ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,205

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1101 » by thelead » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:05 pm

tooler wrote:To me it's like politics. You can spend time arguing that your way is the best, but it's easier to sit back and focus on the entertainment.

I do think that if a social group doesn't want to engage with that level of pedantry and argumentativeness that it would be best to respectfully dial it back a bit. I'm somewhat of an oddity on the Internet in that regard.

Yeah, you're right. I'm going to continue my commentary here and there but will not be drawn into another rabbit hole of pointless debate that we've already had ad nauseam.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1102 » by zaymon » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:30 pm

I like Cannady. If we want to win next year i would had him in our reserve rotation over Hampton who is showing little right now. Trading Ross in the offseason makes more and more sense. Our guard rotation is a mess, hope Cade can guard 3s :P
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#1103 » by RookieStar » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:47 pm

zaymon wrote:I like Cannady. If we want to win next year i would had him in our reserve rotation over Hampton who is showing little right now. Trading Ross in the offseason makes more and more sense. Our guard rotation is a mess, hope Cade can guard 3s :P

PG- Fultz Cole MCW
SG- Harris RJ Moody/Bouknight
SF- Cade Chuma Ross
PF - JI
C- WCJ Mamba

I actually think we are pretty thin up-front compared to our guards. With Fultz coming back and MCW healthy, the vet guidance can hopefully settle down Cole , RJ and Cade ( lol pls be true ) for ball distribution. Hopefully a proper off-season where they can develop and a proper training camp/summer league will have them in proper mind.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#1104 » by pepe1991 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:14 am

RookieStar wrote:
zaymon wrote:I like Cannady. If we want to win next year i would had him in our reserve rotation over Hampton who is showing little right now. Trading Ross in the offseason makes more and more sense. Our guard rotation is a mess, hope Cade can guard 3s :P

PG- Fultz Cole MCW
SF- Cade Chuma Ross
PF - JI
C- WCJ Mamba

I actually think we are pretty thin up-front compared to our guards. With Fultz coming back and MCW healthy, the vet guidance can hopefully settle down Cole , RJ and Cade ( lol pls be true ) for ball distribution. Hopefully a proper off-season where they can develop and a proper training camp/summer league will have them in proper mind.

That PG-SG rotation is deep in body count, very thin talent wise.
As far as Moody with Bulls goes, since Bulls can't draft 5th, 6th or 7th ( in this moment) i highly doubt he would be in that pick range.

As far as Fultz goes, is he even projected to be ready for next year? If it takes 12 -13 months to get back,he won't be back until February of 2022, if nba goes back at old schedule, it's tail end of 2021-22 season.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1105 » by RookieStar » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:29 am

pepe1991 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

PG- Fultz Cole MCW
SF- Cade Chuma Ross
PF - JI
C- WCJ Mamba

That PG-SG rotation is deep in body count, very thin talent wise.
As far as Moody with Bulls goes, since Bulls can't draft 5th, 6th or 7th ( in this moment) i highly doubt he would be in that pick range.

As far as Fultz goes, is he even projected to be ready for next year? If it takes 12 -13 months to get back,he won't be back until February of 2022, if nba goes back at old schedule, it's tail end of 2021-22 season.

I have to agree with Moody/whoever with the Bulls pick. Lets just say someone in that caliber because the 6-15 are more or less sg/sf so you can substitute that to Kispert/Wagner/etc

Yeah its deep in body count but Im hoping a proper offseason with proper NBA trainers, a proper summer league ,a proper summercamp and etc. would season the 2-3 rooks with our 3 sophomores.

As to Fultz I dont know or cant say for sure. I mean we all know different strokes for different folks. Some players came back less than a year, some came back 1 year or so and etc. I dont know which category Fultz is in but the optimist in me say December.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#1106 » by basketballRob » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Looking forward to watching the Bulls implode. Already Young is reportedly not happy and Lauri wants out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1107 » by RookieStar » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:45 pm

basketballRob wrote:Looking forward to watching the Bulls implode. Already Young is reportedly not happy and Lauri wants out.

I hope not this season.. otherwise they might get a top-4 pick lol
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#1108 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:47 am

thelead wrote:
zaymon wrote:
thelead wrote:So... to recap... when our sucky, broken players were not injured we made the playoffs...

and when the sucky broken players were injured, we became one of the worst teams in the nba...

Which one is it? Does Fultz and JI suck or do they help turn a bad team into a marginal playoff team?

I love Isaac, and still have some hope for Fultz but they were not the reason we made playoffs. It was mainly Vucevic and Fournier. Young guys only made it harder for them.

So why couldn't Vuc and Evan win more games this season?

For the most part, Evan was injured most of the season while without Fultz and Isaac amongst other roster issues, the team was depleted.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
thelead
RealGM

Post#1109 » by thelead » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:48 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
thelead wrote:
zaymon wrote:
I love Isaac, and still have some hope for Fultz but they were not the reason we made playoffs. It was mainly Vucevic and Fournier. Young guys only made it harder for them.

So why couldn't Vuc and Evan win more games this season?

For the most part, Evan was injured most of the season while without Fultz and Isaac amongst other roster issues, the team was depleted.

We were an amazing 13-17 when he played. Find another excuse for why we sucked.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#1110 » by MoMM » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:09 am

thelead wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
thelead wrote:So why couldn't Vuc and Evan win more games this season?

We were a 50% team, every starting player matters. I don't know how many close games we lost, but by simple replacing Aminu or Clark for JI would really make a difference and perhaps we could have won those games.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#1111 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:19 pm

thelead wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
thelead wrote:So why couldn't Vuc and Evan win more games this season?

He played with Fultz and Isaac during those games?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
thelead
RealGM

Post#1112 » by thelead » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:56 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
thelead wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

No but the person I responded to literally said:

'I love Isaac, and still have some hope for Fultz but they were not the reason we made playoffs. It was mainly Vucevic and Fournier. Young guys only made it harder for them.'
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#1113 » by zaymon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:18 pm

thelead wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
thelead wrote:We were an amazing 13-17 when he played. Find another excuse for why we sucked.

'I love Isaac, and still have some hope for Fultz but they were not the reason we made playoffs. It was mainly Vucevic and Fournier. Young guys only made it harder for them.'

Fultz and Isaac were low level nba starters but they were starters which is impressive given their age. Players we had to replace them with were 3rd stringers and g leaguers. Let go of the hate. Fournier and Vucevic were not good enough to win titles but they were good enough to carry young flawed players to the playoffs.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#1114 » by drsd » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:39 pm

zaymon wrote:Fultz and Isaac were low level nba starters but they were starters which is impressive given their age. Players we had to replace them with were 3rd stringers and g leaguers. Let go of the hate. Fournier and Vucevic were not good enough to win titles but they were good enough to carry young flawed players to the playoffs.

And-1

Let's imagine a fully healthy 2020/21 roster:

Fultz/Carter-Williams/Anthony/Bone(2W)
Fournier/Ross/Bacon/Mané(2W)
Isaac/Ennis/Clark
Gordon/Aminu/Okeke
Vučević/Birch/Bamba

Looking at how the East became, right now Orlando and Atlanta would be duking it out for the 4-seed in the East. I am sure about that.
But the what if is pointless. The Magic was injured extensively.

That led to a projected 3rd stringer already starting 39 games (Bacon), and backup starting 35, 23 and 14 (Ennis, Carter-Williams, and Aminu). Rookies starting 21 and 16 games (Anthony and Okeke).

Gary Clark started 11 games. That sentence sums up this Magic season.

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#1115 » by basketballRob » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:42 pm

drsd wrote:
zaymon wrote:Fultz and Isaac were low level nba starters but they were starters which is impressive given their age. Players we had to replace them with were 3rd stringers and g leaguers. Let go of the hate. Fournier and Vucevic were not good enough to win titles but they were good enough to carry young flawed players to the playoffs.

And-1

Let's imagine a fully healthy 2020/21 roster:

Fultz/Carter-Williams/Anthony/Bone(2W)
Fournier/Ross/Bacon/Mané(2W)
Isaac/Ennis/Clark
Gordon/Aminu/Okeke
Vučević/Birch/Bamba

Looking at how the East became, right now Orlando and Atlanta would be duking it out for the 4-seed in the East. I am sure about that.
But the what if is pointless. The Magic was injured extensively.

A lot of teams have what ifs this year.

drsd
RealGM

Post#1116 » by drsd » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:55 pm

basketballRob wrote:A lot of teams have what ifs this year.

Indeed!

But: I estimate that Orlando will miss 400 player games to injury this year. I will count them when it is all done. But even with 10 games less than a typical season, I wonder if Orlando will set the league record for most missed games in one season.

drsd
RealGM

Post#1117 » by drsd » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:01 pm

drsd wrote:Gary Clark started 11 games. That sentence sums up this Magic season.

Conceptually, did Clark play a top-5 worst-ever Magic season for Orlando this year. It feels like he was worse than Jeryl Sasser in 02/03 (75 games played with 2.6 ppg in 13.7 mpg; all on an eFG of 34%), but Clark was not THAT bad.

thelead
RealGM

Post#1118 » by thelead » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:02 pm

zaymon wrote:
thelead wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Fultz and Isaac were low level nba starters but they were starters which is impressive given their age. Players we had to replace them with were 3rd stringers and g leaguers. Let go of the hate. Fournier and Vucevic were not good enough to win titles but they were good enough to carry young flawed players to the playoffs.

You call it hate. I call it reality. To show you how much I 'hate' them, I wouldn't mind bringing them back... especially Evan since I think Vuc will still be overpaid on his next contract.
thelead
RealGM

Post#1119 » by thelead » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:22 pm

If people don't think JI's defense won games, you're clueless about basketball. JI was not 'carried' to the playoffs lol. He isn't a reliable scorer but that is equally dumb as me saying JI's defense 'carried' Vuc's offense to the playoffs.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#1120 » by pepe1991 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:40 pm

thelead wrote:If people don't think JI's defense won games, you're clueless about basketball. JI was not 'carried' to the playoffs lol. He isn't a reliable scorer but that is equally dumb as me saying JI's defense 'carried' Vuc's offense to the playoffs.

you look at his stats, and sure we did play bit better with him ( +0,7 net rating of him, Magic net rating of -1,3 overall) but in terms of cold blooded facts and wins, we had 18-21 record without him and 15-19 with him so we actually won more games ( by slim margin) when he didn't play.

It' doesn't change fact that he was positive contributor when he did play. But people here try to paint him into Pippen/ David Robinson in terms of impact where his impact is more like Myles Turner, who leads league in blocks but nobody gives a flying f*** about.
It's such a meaningless data that i had to check to even have any clue who is in top 5. Chris Boucer ( bench player), Noel ( bench player), Jakob Poelti ( fringe starter ) are in top 6.

Isaac is good player, but if you think he will make any difference on a team where Cole Anthony, Hampton and other clueless bodies are running team, you are fooling yourself. If anything, both him and Fultz wlil get pretty much exposed as one can't run offense and other doesn't have offense. But let's save that talk for next year.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic