ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,404

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1261 » by Bensational » Wed May 5, 2021 10:08 pm

The difference between the Bulls with Vuc and this tank-squad is one win since the trade. A bunch of bench vets, 20 year old rookies and some g-leaguers have been almost as successful as that team chasing the playoffs.

Magic should've insisted on a pick swap if the Bulls landed in the top 3, instead of straight up top 3 protections.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,818

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1262 » by RookieStar » Wed May 5, 2021 10:45 pm

basketballRob wrote:WCJ out tonight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Excellent! We make sure to negate our advantage over the C's down low to ensure a favorable outcome for us.

Just scared Wagner would take this as a revenge game and balls out lol
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#1263 » by KillMonger » Thu May 6, 2021 12:59 am

random thought but...should we have picked julius randle instead of AG?
Dub_Sax
Rookie
And1: 111

Post#1264 » by Dub_Sax » Thu May 6, 2021 3:03 am

KillMonger wrote:random thought but...should we have picked julius randle instead of AG?
YUP!

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#1265 » by KillMonger » Thu May 6, 2021 3:06 am

Dub_Sax wrote:
KillMonger wrote:random thought but...should we have picked julius randle instead of AG?
YUP!

i'm talking about at the time....Julius was better than AG in college wasn't he? why did we end up picking AG over him?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1266 » by RookieStar » Thu May 6, 2021 3:11 am

KillMonger wrote:
Dub_Sax wrote:
YUP!

i'm talking about at the time....Julius was better than AG in college wasn't he? why did we end up picking AG over him?

Because as in every draft, AG has what everyonr is looking for.. POTENTIAL
uraverage
Rookie
And1: 461

Post#1267 » by uraverage » Thu May 6, 2021 3:17 am

We could have drafted Exum so we dodged that bullet.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,350

Post#1268 » by Knightro » Thu May 6, 2021 3:18 am

Gordon provided more overall value than Randle before this season. More win shares, higher VORP, much better OnCourt and On-Off splits.

Randle has obviously blown up this year and full credit to him for that, but I'm not killing the Magic or any other team for Randle finally figuring it out in Year 7 on his third NBA team.
Dub_Sax
Rookie
And1: 111

Post#1269 » by Dub_Sax » Thu May 6, 2021 3:19 am

KillMonger wrote:
Dub_Sax wrote:
YUP!

Prolly the same reason we picked whoever we picked over Devin Booker.. that pissed me off even more because I read/heard that he wanted to come here.

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,554

Post#1270 » by SOUL » Thu May 6, 2021 3:26 am

We would've traded Randle before his breakout year this year. Didn't play defense and was kinda one dimensional on offense and out of control.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,716

Post#1271 » by basketballRob » Thu May 6, 2021 3:29 am

Randle had a leg injury or something that hurt him in the draft.

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1272 » by RookieStar » Thu May 6, 2021 3:30 am

Dub_Sax wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
Dub_Sax wrote:YUP!

Prolly the same reason we picked whoever we picked over Devin Booker.. that pissed me off even more because I read/heard that he wanted to come here.

Well not to be that guy but that really doesnt work for everyone. Didnt SAC pick Bagley ahead of Luka because Bagley let it be known to everyone that he wanted SAC to pick him.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#1273 » by KillMonger » Fri May 7, 2021 2:04 am

Grain of salt but apparently there is a report out there that says among NBA officials Clifford is one of the coaches on shaky ground....if true it makes sense....if you're taking the roster in a different direction the FO might want a guy they pick instead of who alex martins wanted....if it's true that is
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,650

Post#1274 » by thelead » Fri May 7, 2021 2:08 am

KillMonger wrote:Grain of salt but apparently there is a report out there that says among NBA officials Clifford is one of the coaches on shaky ground....if true it makes sense....if you're taking the roster in a different direction the FO might want a guy they pick instead of who alex martins wanted....if it's true that is

No one really knows but I did notice his tone change immediately after that first post game interview after the trades. I’m not sure if he was just frustrated with the FO or the players for that first post game but his tone softened dramatically after that one.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,350

Post#1275 » by Knightro » Fri May 7, 2021 2:23 am

KillMonger wrote:Grain of salt but apparently there is a report out there that says among NBA officials Clifford is one of the coaches on shaky ground....if true it makes sense....if you're taking the roster in a different direction the FO might want a guy they pick instead of who alex martins wanted....if it's true that is

IMO if they are firing Clifford then ownership should just go ahead and cut the cord and fire the front office as well.

Just start fresh.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,716

Post#1276 » by basketballRob » Fri May 7, 2021 2:33 am

I doubt they fire those guys and spend more money to replace them next season.

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#1278 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri May 7, 2021 12:47 pm

Knightro wrote:

IMO if they are firing Clifford then ownership should just go ahead and cut the cord and fire the front office as well.

Just start fresh.

I don’t think ownership signs off on all the trades this season if the front office are on the hot seat.

With that being said though, I don’t think Clifford is the coach of this team next season
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#1279 » by pepe1991 » Fri May 7, 2021 1:09 pm

Even if you fire him, who da hell wants to take team with like 4 out of 6 key guys being not so amazing talents and also broken with injuries? It's career suicide for anybody who takes it.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#1280 » by tiderulz » Fri May 7, 2021 1:54 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Even if you fire him, who da hell wants to take team with like 4 out of 6 key guys being not so amazing talents and also broken with injuries? It's career suicide for anybody who takes it.

it depends. If we get Cade or Suggs, with the other young players, i could see a good young asst coach considering it

Return to Orlando Magic