ImageImageImageImage

Brian Windhorst: Orlando is willing to part ways with Evan Fournier and Aaron Gordon

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Re: Brian Windhorst: Orlando is willing to part ways with Evan Fournier and Aaron Gordon 

Post#81 » by zaymon » Thu Mar 4, 2021 2:42 pm

Skybox wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

Classic :lol:

I really like Norman Powell, Beasley, and others at that level...but once you re-sign them at 18 per (like Evan), they become questionable...not saying they're getting that, but that would somewhat compromise their cost/value ratio (also like Evan).

Not every SG can do what Evan does, but I do think we could plug in some "lesser" guys and get what we need - especially if Fultz and Cole get/stay aggressive and we learn to move the ball and look for those hockey assists (not Evan's forte).

We have lesser option in Ross already. I dont see how signing worse players will make us better.
We need to face reality if we dont resign Fournier we propably wont be playoff team for the next few years. Even if we get lucky and draft Suggs or Green they wont make much difference in mear future or at all like most young players.
Gordon is not as important becouse he is not that good also we have replacement already on the team.
We need to ask ourselves how much we need to move in the lottery and how much we can sacrifice. Indont think bottom 3 is worth it if we need to trade important veterans for nothing.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,145

Re: Brian Windhorst: Orlando is willing to part ways with Evan Fournier and Aaron Gordon 

Post#82 » by Def Swami » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:21 pm

Read on Twitter

I'd be curious to see what that haul for Vucevic looks like. His value will never be higher.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#83 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:08 pm

Def Swami wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd be curious to see what that haul for Vucevic looks like. His value will never be higher.

Would likely include TPE/Thompson + Nesmith or Langford.

Charlotte doesn’t really have much salary wise. Don’t want Rozier or Hayward.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,921

Post#84 » by MagicMatic » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:12 pm

Def Swami wrote:
Read on Twitter

Boston doesn’t have much other than Nesmith. Hornets have less.

AG +filler for Beasley + Culver (or Okogie) makes sense.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#85 » by basketballRob » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:45 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd do it for Zeller, Monk, and next year's pick. That would allow us to let Fournier walk next season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,145

Post#86 » by Def Swami » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:48 pm

Bill Simmons proposed Pritchard, Nesmith, Langford, and a couple of 1st round picks for Vucevic last week on his podcast. I think that's about the best the Celtics could do. And I'm not sure how to feel about it. I guess it really depends on how much you believe in Nesmith and Langford. I liked Nesmith in the draft, but not Langford. It's possible we look at that deal 5 years from now and find out those guys were Danny Ainge's throwaway guys.

I think most Gordon and Vucevic deals will probably be best in the off-season around the draft. There aren't a lot of Vucevic suitors. I think it would be the Celtics, Hornets, Kings, and Warriors. I can't think of another team that would pursue him. Maybe the Blazers get in there. They have some young guys I'd be more interested in. They might be more of a Gordon team.

Getting value for Fournier should be priority right now.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:50 pm

basketballRob wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd do it for Zeller, Monk, and next year's pick. That would allow us to let Fournier walk next season.

Cliff hates Monk it would be about as bad of fit as you can get. Conversation starts with this years 1st & PJ or Bridges and fillers.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:52 pm

Def Swami wrote:Bill Simmons proposed Pritchard, Nesmith, Langford, and a couple of 1st round picks for Vucevic last week on his podcast. I think that's about the best the Celtics could do. And I'm not sure how to feel about it. I guess it really depends on how much you believe in Nesmith and Langford. I liked Nesmith in the draft, but not Langford. It's possible we look at that deal 5 years from now and find out those guys were Danny Ainge's throwaway guys.

I think most Gordon and Vucevic deals will probably be best in the off-season around the draft. There aren't a lot of Vucevic suitors. I think it would be the Celtics, Hornets, Kings, and Warriors. I can't think of another team that would pursue him.

Boston has nothing of great value.. even those 1st round picks will be late ones. Boston would lowball TPE + Nesmith & 1st for Vuc lol
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Post#89 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:54 pm

Our upcoming schedule is flat-out comical. Moving off Fournier and AG is a no-brainer. If a lottery team wants to throw out a first for Vuc I'd consider moving him as well. Bostons pick and their non-impressive young guards do nothing for me.
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#90 » by Magic#1 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 5:05 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Would likely include TPE/Thompson + Nesmith or Langford.

Cliff hates Monk it would be about as bad of fit as you can get. Conversation starts with this years 1st & PJ or Bridges and fillers.

If the Hornets put that on the table, I bite. I'm assuming we'd have to take on Zeller, too, which I would have no problem doing.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#91 » by basketballRob » Thu Mar 4, 2021 5:31 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Would likely include TPE/Thompson + Nesmith or Langford.

I doubt we'd ask for a couple more PFs.

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Mar 4, 2021 5:38 pm

basketballRob wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I'd do it for Zeller, Monk, and next year's pick. That would allow us to let Fournier walk next season.

I doubt we'd ask for a couple more PFs.

I would take PJ in a heartbeat dude can play 3/4 and I'm working with the thought that trading Vuc would mean AG is also dealt quickly after or even before. I think it's only a matter of days before AG is traded.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#93 » by Xatticus » Thu Mar 4, 2021 5:47 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:People who hate Evan yet want Oladipo back need a slap in a face.
Oladipo has been garbage in each and every season after Orlando but that one where he was allstar, 3 years ago.

Currently, Dipo averages 50 DNP- injuries a year and 18-20 points on 18-19 shots a game on horrendus efficiency.

Dipo probably still gets more free agent interest than Fournier, because of his playmaking and defense. Fournier might not have too much interest at all with so many better shooting guards in the market. GTJ, Powell, Monk. Portland and Charlotte are both up against the tax thresholds.

It's amazing that you menage to say so many wrong things in like 3 sentences.

Dipo declined 2 years exstension. TWO YEARS exstension. That's how much Houston values his health and durability. They just traded Harden for him and already treat him as filler. After he declined. They didn't offer anything else.
He has name value as former allstar, but his player's value is very poor. Injury prone, turning 30 next year, 6'4 shooting guard who is mediocre shooter at best.

"so many beter shooting guards in the market"
than you name Trent who averages less points, on worst efficiency, and is career backup. Ok, he is young but it's not like he is setting world on fire with Blazers.

Norman Powell is NOT free agent. He has player's option to decline, if he wants to be one.

Hornets have $50M in cap space to spend, Monk is restricted free agent that they hold bird rights on. It's up to them to let him go if they don't think his current streak is anything more but empty calories on inflated pace, or they can keep him if they think he learned how to play basketball.

So, after Derozan, the best FREE AGENT ( not player's options , not team's option) is indeed Evan Fournier.
I would not mind Norman Powell, but once again, Magic , much like any other team, has no control over him. You can trade for him and he can walk out, or he can resign with Raptors, or he can decline player's option and resign... It's up to Raptors and him to decide. That's why nobody is touching him.

That’s literally the biggest offer they were allowed to make right now.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#94 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 5:54 pm

Malik Beasley and Juancho HernanGomez for Aaron Gordon
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#95 » by Xatticus » Thu Mar 4, 2021 6:02 pm

Def Swami wrote:Bill Simmons proposed Pritchard, Nesmith, Langford, and a couple of 1st round picks for Vucevic last week on his podcast. I think that's about the best the Celtics could do. And I'm not sure how to feel about it. I guess it really depends on how much you believe in Nesmith and Langford. I liked Nesmith in the draft, but not Langford. It's possible we look at that deal 5 years from now and find out those guys were Danny Ainge's throwaway guys.

I think most Gordon and Vucevic deals will probably be best in the off-season around the draft. There aren't a lot of Vucevic suitors. I think it would be the Celtics, Hornets, Kings, and Warriors. I can't think of another team that would pursue him. Maybe the Blazers get in there. They have some young guys I'd be more interested in. They might be more of a Gordon team.

I would take that offer and run. There isn’t anything particularly appealing there, but I’d get off of Vucevic’s deal in a straight dump. Getting a pool of young assets is just a bonus.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,276

Post#96 » by pepe1991 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 6:08 pm

Xatticus wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Dipo probably still gets more free agent interest than Fournier, because of his playmaking and defense. Fournier might not have too much interest at all with so many better shooting guards in the market. GTJ, Powell, Monk. Portland and Charlotte are both up against the tax thresholds.

It's amazing that you menage to say so many wrong things in like 3 sentences.

Dipo declined 2 years exstension. TWO YEARS exstension. That's how much Houston values his health and durability. They just traded Harden for him and already treat him as filler. After he declined. They didn't offer anything else.
He has name value as former allstar, but his player's value is very poor. Injury prone, turning 30 next year, 6'4 shooting guard who is mediocre shooter at best.

"so many beter shooting guards in the market"
than you name Trent who averages less points, on worst efficiency, and is career backup. Ok, he is young but it's not like he is setting world on fire with Blazers.

Norman Powell is NOT free agent. He has player's option to decline, if he wants to be one.

Hornets have $50M in cap space to spend, Monk is restricted free agent that they hold bird rights on. It's up to them to let him go if they don't think his current streak is anything more but empty calories on inflated pace, or they can keep him if they think he learned how to play basketball.

So, after Derozan, the best FREE AGENT ( not player's options , not team's option) is indeed Evan Fournier.
I would not mind Norman Powell, but once again, Magic , much like any other team, has no control over him. You can trade for him and he can walk out, or he can resign with Raptors, or he can decline player's option and resign... It's up to Raptors and him to decide. That's why nobody is touching him.

That’s literally the biggest offer they were allowed to make right now.

After the season concludes, but before the start of free agency, Houston would be able to offer him as much as a four-year, $113 million extension; once free agency begins, Houston can offer up to four years for $151 million or five years for $195 million.

Wanna bet they won't offer him that?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,276

Post#97 » by pepe1991 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 6:25 pm

There is zero logical reasons why Magic should "dump" Vuc.
If great offer comes, sure, but taking late first round pick and non-lottery selected rookies Celtics have no usage of, is typical Danny Ainge ripoff trade that whole league will be laughing at for years.
If Hornets are willing to part ways with their 2021, 2023 unprotected picks sure. But they won't.

But in this moment it's important to know this things:
1) Vuc is not hurting development of anybody. His backup is 28 years old.
2 ) Vuc is not hurting the tank
3) Vuc contract is not albatross, he will make just $24M next year and probably won't crack top 50 in yearly salary

4) even if Magic land great pick, let's say Cunnigam, last thing team needs is put Minessota Suckforeverwolves type of roster around him where his talent will be strangled by pathetic mediocrity around him and bunch of injury prone players comming in and out of lineup every year.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#98 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 6:53 pm

Xatticus wrote:

I would take that offer and run. There isn’t anything particularly appealing there, but I’d get off of Vucevic’s deal in a straight dump. Getting a pool of young assets is just a bonus.
You're crazy.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#99 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 4, 2021 9:04 pm

pepe1991 wrote:There is zero logical reasons why Magic should "dump" Vuc.
If great offer comes, sure, but taking late first round pick and non-lottery selected rookies Celtics have no usage of, is typical Danny Ainge ripoff trade that whole league will be laughing at for years.
If Hornets are willing to part ways with their 2021, 2023 unprotected picks sure. But they won't.

But in this moment it's important to know this things:
1) Vuc is not hurting development of anybody. His backup is 28 years old.
2 ) Vuc is not hurting the tank
3) Vuc contract is not albatross, he will make just $24M next year and probably won't crack top 50 in yearly salary

4) even if Magic land great pick, let's say Cunnigam, last thing team needs is put Minessota Suckforeverwolves type of roster around him where his talent will be strangled by pathetic mediocrity around him and bunch of injury prone players comming in and out of lineup every year.

Listen everyone, this here is very important. Vuc is probably the most prized( and useful) piece we have outside of our 2 injured "hope"
When we hopefully get our prize in Cade and whatever asset we exchange from the hypothetical Evan/Ag/Bamba?etc trade, we need Vuc to not only fast-track our rebuild but to make us competitive every night. How s the development going to be for our young guys when there is no stability in our team in offense? Do we expect any of Cade JI Fultz (traded player) to not only average what Vuc does but also have his gravity in the opponents defense?

So unless we get a very enticing offer for Vuc, we should not trade him for a very hopeful reloaded next season.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#100 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 4, 2021 9:08 pm

Xatticus wrote:

You know, everyone already knows Ainge isn't doing a trade unless he can fleece the other party and what he is offering for Vuc kind of confirms that. So you willingly let yourself get "hoodwinked" to be polite??? Those 1st round picks are probably in the late 20s and so far the trajectory of Nesmith and LAngford aren't what everyone hoped they would be ( it could change of course).

Return to Orlando Magic