ImageImageImageImage

Nikola Vučević named a 2020-2021 Eastern Conference All-Star

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Re: Nikola Vučević named a 2020-2021 Eastern Conference All-Star 

Post#41 » by paperboymafia » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:32 pm

A penny for Sabonis and Trae's thoughts.

Not that I care, congratz Vuc!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,901

Post#42 » by drsd » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:03 pm

drsd
RealGM

Post#43 » by drsd » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:04 pm

Image from the past:

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#44 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:16 pm

thelead wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
fendilim wrote:Haters will go “just two time allstar” now. Haha

“But playoff record doe.”
“Blocks gaiz”

Let’s trade him for the non-allstar Devin Booker. Let me know how that goes :lol:

Huh? It would go fine I’d imagine... :dontknow:

Anyway I’m sure theres actually people in here who are mad.. :lol:
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#45 » by Xatticus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:24 pm

We should put up a banner. I'm not sure why this serves as validation for some. We are one of the worst teams in the league and we are getting crushed when Vucevic is on the floor, but folks want to throw a parade.

All things being equal, I'd prefer Vucevic makes the All-Star team, but all things never are equal. Clifford likes to run his offense through one guy and Vucevic is the beneficiary. Kemba was in Charlotte, so Kemba made All-Star games, even though he isn't any good either. I'd like to think that this increases the interest in Vucevic around the league in some way or another, but I know this front office will never trade him while it is logical to do so, so it is of little consequence regardless.

If we manage to lock him up to one more contract after this one, he'll have a chance at making the list of the losingest players in NBA history. He is on pace to make it, but it's all about longevity at this point. Yay Magic!
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Xatticus
Head Coach

Post#46 » by Xatticus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:32 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
thelead wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:“But playoff record doe.”
“Blocks gaiz”

Let’s trade him for the non-allstar Devin Booker. Let me know how that goes :lol:

Trae Young has been objectively far superior to Vucevic, but he didn't make the All-Star game because of positions. How receptive do you believe Atlanta would be in a swap? The answer is obvious. I think that's his point regarding Booker.

As for anger at Vucevic making the All-Star game, I kind of doubt it, but who knows? I can say that I am befuddled at some of the responses in this thread considering the state of the organization. It's just weird to me. It strikes me as something akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,066

Post#47 » by OrlMagic05 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:40 pm

Some of you fans are big Homers. I am glad Vuc made the all star team and it is well deserved, but reading some of these comments are laughable. You know who else was an all star BRAD MILLER, MEHET OKUR, JAMAL MAGLORE. Not saying Vuc is as bad as them, but some of you are sounding like he is a two time 1st team ALL NBA selection. If they could truly pick the top 24 players Vuc would not have been selected.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by OrlMagic05 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:03 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Knightro wrote:Imagine what your response would have been October 2018 if someone told you Vucevic was going to make two of the next three all-star teams.

Kudos to him.

Ill do you one better... Imagine during the darkest days of our Dwightmare.. someone tells us that we are trading our franchise player Center for a multiple all star Center.

A multiple all star center that has led us to what exactly? Not trying to hate on Vuc, but come on dude.. lol
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,632

Post#49 » by thelead » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:07 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
thelead wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:“But playoff record doe.”
“Blocks gaiz”

Go propose that trade on the PHX board PLEASE.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#50 » by OrlMagic05 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:12 pm

thelead wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
thelead wrote:Let’s trade him for the non-allstar Devin Booker. Let me know how that goes :lol:

Better yet, propose that trade on the general board. Away from any bias fans. I promise you 99.999999999999999999% of the people would choose Booker lol
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,632

Post#51 » by thelead » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:30 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
thelead wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Huh? It would go fine I’d imagine... :dontknow:

Better yet, propose that trade on the general board. Away from any bias fans. I promise you 99.999999999999999999% of the people would choose Booker lol

YES! That is a better idea. Please do that!

I mean, Vuc is an allstar and Booker is not. Obviously that means that Vuc is great and Booker is not. Vuc is worth building around and Booker is not. Vuc is obvously better than Booker now.
drsd
RealGM

Post#52 » by drsd » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:30 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:Some of you fans are big Homers. I am glad Vuc made the all star team and it is well deserved, but reading some of these comments are laughable. You know who else was an all star BRAD MILLER, MEHET OKUR, JAMAL MAGLORE. Not saying Vuc is as bad as them, but some of you are sounding like he is a two time 1st team ALL NBA selection. If they could truly pick the top 24 players Vuc would not have been selected.

Some other all-stars:
B.J. Armstrong, A.C. Green, Tyson Chandler, Chris Gatling, Nick Van Exel, Tyrone Hill, Anthony Mason, Mark Eaton, and Wally Szczerbiak, Antonio Davis, Dale Davis, Jamaal Magloire, and a player I have never heard of: James Donaldson.

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#53 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:32 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
thelead wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Huh? It would go fine I’d imagine... :dontknow:

How about for non All-Star Trae Young?
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#54 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:36 pm

Xatticus wrote:We should put up a banner. I'm not sure why this serves as validation for some. We are one of the worst teams in the league and we are getting crushed when Vucevic is on the floor, but folks want to throw a parade.

All things being equal, I'd prefer Vucevic makes the All-Star team, but all things never are equal. Clifford likes to run his offense through one guy and Vucevic is the beneficiary. Kemba was in Charlotte, so Kemba made All-Star games, even though he isn't any good either. I'd like to think that this increases the interest in Vucevic around the league in some way or another, but I know this front office will never trade him while it is logical to do so, so it is of little consequence regardless.

If we manage to lock him up to one more contract after this one, he'll have a chance at making the list of the losingest players in NBA history. He is on pace to make it, but it's all about longevity at this point. Yay Magic!
Its up to the GMs to put a winning product on the floor not the players. Draft better.. MPJ, Devonte Graham, look better than Mo.
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#55 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:37 pm

thelead wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
thelead wrote:Go propose that trade on the PHX board PLEASE.

YES! That is a better idea. Please do that!

I mean, Vuc is an allstar and Booker is not. Obviously that means that Vuc is great and Booker is not. Vuc is worth building around and Booker is not. Vuc is obvously better than Booker now.
Who in here said that? You’re all so butt hurt my god. :lol: This dude is on the team you supposedly support and you’re all losing your ****.
Nobody said he’s Better than any of the players snubbed so what are you trying to prove and to who?
#2A
#Adopt
Xatticus
Head Coach

Post#56 » by Xatticus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:01 pm

drsd wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:Some of you fans are big Homers. I am glad Vuc made the all star team and it is well deserved, but reading some of these comments are laughable. You know who else was an all star BRAD MILLER, MEHET OKUR, JAMAL MAGLORE. Not saying Vuc is as bad as them, but some of you are sounding like he is a two time 1st team ALL NBA selection. If they could truly pick the top 24 players Vuc would not have been selected.

Some other all-stars:
B.J. Armstrong, A.C. Green, Tyson Chandler, Chris Gatling, Nick Van Exel, Tyrone Hill, Anthony Mason, Mark Eaton, and Wally Szczerbiak, Antonio Davis, Dale Davis, Jamaal Magloire, and a player I have never heard of: James Donaldson.

Donaldson was the center for some pretty good Mavs teams in the 80s. I don't like these comparisons though. It's unfair to everyone involved. Some of those guys were really good at what they were and definitely made their teams better. You will notice an overrepresentation of centers though. Hill, Eaton, Davis, Davis, Miller, Donaldson, Okur, Chandler, and Magloire were all fives. Ratliff was another.

Gminski is the guy that always pops into my head as a comp for Vucevic.

In an alternate universe, some franchise would've paid him a lot of money and constructed their offense around him and he would've made an All-Star game or two.
-pepe1991
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#57 » by fklt » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:30 pm

lol good vibes lasted 2 pages.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,913

Post#58 » by MagicMatic » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:33 pm

fklt wrote:lol good vibes lasted 2 pages.

good for Vuc
good for Orlando representation
bad for the Magic competing in the last decade.

Yay, I guess?
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#59 » by fklt » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:50 pm

MagicMatic wrote:

good for Vuc

Yay, I guess?

it's just an accolade for one of our players man. but let the usual suspects come and explain how bad this actually is because it increases the chances of the team committing to a "prostitute" or something. real sane sh*t.
Xatticus
Head Coach

Post#60 » by Xatticus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:04 pm

fklt wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

good for Vuc

Yay, I guess?

it's just an accolade for one of our players man. but let the usual suspects come and explain how bad this actually is because it increases the chances of the team committing to a "prostitute" or something. real sane sh*t.

I suppose we will have to ban idioms on this forum. We wouldn't want to risk offending anyone incapable of critical thought.
-pepe1991

Return to Orlando Magic