ImageImageImageImage

Vuc - “I Love Orlando & I’m Happy”

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Keep Vuc or Trade him ?

Keep him, he’s an all star & loyal
58%
Trade him for a massive haul
42%

Total votes: 52

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Re: Vuc - “I Love Orlando & I’m Happy” 

Post#61 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:10 pm

Ah yes.. the annual “Keep Vooch or Trade him poll”
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 834

Post#62 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:15 pm

Skin wrote:
Skybox wrote:Another moronic poll...what is a "massive haul"? I'd trade him for what I think is a massive haul, but nothing points to that coming.

I also thought that was hilarious. A "massive haul"??? What massive haul. He doesn't command that.

The reason why the Magic are leaning towards keeping him is because the offers have probably been very weak and underwhelming.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

It was reported Magic management won’t move Vuc unless for a “monster” or “massive” haul.

No idea what that means to them or the fans, just reporting the news good sir.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#63 » by Skybox » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:37 pm

No personal offense intended...(almost) always my policy here.

Just tired of the "Vuc Wars"...after a contentious and crazy year in American politics where only extreme positions are assumed of the opposition. As in my case..."I don't want to dump Vuc for an expiring, some deadwood, and a late first" - therefore, "I won't consider trading Vuc at all and all future moves are based on supporting Vuc's needs"

or on the other side, "Vuc isn't an ideal first option" - therefore, "We can never win with Vuc, look at the last decade- if we only got rid of him, we'd have rings on all fingers and toes"
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#64 » by Skin » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:45 pm

Knightro wrote:Nothing at all against Vucevic the man. He's a classy guy and he's obviously a very skilled basketball player who has improved a lot over time.

It's just beyond time to make a change.

Weltman, Hammond, Clifford, Vucevic, Fournier, Gordon and Ross all need to go. The next couple of years might be really ugly, but the present isn't particularly appealing either.

RIght? Great guy. Impressive development. Wrong position needed for building a contender.

We need to allocate our big money contracts on other positions. The main thing we need from a Center is defense and that's the one thing Vuc lacks. If all that offense came with good defense, we'd ALL be loving him to the moon and back. It's just not the case.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#65 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:53 pm

Skin wrote:
Knightro wrote:Nothing at all against Vucevic the man. He's a classy guy and he's obviously a very skilled basketball player who has improved a lot over time.

Weltman, Hammond, Clifford, Vucevic, Fournier, Gordon and Ross all need to go. The next couple of years might be really ugly, but the present isn't particularly appealing either.

RIght? Great guy. Impressive development. Wrong position needed for building a contender.

We need to allocate our big money contracts on other positions. The main thing we need from a Center is defense and that's the one thing Vuc lacks. If all that offense came with good defense, we'd ALL be loving him to the moon and back. It's just not the case.

The thing is... it's our PF that is giving us the defense ( JI ) while our C is the one giving the offense. So just switch it out?
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#66 » by Skin » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:08 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Skin wrote:

The thing is... it's our PF that is giving us the defense ( JI ) while our C is the one giving the offense. So just switch it out?

I think JI certainly helps to mask some of Vuc's deficiencies, but the bigger issue is that on the other hand, with Vuc being such a large part of the offense, it stiffles JI's opportunity for growth on the scoring end. Kinda goes for everyone because they end up deferring to Vuc.

The only guys who have had no issues ignoring Vuc and being gutsy enough to be a primary scorer have been Dipo, Fournier, Tobias, Ross and Jeff fricken Green.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#67 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:20 pm

I think there are maybe 10 players in this entire league right now I would reward or keep because of "loyalty". Even that's somewhat of a stretch. If you are a bonified superstar and decide to resign for a 3rd contract like Giannis just did, you owe that player down the road.

Outside of situations and players of that status though, I'm not making personal decisions based on loyalty. I'm doing what's best for my team.

I'm not necessarily saying moving Vuc at this moment is, but I'm certainly not keeping him because he's been loyal.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#68 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:22 pm

If someone offers a *decent young player, cap space and a “guaranteed” (as close as you can get) top 10 pick this year for Vuc then I’ll bite. I just don’t see that happening.

*decent does NOT have to be a star. Just a proven young player with clear starter value.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#69 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:22 pm

Skin wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Skin wrote:RIght? Great guy. Impressive development. Wrong position needed for building a contender.

I think JI certainly helps to mask some of Vuc's deficiencies, but the bigger issue is that on the other hand, with Vuc being such a large part of the offense, it stiffles JI's opportunity for growth on the scoring end. Kinda goes for everyone because they end up deferring to Vuc.

The only guys who have had no issues ignoring Vuc and being gutsy enough to be a primary scorer have been Dipo, Fournier, Tobias, Ross and Jeff fricken Green.

I kinda think its because JI has no go-to-move in the halfcourt that is why he defers alot to Vuc in the plays? Also, I think the reason our lineup throws it to Vuc is because they know one of them will get open due to the other teams always gameplan around Vuc. The only problem with that is the one open really really sucks at the 3pt shot.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#70 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:25 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:If someone offers a *decent young player, cap space and a “guaranteed” (as close as you can get) top 10 pick this year for Vuc then I’ll bite. I just don’t see that happening.

*decent does NOT have to be a star. Just a proven young player with clear starter value.

As I said in other threads, the offer of CHA for :

Cody(cap)
1 of Monk/Graham
1 of Miles/PJ
FRP

was the nearest and tempting for me

Another one in PHO was Vuc and filler ( sorry forgot the exact details):

Ayton
Cam
filler

which is also tempting.

Not these Tristan, Neismith and picks
ARandomStranger
Sophomore
And1: 140

Post#71 » by ARandomStranger » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:25 pm

Skin wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Skin wrote:RIght? Great guy. Impressive development. Wrong position needed for building a contender.

I don't think Vuc really stifles anything in terms of people getting their shots. He has been a major part of the offense because really he has been the most reliable offensive option we have had. If JI was a better three point shooter this argument would disappear as Vuc has been an extremely willing passer and is quite capable of making good passes. The main issue in reality is not having a primary scorer at all in general. There is no one as reliable on current roster as a scorer. Ross goes cold, Fournier is too slow to get by most of the league, and even when Kelle is healthy he is not a reliable shooter. If we had another guy who could be relied upon to score big points and was capable of being the primary guy, it would have the effect of opening up Vuc more. In essence it would only increase Vuc's ability to do what he has been doing.

As far as defensive regression, this season isn't really a fair grading stick on that. Our wings are not the best defenders in the world and AG has not been available for a lot of the season. If we had capable wings and JI, this wouldn't even be an issue as our defense would be much better regardless of any defensive regression on his part. Building a team around Vuc is our best option of being relevant right now. If the plan is for a long term future post Vuc, it is time to move on, if the Magic want to be relevant and push for playoffs every year for the next three to four years, Vuc is the guy to build around.

I know this FO will disappoint me either way, but I hope something is done.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#72 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:33 pm

ARandomStranger wrote:
Skin wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

I don't think Vuc really stifles anything in terms of people getting their shots. He has been a major part of the offense because really he has been the most reliable offensive option we have had. If JI was a better three point shooter this argument would disappear as Vuc has been an extremely willing passer and is quite capable of making good passes. The main issue in reality is not having a primary scorer at all in general. There is no one as reliable on current roster as a scorer. Ross goes cold, Fournier is too slow to get by most of the league, and even when Kelle is healthy he is not a reliable shooter. If we had another guy who could be relied upon to score big points and was capable of being the primary guy, it would have the effect of opening up Vuc more. In essence it would only increase Vuc's ability to do what he has been doing.

As far as defensive regression, this season isn't really a fair grading stick on that. Our wings are not the best defenders in the world and AG has not been available for a lot of the season. If we had capable wings and JI, this wouldn't even be an issue as our defense would be much better regardless of any defensive regression on his part. Building a team around Vuc is our best option of being relevant right now. If the plan is for a long term future post Vuc, it is time to move on, if the Magic want to be relevant and push for playoffs every year for the next three to four years, Vuc is the guy to build around.

I know this FO will disappoint me either way, but I hope something is done.

I agree with everything ESPECIALLY the part wherein our FO will disappoint all of us again.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#73 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:53 pm

RookieStar wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:If someone offers a *decent young player, cap space and a “guaranteed” (as close as you can get) top 10 pick this year for Vuc then I’ll bite. I just don’t see that happening.

Cody(cap)
1 of Monk/Graham
1 of Miles/PJ
FRP

Ayton
Cam
filler

which is also tempting.

Phoenix is doing very well this year.

Why would they shake that up by trading Ayton? They also don’t have the pick we want.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#74 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:58 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Love the results.

Clear indicator clueless crybabies are minority but very vocal one.

Shout out for smart majority ;)

Nice try Dr Spin, but most people who want Vuc traded don't think he's worth a "massive haul" so we didn't vote :lol:

wow that's rich, comming from a guy who wanted to build whole team around Elfrid Payton.

"BuT pEPe WhY YoU MeNtion PayTon, hE iS noT heRe "

Don't worry, i only bring him to remind you that you know anything about basketball. ;)

LOL you can set your clock to pepe bringing up Payton when he's owned in a back and forth :lol:

pepe1991 wrote:F Fournier and Vuc and their buddyball . They ignore 3 other players and play 2 on 5 every time.
Vučevic is probably worst starting defender in the league along OKafor.

Oh look... looks like you also KNow NuTHing ABouT BazzKetBall. But this was when you joined the board as a Mario homer. Someone who IS actually out of the league :lol:
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#75 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:58 pm

People keep bringing up Vooch's age like his game relies on athleticism... Him adding the three ball makes it more crucial that whenever a star comes along or develop on our team if that's the case... Vooch can easily transition into a Pick and Pop player...
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#76 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:16 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Cody(cap)
1 of Monk/Graham
1 of Miles/PJ
FRP

Ayton
Cam
filler

which is also tempting.

Phoenix is doing very well this year.

Why would they shake that up by trading Ayton? They also don’t have the pick we want.

Well, their reasoning was he fits their timeline. Theey have to take advantage now especially in their conference wherein admit it or not, LBJ is declining and the GSW are not sure to be fully healthy again. So... you have CP3 still effective in his twilight, Booker breaking out as a superstar, young talent in Bridges... they probably need another scoring threat to free up Booker and make cp3 more effective.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#77 » by Skybox » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:19 am

RookieStar wrote:

Cody(cap)
1 of Monk/Graham
1 of Miles/PJ
FRP

Ayton
Cam
filler

which is also tempting.

Those two (suggested) offers are MILES apart...the filler in the PHO trade is likely better than CHA's best player included. Monk has played well for a few weeks of his career and is probably valued around a high 2rp by himself. Miles Bridges is a small Aaron Gordon without the passing and defensive versatility. PJ is pretty good. The pick is very limited as they will be in playoffs largely due to their recent old man acquisition and will be limited further if they add another 30 year old All-Star at a position of need.

PHO is much harder to ignore. Vuc is better offensively by a mile but Ayton has become an excellent defender and is very young (and legit huge like Embiid). He could be the defensive backstop many here crave but how does he mesh with limited shooters Isaac and Fultz? Cameron can shoot lights out, but not much else...I'd probably pull the trigger on PHO trade (see I'm not married to Vuc or blind to the fact that he's 30) as he could be a cornerstone for years and, hopefully, our draft pick would provide massive scoring that we will be lacking.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#78 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:24 am

Skybox wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Cody(cap)
1 of Monk/Graham
1 of Miles/PJ
FRP

Ayton
Cam
filler

which is also tempting.

Those two (suggested) offers are MILES apart...the filler in the PHO trade is likely better than CHA's best player included. Monk has played well for a few weeks of his career and is probably valued around a high 2rp by himself. Miles Bridges is a small Aaron Gordon without the passing and defensive versatility. PJ is pretty good. The pick is very limited as they will be in playoffs largely due to their recent old man acquisition and will be limited further if they add another 30 year old All-Star at a position of need.

PHO is much harder to ignore. Vuc is better offensively by a mile but Ayton has become an excellent defender and is very young (and legit huge like Embiid). He could be the defensive backstop many here crave but how does he mesh with limited shooters Isaac and Fultz? Cameron can shoot lights out, but not much else...I'd probably pull the trigger on PHO trade (see I'm not married to Vuc or blind to the fact that he's 30) as he could be a cornerstone for years and, hopefully, our draft pick would provide massive scoring that we will be lacking.

As I said AND my point stands, like it or not for whatever reasons, these 2 are the trades that would get me thinking. Unlike earlier trades whichbthe celts were offering.

Although personally if I had a choice, i prefer to offer Vuc plus whoever to get a better star like Beal. Be the one offering 4 quarters for a dollar instead of the other way around.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#79 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:58 am

Famous last words...
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#80 » by pepe1991 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:29 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
Nice try Dr Spin, but most people who want Vuc traded don't think he's worth a "massive haul" so we didn't vote :lol:

wow that's rich, comming from a guy who wanted to build whole team around Elfrid Payton.

"BuT pEPe WhY YoU MeNtion PayTon, hE iS noT heRe "

Don't worry, i only bring him to remind you that you know anything about basketball. ;)

LOL you can set your clock to pepe bringing up Payton when he's owned in a back and forth :lol:

pepe1991 wrote:F Fournier and Vuc and their buddyball . They ignore 3 other players and play 2 on 5 every time.
Vučevic is probably worst starting defender in the league along OKafor.

Oh look... looks like you also KNow NuTHing ABouT BazzKetBall. But this was when you joined the board as a Mario homer. Someone who IS actually out of the league :lol:

How cute, you had to go back in 2016 to find it. Also it was very true at times, we had Harris and Oladipo with them and both were better offensive options than , at times, pretty meh Vučević.

Over next years Vuc took his game to next level.

As far as Hezonja goes, i liked him, he failed, i pertty much closed "mario = good " gates after 3 years. You kept being Hair homer even after he left.

Your whole gimmick about Payton was:
blame it on Oladipo
blame it on Fournier
blame it on Vuc
Blame it on Skiles
Blame it on Vogel

it was NEVER Elf's fault.

in mean time, when it was so obvious that Payton is terrible , two and half years AFTER my Hezonja claim, you posted this

Irony of post was fact that Magic made playoffs and Pelicans didn't, Pelicans later decided to not re-sign Payton :lol:

Re: Elfrid Payton just doesn't make players better
Post#5 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:00 am

Keep looking everywhere but where the real problem is.

Level of delusion was so high that you claimed Elfrid Payton is top 10 PG in nba.. in 2017

Re: Does De'Aaron Fox or DSJ have more star potential than Payton?
Post#95 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:59 am

I could see Fox being good, but I don't like DSJ at all. Elfrid basically moved into the top 15 PG's this season. After the all-star break he was pushing top 10.

In league that in that moment had: prime Curry, CP3, Lowry, Westbrook, Wall, Lillard, Thomas, Kyrie, Conley, Kemba, allstar Teague, still funcional Parker, still fine Derron Williams, allstar Rondo, Derick Rose, Jrue Holiday... Guy wasn't even as good as Dragic, Bledsoe, Schroder, Rubio , George Hill . But , according to you, he was top 10.

Dude, be a good boy and take an L on Payton train. Ship has sailed, he is worst starting PG today, he has been top 5 worst starting PG since 2014.

Funniest part about it was when some writer exposed Payton and his "defense" that his fans called great, yet you and few others kept pretending it's not his fault. Once replaced with Dj, who was career backup PG,we become playoff team.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic