ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,829

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#961 » by RookieStar » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:27 pm

KillMonger wrote:anybody read that AG article in the athletic? anything juicy?

Yeah.. im curious as well
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,015

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#962 » by KillMonger » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:09 am

no T-ross is going to come in clutch for the tank....he already made a difference in the rockets game by not playing.....just got to find an illness/injury for WCJ for him to rest from
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#963 » by fendilim » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:10 am

Nothing really.

Says he has high bball iq, can mix with Jokic, they want him to be selfish cause he isnt selfish.

What got me is

“And it was kind of a different organization after the passing of Mr. (Rich) DeVos (in September 2018) as well. It was just a lot. A lot of uncertainty, an insecure kind of feeling. But I have no doubt in my mind that John and Jeff are going to get that organization back to where it needs to be.”
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#964 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:19 am

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,628

Post#965 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:29 am

KillMonger wrote:no T-ross is going to come in clutch for the tank....he already made a difference in the rockets game by not playing.....just got to find an illness/injury for WCJ for him to rest from

He was shooting like 40/20 before that.. might be more of a help.. but I guess for the random coin toss days it's good.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#966 » by KillMonger » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:59 am

SOUL wrote:
KillMonger wrote:no T-ross is going to come in clutch for the tank....he already made a difference in the rockets game by not playing.....just got to find an illness/injury for WCJ for him to rest from

He was shooting like 40/20 before that.. might be more of a help.. but I guess for the random coin toss days it's good.

well i mean we lost by 4 points....just one of those flukey t-ross 4 point plays or he comes up heads for the night and hits some 3's....he definitely could've made a difference in the rockets game at least....unfortunately for him and (as bad as this potentially sounds) fortunately for us his back is locking up at the perfect time
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,829

Post#967 » by RookieStar » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:37 am

KillMonger wrote:
SOUL wrote:

well i mean we lost by 4 points....just one of those flukey t-ross 4 point plays or he comes up heads for the night and hits some 3's....he definitely could've made a difference in the rockets game at least....unfortunately for him and (as bad as this potentially sounds) fortunately for us his back is locking up at the perfect time

For me its not Ross but MCW. The guy is the player that does thosr things to make your team win. He probably would have disruoted their offense and have a couple of steals. And with Cole and RJ bricking we wouldnt havr noticrd thr difference. lol
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#968 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:50 am

Read on Twitter
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#969 » by basketballRob » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:59 am

Looks like the tanking is working. What did we have 70m dollars worth of players sitting on the bench last game? Not to mention a 15m TPE. If healthy this team will be way better next season.

I didn't add up the salaries, but the players that played against the Rockets probably make around 40m total.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#970 » by KillMonger » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:54 am

RookieStar wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
SOUL wrote:

For me its not Ross but MCW. The guy is the player that does thosr things to make your team win. He probably would have disruoted their offense and have a couple of steals. And with Cole and RJ bricking we wouldnt havr noticrd thr difference. lol

It's both...... Ross and probably WCJ is the only semi-reliable offense we got....MCW only matters if the game is close where he can make a difference....If the other team got scorers MCW does nothing for us.....you take Ross out the game the other team can defend us a lot better....Ross is probably the only player on the roster where teams can't go under the screen, so when you can always go under the screen then you can guard the roll way better making WCJ's job harder....Either way at this point? we go as our shooting goes....we shoot well we have a puncher's chance to win the game....we shoot like normal? we probably get blown out
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#971 » by Knightro » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:53 am

It works both ways with Ross.

Yes he can score, and some nights he gets really hot and is practically unstoppable. But those nights are roughly once every 8-10 games these days.

Plus since the trades he’s been even more indifferent as a defender than ever before.

When he’s not on fire, I think it’s fair to say he’s actively hurting more than he’s helping.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,560

Post#972 » by Bergmaniac » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:19 pm

Ross has shot 21% from 3 since the trade deadline, he shot horribly in all three of our wins since then, though he got more assists than usual in 2 of them (5 against the Pels and 4 against the Bulls) and he's played pretty poor D in most games, him being out injured really doesn't help the tank much. MCW is a more important absence IMO, he's a game changer on the defensive end and Harris/MCW is a great perimeter defensive duo which could win us some games. If we shut down Harris and MCW until the end of the season, I doubt we'd win more than 2 games the rest of the way since our perimeter D would be laughable.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#973 » by Knightro » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:47 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:Ross has shot 21% from 3 since the trade deadline, he shot horribly in all three of our wins since then, though he got more assists than usual in 2 of them (5 against the Pels and 4 against the Bulls) and he's played pretty poor D in most games, him being out injured really doesn't help the tank much. MCW is a more important absence IMO, he's a game changer on the defensive end and Harris/MCW is a great perimeter defensive duo which could win us some games. If we shut down Harris and MCW until the end of the season, I doubt we'd win more than 2 games the rest of the way since our perimeter D would be laughable.

I agree. Based on the way they've all played since the trades, not having MCW and Ennis is more beneficial to the tank than Ross right now.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,713

Post#974 » by thelead » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:16 pm

Yeah, but when he gets hot he can win us a game or two that we have no business winning otherwise. There aren't too many offensively equipped players on our roster that can do that. Two extra wins could kill our probability of landing a top pick.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#975 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:30 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Turns out you have to score points to win games. Magic management hasn't come to that realization in the past decade.
aka: prorl
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#976 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:53 pm

Forum is already wasteland, 5 weeks after a trade... it will be such a "fun" reading 3 pages of game threads next year and listening how Kuminga's jumpshot looked over broomstick at practice...
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#977 » by basketballRob » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:13 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Forum is already wasteland, 5 weeks after a trade... it will be such a "fun" reading 3 pages of game threads next year and listening how Kuminga's jumpshot looked over broomstick at practice...
We had years of watching a terrible team and only a couple pages in game threads.

It was horrible watching the team the last few years.

I have a feeling that some want the rebuild to fail.

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#978 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:24 pm

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Forum is already wasteland, 5 weeks after a trade... it will be such a "fun" reading 3 pages of game threads next year and listening how Kuminga's jumpshot looked over broomstick at practice...
We had years of watching a terrible team and only a couple pages in game threads.

It was horrible watching the team the last few years.

I have a feeling that some want the rebuild to fail so bad.

Magic were rebuilding from 2012 to 2018 and menged to build team that won 2 playoff games.

Main reason why product was bad was because their inability to draft anybody with talent. Now they are building whole team through lottery because Payton, Gordon, Hezonja,isaac, Bamba all turned out sooo well.

I don't care, i won't be watching Orlando games any time soon, new rebuild to me means i have more time to actually watch good basketball again. Nets, Clippers , Jazz are all refreshing thing to watch to me.Difference is that i'm one of few who admit it, others simply fade away. That's was last game thread had 6 pages and like 8 posters talking, and 30% of posts had nothing to do with anything that was going on in game. Nobody wants to watch Cole Anthony , Okeke , Bacon, MCW and Bamba . And there is good reason for it.

Most rebuilds fail, because nba is star driven league and players after few years lose interest to stay in rebuilding situations and just walk out. Trae Young after year and half of sucking pretty much told Hawks that he has no interst being in rebuild. Porzingis asked trade after 3 years.
And if you look at landscape of contenders, basically not a single one of them was built through sucking in lottery for star.

Harsh reality is that bad teams develop young stars and prepare them for big market teams.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,713

Post#979 » by thelead » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:41 pm

are you still bitching that we traded your favorite losers?
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#980 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:42 pm

thelead wrote:

are you still bitching that we traded your favorite losers?

Seems like team is very good at losing without them :)

Return to Orlando Magic