ImageImageImageImage

Who wants Aaron Gordon?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,624

Who wants Aaron Gordon? 

Post#1 » by Skybox » Sat Mar 6, 2021 4:50 pm

Tank or Anti-Tank? Win next year or tank forever? Worship Vuc or dump him for nothing? Whatever side you're on - I think we all agree that Aaron Gordon should be moved for the best return we can get...
-Gordon is a very good defender but Isaac is elite and potentially super-elite DPOY level and much more disruptive as a team defender.
-He's been here for years and probably is very frustrated with his changing roles and lack of success/appreciation AND he'll be an UFA at the end of next season. Once this season is over, he's an expiring and ready to roll out - maybe home to Cali.
-He's pretty good and could have some big games this year. I'm anti-tank but there's no reason to wait and win games. Move him now.

So, before we even rack our brains with 4 team trades, etc...who would AG really help?

BRK has SO much offense but terrible defense. It may be enough but playoff intensity and pace are different. I contend that AG would be awesome in a much more limited offensive role, where's he playing opportunistically off of star teammates.

DEN really misses Jerami Grant. I think AG fills a lot of what they've lost along with better ball movement.

POR seems to be locked into their small scoring backcourt, they could use offensive support staff with great defense. That's AG.

BOS needs defense and hockey assists. This is my favorite spot for AG. Brad Stevens would bring out the Shawn Marion in him.

who else?
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,188

Re: Who wants Aaron Gordon? 

Post#2 » by cedric76 » Sat Mar 6, 2021 5:00 pm

Mini
NJ
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,068

Post#3 » by The Real Dalic » Sat Mar 6, 2021 5:05 pm

Minnesota has been very interested in him as well. Not only this year but the last couple as well.

Also, Portland offered 2 FRP's for him this offseason and the Magic turned it down. They then turned around and acquired Covington. They may still be interested in him since Covington has struggled so much this season. But I kinda doubt they'll be an option this season. Unless either their FO was desperate, or ours.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#4 » by Skybox » Sat Mar 6, 2021 5:31 pm

Yep...forgot MIN...they may be the most interested but if Beasley isn't coming back, I don't see a 2 team deal
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,824

Post#5 » by RookieStar » Sat Mar 6, 2021 9:24 pm

Skybox wrote:Yep...forgot MIN...they may be the most interested but if Beasley isn't coming back, I don't see a 2 team deal

Well... if they offer Edwards we could throw Evan/Ross to them as well lol
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,405

Post#6 » by JRoy » Sun Mar 7, 2021 11:56 pm

No thanks from POR.

I don’t buy POR offering 2 FRP or ORL refusing that offer.

There is no trade I would make for AG that ORL would accept.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 838

Post#7 » by I Rasharted » Mon Mar 8, 2021 12:58 am

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#8 » by The Effect » Mon Mar 8, 2021 2:04 am

Denver to me makes the most sense, but the main guy I'd want, would be completely off limits (mpj), and no one else realistic would be worth it

Sorry have no interest in harris
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Post#9 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 2:24 am

Brooklyn just signed Blake Griffin. Scratch them off the list.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,437

Post#10 » by Bensational » Mon Mar 8, 2021 3:23 am

Would the Spurs do Gordon for Gay + Vassell?

Or Gordon + Bamba + Bacon for Gay + Vassell + White?

Vassell would be a great complimentary piece to add to any future core.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#11 » by fendilim » Mon Mar 8, 2021 3:26 am

[list=][/list]
JRoy wrote:No thanks from POR.

I don’t buy POR offering 2 FRP or ORL refusing that offer.

There is no trade I would make for AG that ORL would accept.

That ship has sailed. The magic refused to trade him for 2 FRP last yr, apparently. Lol
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#12 » by drsd » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:58 am

Bensational wrote:Would the Spurs do Gordon for Gay + Vassell?

Add the Spurs mid-range FRP, and this is an interesting trade for both teams. San Antonio would need to swallow Clark, as the Magic does not have a spare roster slot; but he could be waived in Texas (Orlando cannot afford to waive a slot).

Skybox
RealGM

Post#13 » by Skybox » Mon Mar 8, 2021 11:25 am

drsd wrote:

Add the Spurs mid-range FRP, and this is an interesting trade for both teams. San Antonio would need to swallow Clark, as the Magic does not have a spare roster slot; but he could be waived in Texas (Orlando cannot afford to waive a slot).

I don't think SAS would need to add value to get AG for Vassell and an expiring. The financial benefit alone is significant and Vassell projects to be AG with a better shooting stroke (potentially)...Unless POP sees more in AG's point forward potential than ORL could divine (which wouldn't shock me)
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#14 » by drsd » Mon Mar 8, 2021 11:56 am

Skybox wrote:
drsd wrote:

I don't think SAS would need to add value to get AG for Vassell and an expiring. The financial benefit alone is significant and Vassell projects to be AG with a better shooting stroke (potentially)...Unless POP sees more in AG's point forward potential than ORL could divine (which wouldn't shock me)

Gordon slots at 16.1M next year and Vassell is 4.2M, for a net savings of 11.9M.
But in the context of expirings, Gay has 14.5M, which would be coupled to Fournier's 17.1M, Birch's 3M and Ennis 3.3M.
So, Orlando trading Gordon means getting Vassell for at least 3-years and a chance at a 34.9M a year FA signing.

My question to you: what available FA would sign with Orlando for ~35M a season?

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,716

Post#15 » by basketballRob » Mon Mar 8, 2021 12:04 pm

I doubt San Antonio would even trade Vassell for a top 5 pick. Pop just doesn't play rookies. He'll probably move into the SL when DeRozan is gone next season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#16 » by pepe1991 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:47 pm

basketballRob wrote:I doubt San Antonio would even trade Vassell for a top 5 pick. Pop just doesn't play rookies. He'll probably move into the SL when DeRozan is gone next season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

What a loud of crap
Tony Parker was 19 when he started 72 of 77 games and averaged 30 mpg
Kawhi Leonard started 39 of 64 games and averaged 24 mpg
Tim Duncan 82 of 82, 39 mpg

He doesn't play bad rookies*
No coach should. Player should first show any reasons to play him until he starts to play. Nobody developed into good player by playing in real games. Real games are battle grounds, you train in gym, at practice to get good. Arena is to live or die, not to "learn" or "develop". Fans simply refuse to understand that nobody developed at anything by being runned over - over and over again.

Most of the time actually opposite happends, player pretty much becomes miserable and loses confidence OR figures he doesn't need to improve or be better to play. That's execlly how we "developed" Elfrid Payton. No matter how bad he was, he kept being starter and after every year we would find another bum that can't start, so he can feel better by "outplaying" at practice. Because, you know, you are starting PG in nba if you are better than broken CJ Watson or Brandon Jennings or Louke Ridnour. :banghead:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#17 » by pepe1991 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:57 pm

That 2 first round picks sounds better than it is

It's Isaiah Stwart and lottery protected 2021 pick that is now looking to land between 21 and 29th place.

In other words, you are drafting probably 2 future G league starters.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#18 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 8:44 pm

Minnesota sends

Jarrett Culver
Jaden McDaniels
Juancho
Ed Davis

For Aaron Gordon & Gary Clark

Magic waive Davis and Bacon

Two young prospects, a vet, and an expiring
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,824

Post#19 » by RookieStar » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:02 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Minnesota sends

Jarrett Culver
Jaden McDaniels
Juancho
Ed Davis

Just a question, Culver has been all over the place. From " he is gonna blow up soon" to " he s the next bust" Which description is accurate towards him?
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#20 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:16 pm

RookieStar wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:Minnesota sends

Jarrett Culver
Jaden McDaniels
Juancho
Ed Davis

Just a question, Culver has been all over the place. From " he is gonna blow up soon" to " he s the next bust" Which description is accurate towards him?

He’s started off the season super well then he sprained his ankle and was out for a month. He just came back.

He has the tools for sure. 6’7 205lbs, can dunk, pass
And defend. But with Anthony Edwards here, culver is behind him now for the starting wing

Return to Orlando Magic