ImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 Regular Season Game 29: New York Knicks (14-15) at Orlando Magic (10-18)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 29: New York Knicks (14-15) at Orlando Magic (10-18) 

Post#121 » by drsd » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:33 pm

zaymon wrote:Actually it was Bacon mistake who didnt tag the roller. Vucevic was in the right place at the right time, exactly why Clifford praises him. Thx thelead for good example, just not supporting your case.

It looked like Bacon, but I saw what looked like a 12.

Thanks.

drsd
RealGM

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 29: New York Knicks (14-15) at Orlando Magic (10-18) 

Post#122 » by drsd » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:38 pm

If the Magic makes the playoffs, then at around #16, a player like Taevion Kinsey might make sense. Good physicality and a nice jumper that projects to the NBA distance as a SG.

Greg Brown also looks like he will be a value pick just outside the lottery.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#123 » by zaymon » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:29 pm

drsd wrote:If the Magic makes the playoffs, then at around #16, a player like Taevion Kinsey might make sense. Good physicality and a nice jumper that projects to the NBA distance as a SG.

Greg Brown also looks like he will be a value pick just outside the lottery.

Two days ago i looked at Kinsley and he impressed me !!! Right now i would prefer to make playoffs and draft Kinsley than suck and draft Green or Kuminga
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#124 » by thelead » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:27 pm

zaymon wrote:
drsd wrote:
thelead wrote:It's pathetic

Vučević was guarding the ball on that play. How is he responsible for the alley-oop?

Gary Clark was behind Randle and failed to recover to defend Noel. That defensive failure of a play is 100% on Clark. Look were #12 is the whole defensive play. Clark is worse than a scrub and needs to be waived.

Actually it was Bacon mistake who didnt tag the roller. Vucevic was in the right place at the right time, exactly why Clifford praises him. Thx thelead for good example, just not supporting your case.

Who was Vuc guarding? He was backpedaling not guarding the ball nor Noel. He does this often.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#125 » by zaymon » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:35 pm

thelead wrote:
zaymon wrote:
drsd wrote:
Vučević was guarding the ball on that play. How is he responsible for the alley-oop?

Gary Clark was behind Randle and failed to recover to defend Noel. That defensive failure of a play is 100% on Clark. Look were #12 is the whole defensive play. Clark is worse than a scrub and needs to be waived.

Actually it was Bacon mistake who didnt tag the roller. Vucevic was in the right place at the right time, exactly why Clifford praises him. Thx thelead for good example, just not supporting your case.

Who was Vuc guarding? He was backpedaling not guarding the ball nor Noel. He does this often.

Its called drop coverage. You want to discuss with us not knowing the basic terminology ?
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
thelead
RealGM

Post#126 » by thelead » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:32 pm

zaymon wrote:
thelead wrote:
zaymon wrote:Actually it was Bacon mistake who didnt tag the roller. Vucevic was in the right place at the right time, exactly why Clifford praises him. Thx thelead for good example, just not supporting your case.

Its called drop coverage. You want to discuss with us not knowing the basic terminology ?

You know that I know it's drop coverage. At some point you need to decide to guard someone or else it's called 'le traffic cone'. He often just watches the opponent score on him. At least in this video he tried to put his hands up.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#127 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:23 pm

Vooch is fine there have loads of data posted proving that he’s not a liability on defense. He’s usually in the right place at the right time. People are just excited that Mo actually did something with his minutes and those same people are mostly vooch haters so they magnify every mistake.

I actually loved the way Mo played. He set a couple meaning full screens, played really active defense. At one Point Turner said “Mo with his hands up, he’s learning” which has been a huge knock on him coming from me. Again though he has a history of playing well against the team he probably dreams of playing for. We’ll see if this new found motor and desire extends beyond one game.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
thelead
RealGM

Post#128 » by thelead » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:42 pm

My problem with Vuc is that he has done the right things on defense before and it's so easy to correct. He could be EXTREMELY valuable if he could shore up the defensive mistakes. I don't post the +/- numbers to suggest that Vuc is worse than Bamba. Clearly he is not but we can't just ignore Vuc's defense because he does a lot well. Bamba does plenty of things that still piss me off (setting proper screens is #1 right now) but we need to see if he can work through it. Anyway, we need to trade Evan as the #1 priority to ensure the tank goes the way it needs to go and to get some value out of him if we're not going to resign him. Trading AG has to be #2 on the trade priority list because I can't see him sticking around after next season.
drsd
RealGM

Post#129 » by drsd » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:00 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:Vooch is fine there have loads of data posted proving that he’s not a liability on defense. He’s usually in the right place at the right time. People are just excited that Mo actually did something with his minutes and those same people are mostly vooch haters so they magnify every mistake.

I actually loved the way Mo played. He set a couple meaning full screens, played really active defense. At one Point Turner said “Mo with his hands up, he’s learning” which has been a huge knock on him coming from me. Again though he has a history of playing well against the team he probably dreams of playing for. We’ll see if this new found motor and desire extends beyond one game.

For me this is the central argument we all need to get behind.

We all want Vučević AND Bamba to excel at defense. We must accept that visually that will look very different for the two players with differing skill sets and approaches to defense. But in the end, we all want greatness from both.

drsd
RealGM

Post#130 » by drsd » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:02 am

thelead wrote:He (Vučević) could be EXTREMELY valuable if he could shore up the defensive mistakes.

If Bamba could correct his most glaring weakness, failure to properly box out for defensive rebounds, he could be an all time great rebounder. His physical capacity to be breathtakingly dominant on the defensive glass is there. He needs to stop using his talents as his focus and commit to fundamentals. These are all teachable moments for Bamba.
thelead
RealGM

Post#131 » by thelead » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:23 am

drsd wrote:
thelead wrote:He (Vučević) could be EXTREMELY valuable if he could shore up the defensive mistakes.

If Bamba could correct his most glaring weakness, failure to properly box out for defensive rebounds, he could be an all time great rebounder. His physical capacity to be breathtakingly dominant on the defensive glass is there. He needs to stop using his talents as his focus and commit to fundamentals. These are all teachable moments for Bamba.

Why do you need to bring up Bamba any time there is criticism of Vuc?
drsd
RealGM

Post#132 » by drsd » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:14 am

thelead wrote:
drsd wrote:

Why do you need to bring up Bamba any time there is criticism of Vuc?

Your original comments were about Bamba, so I discussed Bamba.

:D

Return to Orlando Magic