ImageImageImageImage

Aaron Gordon and Gary Clark traded to Denver for Gary Harris, RJ Hampton and a 1st round pick

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,584

Re: Aaron Gordon and Gary Clark traded to Denver for Gary Harris, RJ Hampton and a 1st round pick 

Post#981 » by Rainwater » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:26 am

pepe1991 wrote:Aaron Gordon and spacing. Art of easy basketball that Magic never figured.... :dontknow:

Not going to lie he is going to do very well over there. Just a really good game for him today. He is basically the fourth option, no pressure and no more hero ball. All he needs to do is spot up or cut and Joker or Murray will find him. Playing with actual stars makes a huge difference. Too bad the magic couldn't do over here.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,268

Re: Aaron Gordon and Gary Clark traded to Denver for Gary Harris, RJ Hampton and a 1st round pick 

Post#982 » by pepe1991 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:29 am

Rainwater wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Aaron Gordon and spacing. Art of easy basketball that Magic never figured.... :dontknow:

Not going to lie he is going to do very well over there. Just a really good game for him today. He is basically the fourth option, no pressure and no more hero ball. All he needs to do is spot up or cut and Joker or Murray will find him. Playing with actual stars makes a huge difference. To bad the magic couldn't do over here.

Less Gordon needs to think, better he is.

He'll do fine with Denver. Not really sure about long term fit with MPJr and him but we will see.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#983 » by Rainwater » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:39 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

Not going to lie he is going to do very well over there. Just a really good game for him today. He is basically the fourth option, no pressure and no more hero ball. All he needs to do is spot up or cut and Joker or Murray will find him. Playing with actual stars makes a huge difference. To bad the magic couldn't do over here.

Less Gordon needs to think, better he is.

He'll do fine with Denver. Not really sure about long term fit with MPJr and him but we will see.

Yeah, I completely agree. Making him the focal point of your offense where he has to make decisions for himself and others is just a mistake. Just making things simple for him is what I think is best for him.

Yeah, that MPJ fit worries me too but i think if MPJ keeps improving as a player and works on his skillset it will workout fine in the long run.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#984 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:59 am

The Rebel wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
youngthegiant wrote: I can tell you right now..Hampton is nothing like Dante Exum, he does kind of look like him though.
It has nothing to do with looking like him.
They were both 6'5 athletic PG's with questionable 3pt shots... I mean:
https://www.nbadraft.net/players/rj-hampton/
NBA COMPARISON: DANTE EXUM

Hampton really isn't a PG, he is a SG with the reach to help overcome the inch or two he is shorter than prototype SGs. He has good handles and passing for a combo guard, but he really isn't a PG.

They say Hampton shoots well in practice since he worked so much on it, but he hesitated to shoot for the Nuggets. Part of it is that Malone has a short leash on rookies but part of it is confidence.

On defense though he shows a huge amount of potential. Worse case Hampton can be a Tony Allen type, best case he can be a star.

Well he was projected as a PG/SG coming out, but yeah so far he’s a sg
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Post#985 » by Skybox » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:54 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Less Gordon needs to think, better he is.

I've been a big supporter of AG and hoped he'd find a better fit. It appears he did...but Pepe's quote sums it up. I heard from someone who was involved in the team medicals when he was a rookie that AG was "dumb as a bag of rocks". The graceless way he's handled his exit only reinforced that. Not saying he can't be a very good player-he is and will be. But the limits of his intellect put a ceiling at role player...how tough is it to make a nice public message (even if insincere) to the city, org, fans etc? He probably doesn't even understand why some kid in ORL with his jersey on might be upset. ...It's pretty much standard PR. Honestly, I would expect his agency to do it without him even knowing.

Or, did I miss it?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#986 » by tiderulz » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:22 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
youngthegiant wrote: I can tell you right now..Hampton is nothing like Dante Exum, he does kind of look like him though.
It has nothing to do with looking like him.

Hampton really isn't a PG, he is a SG with the reach to help overcome the inch or two he is shorter than prototype SGs. He has good handles and passing for a combo guard, but he really isn't a PG.

They say Hampton shoots well in practice since he worked so much on it, but he hesitated to shoot for the Nuggets. Part of it is that Malone has a short leash on rookies but part of it is confidence.

On defense though he shows a huge amount of potential. Worse case Hampton can be a Tony Allen type, best case he can be a star.

appreciate the insights on Harris and Hampton.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#987 » by basketballRob » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:58 pm

tiderulz wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:It has nothing to do with looking like him.

appreciate the insights on Harris and Hampton.
I think we would all take Tony Allen. Kobe dubbed him, the best defender he ever faced.

Kobe even gave him sneakers that said, best defender I ever faced.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#988 » by Skin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:46 pm

pepe is now a fan of AG. How am I not surprised. He didn't even have that good of a game. Mediocre game, mediocre player. Still horrifically inconsistent as a shooter.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#989 » by cedric76 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:11 pm

What s funny is if you have asked this board about this trade 2 years ago they would have said that we d need to add 2 1st to AG to get Harris

Things change quickly
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#990 » by Xatticus » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:08 pm

Skybox wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

I've been a big supporter of AG and hoped he'd find a better fit. It appears he did...but Pepe's quote sums it up. I heard from someone who was involved in the team medicals when he was a rookie that AG was "dumb as a bag of rocks". The graceless way he's handled his exit only reinforced that. Not saying he can't be a very good player-he is and will be. But the limits of his intellect put a ceiling at role player...how tough is it to make a nice public message (even if insincere) to the city, org, fans etc? He probably doesn't even understand why some kid in ORL with his jersey on might be upset. ...It's pretty much standard PR. Honestly, I would expect his agency to do it without him even knowing.

Or, did I miss it?

You missed it. He has only ever said positive things about Orlando and its fans.

This whole vilification of Gordon thing is just beyond stupid. You're replying to two dudes whose post counts would plunge by 50%+ if we expunged all things anti-Gordon from this forum.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,522

Post#991 » by SOUL » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:15 pm

cedric76 wrote:What s funny is if you have asked this board about this trade 2 years ago they would have said that we d need to add 2 1st to AG to get Harris

Things change quickly

???
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#992 » by Rainwater » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:21 am

Xatticus wrote:
Skybox wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Or, did I miss it?

You missed it. He has only ever said positive things about Orlando and its fans.

This whole vilification of Gordon thing is just beyond stupid. You're replying to two dudes whose post counts would plunge by 50%+ if we expunged all things anti-Gordon from this forum.

Even when I say something positive about the dude I am vilifying but it's not surprising coming from you. I'm shocked that you haven't disappeared and become denver fan yet.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Post#993 » by Skybox » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:37 am

Xatticus wrote:
Skybox wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Or, did I miss it?

My comments are based only on what I (haven't) heard from AG. The interviews and quotes I saw were all about how happy he was to get a call from anyone. I'm not butthurt...I'm just disappointed that he was dopey enough to say these things out loud. I don't care about "ever", I just haven't seen any kind of "goodbye and thanks" type message that is pretty standard...if you've seen one, please direct me.

And best wishes AG, hope you can "develop your brand" in DEN.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,398

Post#994 » by Bensational » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:46 am

cedric76 wrote:What s funny is if you have asked this board about this trade 2 years ago they would have said that we d need to add 2 1st to AG to get Harris

Things change quickly

I don’t recall anyone ever being that high on Harris except for people who were hating on Gordon and being over the top in their evaluation.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#995 » by Xatticus » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:50 am

Skybox wrote:
Xatticus wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Or, did I miss it?

My comments are based only on what I (haven't) heard from AG. The interviews and quotes I saw were all about how happy he was to get a call from anyone. I'm not butthurt...I'm just disappointed that he was dopey enough to say these things out loud. I don't care about "ever", I just haven't seen any kind of "goodbye and thanks" type message that is pretty standard...if you've seen one, please direct me.

https://youtu.be/X4RHNlYUKxI?t=95
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#996 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:28 am

Skybox wrote:
Xatticus wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Or, did I miss it?

It's not hard to find. Just go on his instagram. He posted a message when the trade went through.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#997 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:30 am

Bensational wrote:

Things change quickly

I don’t recall anyone ever being that high on Harris except for people who were hating on Gordon and being over the top in their evaluation.

I miss ag.... But I also love the fact that harris is part of the deal. He is definitely not a 20 million dollar player right now... But injuries have held him down. But if one likes marcus smart... And would be willing to pay I'm for his services... Then he is a decent buy as well. Hope he comes back healthy... Because he would be a great player to fill the gap at the minimum next season... And if he does even better... Then I would love to keep him as well if the price is right
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#998 » by fendilim » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:50 am

Rainwater wrote:

Not going to lie he is going to do very well over there. Just a really good game for him today. He is basically the fourth option, no pressure and no more hero ball. All he needs to do is spot up or cut and Joker or Murray will find him. Playing with actual stars makes a huge difference. Too bad the magic couldn't do over here.

He does that every year post all star break.

I’ll wait till next season.

I do agree thought if he plays to his strengths, he’ll be better. that was very evident here, at spurts.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#999 » by fendilim » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:54 am

Things change quickly

I dont think that was ever the case... maybe harris and 2 1sts for ag. :lol:
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#1000 » by cedric76 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:15 am

fendilim wrote:

Things change quickly

I dont think that was ever the case... maybe harris and 2 1sts for ag. :lol:

Must be great to have short memory :-)

Anyone would have trade a wannabee Paul George for a 2 way SG
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Return to Orlando Magic