ImageImageImageImage

? about Vuc's Value?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

? about Vuc's Value? 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:19 pm

Bulls' fan here-I come in peace. I see Orlando as in need of a fire sale, and get the best pick possible. You have some very intriguing talent with Issac, Bamba, Anthony, Fultz-but you need a top stud player, and this draft has 5 possible ones. I think Cunningham, Suggs, Green or Kumzinga would all look great with your core. Mobley, not as much, but an awesome prospect as well.

Also, I don't know about your owner's finances, but everyone is losing money this year-and rich people don't like to see $ go down the tubes.

Anyway, I would love Vuc to join Lavine in Chicago. I see Vuc as a below average 1st option but an elite 2nd option. At 30, he should age well. What would be a fair deal, from your point of view? We would send Porter (expiring), Carter (you let him and Bamba battle for the C spot over the next year) and at least 1 pick. We could add Hutchinson too, as a harmless prospect to try. I would add Ross too-to give us a back up wing, and you more savings.

Carter, Porter, Bulls unprotected pick for Vuc/Ross
Carter, Porter, this years unprotected, 2023 top 10 protected 1st for Vuc/Ross

To these two basic offers, do we need to add more, or are we in the ball park? a 3rd team could be involved, and take Carter (OKC makes sense), and send a late first and more $ savings to Orl as well.

thanks
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Re: ? about Vuc's Value? 

Post#2 » by zaymon » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:39 pm

We would also like to pair Vucevic and Lavine.

Gordon + Bamba + 2022 unprotected srp.

Thats like twice what you are offering.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,660

Post#3 » by orlando_joe » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:02 pm

dont see anything there says says magic need to make that trade..i also think magic would have to really think there winning trade to move vuc..
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,118

Post#4 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:31 pm

any Vuc deal would revolve around our FO asking for Lavine and that's where it ends...
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,624

Post#5 » by Skybox » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:25 pm

If I was forced to work something out with CHI for Vuc...it would not involve Carter in any way and it would have to have multiple picks. I guess it would start with Lauri but would need quite a bit more.

Again, CHI and CHA fans have this idea that their teams are moving up while we are OKC just handing stuff out to help them. They should enjoy their promising developments but stay realistic. IMO, ORL is in position to add a high draft pick to a strong roster...we don't need to give away Vuc for Theis, WCJ, or Cody Zeller.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 585

Post#6 » by MasterGMer » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:35 pm

No, I am not sending Vuc to Chicago. NO
Skybox
RealGM

Post#7 » by Skybox » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:59 pm

As a staunch defender of Vuc, I am probably being portrayed as opposed to trading him...I'll start posting Vuc trades I would do and that I think are not unrealistic.

Vuc, Aminu, Evan to SAS for Aldridge (expiring-possible buyout), Mills (expiring), Lyles(expiring-maybe keep cheap), Vassell and White.
this gives us two solid two way versatile players with good size and lots of cap relief going forward. I would actually like a 1st as well
although that may draw a lot of fire. If SAS keeps Evan on a team-friendly deal, they could actually be really good when added to their young core. If White was a sticking point I'd drop to Keldon Johnson, and if necessary to Lonnie Walker-but then would def want pick(s). I was surprised to hear of SAS' interest in Vuc, given their core's age...but POP does know talent and can probably foresee 5 good years with him - he probably also wouldn't consider including two good pieces but that's what I would want to make the deal.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#8 » by Skybox » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:15 pm

Other teams rumored to be tracking Vuc...CHA, GSW, BOS

I don't really like any of CHA's young pieces enough to even get started (I'm assuming Lamelo is out). I like PJ Washington but not as a centerpiece. I think they'll be good enough with Vuc and Hayward, etc that any firsts will be mid-round.

BOS won't include any core pieces and they will be good for years, so their picks are of limited value. I'm really interested in Nesmith and Langford...but only for AG, not for Vuc. If they offered Smart, I'd pick up the phone and talk about what else they could add. I honestly don't blame them for not giving more but that's okay...let's talk about AG and Birch then with BOS.

GSW could do something with Wiseman and I would listen hard. Wiseman may never be as good as Vuc but he could be much better if he develops some offense to go with his physical profile. I kind of wrote him off due to his college debacle but I listened to an interview with him and he sounds pretty solid. We would certainly have to take Wiggins back for salary matching. How about Wiggins, Wiseman, Paschall for Vuc, Aminu, Clark? GSW might want to expand it further to include Evan for Oubre to improve this year's contention. If anyone thinks this is highway robbery, never mind then...like I said, Vuc might have 5 good years. Wiseman is a BIG question mark and Wiggins and his contract are not. But, I'd do it...would love to get that MIN pick, but I don't think that's realistic (unless we add a future first? not '21). I'd definitely follow this with an AG trade for a wing (Trent, NAW, Nesmith? add what 2rp's if you need). That's a very interesting team.

Wiseman/Bamba
Isaac/Paschall
CADE/TRoss
Trent Jr. or NAW/Wiggins
Fultz/Anthony
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,988

Post#9 » by Ducklett » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:12 pm

Skybox wrote:Other teams rumored to be tracking Vuc...CHA, GSW, BOS

I don't really like any of CHA's young pieces enough to even get started (I'm assuming Lamelo is out). I like PJ Washington but not as a centerpiece. I think they'll be good enough with Vuc and Hayward, etc that any firsts will be mid-round.

BOS won't include any core pieces and they will be good for years, so their picks are of limited value. I'm really interested in Nesmith and Langford...but only for AG, not for Vuc. If they offered Smart, I'd pick up the phone and talk about what else they could add. I honestly don't blame them for not giving more but that's okay...let's talk about AG and Birch then with BOS.

GSW could do something with Wiseman and I would listen hard. Wiseman may never be as good as Vuc but he could be much better if he develops some offense to go with his physical profile. I kind of wrote him off due to his college debacle but I listened to an interview with him and he sounds pretty solid. We would certainly have to take Wiggins back for salary matching. How about Wiggins, Wiseman, Paschall for Vuc, Aminu, Clark? GSW might want to expand it further to include Evan for Oubre to improve this year's contention. If anyone thinks this is highway robbery, never mind then...like I said, Vuc might have 5 good years. Wiseman is a BIG question mark and Wiggins and his contract are not. But, I'd do it...would love to get that MIN pick, but I don't think that's realistic (unless we add a future first? not '21). I'd definitely follow this with an AG trade for a wing (Trent, NAW, Nesmith? add what 2rp's if you need). That's a very interesting team.

Wiseman/Bamba
Isaac/Paschall
CADE/TRoss
Trent Jr. or NAW/Wiggins
Fultz/Anthony

If I knew we were getting Cade, I would keep Vuc and trade AG/Ross/Evan.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#10 » by drsd » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:25 pm

Ducklett wrote:If I knew we were getting Cade, I would keep Vuc and trade AG/Ross/Evan.

Any of the top-3 wing players does this for me: Cunningham, Green, or Moody.
(( although I would expect management to work hard to keep Ross ))

MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 585

Post#11 » by MasterGMer » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:41 pm

Are we ready to waive the white flag yet, to trade Vuc? I don't think so. I like Wisemen. But Vuc is the only reason why we are not 5 - 35 now. I know many of you want that record so we can get a top 5 pick. But is it healthy to the team and values to other players on the roster? If Magic sucks so bad, no one will be interested in AG, Ross or Vuc
Skybox
RealGM

Post#12 » by Skybox » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:56 pm

For the record, I'm for keeping him. I'm just playing along. It's not a YES?NO?...it's a "for what?" just like any other player not named Luka
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#13 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:45 am

How about Fournier, Bamba, and a 1st for Zach? He would be a good pairing with Vuch.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#14 » by Skin » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:10 am

pipfan wrote:Bulls' fan here-I come in peace. I see Orlando as in need of a fire sale, and get the best pick possible. You have some very intriguing talent with Issac, Bamba, Anthony, Fultz-but you need a top stud player, and this draft has 5 possible ones. I think Cunningham, Suggs, Green or Kumzinga would all look great with your core. Mobley, not as much, but an awesome prospect as well.

Also, I don't know about your owner's finances, but everyone is losing money this year-and rich people don't like to see $ go down the tubes.

Anyway, I would love Vuc to join Lavine in Chicago. I see Vuc as a below average 1st option but an elite 2nd option. At 30, he should age well. What would be a fair deal, from your point of view? We would send Porter (expiring), Carter (you let him and Bamba battle for the C spot over the next year) and at least 1 pick. We could add Hutchinson too, as a harmless prospect to try. I would add Ross too-to give us a back up wing, and you more savings.

Carter, Porter, Bulls unprotected pick for Vuc/Ross
Carter, Porter, this years unprotected, 2023 top 10 protected 1st for Vuc/Ross

To these two basic offers, do we need to add more, or are we in the ball park? a 3rd team could be involved, and take Carter (OKC makes sense), and send a late first and more $ savings to Orl as well.

thanks

I'm probably the one Magic poster here who wants to trade Vuc more than anyone, but I can't see any possibility with Chicago.

We would need one young prospect, some cap relief and picks. You probably don't want to deal Coby White or Patrick Williams and we don't necessarily want them either because of the positions they play. So it pretty much ends there.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#15 » by pipfan » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess no deal-I would do 2 picks, but most Bulls fans wouldn't

Return to Orlando Magic