ImageImageImageImage

Time for some Positivity again

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,643

Re: Time for some Positivity again 

Post#41 » by Rainwater » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:28 pm

They get an A just for gutting, they just need to build it up correctly.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,783

Post#42 » by Audi » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:32 pm

If we are honest about it, this is an ideal time in the sport to hit detonate. Today’s peaking stars are fleeing to major markets to play with each other and ring chase. This micro-era is not one we were or are destined to compete in for a championship. We can now fully acknowledge that ship has sailed but take solace in knowing we weren’t even on the guest list.

But as stars do, they too will fade over time. Now we embark on the journey of finding and polishing the stars of the future.. in hopes they someday shine on our beloved franchise once again.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#43 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:42 pm

Audi wrote:If we are honest about it, this is an ideal time in the sport to hit detonate. Today’s peaking stars are fleeing to major markets to play with each other and ring chase. This micro-era is not one we were or are destined to compete in for a championship. We can now fully acknowledge that ship has sailed but take solace in knowing we weren’t even on the guest list.

But as stars do, they too will fade over time. Now we embark on the journey of finding and polishing the stars of the future.. in hopes they someday shine on our beloved franchise once again.
It's also ideal in that all the streaming services don't have Fox Sports Florida right now so we are not tempted to watched pathetic Magic basketball. Tank a thon on the downlow. Also seating capacity at the arena is capped due to the virus. Tank now for 2030!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
penny_nz
Analyst
And1: 1,556

Post#44 » by penny_nz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:39 am

So I was thinking about it all on the driving range before, and came to this conclusion:

We need ONE of Fultz, Cole or RJ to pan out as a legit starting PG
We need ONE of Bamba or Carter Jr to pan out as a starting C
We need Isaac to prove he can stay healthy
And we need the ping pong ball god's to be kind OR use collateral to move up in this year's draft and chose the best wing scorer you can get

Still a lot of its and buts and luck, but thinking of it in that way was comforting that we didn't need to hit on EVERYTHING, just my 2c
I still believe in Magic! Welcome to the Franz & Paolo era
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,007

Post#45 » by Ducklett » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:13 am

Is Clifford still our coach?
Is WetHam still drafting our picks?
Are Fultz, Isaac, and Bamba still made of glass?
Is the 2021 draft even good? Are the top 5 actually stars or a product of the media?

The answers to those questions are not in our favor. There is literally nothing to be excited about.
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 838

Post#46 » by I Rasharted » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:49 am

GameOver25 wrote:Now I will probably order league pass and start watching them play again.

Right? Not this season but definitely next season.
basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
BCS
Sixth Man
And1: 675

Post#47 » by BCS » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:21 pm

RookieStar wrote:Positivity?

Hmmmm... we gonna suck next season as well. Buuuttttt... our young guys, except for Cade (lol ) aren't really that "noobish" so they could fight it out. I mean, next season will be the 1st season in a while where everyone will be rooting for a win no? No tanking for Chet or Banchero? So there's your positivity.
I will not be wanting to try to tank next year. As long as our core is our young players...Fultz, JI, Okeke, Cole, WCjr, MO, #1 pick this year, etc...

Reason being, is if we are better than expected, that means we did good on the draft and our young players took their games to the next level. Also 2022 there will be a better class of free agents...if we surprise next year with young players and our cap that year to likely sign 2 max free agents, we could entice players to sign here as the team is already young and competitive...that is best case scenario but everything has to go our way...I can't recall the last time that happened lol

Sent from my SM-A716U using RealGM mobile app
penny_nz
Analyst
And1: 1,556

Post#48 » by penny_nz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:11 pm

I Rasharted wrote:
GameOver25 wrote:Now I will probably order league pass and start watching them play again.

Right? Not this season but definitely next season.

I never stopped, and will continue to watch. I just love the Magic, even when they drive me mad, seeing a different brand of non-buddy ball centric basketball, and hopefully soon seeing our young guns back is exciting personally, even if they wrack up Ls. Long game
I still believe in Magic! Welcome to the Franz & Paolo era
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#49 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:51 pm

penny_nz wrote:So I was thinking about it all on the driving range before, and came to this conclusion:

We need ONE of Fultz, Cole or RJ to pan out as a legit starting PG
We need ONE of Bamba or Carter Jr to pan out as a starting C

We need Isaac to prove he can stay healthy
And we need the ping pong ball god's to be kind OR use collateral to move up in this year's draft and chose the best wing scorer you can get

Still a lot of its and buts and luck, but thinking of it in that way was comforting that we didn't need to hit on EVERYTHING, just my 2c

I don't believe any of those things are going to happen. I also don't think they need to happen. They only need to happen if WeHam are too lazy or incompetent to find better alternatives.

Anyway, I think this place is about to be become a lot more positive because there is the hope of a new beginning. That is until pepe comes into every thread and antagonises everybody again. I already have a renewed interest in watching the team even though I'm not that high on anyone on the roster.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#50 » by The Effect » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:04 am

Ducklett wrote:Is Clifford still our coach?
Is WetHam still drafting our picks?
Are Fultz, Isaac, and Bamba still made of glass?
Is the 2021 draft even good? Are the top 5 actually stars or a product of the media?

The answers to those questions are not in our favor. There is literally nothing to be excited about.

I get the hesitation in the first 3 questions, but, this years draft is really nice at the top. Most years its the top 2-3 guys, this year theres a legit 7-8 players at the top who will be starters day one and be impact guys, and atleast 3-4 who will be franchise changing players
That might be a little optimistic, but i think this is better than the last 2 drafts and behind only the top of the 2018 draft for the best of the past 7-8 years
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 585

Post#51 » by MasterGMer » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:14 am

This draft is very good. But for the rest of the season? I hope our role players play well and be competitive. That will show their characters and improve their games. But as a matter of fact, we will lose majority of our games and I do hope so. But I just want them to fight. Especially our young guys.

There are lots to root for watching a game. Bamba, RJ Hampton, Okeke, Wendell Carter and more young guys.

I will be rooting for them hard.

That is some positivity!

Return to Orlando Magic