ImageImageImageImage

Latest Magic Trade Rumors (Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: Latest Magic Trade Rumors (Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer) 

Post#61 » by MoMM » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:45 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:I’m trying to wrap my head around some of these deals for Vuc. We got one all star. We suck anyways but some of y’all want to give up that one all star for some bench players so we can continue to suck and hopefully land a future all star in draft instead of just adding that potential future all star with the one all star we already have?!

Magic are just good enough to draft outside of that possible all star range.

What? We have the 4th worst record, we can get a top pick for sure.

Are we good? Yes, but we have so many injured players that we look garbage this season. We just need to capitalize on Evan and AG.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,119

Post#62 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:48 pm

MoMM wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:I’m trying to wrap my head around some of these deals for Vuc. We got one all star. We suck anyways but some of y’all want to give up that one all star for some bench players so we can continue to suck and hopefully land a future all star in draft instead of just adding that potential future all star with the one all star we already have?!

What? We have the 4th worst record, we can get a top pick for sure.

Are we good? Yes, but we have so many injured players that we look garbage this season. We just need to capitalize on Evan and AG.

This year due to injuries otherwise this FO would be pushing for play in game. Sadly I still don’t think they do anything and hope to push once AG gets healthy.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Post#63 » by tiderulz » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:49 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Devonte is 26 years old basketball midget and apsolute best- bad version of DJ Augustin.
What drugs you have to be on to think Terry Rozier is worst player? Rozier aslo actually can defend a bit.

I don't like ROzier, but compared to Devonte, he is Jordan.
"He can shoot" yea, that epic 36% mid range and 35% for 3 for career and 51,9% TS. Basically new Klay :rofl:

Graham isnt a midget. he is 6'1+ with a 6'6 wingspan. a little smaller for a PG but not extremely so.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Post#64 » by tiderulz » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:53 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Aldrige,Vassell and pick for Vuc sounds like solid trade, i assume you can throw in Gay and ship Gordon as well.

I just don't get why Magic need cap space when nobody will sign anyway .

So you have future lineup of

Injuried Fultz without jumpshot / undersided shooting guard Cole
Vassell ( very unproven) / Ross ( probably also gone)
whoever you draft / nobody
injuried Isaac / Aminu ( injuried all the time ) / Okeke
Bamba / Birch

that team won't win 20 game and you are angeling yourself for 3-4 years rebuild, witch also doesn't make sense since Fultz and Isaac will be gone or in last year of contract IF everything goes right.

We may not be able to attract an elite player, but we can still sign good players.

Jeff Green, Bismack Biyombo, DJ Augustin, CJ Watson, Dwayne Bacon, Jason Smith ? :D

Or getting Rashard Lewis on contract that is equivalent of John Wall's contract today :D

honestly, why are you on the Magic board. you arent from Orlando. you $%#^ on anything MAgic related or anything good a Magic fan might try to say or think. why are you here?
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,066

Post#65 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:04 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Yeah...Welcome to the Magic board... A quick summary Vooch is to blame for everything for the last 7 years and net rating is the end all stat.

I dont think any Magic fan is blaming Vuc, but in reality he is not going to lead us anywhere. If you want to be a mediocre team for the next 5 years than lets keep Vuc. The problem with Vuc is, he does not fit the timeline of this team and by the time/if we start competing for anything more than the 8th seed, he will be pushing 35. To me you try and cash in when the value is high which is now, but I am not saying lets trade him for a bag of peanuts either. This is the perfect year for us to tank and so many Magic fans still are anti tank... I dont know about you, but I am tired of being mediocre and having a boring team to watch. I'd rather take the chance and blow it up and try for a high pick this year and give the young guys a chance.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#66 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:05 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Magic don’t have Cap Space to get said future all star.
Magic don’t have great trade assets to get future all star.
Magic don’t have anyone on roster that could be said all star.
Magic FO doesn’t show any competence to putting a solid team on the floor to win.

Vuc is a baller no doubt about it but our ceiling in the next 2 years is maybe 6th seed. That’s not on Vuc but the issues I laid out above.

I also think the Vuc trade talk is heating up because he’s now shown it’s not a 1 year hype. He’s followed it up with a 2nd year and other FO’s are taking notice.

That’s false about the draft. The possibilities have changed now. We could be the 7th worse team and still jump to top 3.

Again, based on your points in our position it makes no sense to trade Vuch as it makes it even less appealing for a player to sign and gives us less or mediocre assets.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#67 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:12 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Yeah...Welcome to the Magic board... A quick summary Vooch is to blame for everything for the last 7 years and net rating is the end all stat.

I dont think any Magic fan is blaming Vuc, but in reality he is not going to lead us anywhere. If you want to be a mediocre team for the next 5 years than lets keep Vuc. The problem with Vuc is, he does not fit the timeline of this team and by the time/if we start competing for anything more than the 8th seed, he will be pushing 35. To me you try and cash in when the value is high which is now, but I am not saying lets trade him for a bag of peanuts either. This is the perfect year for us to tank and so many Magic fans still are anti tank... I dont know about you, but I am tired of being mediocre and having a boring team to watch. I'd rather take the chance and blow it up and try for a high pick this year and give the young guys a chance.

He fits the timeline just fine. He’s got at least another 3 years because of him being skilled.

As of right now we are sitting at top 4 pick. Draft odds have changed which means we really don’t have to be the worse team in the league to get the number 1. We can be a bit more strategic with this. You keep Vuch because teams aren’t giving up anything that’s an asset or elevating you. You trade AG and Fournier if you can, continue the season as is and if you land a top 1-3 pick you add him with a skilled Vuch, a healthy JI. As a result you’ll have free agents now looking in your direction.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#68 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:22 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Yeah...Welcome to the Magic board... A quick summary Vooch is to blame for everything for the last 7 years and net rating is the end all stat.

He fits the timeline just fine. He’s got at least another 3 years because of him being skilled.

As of right now we are sitting at top 4 pick. Draft odds have changed which means we really don’t have to be the worse team in the league to get the number 1. We can be a bit more strategic with this. You keep Vuch because teams aren’t giving up anything that’s an asset or elevating you. You trade AG and Fournier if you can, continue the season as is and if you land a top 1-3 pick you add him with a skilled Vuch, a healthy JI. As a result you’ll have free agents now looking in your direction.

Vuc isnt the best defender now and he still has some of his athleticism (not like there is much), but when the little that he has is gone in the next 3-5 years he will be an extremely poor defender. Yes, his offensive game will most likley not take much of a hit, but he also will not be getting 20 shots PG like he is this year. I do like Vuc, but some magic fans overvalue him. He isnt a guy you build around nor is he a 2nd option in todays NBA. If we can get a team to throw us a lottery pick, we have to bite. Bamba needs the chance to play as well.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,167

Post#69 » by zaymon » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:22 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Yeah...Welcome to the Magic board... A quick summary Vooch is to blame for everything for the last 7 years and net rating is the end all stat.

New poster and a reasonable one, greetings !
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#70 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:27 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:

Vuc isnt the best defender now and he still has some of his athleticism (not like there is much), but when the little that he has is gone in the next 3-5 years he will be an extremely poor defender. Yes, his offensive game will most likley not take much of a hit, but he also will not be getting 20 shots PG like he is this year. I do like Vuc, but some magic fans overvalue him. He isnt a guy you build around nor is he a 2nd option in todays NBA. If we can get a team to throw us a lottery pick, we have to bite. Bamba needs the chance to play as well.

No one is giving you a lottery pick for him. You can just take that out of the equation. Take a look at the teams that are rumored to want him. You really think Riley and Danny are trying unload talent or draft picks that are worth anything? Hell no. They are trying to get him and keep their assets. Look at their histories.

Telling you, we’re better off keeping him, unloading Fournier and AG and adding to Vuch and JI than unloading him.
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,812

Post#71 » by IllMagic04 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:33 pm

At this point Im keeping Vuc unless we get a great offer. I just dont see anyone giving us a good enough offer. Fourier and Birch have to be moved. Theres is no excuse for them to be on the team after the deadline. AG Im 50/50 on. Part of me still believes in him but at this point maybe he wont blow up till hes on another team. With the injury it wouldnt surprise me if we dont move him. Ross doesnt have to be moved but I would def be open to it. As long as at least Evan and Birch are traded I wont complain.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:36 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

No one is giving you a lottery pick for him. You can just take that out of the equation. Take a look at the teams that are rumored to want him. You really think Riley and Danny are trying unload talent or draft picks that are worth anything? Hell no. They are trying to get him and keep their assets. Look at their histories.

Telling you, we’re better off keeping him, unloading Fournier and AG and adding to Vuch and JI than unloading him.

And in my previous post i did say i wouldnt trade him for a bag of peanuts, but I do believe if the Hornets offer us their unprotected 1st which is only 3 games out from being a bottom 5 pick we take it. I dont want anything from the Heat that isnt Herro which isnt going to happen. My point is, Magic fans overvalue Vuc as if he was some superstar. He is a good role player, but once again will never fit our timeline. If the price is right ship him away.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#73 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:39 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:

And in my previous post i did say i wouldnt trade him for a bag of peanuts, but I do believe if the Hornets offer us their unprotected 1st which is only 3 games out from being a bottom 5 pick we take it. I dont want anything from the Heat that isnt Herro which isnt going to happen. My point is, Magic fans overvalue Vuc as if he was some superstar. He is a good role player, but once again will never fit our timeline. If the price is right ship him away.

You really believe the Hornets are going to give you an unprotected lottery pick for Vuch?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#74 » by drsd » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:43 pm

89Magicfan wrote:As of right now we are sitting at top 4 pick. Draft odds have changed which means we really don’t have to be the worse team in the league to get the number 1. We can be a bit more strategic with this. You keep Vuch because teams aren’t giving up anything that’s an asset or elevating you. You trade AG and Fournier if you can, continue the season as is and if you land a top 1-3 pick you add him with a skilled Vuch, a healthy JI. As a result you’ll have free agents now looking in your direction.

And-1

A core of Fultz, Mr. 2021, Isaac, Vučević, Anthony, and Okeke should be the starting-points to create a roster that makes the 2022 playoffs. Then there is a real chance for the Magic to be competitive in the 2022/23 season. Things are starting to come together.

The what-if will never end; what if Fultz and Isaac were healthy this season? There is little doubt the Magic would have a winning record. The #6 seed this season seems like a rational outcome of this what-if game.

OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:47 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

You really believe the Hornets are going to give you an unprotected lottery pick for Vuch?

Yes. Its the Hornets. Once again, I am not saying lets trade Vuc for scrubs, but if the price is right you do it. If you love being mediocre than yes, lets keep Vuc.. Theres a reason why teams arent offering much, its because he really isnt as good as his numbers show.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#76 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:52 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:

Yes. Its the Hornets. Once again, I am not saying lets trade Vuc for scrubs, but if the price is right you do it. If you love being mediocre than yes, lets keep Vuc.. Theres a reason why teams arent offering much, its because he really isnt as good as his numbers show.

It’s the Hornets? What does that even mean? Would you trade an unprotected lottery pick in this draft for him?

You do realize you just admitted teams aren’t offering much but you want to unload him anyways and your whole basis is because he’s not a franchise player so trade him for junk?
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:00 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

It’s the Hornets? What does that even mean? Would you trade an unprotected lottery pick in this draft for him?

You do realize you just admitted teams aren’t offering much but you want to unload him anyways and your whole basis is because he’s not a franchise player so trade him for junk?

When did i say i want to unload him for junk? I said if the opportunity was there we have to do it. I also said the Hornets, because they have a history of overpaying for talent i.e. Hayward.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#78 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:05 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:

When did i say i want to unload him for junk? I said if the opportunity was there we have to do it. I also said the Hornets, because they have a history of overpaying for talent i.e. Hayward.

You said we need to trade him. That teams aren’t offering much for him but in the same breath think someone is going to offer an unprotected lottery pick for him. Some are overvaluing him when it’s you who think some team is dumb enough to give us a unprotected lottery pick for him?
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:08 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

You said we need to trade him. That teams aren’t offering much for him but in the same breath think someone is going to offer an unprotected lottery pick for him. An unprotected lottery pick in this draft isn’t under “not much” category. Only way you get that kind of pick is if you’re talking about Lebron, KD, Curry etc.

Please re-read everything I said. You are ASSUMING thats what I was saying. Nowhere did I say we need to trade him for anything.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#80 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:15 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:

You said we need to trade him. That teams aren’t offering much for him but in the same breath think someone is going to offer an unprotected lottery pick for him. An unprotected lottery pick in this draft isn’t under “not much” category. Only way you get that kind of pick is if you’re talking about Lebron, KD, Curry etc.

Please re-read everything I said. You are ASSUMING thats what I was saying. Nowhere did I say we need to trade him for anything.

No you said if we can. I get that. What I’m saying is he’s worth more on our team than whatever comes back. You’re not getting a lottery pick for him. You’re not getting an starter or even a potential one. You’re getting players who probably won’t even be on the team in a year. Maybe a 7th or 8th man.

Return to Orlando Magic