ImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 Regular Season Game 43: Denver Nuggets (25-17) at Orlando Magic (14-28)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 43: Denver Nuggets (25-17) at Orlando Magic (14-28) 

Post#141 » by EAS Law » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:33 am

basketballRob wrote:
EAS Law wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I disagree, if we had any of those guys that you listed we would be a much better team. Except not really sold on Luka, because he's a bad defender also

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Not trying to argue over semantics, but how much better do you really think? I think Vuc is unfairly criticized, but I genuinely think our team and the alleged vision of this FO is so woefully off the mark, that none of the above would make us truly relevant, including LeBron. Our entire roster is constructed of guards that struggle to shoot the ball and tall, lanky athletes without a single refined basketball skill sans Vucevic. Who could seriously help this team if you swapped Vuc with them? I guess what I mean is, what do you see being different about our play style that amounts to a significant change in our performance?
You're way overating Vuc. Think about it, replace all of Vuc's minutes with Lebron over the years, how many championships do we have? Vuc just doesn't move the needle on winning. My opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Bro I’m positive we would still have zero titles. LeBron would maybe LeGM us to a better team lol but on the court alone, he’d have no one to pass to on the perimeter to be who he is.

Don’t get me wrong, Vuc has flaws that prevent him from being a true number 1, but I think he takes the heat because we simply wouldn’t expect more from AG, Fournier, or... I don’t even know. That exhausts the list of anyone we have that could reasonably have expectations placed on them.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 43: Denver Nuggets (25-17) at Orlando Magic (14-28) 

Post#142 » by 89Magicfan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:41 am

OrlandO wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
SOUL wrote:After tonight’s loss, @TheAthleticNBA asked Aaron Gordon if he still hopes for a trade before Thursday’s NBA trade deadline. His answer: “I’m focused on tomorrow night. As of right now, I’m an Orlando Magic, and I’ve been here for seven years and developed a home here and a sense of love and community here. So as long as I have Orlando on my chest, the Magic on my chest, I’m going to give it everything I have. So I’m focused on Phoenix tomorrow and getting that win.”

”As long as I have Orlando on my chest, the Magic on my chest, I’m going to give it everything I have.”

He said this too for anyone saying he's just being a dick. I think he's handling it as professionally as you can for requesting out.

It was such a genuine and candid response. He didn't deny anything. He was completely honest and professional about it, which I appreciated.

And I think his feelings are valid. I don't know how any Magic fan who has followed this team over the decade can't empathize with what Gordon said. I do not blame him for his feelings about this team or its direction.

You guys are out of your minds... there is nothing professional about gordon's exit. This dude is creating unnecessary drama on his way out.

Nah. Weham has done a terrible job. They created drama the day they said they needed a year to evaluate. The BS continued from there on out.

He’s being 100.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#143 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:42 am

Yeah, there is nothing professional about someone who has played on the worse run professional basketball franchise of the last 7 years wanting a change of scenery.

We're also the franchise that hasn't signed/drafted/traded for a starting-level point guard since he's been here. Let's also not forget we're the franchise who wrote they wanted to trade him for Dario Saric on a whiteboard and then decided to trade Dipo and Sabonis for his replacement.

As well as the franchise who has attempted to draft his replacement in the first round twice in the last 4 drafts && who has cycled through 4 coaching staff since the time we drafted him.

Why the hell would this guy want a trade? Why would other people be extremely frustrated with his organization as well?

Honestly, the only people in this fanbase who are "out of their minds" are the ones who can't see all the blame falls at the feet of our organization.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#144 » by fendilim » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:47 am

PrimeThyme wrote:Yeah, there is nothing professional about someone who has played on the worse run professional basketball franchise of the last 7 years wanting a change of scenery.

We're also the franchise that hasn't signed/drafted/traded for a starting-level point guard since he's been here. Let's also not forget we're the franchise who wrote they wanted to trade him for Dario Saric on a whiteboard and then decided to trade Dipo and Sabonis for his replacement.

As well as the franchise who has attempted to draft his replacement in the first round twice in the last 4 drafts && who has cycled through 4 coaching staff since the time we drafted him.

Why the hell would this guy want a trade? Why would other people be extremely frustrated with his organization as well?

Honestly, the only people in this fanbase who are "out of their minds" are the ones who can't see all the blame falls at the feet of our organization.

It is not his fault to feel frustrated at all. Thats just ridiculous.

What I can tell you is that Vuc has experienced even worse than Gordon. We signed Biyombo and even drafted Bamba. But he has managed to rise to above it.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#145 » by Def Swami » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:49 am

OrlandO wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
SOUL wrote:After tonight’s loss, @TheAthleticNBA asked Aaron Gordon if he still hopes for a trade before Thursday’s NBA trade deadline. His answer: “I’m focused on tomorrow night. As of right now, I’m an Orlando Magic, and I’ve been here for seven years and developed a home here and a sense of love and community here. So as long as I have Orlando on my chest, the Magic on my chest, I’m going to give it everything I have. So I’m focused on Phoenix tomorrow and getting that win.”

”As long as I have Orlando on my chest, the Magic on my chest, I’m going to give it everything I have.”

He said this too for anyone saying he's just being a dick. I think he's handling it as professionally as you can for requesting out.

It was such a genuine and candid response. He didn't deny anything. He was completely honest and professional about it, which I appreciated.

And I think his feelings are valid. I don't know how any Magic fan who has followed this team over the decade can't empathize with what Gordon said. I do not blame him for his feelings about this team or its direction.

You guys are out of your minds... there is nothing professional about gordon's exit. This dude is creating unnecessary drama on his way out.

How should a player go about requesting a trade then?

He's not dogging it like Harden. He's not denying or running away from it. It hasn't affected his game. He's saying he's continuing to play his best for Orlando as long as it's on his chest.

Or do you just disagree with the idea of players having agency to request a trade? Because if that's the case, then this is moot.
fendilim
RealGM

Post#146 » by fendilim » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:51 am

Def Swami wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
Def Swami wrote:It was such a genuine and candid response. He didn't deny anything. He was completely honest and professional about it, which I appreciated.

He's not dogging it like Harden. He's not denying or running away from it. It hasn't affected his game. He's saying he's continuing to play his best for Orlando as long as it's on his chest.

Or do you just disagree with the idea of players having agency to request a trade? Because if that's the case, then this is moot.
gordon is handling the trade request professionally.

Its not his fault How the request got public.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#147 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:51 am

OrlandO wrote:
Def Swami wrote:

Unnecessary Drama mate this FO created the drama by not adding a single offensive talent in 4 years. I’d be tired of the sit back wait till we’re healthy BS after the 3rd year as well.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#148 » by FFBlitzace » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:57 am

Alright, no jokes, here's my real take. I've always liked and defended AG, and while this is fairly classy as far as trade requests go, I still don't like it. I'm a bit of a hardliner when it comes to this. Players sign a contract for a stupid amount of money, and part of that agreement is that teams can trade you whether you like it or not. Another part of the agreement is that when your contract ends in one way or another, you can leave your team whether THEY like it or not. Neither players nor teams are victims in this agreement. The agreement is what it is and that's that. So with that being said, I don't like trade requests, from anybody. Furthermore, I'm not inclined to bend over backwards to frame AG asthe good guy, the tragic victim. I don't think he's a BAD guy, but he's not the good guy here either. He's been a core player for many years. He never got consistent, he always missed a chunk of games every season with various injuries, he never took himself or his team to the next level. Yes, this team is incompetent in many areas, on and off the court. But he's been part of the problem. I think he could conceivably be part of the (hypothetical) solution. He's still young, 25 years old. Skill-wise, he's not waking up tomorrow with any newfound talent. But he can still mature, make better decisions, improve his intangibles. Instead he's just ragequitting. I can't get behind that. I'm not going to hate him and boo him, but I'm not down with him requesting a trade either.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#149 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:06 am

fendilim wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:Yeah, there is nothing professional about someone who has played on the worse run professional basketball franchise of the last 7 years wanting a change of scenery.

What I can tell you is that Vuc has experienced even worse than Gordon. We signed Biyombo and even drafted Bamba. But he has managed to rise to above it.

A lot easier when the offense runs through you and you get minimal responsibility defensively.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,072

Post#150 » by SOUL » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:13 am

FFBlitzace wrote:Alright, no jokes, here's my real take. I've always liked and defended AG, and while this is fairly classy as far as trade requests go, I still don't like it. I'm a bit of a hardliner when it comes to this. Players sign a contract for a stupid amount of money, and part of that agreement is that teams can trade you whether you like it or not. Another part of the agreement is that when your contract ends in one way or another, you can leave your team whether THEY like it or not. Neither players nor teams are victims in this agreement. The agreement is what it is and that's that. So with that being said, I don't like trade requests, from anybody. Furthermore, I'm not inclined to bend over backwards to frame AG asthe good guy, the tragic victim. I don't think he's a BAD guy, but he's not the good guy here either. He's been a core player for many years. He never got consistent, he always missed a chunk of games every season with various injuries, he never took himself or his team to the next level. Yes, this team is incompetent in many areas, on and off the court. But he's been part of the problem. I think he could conceivably be part of the (hypothetical) solution. He's still young, 25 years old. Skill-wise, he's not waking up tomorrow with any newfound talent. But he can still mature, make better decisions, improve his intangibles. Instead he's just ragequitting. I can't get behind that. I'm not going to hate him and boo him, but I'm not down with him requesting a trade either.

I think that's implied in the response though that he and others just didn't get it done, so nobody should feel like he's a victim. But the team should do what's best for them and so should the players after a certain amount of time. If it was Chuma or Cole or someone requesting out, that's a whole different story.

Also if teams can leak things about x player being on the market or being shopped in trades, I don't see why it's an issue when a player requests to be traded no matter how much they're making, especially if their name is being floated. It's not like he's threatening to not play for the team if he isn't traded, but as far as his name being one of the hottest names on the trade market, his request is met with a "Well, duh.." than it being some shocking out of nowhere statement. The only caveat is his preference for contenders, but like all vets, that's kind of expected. Hell, one of the most common responses from fans was "his contract makes it so it's easy to trade him in the latter years". So while I agree with some points in wanting someone to see it through, we're a special sort of dysfunctional that I'm surprised more guys haven't bailed.

It might even save the franchise from itself since apparently we're still trying very hard to win these games.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#151 » by KillMonger » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:21 am

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
Def Swami wrote:It was such a genuine and candid response. He didn't deny anything. He was completely honest and professional about it, which I appreciated.

Nah. Weham has done a terrible job. They created drama the day they said they needed a year to evaluate. The BS continued from there on out.

He’s being 100.

big facts
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#152 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:36 am

fendilim wrote:

Agreed 100% and Vucevic still wants to stick around.
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#153 » by OrlandO » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:39 am

Def Swami wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

HE WAS ALREADY GOING TO BE TRADED. That's the point of requesting a trade behind closed doors, so you can keep it professional. He did not keep it that way though. In the 11th hour his camp leaked the request, basically put out demands of what type of teams to be traded to, and now he's publicly criticizing the team and trying to group his teammates in with those opinions. All from a career 12/6 player... imagine if every unhappy role player on a bad to average team did this. Gordon is a clown.
fendilim
RealGM

Post#154 » by fendilim » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:42 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
fendilim wrote:

A lot easier when the offense runs through you and you get minimal responsibility defensively.

Gordon has had his fair share on the offense and he has proven himself to be inefficient as one of the primary option.

His defense isnt as good as it was, btw.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#155 » by SOUL » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:44 am

OrlandO wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
OrlandO wrote:You guys are out of your minds... there is nothing professional about gordon's exit. This dude is creating unnecessary drama on his way out.

HE WAS ALREADY GOING TO BE TRADED. That's the point of requesting a trade behind closed doors, so you can keep it professional. He did not keep it that way though. In the 11th hour his camp leaked the request, basically put out demands of what type of teams to be traded to, and now he's publicly criticizing the team and trying to group his teammates in with those opinions. All from a career 12/6 player... imagine if every unhappy role player on a bad to average team did this. Gordon is a clown.

fendilim
RealGM

Post#156 » by fendilim » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:44 am

OrlandO wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
OrlandO wrote:You guys are out of your minds... there is nothing professional about gordon's exit. This dude is creating unnecessary drama on his way out.

Who from his camp leaked the request?
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#157 » by OrlandO » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:45 am

fendilim wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
Def Swami wrote:How should a player go about requesting a trade then?

Who from his camp leaked the request?

come on man... who else do you think is leaking that?
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,204

Post#158 » by thelead » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:50 am

OrlandO wrote:
Def Swami wrote:

HE WAS ALREADY GOING TO BE TRADED.

Are you sure? This FO has been the least active FO we've ever had. Henny made deals. Otis made deals. John Gabriel made deals. Pat Williams made deals. John freakin' Weisbrod did more positive things (traded tmac, drafted Dwight, signed Hedo) in 1 year on the job than these bums.

This FO has had 4 years and the only 'major' thing they have done is pick up Fultz for trash.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#159 » by OrlandO » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:50 am

SOUL wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
Def Swami wrote:How should a player go about requesting a trade then?

Yeah buddy, keep on giving him a pass for everything even when he goes out on a bad note.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#160 » by SOUL » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:03 am

Hey, I'm just happy we're going to trade players (fingers crossed). I've argued enough people over the years on the merits of chasing the 7th/8th seed with our current players.

Return to Orlando Magic