ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1561 » by drsd » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:23 am

pepe1991 wrote:Wall and Walker would still be by far our best players :dontknow:

My point was if Houston traded Wall to OKC for Walker. What does either team get out of that trade???

I guess Kemba Walker being on "only" 35M is a savings for the Rockets. Maybe OKC gets a 20th FRP out of that trade ???

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,450

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1562 » by Bensational » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:32 am

I wonder if the Mavs/Bulls would consider a Porzi/Vuc swap? Fournier could go sign with Dallas, too.

I'm not joking, either. I think a Vuc/Fournier/Doncic lineup would be interesting with some really strong defenders at the 3 and 4.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,829

Post#1563 » by RookieStar » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:22 am

drsd wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Well... good thing OKC has a gazillion picks for sweeteners then.

Are they now up to 19 FRPs over the next 6 years?

I think everyone stopped counting after 10
drsd
RealGM

Post#1564 » by drsd » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:49 am

A nice Weltman interview. Interesting is the relationship of the FA market driving the draft.

LINK: Orlando Magic Continue Aggressive Approach to the Offseason
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,721

Post#1565 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:33 am

One reason a team like Dallas would trade Porzingas for a Gary Harris is to free up salary. They'd gain another 13m this year to go after free agents. Next season his contract is off the books, and they're free from Porzingas large contract. They'd also receive a 13m TPE, because in that scenario Orlando would absorb the difference with cap space.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,007

Post#1566 » by Ducklett » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:12 pm

basketballRob wrote:One reason a team like Dallas would trade Porzingas for a Gary Harris is to free up salary. They'd gain another 13m this year to go after free agents. Next season his contract is off the books, and they're free from Porzingas large contract. They'd also receive a 13m TPE, because in that scenario Orlando would absorb the difference with cap space.

What do we get out of taking on the worst contract in the NBA exactly?
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1567 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:27 pm

Ducklett wrote:
basketballRob wrote:One reason a team like Dallas would trade Porzingas for a Gary Harris is to free up salary. They'd gain another 13m this year to go after free agents. Next season his contract is off the books, and they're free from Porzingas large contract. They'd also receive a 13m TPE, because in that scenario Orlando would absorb the difference with cap space.

I'm using him as an example of how Harris' contract could be valuable. An expiring contract and additional cap space freed up.

Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,007

Post#1568 » by Ducklett » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:30 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

I'm using him as an example of how Harris' contract could be valuable. An expiring contract and additional cap space freed up.

My bad! This is why you don't post at 9:30 AM!
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1569 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:34 pm

Ducklett wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

My bad! This is why you don't post at 9:30 AM!
Not necessarily Porzingas, but with our flexibility we could probably land a really good player, if that's the route we opt to go.

ARandomStranger
Sophomore
And1: 143

Post#1570 » by ARandomStranger » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:16 pm

I don't want Porzingas near this team. He is constantly injured and his game has been the same since he arrived in the NBA. Also his complaining after their loss in the first round, which falls a lot on him, shows he is immature in the worst way. No, thanks.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#1571 » by MagicTownBaller » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:32 am

I think Orlando will make a move for Ben Simmons, I hope not but I could see them doing it.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,702

Post#1572 » by Viper1500 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:43 am

MagicTownBaller wrote:I think Orlando will make a move for Ben Simmons, I hope not but I could see them doing it.

If Philly trades Simmons, it would be for players who will help them win a championship. We don’t have anyone that would interest them outside of a healthy Isaac.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,973

Post#1573 » by MagicMatic » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:52 am

drsd wrote:A nice Weltman interview. Interesting is the relationship of the FA market driving the draft.

LINK: Orlando Magic Continue Aggressive Approach to the Offseason

Lol the “aggressive approach” to free agency for Orlando.

What’s that look like? Overpaying a washed role player looking for a payday? Might as well just resign Gary Harris and Otto Porter.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1574 » by RookieStar » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:09 am

Viper1500 wrote:
MagicTownBaller wrote:I think Orlando will make a move for Ben Simmons, I hope not but I could see them doing it.

If Philly trades Simmons, it would be for players who will help them win a championship. We don’t have anyone that would interest them outside of a healthy Isaac.

I dunno... if we offer say Cole/RJ plus Ross pkua the 8th pick I think they would think avout it.

They replace the ballhandling and playmakers for the PG spot, they get a big win thats dangerous from the perimeter and can drive and the 8th for a developing player.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,190

Post#1575 » by cedric76 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:31 am

RookieStar wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:

I dunno... if we offer say Cole/RJ plus Ross pkua the 8th pick I think they would think avout it.

They replace the ballhandling and playmakers for the PG spot, they get a big win thats dangerous from the perimeter and can drive and the 8th for a developing player.

do we do this?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yejura4k

Harris+Ross+cole+8th for Simmons?

That a lot of firepower around Embid

As for us we need to draft shooters badly

Fultz, RJ,MCW
Jalen green, RJ ,bacon
Simmons, ,Brazdeikis
JI,Chuma,wagner
WCJ,MO,VET (bruiser)

Disclaimer, i m not a fan of simmons and i dont think he ll fit our team well, i want CADE but i think you tremendously win in talent by doing Harris+Ross+cole+8th for Simmons
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1576 » by RookieStar » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:45 am

cedric76 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:If Philly trades Simmons, it would be for players who will help them win a championship. We don’t have anyone that would interest them outside of a healthy Isaac.

do we do this?

That a lot of firepower around Embid

As for us we need to draft shooters badly

Fultz, RJ,MCW
Jalen green, RJ ,bacon
Simmons, ,Brazdeikis
JI,Chuma,wagner
WCJ,MO,VET (bruiser)

Disclaimer, i m not a fan of simmons and i dont think he ll fit our team well, i want CADE but i think you tremendously win in talent by doing Harris+Ross+cole+8th for Simmons

You can't deny his talent I'll give you that. However if its a close gane and your star is afraid of even getting the ball because he might get fouled... well thats something else.

I mean sure if our goals are only to show something in the RS and get bounced right away in the POs then why not. Otherwise no way shouldbwe even touch Simmons. We dont have the personnel to make it work.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1577 » by MoMM » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:43 am

Please, do not trade for Simmons!
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,015

Post#1578 » by KillMonger » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:00 am

RookieStar wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:

question then becomes why would we want simmons? i'm sorry but i don't want someone who folds like that on the biggest stage and at certain points in the game is unplayable
drsd
RealGM

Post#1579 » by drsd » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:25 am

cedric76 wrote:do we do this?

From Orlando's perspective, that is an easy trade to make.

That is an expiring, a bench player, an overachieving rookie and a probable draft-selection of a bench player for a All-star that "only" ,makes 40M a year; and is locked in to a multi-year deal.

If the Magic draft Green, that proposed trade makes a great deal of sense for Orlando. The only real "cost" is in cap-space.

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1580 » by RookieStar » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:38 am

KillMonger wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:If Philly trades Simmons, it would be for players who will help them win a championship. We don’t have anyone that would interest them outside of a healthy Isaac.

question then becomes why would we want simmons? i'm sorry but i don't want someone who folds like that on the biggest stage and at certain points in the game is unplayable

Good question. I myself dont think there is a need for Ben especially as we have already an all world defender with offensive shortcomings in JI.

If I were to guess, the only reason we would donit is probably the same reason why our FO took a gamble on Fultz, hope our reclamation project works again like what we did with MCW and currently with Fultz. However this time we are doing it with an established star already.

Return to Orlando Magic