ImageImageImageImage

Latest Magic Trade Rumors (Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: Latest Magic Trade Rumors (Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer) 

Post#141 » by Skin » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:27 pm

Knightro wrote:Embiid is miles ahead of Vucevic as a defender and by any metric is considering a plus defender at the C spot.

Jokic and Vucevic are more similar as defenders, but Jokic has such a unicorn game offensively that it's really impossible and unfair to compare anyone to him on that end of the floor.

Couldn't have said it better.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#142 » by Skin » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:29 pm

RookieStar wrote:Anyhoo.. latest WT says Vuc is happy where he is. Smokescreen or we keeping him longterm? lol

His agent has been relaying info to him that the Magic are shopping him. :wink:
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#143 » by Skin » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:34 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
Knightro wrote:
1. He's not the kind of player a non-contender would look to acquire. He's a win-now piece. That eliminates a good 10 teams right off the bat.

2. He makes a lot of money and most contenders who would be interested in acquiring him (a few exceptions like Boston with their TPE) would almost certainly have to give up at least one and maybe two rotation pieces to acquire Vucevic.

3. Fair or unfair most teams who are based around star guards or star wings prefer their big men to be strong defenders, which Vucevic is not.

1. Win now teams should have enough talent to flip back to us in an even trade.

2. Money shouldn't be an issue. ie.Everyone wants Beal. Teams would gladly combine contracts to make it happen.

3. Most teams? Only the Magic and the Wolves are trying to build a team around an offensive Center who doesn't possess strong defensive skills. It simply doesn't work. It's beyond proven. But you're right about that being a reason on why Vuc has low trade value.

Never heard of that Jokic guy? Maybe if you watched some western conference finals last year you would. you were probably too busy watching Elfrid Payton mixtapes.

I wanted Lavine and was a huge Elf hater here so I don't know if you're confusing me with someone else.

I stuck for AG for a good while until he reached his limit and showed he had no more growth in him. He taught me that no matter how much god given talent you have that you still need to have an aggressive mindset to be an attacker and in his case he's just too soft.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,924

Post#144 » by MagicMatic » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:00 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
Knightro wrote:
1. He's not the kind of player a non-contender would look to acquire. He's a win-now piece. That eliminates a good 10 teams right off the bat.

2. He makes a lot of money and most contenders who would be interested in acquiring him (a few exceptions like Boston with their TPE) would almost certainly have to give up at least one and maybe two rotation pieces to acquire Vucevic.

3. Fair or unfair most teams who are based around star guards or star wings prefer their big men to be strong defenders, which Vucevic is not.

1. Win now teams should have enough talent to flip back to us in an even trade.

2. Money shouldn't be an issue. ie.Everyone wants Beal. Teams would gladly combine contracts to make it happen.

3. Most teams? Only the Magic and the Wolves are trying to build a team around an offensive Center who doesn't possess strong defensive skills. It simply doesn't work. It's beyond proven. But you're right about that being a reason on why Vuc has low trade value.

Never heard of that Jokic guy? Maybe if you watched some western conference finals last year you would. you were probably too busy watching Elfrid Payton mixtapes.

Jokic is the only example people have to defend this viewpoint. Even then, he couldn’t be in a better situation surrounded by guys that can shoot the basketball and also create for themselves. Jokic is a great Center in an ideal situation with his skill set. He’s also a complete anomaly compared to his counterparts, so it’s not really a valid example to refute his claim.

Doesn’t make his statement less true considering it’s the exception and not the rule. So 29/30 teams? Cool.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#145 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:00 pm

Vucevic isn't going anywhere, let's end the talk now before a lot of people in hear end up severely disappointed.

I just hope we do something with Fournier/Birch. I love the different iterations of Fournier to Denver (coincidentally that's where we originally nabbed him) in a similar scenario where we sent our vet (Affalo) for a younger prospect (hopefully this time its Hampton).

I expect Gordon to be moved in the off-season (no real reason to move him now).

Terrence is a culture guy so dont expect him to be moved so easily.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,819

Post#146 » by RookieStar » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:23 pm

Skin wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Anyhoo.. latest WT says Vuc is happy where he is. Smokescreen or we keeping him longterm? lol

His agent has been relaying info to him that the Magic are shopping him. :wink:

Wait.. So Vuc is saying to management " Don't trade me please" 8-) 8-) 8-)
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#147 » by RookieStar » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:26 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Vucevic isn't going anywhere, let's end the talk now before a lot of people in hear end up severely disappointed.

I just hope we do something with Fournier/Birch. I love the different iterations of Fournier to Denver (coincidentally that's where we originally nabbed him) in a similar scenario where we sent our vet (Affalo) for a younger prospect (hopefully this time its Hampton).

I expect Gordon to be moved in the off-season (no real reason to move him now).

Terrence is a culture guy so dont expect him to be moved so easily.

Agree.. whatever side of the fence you are on, management is treating Vuc as employee of the decade or something so let's concentrate on those that are more "reported" to be on the move.

That doesn't mean Im treating Vuc as a franchise star talent on our team. He can and should be moved for the right price, not these laughable offers Ive been reading about. We aren't moving him like Dwight where we were on a deadline and have to make a move. This is different. Some of you have PTSD of dwightmare?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#148 » by pepe1991 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:07 pm

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:1. Win now teams should have enough talent to flip back to us in an even trade.

I wanted Lavine and was a huge Elf hater here so I don't know if you're confusing me with someone else.

I stuck for AG for a good while until he reached his limit and showed he had no more growth in him. He taught me that no matter how much god given talent you have that you still need to have an aggressive mindset to be an attacker and in his case he's just too soft.

See in your notifications what you were saying back in 2017, i won't copy past it there, and it was me talking how we should take Fox... :roll:

Gordon's issue wasn't mindset, it was lack of talent. As it always with with players that don't have star potential. Very few of them just "fail" due mental reasons. And when they do, that mental reason is almost always -not give a flying f*** due having too much money and nothing else motivates them... wink wink Wiggins.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,716

Post#149 » by basketballRob » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:12 pm

If we don't win next season with Vuc, that'll be a whole decade of losing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#150 » by pepe1991 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:38 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:1. Win now teams should have enough talent to flip back to us in an even trade.

Jokic is the only example people have to defend this viewpoint. Even then, he couldn’t be in a better situation surrounded by guys that can shoot the basketball and also create for themselves. Jokic is a great Center in an ideal situation with his skill set. He’s also a complete anomaly compared to his counterparts, so it’s not really a valid example to refute his claim.

Doesn’t make his statement less true considering it’s the exception and not the rule. So 29/30 teams? Cool.

Jokić also sucks on defense but nobody will ever bring that up because it devalues and debunks their own bias, right?

Joel Embiid is according to some media, front runner to win MVP, Jokic is in top 5.

Gobert is front runner for DPOY.

And you are backtracking claims you had in previous years where you claimed centers are thing of a past to now "teams are not built around offensive minded center"... except Jokic, witch you need extra 20 words to backtrack your point and mumble around because you can't explain your own claim without sounding silly.

ofc you won't mention Sabonis, Randle or how whole league is looking at T wolves to snatch Towns for them.

NBA is and always will be TALENT driven league, regardless is that talent PG, SG, SF, PF or C or whoever you wanna define positions. There are positions that are flat out more valuable, if everything is equal best SF has more value than C, but you are not taking 8th best PG over THE best center just because "centers don't matter" , you are not taking Mike Conley over Embiid, you are not taking Sexston over Jokic. That's just silly talk.

Most of the time you don't have chance to cherrypick what position your star player you want to be, you are happy to have at least one.

Doesn’t make his statement less true considering it’s the exception and not the rule. So 29/30 teams? Cool

It makes it flat out false. Minessota, Indiana, Orlando Magic, Denver Nuggets, 76ers , NY Knicks are actually running offense THROUGH their bigs. So, 20% league. But in reality, 100% of teams are running offense through best offensive player they have, not through position they deem to be" important" if they don't have player that can qualify for do what elite players at his position are asked.

I can tell you how easy it is to pick apart your reverse logic and attemp to manipulate statments.

How many nba teams run offense through playmaker?,Grizzlies, Warriors, Mavs, Blazers, Nets,Hawks, Cavs.
7. That is ONE team more than that teams that run through big. Does that make argument that you tried to insert true " Doesn't make your statment less true cosidering it's exception ...." since 23 of 30 don't actually run offense through playmaker?
Or i could go even further, yelling how 76,67% of nba is NOT runned through playmaker and how it's most unimportant nba position since there has been ZEROOOO finals MVPs that were PG since 2007. Or i can take another step and make claim how in last 22 years Tim Duncan at CENTER position won more Finals MVP than all PLAYMAKERS TOGETHER?
Or how Dirk, being PF, won more finals MVPs than all playmakers together in last 10 years?

MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#151 » by MagicMatic » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:55 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Jokić also sucks on defense but nobody will ever bring that up because it devalues and debunks their own bias, right?

Joel Embiid is according to some media, front runner to win MVP, Jokic is in top 5.

And you are backtracking claims you had in previous years where you claimed centers are thing of a past to now "teams are not built around offensive minded center"... except Jokic, witch you need extra 20 words to backtrack your point and mumble around because you can't explain your own claim without sounding silly.

ofc you won't mention Sabonis, Randle or how whole league is looking at T wolves to snatch Towns for them.

NBA is and always will be TALENT driven league, regardless is that talent PG, SG, SF, PF or C or whoever you wanna define positions. There are positions that are flat out more valuable, if everything is equal best SF has more value than C, but you are not taking 8th best PG over THE best center just because "centers don't matter" , you are not taking Mike Conley over Embiid, you are not taking Sexston over Jokic. That's just silly talk.

Most of the time you don't have chance to cherrypick what position your star player you want to be, you are happy to have at least one.

Doesn’t make his statement less true considering it’s the exception and not the rule. So 29/30 teams? Cool

It makes it flat out false. Minessota, Indiana, Orlando Magic, Denver Nuggets, 76ers , NY Knicks are actually running offense THROUGH their bigs. So, 20% league. But in reality, 100% of teams are running offense through best offensive player they have, not through position they deem to be" important" if they don't have player that can qualify for do what elite players at his position are asked.

I can tell you how easy it is to pick apart your reverse logic and attemp to manipulate statments.

How many nba teams run offense through playmaker?,Grizzlies, Warriors, Mavs, Blazers, Nets,Hawks, Cavs.
7. That is ONE team more than that teams that run through big. Does that make argument that you tried to insert true " Doesn't make your statment less true cosidering it's exception ...." since 23 of 30 don't actually run offense through playmaker?
Or i could go even further, yelling how 76,67% of nba is NOT runned through playmaker and how it's most unimportant nba position since there has been ZEROOOO finals MVPs that were PG since 2007. Or i can take another step and make claim how in last 22 years Tim Duncan at CENTER position won more Finals MVP than all PLAYMAKERS TOGETHER?
Or how Dirk, being PF, won more finals MVPs than all playmakers together in last 10 years?

Pepe you move goalposts so often it’s almost pointless to reply to you.

“ Only the Magic and the Wolves are trying to build a team around an offensive Center who doesn't possess strong defensive skills. It simply doesn't work. It's beyond proven. But you're right about that being a reason on why Vuc has low trade value.”

That statement doesn’t include Embiid or Gobert because it doesn’t apply to them.

Why do you always claim I’m backtracking? I’ve been 100% consistent with my views on this over YEARS. True Centers are a thing of the past and you don’t need to spend big money, or high draft picks, on them to build a capable team to compete. Period. No essay that you write about Vucevic will change my mind on that.

Funny how you keep continually using Embiid and Jokic as your examples for “Centers being highly valued on offense”.. that’s where the list ends. Good call out on Sabonis and Randle. Two great examples of productive bigs on teams that are going nowhere fast.

And to your last statement... yes that’s why I said PAST, i.e. things that happened in the past. You yourself always bitch about the game being played with scores ending in 130-140, so it’s just reality. Are you saying that it’s not the case? Which is it? Do you even know what you are arguing about anymore? Lol.

By the way you never answered my question. Where did you live in the greater Orlando area?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#152 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:23 am

I won't mind Vooch retiring a Magician. Hopefully, they find a way to win with him before he retires.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#153 » by pepe1991 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:29 am

MagicMatic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

“ [b]Only the Magic and the Wolves are trying to build a team around an offensive Center who doesn't possess strong defensive skills. It simply doesn't work. It's beyond proven. But you're right about that being a reason on why Vuc has low trade value.”
This is hilarious part. You leave Denver on purpose because Jokić makes you look dumb as bricks for saying tihs. But i won't let it go. Pepe <3
[/b]That statement doesn’t include Embiid or Gobert because it doesn’t apply to them.

Why do you always claim I’m backtracking? I’ve been 100% consistent with my views on this over YEARS. True Centers are a thing of the past and you don’t need to spend big money, or high draft picks, on them to build a capable team to compete. Period. No essay that you write about Vucevic will change my mind on that.

Funny how you keep continually using Embiid and Jokic as your examples for “Centers being highly valued on offense”.. that’s where the list ends. Good call out on Sabonis and Randle. Two great examples of productive bigs on teams that are going nowhere fast.

And to your last statement... yes that’s why I said PAST, i.e. things that happened in the past. You yourself always bitch about the game being played with scores ending in 130-140, so it’s just reality. Are you saying that it’s not the case? Which is it? Do you even know what you are arguing about anymore? Lol.

By the way you never answered my question. Where did you live in the greater Orlando area?

Two great examples of productive bigs on teams that are going nowhere fast.

Pacers going nowhere by being 4th seed last year, just having injuries of their key players like Warren and literally Levert has kidney cancer? :banghead:

Knicks going nowhere? After years of sucking they are currently 5th in standings

:rofl:

Well, that was sad, even for you.

"Other than Jokić and Embiid"
Embiid- liteally the best player on THE BEST RANKED TEAM ON EAST
Jokic- literally the best player on the team that went to WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS FEW MONTHS AGO.

Why do you always claim I’m backtracking? I’ve been 100% consistent with my views on this over YEARS. True Centers are a thing of the past and you don’t need to spend big money, or high draft picks, on them to build a capable team to compete. Period.

It's all fine, we all know you are wrong for years. Period. Now be good boy and pad yourself on a back one more time :clap:

Btw do you know why Lakers suck without Davis ? Defense, nah, the best defense in nba. They miss his offense. Sheesh. They miss OFFENSE OF A big. Impossible, according to you, right? SInce you well established centers on offense = no good.

Hilarious. just hilarious. It's amazing how blinded you are when it comes to reality. Jokić plays no defense, he is better than vast majority of point guards and more valuable than most SFs because he is more talented than them. Tlanet> everything else. But you can't let your bias go.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#154 » by MasterGMer » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:30 am

MagicMatic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

“ Only the Magic and the Wolves are trying to build a team around an offensive Center who doesn't possess strong defensive skills. It simply doesn't work. It's beyond proven. But you're right about that being a reason on why Vuc has low trade value.”

That statement doesn’t include Embiid or Gobert because it doesn’t apply to them.

I agree with Pepe. It is a talent driven league. I do not care if you are a center or SG. Position is mostly matchup nowadays. And Matchups are merely size.

That is the exact reason we see players like Jokic and others flourishing in the league. Because they have talent. Not position
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#155 » by MagicMatic » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:41 am

MasterGMer wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I agree with Pepe. It is a talent driven league. I do not care if you are a center or SG. Position is mostly matchup nowadays. And Matchups are merely size.

That is the exact reason we see players like Jokic and others flourishing in the league. Because they have talent. Not position

Who are these others. Name another Center on a team flourishing offensively other than Jokic and Embiid.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#156 » by pepe1991 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:45 am

Whole Vuc trade comes down to being logical with it

1) we are getting high pick due fact 4 of 5 starters have been hurt and at least 2 of them won't return this year
2) he is 30 years old vet on decent but not small contract, Magic working on limited salary can't really take salary dump for him nor take many bodies
3) without Vuc, this team is bound to suck for next few years -at least
4) being only allstar ever that didn't leave, nor potted and pushed his path away from a team
5) trading him would be terrible PR (see Celtics and why most free agents don't like them after IT fiasco )
6) he is not hurting anybody with his existence , no young talented C waiting to get a starting job
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#157 » by MagicMatic » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:46 am

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

“ [b]Only the Magic and the Wolves are trying to build a team around an offensive Center who doesn't possess strong defensive skills. It simply doesn't work. It's beyond proven. But you're right about that being a reason on why Vuc has low trade value.”
This is hilarious part. You leave Denver on purpose because Jokić makes you look dumb as bricks for saying tihs. But i won't let it go. Pepe <3
[/b]That statement doesn’t include Embiid or Gobert because it doesn’t apply to them.

Two great examples of productive bigs on teams that are going nowhere fast.

Pacers going nowhere by being 4th seed last year, just having injuries of their key players like Warren and literally Levert has kidney cancer? :banghead:

Knicks going nowhere? After years of sucking they are currently 5th in standings

:rofl:

Well, that was sad, even for you.

"Other than Jokić and Embiid"
Embiid- liteally the best player on THE BEST RANKED TEAM ON EAST
Jokic- literally the best player on the team that went to WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS FEW MONTHS AGO.

Why do you always claim I’m backtracking? I’ve been 100% consistent with my views on this over YEARS. True Centers are a thing of the past and you don’t need to spend big money, or high draft picks, on them to build a capable team to compete. Period.

It's all fine, we all know you are wrong for years. Period. Now be good boy and pad yourself on a back one more time :clap:

Btw do you know why Lakers suck without Davis ? Defense, nah, the best defense in nba. They miss his offense. Sheesh. They miss OFFENSE OF A big. Impossible, according to you, right? SInce you well established centers on offense = no good.

Hilarious. just hilarious. It's amazing how blinded you are when it comes to reality. Jokić plays no defense, he is better than vast majority of point guards and more valuable than most SFs because he is more talented than them. Tlanet> everything else. But you can't let your bias go.

Again,CENTERS....

We’ve established Embiid and Jokic. Embiid plays defense which means he isn’t part of the original argument..

Answer my question. Where did you live.

I smell bias.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#158 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:53 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

if anything it's interesting timing which would mean Magic are taking calls on him. also somewhat of an open ended question of " Do you wish you played for a contender" What's he going to say I hate playing with these G League players this FO has put me with outside of Fultz Isaac AG and TRoss

They should be
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,404

Post#159 » by Bensational » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:54 am

I like that Payton’s name keeps getting brought up as a source of failure when he’s a starting PG on a team in playoff contention and we’re at the bottom of the conference. Even at top form we’re still only as good as NYK has been this season.

So many players have been labeled the source of failure on this franchise before. Harris wasn’t good enough and was a defensive liability. Oladipo didn’t have the extra gear to get to the next level. Payton sucked. Gordon sucks. Fultz sucks.

But here we are, at the bottom of the standings with an all star reserve leading the way with a standard of game that can’t be questioned even if he hasn’t managed to lead the team beyond two playoff victories in 2 years, one of which he was completely absent for.

Yep, we’ve been killing it since we dropped all those losers who are now a part of better teams than us (or recently were).
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#160 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:59 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

if anything it's interesting timing which would mean Magic are taking calls on him. also somewhat of an open ended question of " Do you wish you played for a contender" What's he going to say I hate playing with these G League players this FO has put me with outside of Fultz Isaac AG and TRoss

They should be

Yup they should answer the phones. No one right now is untouchable. However doesnt mean they have to accept lowball offers.

Return to Orlando Magic