ImageImageImageImage

Who wants Aaron Gordon?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Re: Who wants Aaron Gordon? 

Post#81 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:05 pm

EasternMagic wrote:Three-way trade with Houston and Miami, sending Oladipo to Miami and AG to Houston and Tyler Herro to Orlando.

This was my first thought.

Houston wants a pick for Dipo. Miami owes their pick to OKC.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#82 » by OrlandoNed » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:24 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
EasternMagic wrote:Three-way trade with Houston and Miami, sending Oladipo to Miami and AG to Houston and Tyler Herro to Orlando.

Everything I’ve read points to Miami really not wanting to give up Herro. In this very realistic trade scenario, I’d still be ok with getting Nunn and the Blazers and/or Bucks pick from Houston if Herro is off the table
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#83 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:59 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Everything I’ve read points to Miami really not wanting to give up Herro. In this very realistic trade scenario, I’d still be ok with getting Nunn and the Blazers and/or Bucks pick from Houston if Herro is off the table

Okay, so even if that is enough for Orlando and Miami how do you get Houston to bite?

Again, they want a first round pick. Miami can’t offer one this year or next. Orlando isn’t giving up a pick to get rid of Gordon.

So I don’t see a deal where Miami is the 3rd team.
colincb
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#84 » by colincb » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:33 am

drsd wrote:
Skybox wrote:Rubio trade assessmentt.

i) Orlando needs a PG (but an expiring one would be better than Rubio).
ii) A salary must match Gordon, and Rubio will be at the centre of that.
iii) it is the other assets game that determine the value of the return. In this instance "multiple other picks"; if that includes even a single FRP "eventually" from the baby-wolves, this is a good trade for Orlando.

What about BOS Smart + (SF) Nesmith or (SG) Langford for Gordon + MCW?

Works in the trade machine and keeps you under the tax.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,447

Post#85 » by Bensational » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:45 am

How many teams will have the cap space to just sign Oladipo outright? Weren’t Miami positioned to already have cap space for it? They would just wait and sign him without losing an asset in that case.

Unless they need his bird rights to be able to sign him to the amount he wants or something.

Only teams who might give up decent value for Oladipo are cap strapped playoff teams. Same market as Fournier.

Maybe the Raptors get involved with Powell and change?
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#86 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:27 am

Looks like the Heat have turned their attention towards Kyle Lowry.

I don’t see Dipo fitting their needs right now. Perhaps in the off-season as a free agent?
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#87 » by EasternMagic » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:05 am

colincb wrote:
drsd wrote:

iii) it is the other assets game that determine the value of the return. In this instance "multiple other picks"; if that includes even a single FRP "eventually" from the baby-wolves, this is a good trade for Orlando.

There've been many reports stating that Houston just wants AG really bad. So I'd assumee that's how you get Houston to bite... offer them AG and a way to get something for Oladipo...
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,633

Post#88 » by Rainwater » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:50 am

Knightro wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Wiggins + Oubre + Wiseman + Minny's 2021 Top-3 pick for Vucevic + Gordon + Fournier?

I feel like there's a zero percent chance Golden State would do this, but I certainly would.

Was just about to say that.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,918

Post#89 » by drsd » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:59 am

colincb wrote:What about BOS Smart + (SF) Nesmith or (SG) Langford for Gordon + MCW?

It is widely reported that a trade like this PLUS a first-round pick is what Orlando expects for just Gordon.. Add Carter-Williams and the probability of the low-isa pick from the Celts, then collectively I could see Orlando requiring one FRPs from Boston, and the right to a FRP-swap in one of the years 2022-2025.

drsd
RealGM

Post#90 » by drsd » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:02 pm

Bensational wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Wiggins + Oubre + Wiseman + Minny's 2021 Top-3 pick for Vucevic + Gordon + Fournier?

What if we took Minny's pick away?

Then take the deal away because that’s the most valuable piece.

What I find interesting about this is that I could see both management teams declining this trade. (Orlando would want two FRPs for a trade that included Vučević AND Gordon).

drsd
RealGM

Post#91 » by drsd » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:07 pm

Who wants Aaron Gordon?

I am amused by the Houston wants Gordon, but requires more assets for that to equal Oladipo. And the Magic reported to have no interest in Oladipo but requiring multiple assets to trade Gordon.

This would mean that the third team would need to find i) multiple assets to send to Orlando AND ii) an asset to send to Houston, to get a rental of Oladipo. This is worse than a rumor.

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,625

Post#92 » by Skybox » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:38 pm

colincb wrote:
drsd wrote:

That’s incredibly optimistic- BOS won’t include Smart in a Vuc trade, no chance for AG
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#93 » by The Effect » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:07 pm

i would do this in a heartbeat, and the rockets would do it...........Miami would hang up the phone and continue laughing for a few days

If we forget about the potential of Herro and decline of Dipo, just Going from 21 year old Herro on a rookie contract to soon to be 29 year old Oladipo and his 30m per year request is hilariously bad for them
colincb
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#94 » by colincb » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:06 pm

Skybox wrote:
colincb wrote:
drsd wrote:

That’s incredibly optimistic- BOS won’t include Smart in a Vuc trade, no chance for AG

I'm a Celtics fan. BOS has a roster construction problem like you do. BOS wouldn't give Smart for a Vuc trade because they'd still have to give a boatload of other assets for a 30yo all-star center. Celtics need a power forward who can play SF as needed more than they need a combo guard like Smart. You need a combo guard who can play defense more than you need a PF with Isaac on board and Fournier hitting FA.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#95 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Just updated.

Kinda surprised by AG to the Warriors.

No chance Vuc gets dealt. Boston doesn’t have the pieces we want unless they are ready to give up Brown — which I know they are not.
The Effect

Post#96 » by The Effect » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:08 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Just updated.

No chance Vuc gets dealt. Boston doesn’t have the pieces we want unless they are ready to give up Brown — which I know they are not.

Why? thats long been the most talked about possibility

Hes from the Bay Area and likely wants to go home, they have a similar player in draymon who is older and sucks, so Gordons role would already be defined, and the team can contend again very soon

Only problem would be making it work FOR US

i dont want oubre or draymon. Clearly wiseman wouldnt be involved (we dont need him and they wouldnt trade him). i seriously doubt they would consider including the Minn pick in any trade.
So what deal is there to be made?
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#97 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:10 am

The Effect wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Just updated.

Hes from the Bay Area and likely wants to go home, they have a similar player in draymon who is older and sucks, so Gordons role would already be defined, and the team can contend again very soon

i dont want oubre or draymon. Clearly wiseman wouldnt be involved (we dont need him and they wouldnt trade him). i seriously doubt they would consider including the Minn pick in any trade.

lol, yeah. That is the part I don’t understand. Orlando has to be interested as well. I fully understand why GS is onboard.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,359

Post#98 » by Knightro » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:43 am

Can't imagine the Warriors are willing to give up Wiseman or the Wolves pick for Gordon.

I would, however, be very interested in the Warriors first which currently slotted 14th and I'd take that unprotected for sure. I am also really intrigued by Jordan Poole.

Poole is quietly averaging 10.4 PPG on a near 50/40/90 at just 21 years old.

Some thoughts...

Wiggins + Poole + GSW 2021 1st for Gordon + Aminu + Bamba?

Oubre + Poole + GSW 2021 1st for Gordon + Bamba + ORL 2021 2nd?
The Effect

Post#99 » by The Effect » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:54 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
The Effect wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Just updated.

lol, yeah. That is the part I don’t understand. Orlando has to be interested as well. I fully understand why GS is onboard.

this is where we have to convince them that taking on wiggins contract is so bad that we need the Minn pick to offset

AG+aminu for Wiggins and Minn pick :lol:
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#100 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:57 am

The Effect wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
The Effect wrote:Why? thats long been the most talked about possibility

this is where we have to convince them that taking on wiggins contract is so bad that we need the Minn pick to offset

AG+aminu for Wiggins and Minn pick :lol:

If WeHam somehow turns this injury plagued season + AG into Cade + Suggs ... do we build a statue of them or simply accept their apology?

Return to Orlando Magic