ImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 Regular Season Game 34: Utah Jazz (26-7) at Orlando Magic (13-20)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 34: Utah Jazz (26-7) at Orlando Magic (13-20) 

Post#61 » by Knightro » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:04 am

What's crazy is that the Magic could go from boring pile to crap to semi interesting pile of crap without much effort.

-Tank the rest of the year into a top 5 pick
-Trade Gordon into Boston's TPE for Langford and Nesmith
-Trade Ross to Philadelphia for Green's expiring, Korkmaz and Joe
-Let Fournier, Green, Bacon, Ennis, Birch and Clark walk in free agency

G: Fultz, Anthony
G: J. Green (4th overall), Langford, MCW
F: Korkmaz, Nesmith, Joe
F: Isaac, Okeke, Aminu
C: Vucevic, Bamba

Will that team stink? Most likely, but at least they're interesting with a bunch of young guys surrounding Vucevic. Of course you'd have to almost certainly dump Clifford in this scenario, but most people would be fine with that.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#62 » by The Effect » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:21 am

Ok I noticed that the past few games, birch hasn't been playing and bamba has been the backup, is birch hurt or has bamba passed him up?

Is this the team showcasing bamba to up his trade value

Sorry I live in San Diego and only get to watch games on weekends so don't get all the news
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#63 » by Howard Mass » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:54 am

MagicFan4Lyfe wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Tonight we saw why The Utah Jazz are one of the best teams in The Association.

.... and why the Orlando Magic are one of the worst teams in The Association (only Weltman, Hammond and Clifford don't realize that :lol: )

Injuries have hurt this team.

It's about The Trading Deadline right now and next year.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#64 » by stinger14 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:12 am

Knightro wrote:What's crazy is that the Magic could go from boring pile to crap to semi interesting pile of crap without much effort.

Will that team stink? Most likely, but at least they're interesting with a bunch of young guys surrounding Vucevic. Of course you'd have to almost certainly dump Clifford in this scenario, but most people would be fine with that.

Hornets fan, I like the direction. Clifford has to go though, he will never commit to playing and developing young guys. He will play his vets and have you stuck in that 9th seed just missing the playoffs bu a couple of games, and picking at the end of the lottery.

If going with this plan, would you also consider trading Vucevic? Something along the lines of Vucevic/Fournier to Charlotte for Hayward/Zeller

Zeller is an expiring like Fournier, but could provide backup minutes to Bamba to finish out this season. Hayward is back to playing really well and gives you a versatile wing with playmaking skills. If Bamba breaks out, then you have a nice start with Fultz, draft pick ???, Hayward, Isaac, Bamba.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,223

Post#65 » by pepe1991 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:39 am

stinger14 wrote:
Knightro wrote:What's crazy is that the Magic could go from boring pile to crap to semi interesting pile of crap without much effort.

Hornets fan, I like the direction. Clifford has to go though, he will never commit to playing and developing young guys. He will play his vets and have you stuck in that 9th seed just missing the playoffs bu a couple of games, and picking at the end of the lottery.

If going with this plan, would you also consider trading Vucevic? Something along the lines of Vucevic/Fournier to Charlotte for Hayward/Zeller

Zeller is an expiring like Fournier, but could provide backup minutes to Bamba to finish out this season. Hayward is back to playing really well and gives you a versatile wing with playmaking skills. If Bamba breaks out, then you have a nice start with Fultz, draft pick ???, Hayward, Isaac, Bamba.

Bro, in his whole coaching career guys who Clifford didn't play are:
Monk-- guy who still played MORE under him than any other Hornets coach after, to this date
Noah Vonleh- complete garbage
Mo Bamba - complete garbage
Bismack Biyombo- complete garbage

He does not play young bums. He is excellent at sitting those bums. That's actually his best atribute. 4/4 strikes.

Ofc you come asking for 2 times allstar in trade :lol: Why would Magic give up only above average player they have for Hayward, who i personally like, but who is made of glass and just signed max contract.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#66 » by Ducklett » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:02 am

pepe1991 wrote:
stinger14 wrote:

Monk-- guy who still played MORE under him than any other Hornets coach after, to this date

He does not play young bums. He is excellent at sitting those bums. That's actually his best atribute. 4/4 strikes.

Ofc you come asking for 2 times allstar in trade :lol: Why would Magic give up only above average player they have for Hayward, who i personally like, but who is made of glass and just signed max contract.

You might want to go read about Malik Monk's play this season. 47% from 3 on 5.4 shots per game. Most points/minutes per game of his career.
Cockers
Freshman
And1: 61

Post#67 » by Cockers » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:04 am

basketballRob wrote:
Cockers wrote:I want to see fournier and Ross go. Tired about both of them, rest of the team i do not care anymore!
Take Bacon too. I miss the days of team ball, where any player could be the high scorer on any given night.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

I don't know about bacon... he is not a core problem. I rather see them get rid of vooch. He's a good player, but he is no leader, too soft in my opinion.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#68 » by drsd » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:00 pm

Orlando had only 3 TOs and shot 14-34 (41.2%) and still got blown out. What a weird box-score!
drsd
RealGM

Post#69 » by drsd » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:04 pm

Ducklett wrote:Bamba 11 points on 6 shots.
Ross 10 points on 16 shots.

The Magic lost this game because they lost the three-point contest of it all. That is on Fournier and Ross, but there are no cuddles for Bamba on that. In particular, given that Orlando was anaemic (as usual) at getting to the line, where was Bamba in that?

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#70 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:08 pm

I agree, but that’s more trades than this front office has made in their entire tenure here. It doesn’t seem likely.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the FO keeps the band together and beats up on sub 500 teams in an attempt to reach the play in game.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#71 » by pepe1991 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Ducklett wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
stinger14 wrote:

You might want to go read about Malik Monk's play this season. 47% from 3 on 5.4 shots per game. Most points/minutes per game of his career.

Hornets 32 games played
Malik Monk 19
amout of injuries : 0

They don't play him because they are blown away with him, actually pretty opposite. To trade him so they get some value back from former lottery pick they have no intentions to re-sign and his contract is up in 2 months. Smart decisions .
At apsolute best case, Monk is Clarkson type player. That's your 6-7th man off bench who can get you some ponits but you have to keep leash on him because he will highjack your offense ( kind a like Ross, just without any efficiency).

I assume we do the same with Bamba, let's give him 15-20 min a game , maybe some fool decides to throw away pick.
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#72 » by stinger14 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:26 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Hornets 32 games played
Malik Monk 19

They don't play him because they are blown away with him, actually pretty opposite. To trade him so they get some value back from former lottery pick they have no intentions to re-sign and his contract is up in 2 months. Smart decisions .
At apsolute best case, Monk is Clarkson type player. That's your 6-7th man off bench who can get you some ponits but you have to keep leash on him because he will highjack your offense ( kind a like Ross, just without any efficiency).

I assume we do the same with Bamba, let's give him 15-20 min a game , maybe some fool decides to throw away pick.

You are describing Monk from previous years, you know those years where he was lost because a certain coach made no attempt at developing him. He started showing signs of life last year before the season was canceled.

Have you even watched him this year? Yes, he is still best suited as a 6th man, but there is nothing wrong with that, he is only 23 years old. The guy is shooting 47% from deep, and his TS% is at 61.5% and he has played under control and within the offense. His effort and play have gotten better on the defensive end too.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#73 » by zaymon » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:39 pm

stinger14 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

Hornets 32 games played
Malik Monk 19

You are describing Monk from previous years, you know those years where he was lost because a certain coach made no attempt at developing him. He started showing signs of life last year before the season was canceled.

Have you even watched him this year? Yes, he is still best suited as a 6th man, but there is nothing wrong with that, he is only 23 years old. The guy is shooting 47% from deep, and his TS% is at 61.5% and he has played under control and within the offense. His effort and play have gotten better on the defensive end too.

He was very bad now he is below average. He didnt play, now he plays some. What in his minutes and development path is not matching ? Are you implying he would be above average starter second he would start to play 30 + minutes when he was disaster on a floor ?
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
drsd
RealGM

Post#74 » by drsd » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:50 pm

After this loss the Magic is now 3 full games behind Play-in slot. The Magic currently sits as the 5th worst team.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#75 » by Xatticus » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:56 pm

stinger14 wrote:

Yes, please! I wouldn’t wish it upon you, but I won’t stop you from doing it to yourself.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#76 » by ChosenSavior » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:51 pm

drsd wrote:Orlando had only 3 TOs and shot 14-34 (41.2%) and still got blown out. What a weird box-score!

Not really when Utah got to the free throw line way more than Orlando and shot better from the field especially from 3. They also got that Donovan Mitchell fella who decided to just take over the game in the 2nd half with Orlando having no answer.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#77 » by ChosenSavior » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:55 pm

drsd wrote:
Ducklett wrote:Bamba 11 points on 6 shots.
Ross 10 points on 16 shots.

The Magic lost this game because they lost the three-point contest of it all. That is on Fournier and Ross, but there are no cuddles for Bamba on that. In particular, given that Orlando was anaemic (as usual) at getting to the line, where was Bamba in that?

Where was Vuc on that? He only got to the line one time. Matter of fact no one on the Magic was aggressive enough to draw fouls. Maybe because of Rudy protecting the rim like he does that made Orlando so perimeter in the first place. No need to harp on Bamba to prop up others. The kid needs a ton of development and is raw but he was pretty solid in this game and against Utah's main rotation nonetheless.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#78 » by pepe1991 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:37 pm

stinger14 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

Hornets 32 games played
Malik Monk 19

That guy , without one out of the world game ( 9-11 for 3 ) is for rest of a season 45% FG, 35% for 3 player that provides virtually nothing else if he is not shooting the ball. Terrible off dribble, terrible playmaker, can't defend.
He is career 52% TS , all around negative asset. Over time, his stats will fizzle out. Right now due sample size 11 FGM in one game still covers up for him.

At the end of a day it all comes to asset menagment. Only reason why he is in rotation for you guys is because you are looking to cut him loose, as he is FA this year and i assume your team's menagment has no desire to keep him around.
drsd
RealGM

Post#79 » by drsd » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:09 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:
drsd wrote:Orlando had only 3 TOs and shot 14-34 (41.2%) and still got blown out. What a weird box-score!

Not really when Utah got to the free throw line way more than Orlando and shot better from the field especially from 3. They also got that Donovan Mitchell fella who decided to just take over the game in the 2nd half with Orlando having no answer.

Orlando lost because of three things: i) the volume of Utahs three-ball attempts, ii) rebounding dominance, and, as stated above, a much higher rate of FT attempts.

Frankly, given how effect the Magic long-ball was, the Magic did not attempt nearly enough to stay competitive.

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#80 » by MagicMatic » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:40 am

You know your team is garbage and uninteresting when you end up arguing about whether Malik Monk is a good player after a loss.

Who cares. Clifford has proven to be archaic this season with his shortsighted bs. Front office sets ridiculous precedents and he’s going to grind players into the ground to accomplish “playoffs”. Which obviously means no time for development mistakes.

Return to Orlando Magic