ImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 Regular Season Game 41: Brooklyn Nets (28-13) at Orlando Magic (13-27)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,297

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 41: Brooklyn Nets (28-13) at Orlando Magic (13-27) 

Post#101 » by pepe1991 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:29 am

GelbeWand09 wrote:Now lets trade for a win now 30+ year old PG & get used to winning, before next years Heat-like Finals run, while drafting 10th this year. :lol:

Tbh i wouldn't even be mad, at least that would be picking direction. Going to "win now" mode or something. Instad, weare in this status Quo where we are not really tanking , not really building roster nor really compeating for last 5 years. Just existing.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 41: Brooklyn Nets (28-13) at Orlando Magic (13-27) 

Post#102 » by GelbeWand09 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:49 am

pepe1991 wrote:
GelbeWand09 wrote:Now lets trade for a win now 30+ year old PG & get used to winning, before next years Heat-like Finals run, while drafting 10th this year. :lol:

Tbh i wouldn't even be mad, at least that would be picking direction. Going to "win now" mode or something. Instad, weare in this status Quo where we are not really tanking , not really building roster nor really compeating for last 5 years. Just existing.

Yea, i was always for rebuilding/retooling, but i said too, if we keep a Vuc lead team, try to make it at least as good (& logical & fun) as possible, without giving up future assets.
We havent done nothing of both. We havent rebuild/retooled but never tried to max this team out too. We havent added shooters, we havent added ballhandlers, we havent flipped the Vets behind Vuc for better fitting Vets, we let producing vets go for nothing, instead of trading them (and continuing so), we havent solved any roster weakness or position cluster, we havent tried maxing our draft opportunities, instead we even sold or traded picks, we havent added additional picks, we havent traded up in a draft...
All we have done is adding bigs, g-leaque players, bad vets & a trade for Fultz we might even lose in the end :lol:

The WeHam Magic in a nutshell: We play a season without a real PG in our rotation, but still do everything to win each game.
Its just bizarre. Its like they get a big bonus if they keep that team as long as posibble as mediocre/bad as it gets, without being real bad. :lol:
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#103 » by Tarheel » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:01 am

Gordon and Fournier pushing up that trade value at the right time.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,660

Post#104 » by orlando_joe » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:01 am

tiderulz wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:AG is entering his prime. He may put it all together the next season or two.

A GOOD young player...I agree.

i dont know any player that took 8-9 years to put it all together

but do you know any that did it at 25?
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,660

Post#105 » by orlando_joe » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:18 am

pepe1991 wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I personally don't think there needs to be a rush to move AG before this summer. Fournier is the player who no if's, and's, or buts needs to be moved immediately. We cannot, for any reason, keep him beyond the deadline. AG's value isn't going to decrease from now until the offseason.

If he's still so bought in, then maybe he'd even be willing to discuss an extension. We're in a weird place with Isaacs's health and Chuma is still a complete unknown. AG isn't a player that I think has to be moved at all costs. Especially since (whether we want them to or not) this franchise isn't tearing this down and rebuilding anytime soon. We all heard Martins the other day.

This obviously changes if an offer is presented that we just can't turn down, but most of the offers that have been proposed on these boards over the last month have been horrendous.

I don't agree with this, right time to trade Gordon is now, and Evan is best example why it is.

Next year Gordon is expiring $16,4M of money. There is no leveradge that Magic will hold in nogotations about trade. He is going to leave them regardless.
Not trading Evan next last proves to be collosal pain in a** because team has no flexibility and can't keep him without going into luxury tax, they don't even know would he stay, and contenders, prime candidates for such a trades, simply do not have $16-17M of dead cap ready to use, nor that type of offer would be ok with Magic.

So, being year and half from unrestricted free agency, knowing he will 99,98% go "home", Magic should explore and indeed finish Gordon transaction this year, and not go into a summer without having any clear idea what a make of future roster.

Where i agree that Isaac is unknown comodity and Okeke is hardly even upgrade over Iwundu,let alone starting material, we should not view Gordon any different than we view Evan. Been here long enough to know what he is and what he isn't.
Last thing Magic need is in middle of next season find out that Gordon has wishlist of like 3 teams ( LAL; LAC; GSW) where he will go so you are doing some pathetic Kyle Kuzma and second round pick swap because you hold no control over trade. ( pretty much Dwight and Ibaka trades both ended up being execlly that).

i get all that will any of those 3 have cap space to sign him? and hold out on adding anyone to keep cap room for ag? he can want to go there but ..and hey vuc and fournier are from dwight trade...i think magic won that deal..lol
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#106 » by pepe1991 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:32 am

orlando_joe wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I personally don't think there needs to be a rush to move AG before this summer. Fournier is the player who no if's, and's, or buts needs to be moved immediately. We cannot, for any reason, keep him beyond the deadline. AG's value isn't going to decrease from now until the offseason.

If he's still so bought in, then maybe he'd even be willing to discuss an extension. We're in a weird place with Isaacs's health and Chuma is still a complete unknown. AG isn't a player that I think has to be moved at all costs. Especially since (whether we want them to or not) this franchise isn't tearing this down and rebuilding anytime soon. We all heard Martins the other day.

This obviously changes if an offer is presented that we just can't turn down, but most of the offers that have been proposed on these boards over the last month have been horrendous.

I don't agree with this, right time to trade Gordon is now, and Evan is best example why it is.

Next year Gordon is expiring $16,4M of money. There is no leveradge that Magic will hold in nogotations about trade. He is going to leave them regardless.
Not trading Evan next last proves to be collosal pain in a** because team has no flexibility and can't keep him without going into luxury tax, they don't even know would he stay, and contenders, prime candidates for such a trades, simply do not have $16-17M of dead cap ready to use, nor that type of offer would be ok with Magic.

So, being year and half from unrestricted free agency, knowing he will 99,98% go "home", Magic should explore and indeed finish Gordon transaction this year, and not go into a summer without having any clear idea what a make of future roster.

Where i agree that Isaac is unknown comodity and Okeke is hardly even upgrade over Iwundu,let alone starting material, we should not view Gordon any different than we view Evan. Been here long enough to know what he is and what he isn't.
Last thing Magic need is in middle of next season find out that Gordon has wishlist of like 3 teams ( LAL; LAC; GSW) where he will go so you are doing some pathetic Kyle Kuzma and second round pick swap because you hold no control over trade. ( pretty much Dwight and Ibaka trades both ended up being execlly that).

i get all that will any of those 3 have cap space to sign him? and hold out on adding anyone to keep cap room for ag? he can want to go there but ..and hey vuc and fournier are from dwight trade...i think magic won that deal..lol

There is always Sacramento. Close to home, no expetations, unlimited usage rate :dontknow:

As far as LAL,LAC,GSW go, last year i thought there is no way in hell Harell will stay with Clippers due salary reasons and he will get super payed... dude literally decided to cost himelf millions of dollars just to say in LA.
Lou Williams did it too.
Players are dummies. Gordon will enter that free agency with around $100M made from nba itself. Money might not be only motivation.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#107 » by 89Magicfan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:32 am

tiderulz wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:AG is entering his prime. He may put it all together the next season or two.

Let me rephrase that. He might have his best seasons yet. Rather have that than RJ Hampton, Rubio, Trent Jr, Bol Bol and other names I’ve seen here
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,627

Post#108 » by Skybox » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:26 pm

Geez AG...just wondering, maybe Isaac can play Center? :noway: #tradeVuckeepAG
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,109

Post#109 » by tiderulz » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:31 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Let me rephrase that. He might have his best seasons yet. Rather have that than RJ Hampton, Rubio, Trent Jr, Bol Bol and other names I’ve seen here

again, most players dont take so long or have their best seasons after so long in the league.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,627

Post#110 » by Skybox » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:16 pm

I'm completely in camp trade AG before he leaves...but, in his defense, I believe he's had 5 coaches in his 7 years and been miscast as everything from "The new Paul George" to post-up big man to creator on the perimeter while with ORL. I have no doubt that he will be WAY better and more efficient on a team with legit scorers and floor spreaders and/or a decent PG. He'll probably never be an All-Star due to the fact that he'll be subjugating his offense in a more complete, supporting role...unless he goes full Draymond and threatens a triple double every night. It will be hard to watch from ORL if Isaac can't stay on the court for us.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#111 » by OrlandoNed » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:20 pm

Great game by AG and Evan but I hope management doesn’t do anything dumb based off a one night statistical anomaly.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#112 » by drsd » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:37 pm

tiderulz wrote:again, most players dont take so long or have their best seasons after so long in the league.

And-1

There is the rookie year, the sophomore slump and then year-3. By year-3 a player is basically what they will be. Skills will be learned, but there will rarely be any fundamental change in the awesomness of a player.

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#113 » by drsd » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:41 pm

Skybox wrote:I'm completely in camp trade AG before he leaves...but, in his defense, I believe he's had 5 coaches in his 7 years and been miscast as everything from "The new Paul George" to post-up big man to creator on the perimeter while with ORL. I have no doubt that he will be WAY better and more efficient on a team with legit scorers and floor spreaders and/or a decent PG. He'll probably never be an All-Star due to the fact that he'll be subjugating his offense in a more complete, supporting role...unless he goes full Draymond and threatens a triple double every night. It will be hard to watch from ORL if Isaac can't stay on the court for us.

If none of the injuries starting from the bubble had occurred, we would have seen:

Fultz/Carter-Williams/Anthony
Fournier/Ross/Bacon
Isaac/Ennis/Clark
Gordon/Aminu/Okeke
Vučević/Birch/Bamba

That is a very deep team. This year, the Magic would have been the 3 or 4 seed in the playoffs with that roster.
And even More ?

Well: It would have shown us if it was balanced, or not.
But I think at this point, we can simply accept we will never see that roster together. So: move on it is.

89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#114 » by 89Magicfan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:57 pm

tiderulz wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i dont know any player that took 8-9 years to put it all together

again, most players dont take so long or have their best seasons after so long in the league.

Yeah but this is the Magic organization...We’re different.

Honestly, I don’t know if that’s true. I mean Vuch is having his best season right?
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,958

Post#115 » by MagicMatic » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:57 pm

Vucevic has one of the worst shooting nights of the season 8-24, and AG has probably the biggest game of his career during trade talks.

If people don’t find either of those things coincidental, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Blow this team up.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#116 » by 89Magicfan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:54 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

How old is Vuch?
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#117 » by pepe1991 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:57 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i dont know any player that took 8-9 years to put it all together

How old is Vuch?

Vuc averaged 19 ppg, 11 rpg at age of 24...
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,450

Post#118 » by Bensational » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:06 pm

drsd wrote:
tiderulz wrote:again, most players dont take so long or have their best seasons after so long in the league.

And-1

There is the rookie year, the sophomore slump and then year-3. By year-3 a player is basically what they will be. Skills will be learned, but there will rarely be any fundamental change in the awesomness of a player.

Vucevic didn’t arrive until he was 28 and in his 8th season and under his 6th coach.
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#119 » by fklt » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:58 pm

I think it's too early to write AG off as a finished product. but even if not, being this eager to make judgement calls about players, this confidently always feels weird to me still. the guy came really early into the league, and while I'll admit he was a lot less mature than I hoped he would be, that also means he still has lots of opportunities to grow wiser. unfortunately for us, it might take moving to a different mindset and probably a different team.

hope we trade him somewhere more structured like golden state where he can assume a more defined role and curb his worst instincts.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,109

Post#120 » by tiderulz » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:28 am

fklt wrote:I think it's too early to write AG off as a finished product. but even if not, being this eager to make judgement calls about players, this confidently always feels weird to me still. the guy came really early into the league, and while I'll admit he was a lot less mature than I hoped he would be, that also means he still has lots of opportunities to grow wiser. unfortunately for us, it might take moving to a different mindset and probably a different team.

hope we trade him to somewhere more structured like golden state where he can assume a more defined role and curb his worst instincts.

7 years into the NBA isnt too early to call what AG is.

Return to Orlando Magic