ImageImageImageImage

Latest Magic Trade Rumors (Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,905

Latest Magic Trade Rumors (Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer) 

Post#1 » by Knightro » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:59 pm

25. Orlando Magic | PR: 29 ↑
Will the Magic pull the plug?
The Magic have some tough decisions to make in the coming weeks. They’re 13-23, second-worst record in the East, with the league’s third-worst net rating. Ranking them 25th might be generous, but that’s because they have some good players on their team that front offices want.

The Heat, Spurs, Celtics, and Hornets have all expressed significant interest in acquiring All-Star center Nikola Vucevic, league sources say. Vucevic, 30, is averaging 24.6 points and 3.7 assists while hitting 41.2 percent of his 3s and grabbing 11.6 rebounds per game. Front office executives around the league are skeptical that the Magic will end up pulling the trigger on a deal, though, given that Vucevic has two more seasons left on his contract; if they do, the price would be high.

The Magic are also receiving calls on two veterans in the backcourt, Terrence Ross and Evan Fournier. League sources say the Hornets are among teams to express interest in Fournier, while the Nuggets have inquired about Ross. Orlando will have options. It’s just a matter of whether teams pay up.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3/8/22319031/nba-power-rankings-midseason-brooklyn-nets
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Re: Latest Magic Trade Rumors (Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer) 

Post#2 » by The Effect » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:16 pm

Yes, please trade ross to the nuggets!

And get ANYTHING for fournier
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#3 » by The Real Dalic » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:27 pm

Do NOT trade Vuc to the Heat! Nothing would make me angrier than seeing him in a Heat jersey. Especially since I have a few Heat fan friends who I debated with about Vuc being better than Bam.

Anywhere else is fine though.

I want to see all of Gordon, Fournier, and Ross traded. But I still can't see this FO making a trade. They haven't made any big moves since coming down here. I'll have to see it to believe it.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,543

Post#4 » by yosemiteben » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:43 pm

Hornets fan here, this rumor made its way to our board. I have to wonder if our FO is mulling over trying to find a way to make a Rozier + Cody for Vuc + Fournier deal work and be appetizing for your FO. Gets your salary on a younger player (I wouldn't want to part with Rozier) and trade expirings. Salaries only like $100K off.

Not sure how much CLT would need to add to make it interesting for ORL.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,652

Post#5 » by orlando_joe » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:59 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Hornets fan here, this rumor made its way to our board. I have to wonder if our FO is mulling over trying to find a way to make a Rozier + Cody for Vuc + Fournier deal work and be appetizing for your FO. Gets your salary on a younger player (I wouldn't want to part with Rozier) and trade expirings. Salaries only like $100K off.

i dont see magic wanting rozier or cody no fit no need.....would take youth and picks
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#6 » by Bensational » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:09 pm

Vuc to the Spurs makes sense all around if the Spurs are prepared to give up some youth. Vassell, Keldon, Walker and White would all be interesting potential return assets. Vassell is the real prize.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#7 » by yosemiteben » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:24 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Hornets fan here, this rumor made its way to our board. I have to wonder if our FO is mulling over trying to find a way to make a Rozier + Cody for Vuc + Fournier deal work and be appetizing for your FO. Gets your salary on a younger player (I wouldn't want to part with Rozier) and trade expirings. Salaries only like $100K off.

i dont see magic wanting rozier or cody no fit no need.....would take youth and picks

Doesn't solve this issue, but what about switching out Hayward for Rozier? Doesn't fix the youth angle, but Hayward signed our offer sheet when Cliff was our coach so there is some history there, and have to think he would be seen as more valuable than Rozier to you folks.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,652

Post#8 » by orlando_joe » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:28 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:

Doesn't solve this issue, but what about switching out Hayward for Rozier? Doesn't fix the youth angle, but Hayward signed our offer sheet when Cliff was our coach so there is some history there, and have to think he would be seen as more valuable than Rozier to you folks.

if magic trade vuc i dont see doing it for older players at al... whats the point they would just keep him
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#9 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:40 pm

Bensational wrote:Vuc to the Spurs makes sense all around if the Spurs are prepared to give up some youth. Vassell, Keldon, Walker and White would all be interesting potential return assets. Vassell is the real prize.

I would be shocked if the Spurs traded Vassell.

His value is not represented by raw stats. Advanced stats showcase his impact to that team, especially defensively.

He is shooting about 40% from 3 and 86% from the line. They just aren’t including him in a lot of plays. That will change. Right now the entire momentum of the team defense changes for the better when he is on the court (and for the worse when he steps off).

This guy is off limits I can assure you.
The Effect

Post#10 » by The Effect » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:41 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:

If we are trading vuc, thats the signal that we are in a total rebuild, which means that guys like hayward are literally the exact opposite of what we would need. Hes older and on a HUGE long term contract....wheres the upside for us?
If we were trading with the hornets, im betting it would be something like this,
https://tradenba.com/trades/XS6sdY9kQ
Monk+washington+Zeller+1st for Vuc and filler (clark probably?)
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#11 » by yosemiteben » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:56 pm

Yeah, it's an interesting problem. The Hornets themselves are committed to youth because Ball seems to be cornerstone of this franchise, so we aren't going too win now when we have a 19 year old PG that we are building around. I don't think we'll be open to an all youth and picks package, which probably means you folks won't be interested in the end.

We kind of view Rozier as a youth piece since he's only 26, but he's certainly not a prospect like Bridges, Monk, or PJ.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,430

Post#12 » by DiplomaticMagic » Mon Mar 8, 2021 8:06 pm

I actually like San Antonio as a trade partner for vuc. Vassell and a pick and 1 more piece (player or pick) probably gets it done for me
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga
Bigfactsstackz
Pro Prospect
And1: 951

Post#13 » by Bigfactsstackz » Mon Mar 8, 2021 8:54 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:I actually like San Antonio as a trade partner for vuc. Vassell and a pick and 1 more piece (player or pick) probably gets it done for me

What would you want besides Vassell ? I’m not sure if Pop is up to trading his first lotto pick since Duncan so quickly..

Any interest in Walker ? I feel like he could brake out on the magic .. The pressure from playing under Pop and going to Orlando is a huge difference..

I feel like his biggest issue is confidence.
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,316

Post#14 » by jonbob17 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:02 pm

Bigfactsstackz wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:I actually like San Antonio as a trade partner for vuc. Vassell and a pick and 1 more piece (player or pick) probably gets it done for me

What would you want besides Vassell ? I’m not sure if Pop is up to trading his first lotto pick since Duncan so quickly..

Any interest in Walker ? I feel like he could brake out on the magic .. The pressure from playing under Pop and going to Orlando is a huge difference..

I feel like his biggest issue is confidence.

I feel like his biggest issue is that the only thing he does is score inefficiently. Can't pass can't defend.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#15 » by RookieStar » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:07 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Yeah, it's an interesting problem. The Hornets themselves are committed to youth because Ball seems to be cornerstone of this franchise, so we aren't going too win now when we have a 19 year old PG that we are building around. I don't think we'll be open to an all youth and picks package, which probably means you folks won't be interested in the end.

We kind of view Rozier as a youth piece since he's only 26, but he's certainly not a prospect like Bridges, Monk, or PJ.

If Ball is your franchise then getting Vuc would ensure he will average a trip-dub with assits or even threaten Skiles record of 30assits a game. Look at out chuck..errr... PGs. Thye just dump it to Vuc either in the mid,post or 3pt line and Vuc scores automatically. That's where they get a high assist rate.

However, as someone said, you gotta "pay to play" or something. Don't think we want Rozier cuz we have Fultz,Cole and hoepfully Cade(lol) for the Guard spots. A Hornets fan had the best offer from Realgm so far with Cody(cap), Monk, Miles and a FRP.
The Effect

Post#16 » by The Effect » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:25 pm

RookieStar wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Yeah, it's an interesting problem. The Hornets themselves are committed to youth because Ball seems to be cornerstone of this franchise, so we aren't going too win now when we have a 19 year old PG that we are building around. I don't think we'll be open to an all youth and picks package, which probably means you folks won't be interested in the end.

If Ball is your franchise then getting Vuc would ensure he will average a trip-dub with assits or even threaten Skiles record of 30assits a game. Look at out chuck..errr... PGs. Thye just dump it to Vuc either in the mid,post or 3pt line and Vuc scores automatically. That's where they get a high assist rate.

However, as someone said, you gotta "pay to play" or something. Don't think we want Rozier cuz we have Fultz,Cole and hoepfully Cade(lol) for the Guard spots. A Hornets fan had the best offer from Realgm so far with Cody(cap), Monk, Miles and a FRP.

Id do that
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#17 » by RookieStar » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:25 pm

Ross to DEN? Wonder what they are offering?
The Effect

Post#18 » by The Effect » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:40 pm

RookieStar wrote:Ross to DEN? Wonder what they are offering?

Whatever it is, im in

1st round pick and cap filler sounds good to me
Gary Harris, who im not a big fan of, but still count me in
AG+TRoss for MPJ and filler, yup in
Tross for Bol Bol and filler, where do i sign
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#19 » by RookieStar » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:48 pm

The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Ross to DEN? Wonder what they are offering?

Whatever it is, im in

1st round pick and cap filler sounds good to me
Gary Harris, who im not a big fan of, but still count me in
AG+TRoss for MPJ and filler, yup in
Tross for Bol Bol and filler, where do i sign

Im all for the first 3..but Bolbol and fillers? lol are we just dumping Ross then?
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#20 » by yosemiteben » Mon Mar 8, 2021 10:01 pm

The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Id do that

Our FO is notoriously tight lipped so no one has a great sense of what we're trying to do. I just have a hard time believing that, because our 19 year old draft pick turned out to be a game changer, that means we're sending out youth and picks to accelerate our timeline. It very much might be the case - signing Hayward this summer was a major head scratcher for that reason. But with that said, Ball is going to be here a long time and sending out youth for vets, even ballers like Vuc, is a significant shift in strategy and competitive timeline. I think everything turns on our franchise's strategy, which is the big unknown and we're currently very much straddling the line of winning now and building for the future.

As a bit of a pivot, what would you folks think about a non-Vuc trade of Cody Zeller and Devonte Graham for Fournier and Bamba?

Return to Orlando Magic