » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:33 am

Howard Mass wrote:The Magic survived this game with no injuries and Mo Bamba got some extended minutes which was nice.

Some rotations:
Bacon/Ross/Okeke/Birch/Vučević
Carter-Williams/Ross/Okeke/Birch/Bamba
Ross/Okeke/Clark/Birch/Vučević
Carter-Williams/Bacon/Okeke/Birch/Bamba

Just some odd examples.

One or more of Carter-Williams/Bacon/Ross was on the floor at all times.

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#80 » by drsd » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:37 am

RookieStar wrote:So we lost but our fellow tankers all won? This is a great night!

Wizards won
'Wolves won
Pistons won
Thunder won
Grizzlies won

The only "bad" pro-tanker result was the Lakers beating the Cavs.

Orlando is currently closer to being the team with the worst record than being the #8 seed. The Magic is currently the 5th worst team i the NBA.

For the anti-tankers, such as myself, Orlando is only 3 1/2 games back from being the 4-seed !

Return to Orlando Magic