ImageImageImageImage

Brian Windhorst: Orlando is willing to part ways with Evan Fournier and Aaron Gordon

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Re: Brian Windhorst: Orlando is willing to part ways with Evan Fournier and Aaron Gordon 

Post#2 » by zaymon » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:58 pm

This is good news becouse even more conservative posters like me see benefits of trading 1 or 2 of our veterans. Not total tanking, but positioning us better in the lottery. We will be enough into the season that Vucevic hopefully wont feel betrayed. Gordon doesnt make sense on our team and Fournier could be to costly for us. I still cant imagine our offense next year without Evan and i am not into multiyear tanking.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,118

Re: Brian Windhorst: Orlando is willing to part ways with Evan Fournier and Aaron Gordon 

Post#3 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:00 pm

i'll believe it when I see it. AG trade talk has been happening since he re signed here. Fournier is an expiring so we'd have to take back something dead and a rookie likely. I just don't think any team will give us close to equal value for either of them and I don't see this FO selling fournier for 75c on the dollar
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,068

Post#5 » by The Real Dalic » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:40 pm

Good news. Doubtful both go though. I see only Fournier being traded this season, then AG in the offseason. That would be my guess. But we'll see I guess.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,828

Post#6 » by RookieStar » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:40 pm

We shall see if what they said about WeHam being vets and respected in the GM community for other Gms not to low-ball us like what they did with Henny.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#7 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:15 pm

Weltman has to flip both players or he'll probably be out of a job after next season. He can't afford to lose fournier for nothing and he can't afford another year of the failed AG at SF experiment... not in a season where he has to convincingly make the playoffs while also showing upside for the young players he acquired.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#9 » by fendilim » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:55 am

I’ll believe it IF I even see it lol
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#10 » by RookieStar » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:08 am

incidentally, when is the tradr deadline again?
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 585

Post#12 » by MasterGMer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:53 am

If Evan, at the end of the season, wants to stay in Orlando and willing to take a reasonable contract, do we resign him?

Evan's number is even better than his career year last year. His biggest problem is inconsistency. But if he turns his game on, he can be a really good contributor.

I do not know what kind of asset we can get back from trading Evan, but I do not think we will get much. And we are not getting 70 cents for a dollar.

I want to keep him, maybe for the rest of the season
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,011

Post#13 » by KillMonger » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:09 am

MasterGMer wrote:If Evan, at the end of the season, wants to stay in Orlando and willing to take a reasonable contract, do we resign him?

Evan's number is even better than his career year last year. His biggest problem is inconsistency. But if he turns his game on, he can be a really good contributor.

I do not know what kind of asset we can get back from trading Evan, but I do not think we will get much. And we are not getting 70 cents for a dollar.

I want to keep him, maybe for the rest of the season

I’m not sure Evan feels the same, he said himself this year in a French interview that if a contender offers him a decent contract he’s gone....I mean sure we can overpay him to stay but those comments say that he wants to compete for a title.....i can understand not wanting to waste anymore of your prime years competing for 8th seed every year

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,958

Post#14 » by MagicMatic » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:11 am

Doubt anything happens. Haven’t we heard this before?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,358

Post#15 » by Knightro » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:22 am

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#16 » by basketballRob » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:27 am

RookieStar wrote:incidentally, when is the tradr deadline again?
March 25th

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#17 » by RookieStar » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:37 am

basketballRob wrote:
RookieStar wrote:incidentally, when is the tradr deadline again?
March 25th

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

wow torture... that long huh
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#18 » by Skin » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:39 am

Who here believes Brian Winhorst?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#19 » by Anti Chalmers » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:08 pm

If we’re rebuilding, might as well trade them as they do hold some trade value.
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 838

Post#20 » by I Rasharted » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:20 pm

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.

Return to Orlando Magic