ImageImageImageImage

Latest Magic Trade Rumors (Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,475

Re: Latest Magic Trade Rumors (Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer) 

Post#21 » by Bensational » Mon Mar 8, 2021 10:13 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
Bensational wrote:Vuc to the Spurs makes sense all around if the Spurs are prepared to give up some youth. Vassell, Keldon, Walker and White would all be interesting potential return assets. Vassell is the real prize.

I would be shocked if the Spurs traded Vassell.

His value is not represented by raw stats. Advanced stats showcase his impact to that team, especially defensively.

He is shooting about 40% from 3 and 86% from the line. They just aren’t including him in a lot of plays. That will change. Right now the entire momentum of the team defense changes for the better when he is on the court (and for the worse when he steps off).

This guy is off limits I can assure you.

Yeah I can see the value in Vassell. I’m just hoping that if the Spurs are adding Vuc then they’re looking to exchange some youth for the instant upgrade. Vuc/Aldridge/DeRozan/White/Murray could be pretty potent.

They can have Fournier and Gordon as well if they want. I just want Vassell for the long term on this team.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,844

Post#22 » by RookieStar » Mon Mar 8, 2021 10:27 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
If Ball is your franchise then getting Vuc would ensure he will average a trip-dub with assits or even threaten Skiles record of 30assits a game. Look at out chuck..errr... PGs. Thye just dump it to Vuc either in the mid,post or 3pt line and Vuc scores automatically. That's where they get a high assist rate.

However, as someone said, you gotta "pay to play" or something. Don't think we want Rozier cuz we have Fultz,Cole and hoepfully Cade(lol) for the Guard spots. A Hornets fan had the best offer from Realgm so far with Cody(cap), Monk, Miles and a FRP.

Id do that

Our FO is notoriously tight lipped so no one has a great sense of what we're trying to do. I just have a hard time believing that, because our 19 year old draft pick turned out to be a game changer, that means we're sending out youth and picks to accelerate our timeline. It very much might be the case - signing Hayward this summer was a major head scratcher for that reason. But with that said, Ball is going to be here a long time and sending out youth for vets, even ballers like Vuc, is a significant shift in strategy and competitive timeline. I think everything turns on our franchise's strategy, which is the big unknown and we're currently very much straddling the line of winning now and building for the future.

As a bit of a pivot, what would you folks think about a non-Vuc trade of Cody Zeller and Devonte Graham for Fournier and Bamba?

Congrats and welcome to the club. We've been dealing with that for years now. We always scratch our heads when they do something..anything.

Also, I think your FO is trying to accelerate your timeline? Realistically speaking I think everyone in the EAST is just waiting 2 years down when BKN is gonna fall off their timeline. Age,injury,chemistry? Who knows really. Then I think everyone is gambling that Giannis wouldn't get help and everything is up in the air. Could it be a rejuvenated MIA? An up and coming NY? A reloaded and better fit ATL? I think your FO is hoping to be in that mix. Same with us. Thus, they need a better frontcourt player than what you have now. You already have a scoring guard in Rozier, a scoring wing in Hayward and all you lack is a scoring Big for Ball to distribute.

For the record though, Im not one of those wanting to trade Vuc unless I get blown out by the offers.

P.S. Cody and Graham for Evan and Bamba? I think Bamba is the sweetener for a deal we really want. So I dunno about adding him for Cap and Graham(???)
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#23 » by The Effect » Mon Mar 8, 2021 10:40 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
If Ball is your franchise then getting Vuc would ensure he will average a trip-dub with assits or even threaten Skiles record of 30assits a game. Look at out chuck..errr... PGs. Thye just dump it to Vuc either in the mid,post or 3pt line and Vuc scores automatically. That's where they get a high assist rate.

However, as someone said, you gotta "pay to play" or something. Don't think we want Rozier cuz we have Fultz,Cole and hoepfully Cade(lol) for the Guard spots. A Hornets fan had the best offer from Realgm so far with Cody(cap), Monk, Miles and a FRP.

Id do that

Our FO is notoriously tight lipped so no one has a great sense of what we're trying to do. I just have a hard time believing that, because our 19 year old draft pick turned out to be a game changer, that means we're sending out youth and picks to accelerate our timeline. It very much might be the case - signing Hayward this summer was a major head scratcher for that reason. But with that said, Ball is going to be here a long time and sending out youth for vets, even ballers like Vuc, is a significant shift in strategy and competitive timeline. I think everything turns on our franchise's strategy, which is the big unknown and we're currently very much straddling the line of winning now and building for the future.

As a bit of a pivot, what would you folks think about a non-Vuc trade of Cody Zeller and Devonte Graham for Fournier and Bamba?

I really like grahams game, and i dont know if its actually the case or just small sample size, but he seems to play with alot of fire\chip on his shoulder, very similar to Cole Anthony

My problem with that trade is that we just added Anthony and just re-signed Fultz, so a 3rd PG wouldnt be ideal
Plus, if we seriously trade vuc, we better be keeping Mo and making him the starter. If we trade both and start birch or zeller, i might end being one of those guys on youtube who punches the tv and breaks it
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#24 » by The Effect » Mon Mar 8, 2021 10:44 pm

RookieStar wrote:
The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Ross to DEN? Wonder what they are offering?

Whatever it is, im in

1st round pick and cap filler sounds good to me
Gary Harris, who im not a big fan of, but still count me in
AG+TRoss for MPJ and filler, yup in
Tross for Bol Bol and filler, where do i sign

Im all for the first 3..but Bolbol and fillers? lol are we just dumping Ross then?

Sure
i didnt want us to re-sign him and think hes a waste here. Hes a super streaky chucker who will win or lose you the games by himself, and hes not good enough to make us a contender, but is good enough to win us enough games to keep us out of top 5 of the lotto

To me trading him, even if its for nothing, is an investment in being bad enough to get a stud in the draft

Also, i dont think hes a winning player, so wouldnt even care about keeping him long term for when (more like IF) we're good
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,940

Post#25 » by drsd » Mon Mar 8, 2021 11:04 pm

I can see this play out:
Let Fournier, Ennis, and Birch simply expire. And trade Gordon in the off-season when there is more value.

In that, I almost expect no trade at all. It would be a sad outcome for the season, but it makes sense.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,032

Post#26 » by MagicMatic » Mon Mar 8, 2021 11:12 pm

drsd wrote:I can see this play out:
Let Fournier, Ennis, and Birch simply expire. And trade Gordon in the off-season when there is more value.

In that, I almost expect no trade at all. It would be a sad outcome for the season, but it makes sense.

What a very accurate outcome from this front office. Seems expected.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,667

Post#27 » by Howard Mass » Mon Mar 8, 2021 11:52 pm

We are going to hearing a lot of Trade Rumors over the next 1 1/2 weeks.

I definitely think something will happen with The Magic.

My feeling is Evan Fournier will be moved along with Khem Birch. We could see some more moves too but I think Nikola Vucevic and Terrence Ross are staying put.

Aaron Gordon is the real wildcard here.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#28 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Mar 9, 2021 12:11 am

Once again the rest of the league will be left scratching their heads because we didn't trade anyone.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,032

Post#29 » by MagicMatic » Tue Mar 9, 2021 12:19 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaa66vf6

You could switch Keldon for Lonnie or White. They could also throw in their first considering it won’t likely be high lotto.

Expiring 24m in cap (Aldridge contract)
Taking on Aminu’s contract
Vassell (2020 #11 frp)
2021 frp (currently projected #20)
and one of Keldon, Lonnie, or D. White

For

Vucevic
Aminu

Do they hang up the phone laughing or are we getting robbed?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#30 » by RookieStar » Tue Mar 9, 2021 12:23 am

Howard Mass wrote:We are going to hearing a lot of Trade Rumors over the next 1 1/2 weeks.

My feeling is Evan Fournier will be moved along with Khem Birch. We could see some more moves too but I think Nikola Vucevic and Terrence Ross are staying put.

I think AG and Evan getting moved is the expectation. Ross getting moved? Thats the real wildcard move.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,966

Post#31 » by Xatticus » Tue Mar 9, 2021 12:45 am

I hope this is an indication that our front office is trying to create a market for Vucevic, though I'm skeptical. This almost certainly didn't come from those teams, so I'd expect it is from our front office or from Vucevic's camp. I just don't think our front office has the stones to be this proactive. They've been exceedingly conservative and they are entering a contract year. I just find it tough to believe that they'd choose this time to alter course, though perhaps they are feeling a bit of pressure after this season has gone pear-shaped.

The Spurs would probably love to turn Aldridge's corpse into something useful before his contract expires. If you could get any of White, Johnson, Vassell, or Murray, you take it and run with it, but I'd expect the Spurs would just want to attach something like Walker and a 1st to Aldridge. I suppose that's fine to get out from under Vuc's deal, but those are low-value assets.

Charlotte would probably like to get out from under Rozier's deal. There is no sense whatsoever in them paying both Graham and Rozier now that Ball is the future. I can't imagine they want to part with Hayward for Vucevic. Hayward is the better player and even though his contract is scary, they just signed him this offseason and things have gone swimmingly thus far.

Miami has plenty of bad money and the Giannis sweepstakes ended before they got started. They have to figure out a way to get better fast or they have to be prepared to move on from Butler. They don't have much I like. They aren't parting with Herro or Adebayo. They'd probably like the turn Olynyk, Leonard, Dragic, or Iguodala into something else, but all they have to attach is Achiuwa, Nunn, and some sketchy prospects/picks. Nunn could replace Ross or Fournier, but he is due for a payday.

As for Boston, I just hope they are getting desperate. They need frontcourt help. I think Gordon is the better fit for them though. I'd happily take back Thompson and some prospects for Vucevic. Thompson will win you extra possessions on the glass and he has a reasonable deal through next year. You could flip him later. We haven't seen enough from Langford or Nesmith to know what they are at this point, but they are certainly worth flyers. I also wouldn't mind snagging Williams. He could be so good if you could teach him good habits and to move his feet.

Ross to Denver is interesting. They certainly have some intriguing pieces. I wouldn't mind seeing Ross go their way if we could get a prospect out of it. I'd take Harris' contract back if it netted us some more value.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,667

Post#32 » by Howard Mass » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:11 am

RookieStar wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:We are going to hearing a lot of Trade Rumors over the next 1 1/2 weeks.

I think AG and Evan getting moved is the expectation. Ross getting moved? Thats the real wildcard move.

Maybe but I'd keep Ross.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#33 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:17 am

Ross wouldn't get much in return.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#34 » by RookieStar » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:20 am

Howard Mass wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Maybe but I'd keep Ross.

Same... Id move on him only if he himself requests tombe traded to a contender or if he hinders the development of our rookies in Okeke and Cole. Otherwise Im all for keeping him.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,119

Post#35 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:35 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Ross wouldn't get much in return.

His highest value was expiring contract
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#36 » by UCF » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:40 am

Howard Mass wrote:...
My feeling is Evan Fournier will be moved along with Khem Birch.

Trading Birch imo might be the most important move they make this season. The franchise needs to play Bamba. Trading Birch would clear some playing time to determine if he is the plans for the future or not.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#37 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:10 am

MagicMatic wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaa66vf6

You could switch Keldon for Lonnie or White. They could also throw in their first considering it won’t likely be high lotto.

Expiring 24m in cap (Aldridge contract)
Taking on Aminu’s contract
Vassell (2020 #11 frp)
2021 frp (currently projected #20)
and one of Keldon, Lonnie, or D. White

For

Vucevic
Aminu

Do they hang up the phone laughing or are we getting robbed?
Creative to send Aminu. Would clear up PT next season (assuming AG is still with us).

I doubt they send 2 young wings though. Especially is Vassell is being used.

I propose:
Gay (to 3rd team)
Poeltl (can still push Mo but capable backup - if Mo can't beat him for starter role, we see what Mo is and move on)
Vassell
1st round pick

For:

Vuc + Ennis (or Bacon)?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,736

Post#38 » by basketballRob » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:18 am

I'd trade Vuc and Gary Clark for Aldridge and Vassell. Not sure they want Vuc bad enough to give up Vassell tho. Without Vuc, Clark, and Fournier, we'd have a ton of cap space.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Post#39 » by tiderulz » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:43 am

Xatticus wrote:
Charlotte would probably like to get out from under Rozier's deal. There is no sense whatsoever in them paying both Graham and Rozier now that Ball is the future. I can't imagine they want to part with Hayward for Vucevic. Hayward is the better player and even though his contract is scary, they just signed him this offseason and things have gone swimmingly thus far.

I think Charlotte is fine with Rozier. he is scoring and doing so much more efficiently than in Boston.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,384

Post#40 » by Knightro » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:57 am

Devonte Graham is having an interesting season.

His stats are way down across the board, only a .503 TS% with negative OBPM and DBPM.

But the Hornets have been SIGNIFICANTLY better with him on the court than off, especially compared to Rozier. Graham has the best NET on Charlotte by a mile and he's 14th in the entire NBA in Real Plus Minus, 1st among point guards.

Return to Orlando Magic