ImageImageImageImage

Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 10,721
And1: 2,277
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#421 » by RookieStar » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:29 pm

basketballRob wrote:
zaymon wrote:I dont know if its possible to play him at the 4 this year. Not at 270 lbs. Vucevic weights 260.
Not like we have to worry about winning anyway. So might as well take a look at it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app


Im all for it. As long as it doesn't shake his confidence when opposing PFs just drive or blow by around him.
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 9,031
And1: 12,196
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#422 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:52 am

I ate my crow for Okeke, but now I'm going to dish some out for WCJ. I got some heat for saying that he was already a walking Double Double when the trade happened but you saw tonight what he can do with 30 plus minutes. As he develops the 3pt shot and continues to grow confidence offensively, he's only going to keep getting better.

I called him Al Horford when the trade happened, && I'm only feeling more confident in my prediction now. He was not just some bust throw-in, he is already a quality NBA starting-level player with upside.

This trade to me is still aging like a fine wine. I really liked it when it happened, && I'm slowly starting to love it.
Image
User avatar
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
Posts: 16,184
And1: 11,460
Joined: May 19, 2007
 

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#423 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:13 am

If WCJ just stays at his current level (not 20/10, but just good solid winning basketball on both ends) and the two picks end up as decent lottery picks then this trade was a home run.
Image
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 29,238
And1: 5,070
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#424 » by drsd » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:09 pm

Vučević has still not won a game as a Bull.
uraverage
Pro Prospect
Posts: 870
And1: 310
Joined: Jun 11, 2015
 

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#425 » by uraverage » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:31 pm

drsd wrote:Vučević has still not won a game as a Bull.



And now their other star is injured. Things that make you go hmmm... I'm not blaming Vuc, but strange coincidence. :D
User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 10,721
And1: 2,277
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#426 » by RookieStar » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:27 pm

LOL Are we really claiming V is our Trojan Horse? Come to sabotage other teams?
zaymon
Veteran
Posts: 2,993
And1: 1,645
Joined: Jul 01, 2015
   

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#427 » by zaymon » Sat Apr 3, 2021 9:09 am

I was a big fan of Carter over Bamba coming into the draft. Now Clifford can end the dispute.
Goodbye Vucevic, welcome lotttery picks !!!
Happysad.
basketballRob
RealGM
Posts: 12,796
And1: 5,333
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#428 » by basketballRob » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:29 am

zaymon wrote:I was a big fan of Carter over Bamba coming into the draft. Now Clifford can end the dispute.
https://youtu.be/SiRzE1PvQSk

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
bigdogdylan5
Veteran
Posts: 2,532
And1: 1,135
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#429 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:11 pm

drsd wrote:Vučević has still not won a game as a Bull.

I am so conflicted because I want that pick to be good but also terrified that it won’t convey
Magic BaT
Garrity's Gang
Owners: bigdogdylan5
PG Rod Strickland
SG Jason Richardson
SF Doug Christie
PF Al Harrington
C Shawn Kemp
Sixth man: Kenny Smith
Coach: Rick Carlisle
basketballRob
RealGM
Posts: 12,796
And1: 5,333
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#430 » by basketballRob » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:30 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
drsd wrote:Vučević has still not won a game as a Bull.

I am so conflicted because I want that pick to be good but also terrified that it won’t convey
They are 8th now and have around a 26% chance of getting a top 4 pick. I'd take those odds.



Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
DroseReturnChi
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,738
And1: 1,214
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
       

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#431 » by DroseReturnChi » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:58 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
drsd wrote:Vučević has still not won a game as a Bull.

I am so conflicted because I want that pick to be good but also terrified that it won’t convey


dont worry you will get the 5th-10th bc AK already all ined.
If he does stupid stuff like tanking, he will get fired with BD so Bulls wont be bad as worst but competitive to become bottom 10.
His stupidity will cost a top 5 pick in 2023 is what I really fear. Protection was way too loose.
God told Derrick to rise, so Derrick Rose.
cedric76
RealGM
Posts: 13,218
And1: 2,535
Joined: May 28, 2005

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#432 » by cedric76 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:58 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:
drsd wrote:Vučević has still not won a game as a Bull.

I am so conflicted because I want that pick to be good but also terrified that it won’t convey


dont worry you will get the 5th-10th bc AK already all ined.
If he does stupid stuff like tanking, he will get fired with BD so Bulls wont be bad as worst but competitive to become bottom 10.
His stupidity will cost a top 5 pick in 2023 is what I really fear. Protection was way too loose.


Someone doesn't understand how lottery work
Cabbage bulls
Junior
Posts: 296
And1: 254
Joined: Dec 19, 2020
 

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#433 » by Cabbage bulls » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:45 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:I ate my crow for Okeke, but now I'm going to dish some out for WCJ. I got some heat for saying that he was already a walking Double Double when the trade happened but you saw tonight what he can do with 30 plus minutes. As he develops the 3pt shot and continues to grow confidence offensively, he's only going to keep getting better.

I called him Al Horford when the trade happened, && I'm only feeling more confident in my prediction now. He was not just some bust throw-in, he is already a quality NBA starting-level player with upside.

This trade to me is still aging like a fine wine. I really liked it when it happened, && I'm slowly starting to love it.

You will be sorely disappointed if you are expecting Al Horford. WCJ isn't even a dollar store Al Horford.
OrlMagic05
Rookie
Posts: 1,182
And1: 677
Joined: Aug 01, 2014
 

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#434 » by OrlMagic05 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:02 pm

Cabbage bulls wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I ate my crow for Okeke, but now I'm going to dish some out for WCJ. I got some heat for saying that he was already a walking Double Double when the trade happened but you saw tonight what he can do with 30 plus minutes. As he develops the 3pt shot and continues to grow confidence offensively, he's only going to keep getting better.

I called him Al Horford when the trade happened, && I'm only feeling more confident in my prediction now. He was not just some bust throw-in, he is already a quality NBA starting-level player with upside.

This trade to me is still aging like a fine wine. I really liked it when it happened, && I'm slowly starting to love it.

You will be sorely disappointed if you are expecting Al Horford. WCJ isn't even a dollar store Al Horford.


15ppg 10reb 1.4blks with a 28PER isnt too shabby so far..
Bakomagic
Pro Prospect
Posts: 912
And1: 565
Joined: Feb 24, 2009

Re: Nikola Vučević and Al-Farouq Aminu traded to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr and 2021/2023 1st Round Picks 

Post#435 » by Bakomagic » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:07 pm

Magic fans are only looking for a Center that is solid on both ends and is not overpaid to be that.

WCjr seems to fit the Bill for now. Bulls fans make WCjr seem like Bismack Biyombo on Offense and Vuc on Defense.

Return to Orlando Magic