ImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 Regular Season Game 44: Phoenix Suns (29-13) at Orlando Magic (14-29)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 44: Phoenix Suns (29-13) at Orlando Magic (14-29) 

Post#161 » by fendilim » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:21 am

[streamable][/streamable]
Knightro wrote:Gordon is going to be traded for a middling return and they’re going to use the money saved to resign Fournier while staying out of the tax.

You just know that’s what’s going to happen.

Honestly i wouldnt be mad if we keep buddy ball if we can get a top 5 pick this year.

I think top 5 pick will be a primary scoring option 2-3 years after. Or maybe he becomes like lamelo or donovan mitchell where he just separates himself in his rookie year... i think we’ll be in good shape.

Top 5 pick
Isaac
Fournier
Vuc
Cole
Okeke
Fultz?

Timeline wont fit with Vuc and Evan but if our pick this year can have an impact right away... next yr wouldnt be that bad.then you have okeke who’ll likely be a better shooter next yr. then have a dpoy candidate in isaac, when healthy.

Evan would eventually have to take a step back to his strength as a catch and shoot guy who wont have to create all the time, which really only happened by default. Vuc will open the lane.

Honestly, i think having an rookie with an impact like lamelo or donovan mitchell in their rookie year, to team up with our healthy team. It wouldnt be that bad at all.i think we have a better team compared to lamelo’s supporting cast.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 44: Phoenix Suns (29-13) at Orlando Magic (14-29) 

Post#162 » by Skin » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:29 am

fendilim wrote:[streamable][/streamable]
Knightro wrote:Gordon is going to be traded for a middling return and they’re going to use the money saved to resign Fournier while staying out of the tax.

You just know that’s what’s going to happen.

Honestly i wouldnt be mad if we keep buddy ball if we can get a top 5 pick this year.

I think top 5 pick will be a primary scoring option 2-3 years after. Or maybe he becomes like lamelo or donovan mitchell where he just separates himself in his rookie year... i think we’ll be in good shape.

Top 5 pick
Isaac
Fournier
Vuc
Cole
Okeke
Fultz?

Timeline wont fit with Vuc and Evan but if our pick this year can have an impact right away... next yr wouldnt be that bad.then you have okeke who’ll likely be a better shooter next yr. then have a dpoy candidate in isaac, when healthy.

Evan would eventually have to take a step back to his strength as a catch and shoot guy who wont have to create all the time, which really only happened by default. Vuc will open the lane.

Honestly, i think having an rookie with an impact like lamelo or donovan mitchell in their rookie year, to team up with our healthy team. It wouldnt be that bad at all.i think we have a better team compared to lamelo’s supporting cast.

Buddy ball would kill the development of our top pick. He needs freedom to operate.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#163 » by Def Swami » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:25 am

Like I said in another thread, these are all sincere and good guys. And I think this group of players enjoys being around each other.
Read on Twitter
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#164 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:43 am

Def Swami wrote:Like I said in another thread, these are all sincere and good guys. And I think this group of players enjoys being around each other.
Read on Twitter

They are all good guys and they all gave everything they are capable of on the floor. I just rolled my eyes at the second question though. Yes, it would mean a lot to him and Vuc to win here, but that is not reality. They accomplished the absolute maximum they could together and that was being 2 games above .500 and getting trounced in the first round. That's the ceiling. Enough of this romanticism around this core of players just because they've been here forever with lazy front offices. It's not like they are friggin' Stockton and Malone.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,076

Post#165 » by SOUL » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:47 am

Although I don't want to run it back with this core anymore, Fournier is probably the one dude I'd want to have a beer with IRL. Seems like a funny/cool dude.

Return to Orlando Magic