ImageImageImageImage

Who wants Aaron Gordon?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Re: Who wants Aaron Gordon? 

Post#61 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:02 pm

Furinkazan wrote:— The Nuggets, Rockets and Pistons have inquired about Gordon, per Haynes.

— The Magic are open to taking calls on Gordon, per Shams Charania of The Athletic. Shams said that the Timberwolves and Blazers are among the teams to show interest. We heard rumblings of the AG-to-the-Wolves chatter earlier this season, and Gordon has been linked to the Blazers in previous years so nothing new there.

— The Rockets, Mavericks, Nuggets and Warriors expressed interest in Gordon dating back to the draft, per Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report.

— The Magic were close to an agreement that would have sent Gordon to the Wolves for Ricky Rubio and future draft picks, per Fischer.

— Before acquiring James Harden, the Nets offered either Spencer Dinwiddie or Caris LeVert for Gordon, but the Magic “were seeking a higher draft asset that the Nets were able to secure,” Fischer reported.

— A Denver deal would center around Bol Bol, and a Mavericks deal around Dwight Powell, per Fischer. These two players make zero sense for the Magic so what exactly would be included?

— The Pelicans are high on Gordon, per Fischer.

— The Rockets wanted to net Gordon in the multi-team trade that sent James Harden to Brooklyn and instead brought Victor Oladipo to Houston, asking teams to engage the Magic, per Fischer.

— The Rockets still want to flip free-agent-to-be Oladipo in a trade that brings them Gordon, per Fischer.

If we really passed on LeVert somebody should get fired

Yeah I’d have done that LeVert trade but nothing else looks like a deal I’d do. The Rubio deal makes no sense at all at this point in time.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,616

Post#62 » by Skybox » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:21 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:— The Nuggets, Rockets and Pistons have inquired about Gordon, per Haynes.

— The Magic are open to taking calls on Gordon, per Shams Charania of The Athletic. Shams said that the Timberwolves and Blazers are among the teams to show interest. We heard rumblings of the AG-to-the-Wolves chatter earlier this season, and Gordon has been linked to the Blazers in previous years so nothing new there.

— The Rockets, Mavericks, Nuggets and Warriors expressed interest in Gordon dating back to the draft, per Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report.

— The Magic were close to an agreement that would have sent Gordon to the Wolves for Ricky Rubio and future draft picks, per Fischer.

— Before acquiring James Harden, the Nets offered either Spencer Dinwiddie or Caris LeVert for Gordon, but the Magic “were seeking a higher draft asset that the Nets were able to secure,” Fischer reported.

— A Denver deal would center around Bol Bol, and a Mavericks deal around Dwight Powell, per Fischer. These two players make zero sense for the Magic so what exactly would be included?

— The Rockets wanted to net Gordon in the multi-team trade that sent James Harden to Brooklyn and instead brought Victor Oladipo to Houston, asking teams to engage the Magic, per Fischer.

— The Rockets still want to flip free-agent-to-be Oladipo in a trade that brings them Gordon, per Fischer.

Yeah I’d have done that LeVert trade but nothing else looks like a deal I’d do. The Rubio deal makes no sense at all at this point in time.

There was a lot of debate about Levert but I always thought he was a great value...I do NOT understand this Rubio stuff at all except that MIN is ready to be rid of him and his deal...I'd take him back in a bigger deal but that's not a guy I'm hunting...I'd be happy to have him on roster, but that's it.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#63 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:26 pm

Skybox wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

There was a lot of debate about Levert but I always thought he was a great value...I do NOT understand this Rubio stuff at all except that MIN is ready to be rid of him and his deal...I'd take him back in a bigger deal but that's not a guy I'm hunting...I'd be happy to have him on roster, but that's it.

He does but he also has some concerns. Injuries being one, his inefficiency 2nd and his lack of showing desire to play defense another so I get why they thought twice.

Yeah I think that Rubio deal makes no sense at alll for us unless you think Fultz isn’t coming back fir quite some time. At this point though, makes zero sense if that’s the case or not.

Minny can do better.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#64 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:26 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
Skybox wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

He does but he also has some concerns. Injuries being one, his inefficiency 2nd and his lack of showing desire to play defense another so I get why they thought twice.

Yeah I think that Rubio deal makes no sense at alll for us unless you think Fultz isn’t coming back for quite some time. At this point though, makes zero sense if that’s the case or not.

Minny can do better.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#65 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:01 am

pepe1991 wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:AG is a career 12ppg/6rpg player, give me a break, he's not worth anything near what he's going to get in free agency he needs to be traded ASAP.

How dare you? Don't you know he is just 22 and his stats are same as Kawhi and George at that age but he showed more and we should build around him? Now those people tell you that we need to trade Vuc so we can build around Fultz and Isaac.... Go figure.

Good knowing your own player, AG is 25yo :lol:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#66 » by zaymon » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:40 am

skywalker33 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:AG is a career 12ppg/6rpg player, give me a break, he's not worth anything near what he's going to get in free agency he needs to be traded ASAP.

How dare you? Don't you know he is just 22 and his stats are same as Kawhi and George at that age but he showed more and we should build around him? Now those people tell you that we need to trade Vuc so we can build around Fultz and Isaac.... Go figure.

Stranger in this town :p Its quite glaring pepe sarcasm.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,587

Post#67 » by Rainwater » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:13 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Must be new to the board, lol.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#68 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:28 pm

Wiggins + Oubre + Wiseman + Minny's 2021 Top-3 pick for Vucevic + Gordon + Fournier?
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#69 » by fendilim » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:36 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Wiggins + Oubre + Wiseman + Minny's 2021 Top-3 pick for Vucevic + Gordon + Fournier?

Do it and run
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,146

Post#70 » by Def Swami » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:32 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Wiggins + Oubre + Wiseman + Minny's 2021 Top-3 pick for Vucevic + Gordon + Fournier?

I'd do this.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,345

Post#71 » by Knightro » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:08 am

I feel like there's a zero percent chance Golden State would do this, but I certainly would.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#72 » by Skin » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:28 am

Knightro wrote:

I feel like there's a zero percent chance Golden State would do this, but I certainly would.

Yeah, I love this too.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#73 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:36 am

What if we took Minny's pick away?
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#74 » by Bensational » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:53 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:

What if we took Minny's pick away?

Then take the deal away because that’s the most valuable piece.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#75 » by Roy The Natural » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:11 am

Knightro wrote:

Yea... This isn't the return that Golden State would be looking for with Wiseman+Minny pick. They'd be looking at getting a legit all-star Beal level player.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#76 » by drsd » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:04 am

Skybox wrote:I do NOT understand this Rubio stuff at all except that MIN is ready to be rid of him and his deal...I'd take him back in a bigger deal but that's not a guy I'm hunting...I'd be happy to have him on roster, but that's it.

i) Orlando needs a PG (but an expiring one would be better than Rubio).
ii) A salary must match Gordon, and Rubio will be at the centre of that.
iii) it is the other assets game that determine the value of the return. In this instance "multiple other picks"; if that includes even a single FRP "eventually" from the baby-wolves, this is a good trade for Orlando.

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#77 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:17 pm

Knightro wrote:

Actually, how about this: Wiggins + Oubre + Paschall + Minny’s 2021 FRP for Gordon + Fournier + Bamba?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,715

Post#78 » by basketballRob » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:20 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Knightro wrote:

Actually, how about this: Wiggins + Oubre + Paschall + Minny’s 2021 FRP for Gordon + Fournier + Bamba?
I'd do it, because it would balance out our team more. I've also thought Fournier would flourish playing with Curry.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#79 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:06 pm

basketballRob wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Knightro wrote:

I'd do it, because it would balance out our team more. I've also thought Fournier would flourish playing with Curry.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Actually, GSW board is saying Gordon's not really that good, lol. So, taking the Minny Pick back and just straight trade with players involved. Yeah?
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#80 » by EasternMagic » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:58 pm

Three-way trade with Houston and Miami, sending Oladipo to Miami and AG to Houston and Tyler Herro to Orlando.

Return to Orlando Magic