ImageImageImageImage

Disfunction. Pure and simple

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,455

Disfunction. Pure and simple 

Post#1 » by thelead » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:42 pm

The juxtaposition of these tweets, not even a week apart, paint a very ugly picture for what's going on behind the scenes:

Read on Twitter

Then a few days later:

Read on Twitter

Then a day later:

Read on Twitter

There is no defending this.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Re: Disfunction. Pure and simple 

Post#2 » by fendilim » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:44 pm

What did you expect the front office to say? These guys are trained to be politically correct.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,455

Post#3 » by thelead » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:45 pm

fendilim wrote:What did you expect the front office to say? These guys are trained to be politically correct.

Not that we could have made the finals. You don't say that.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#4 » by fendilim » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:47 pm

thelead wrote:
fendilim wrote:What did you expect the front office to say? These guys are trained to be politically correct.

Coming from a guy that guaranteed a title by 2030, you’re still surprised? Lol

These guys say whatever they want to paint the team on a positive side no matter how silly they will look. They wont throw anyone under the bus.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#5 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:54 pm

fendilim wrote:
thelead wrote:

Coming from a guy that guaranteed a title by 2030, you’re still surprised? Lol

These guys say whatever they want to paint the team on a positive side no matter how silly they will look. They wont throw anyone under the bus.

I see very few teams saying things THIS stupid and deluded.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#6 » by swarlesbarkley » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:55 pm

We're basically at the same spot we were in when Dwight publicly said he didn't ask for a trade when SVG had just told reporters he did. A decade of disappointment and we're right back where we were!

I guess I shouldn't expect any better from owners who got rich off of a known pyramid scheme - they likely have little intelligence except to prey on the weak and to cover their own tails and that doesn't fly in a professional sporting association.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,099

Post#7 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:57 pm

Just start over. already Move Fournier, AG, TRoss if a solid deal comes in. Fire Clifford and hire a better HC who can work 1/2 court offense at an NBA level. Vuc has a sore back every other night and go for the #1 pick
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#8 » by jonbob17 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:59 pm

The next couple weeks will tell the story. If they fight for that play-in game rather than playing for the future, then we have our answer. This ownership group and the front office, just want to chase that money, and revenues are more important to them than competitiveness.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,217

Post#9 » by pepe1991 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:00 pm

Both of you are correct.

Talking about nba finals is crazy talk, but it's also part of his job to sell illusion.

Anyway, it's very obvious that we are looking at another painful rebuild.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#10 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:07 pm

I don’t give a damn what they say to the media so long as they do the right thing and the results are quality.

You want to tell the world you believe in this dumpster fire and we can win a title next year by bringing everyone back?

Fine. I don’t care.

So long as you flip your story to go out and actually pull off decent trades soon after.

The rumored deal with Boston for Smart + a young player + 2 picks + TPE for AG + Evan is a nice move.

I’ll believe it when I see it ...
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,217

Post#11 » by pepe1991 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:09 pm

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#12 » by zaymon » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:21 pm

Everyone wanted one of Gordon/ Fournier or both gone. Now they went crying to the media and everyone is acting like its end of the world. Funny.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#13 » by swarlesbarkley » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:29 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Both of you are correct.

Talking about nba finals is crazy talk, but it's also part of his job to sell illusion.

Losing AG and Evan doesn't mean total rebuild. It's not difficult to find guys to put up similar production as those two. If trade off Vuc then we are definitely going into total rebuild mode, though Isaac and Fultz are solid pieces to start with.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,963

Post#14 » by KillMonger » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:30 pm

inaction is the issue here....they simply took too long dealing these guys....now this happens and we look even more like an incompetent organization...writing was on the wall for both AG and Evan but the FO just sat on their hands.....honestly i got to wonder if clifford had something to do with holding on to them too long wanting to make the playoffs/play-in
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,564

Post#15 » by 3ddman23 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:35 pm

It is without question a complete and utter failure by this front office and organization how they are running things......

But honestly who cares? The Magic are truly the most irrelevant team in the nba. He'll maybe in all of major professional in the US. Nobody cares or really pays any attention. Most nba fans practially forget there in the nba half the time. It's just sad and a joke.

As long as money is coming in and they can say oo well we are atleast trying... "see we are the 8th seed in the East and Made the playoffs" that is all that matters right now. Until there is New ownership and someone else is running the ship nothing is going to change. We are officially the kings of the east and I don't see it changing anytime soon. So sad
GO MAGIC
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,970

Post#16 » by p0peye » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:57 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Both of you are correct.

Losing AG and Evan doesn't mean total rebuild. It's not difficult to find guys to put up similar production as those two. If trade off Vuc then we are definitely going into total rebuild mode, though Isaac and Fultz are solid pieces to start with.

That's the thing, Isaac and Fultz. Former can't stay on the floor for half a season and latter is nothing to brag about. But both are no longer on rookie contracts and will be eating up chunk of our cap next several years. Chances of them ending up as DPOY and All Star under those contracts are not improving. I understand that Vučević might be perfect complement to them and exactly a center they need to grow, but based on data at hand, I would deal all three of them and reboot. It might be faster.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#17 » by FFBlitzace » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:18 pm

We'll keep both AG and Fournier past the deadline.

"We expect to finish the season strong, the right way, establishing a winning culture. We expect Aaron and Evan will be excited to be part of this group moving forward."

*Evan walks*
*AG doesn't report to camp*
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,862

Post#18 » by Last Guardian » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:18 pm

GMs, coaches and entire roster is pretty much loser central. We have guards that don’t score, bigs that don’t defend, draft busts, guys who can’t move without getting injured, gms that don’t make any moves and a coach who is stuck in the 90s
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,864

Post#19 » by JF5 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:29 pm

How is this dysfunction? Gordon was going to be traded anyways and Fournier is denying he wants to be traded (though I do believe he's not coming back next year).

Obviously, this team has issues... But I don't believe things are that dire internally.

I'm hoping AG gets traded though as his value will drop tremendously if he not moved and we'll be in no position to bargain during the off-season/next season if he's not moved.
Just Plain Mark
Assistant Coach
And1: 193

Post#20 » by Just Plain Mark » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:33 pm

JF5 wrote:How is this dysfunction? Gordon was going to be traded anyways and Fournier is denying he wants to be traded (though I do believe he's not coming back next year).

Obviously, this team has issues... But I don't believe things are that dire internally.

I'm hoping AG gets traded though as his value will drop tremendously if he not moved and we'll be in no position to bargain during the off-season/next season if he's not moved.

This is dysfunction for two reasons: 1) The rest of the basketball world and some Magic fans think keeping the core together is a terrible idea; 2) Even if you grant that keeping the core together is theoretically a good idea, this front office has done a terrible job of setting themselves up to keep this core together (even if Evan wants to stay).

Return to Orlando Magic