ImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11)

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 59,763
And1: 12,668
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#101 » by Howard Mass » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:07 am

This is one of the worst first half drubbings I have witnessed.

Then again, it's a short handed young team against maybe the best team in The NBA who is playing like it tonight.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 32,542
And1: 8,537
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Winter Garden, FL
   

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#102 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:08 am

18 3s in one half.....we have made 12 3s in the last 2.5 games....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 11,957
And1: 5,753
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#103 » by KillMonger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:08 am

seeing donovan do this to us.....man we need to find our star man....we have/had no one that can do what he just did
Image

FREE MO BAMBA......R.I.P DMX ....... FREE MO BAMBA......R.I.P DMX
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 24,101
And1: 9,762
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#104 » by Bensational » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:09 am

Ducklett wrote:
Knightro wrote:
Ducklett wrote:Those two wins knocked us out of 4th to shared 4th. We have a ton more games vs tanking teams to win as well.


I ask this genuinely, did you think the Magic were going to finish the season on a 28 game losing streak or what?


No. Nice strawman technology man. We are going to, at least, 50-50 against the other tanking teams. Getting wins against non-tanking teams means we are looking at 6-7 best odds unless we have our players go out there and lose on purpose (they wont/shouldnt).


Keep in mind that whilst the odds might have changed, and continue to do so over the remainder of the season, the results are still undetermined no matter what.

We have no control over whether 7th placed odds are the winning ticket or 2nd.

I’m not encouraging more winning, just suggesting a way to handle it and keep the hope alive.
User avatar
Ducklett
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,226
And1: 2,727
Joined: Jul 17, 2012
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#105 » by Ducklett » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:10 am

KillMonger wrote:seeing donovan do this to us.....man we need to find our star man....we have/had no one that can do what he just did


Corey Kispert to the RESSSSSCUE!
Rockzin4
Junior
Posts: 390
And1: 176
Joined: Nov 01, 2016
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#106 » by Rockzin4 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:10 am

Just now tuning in. Did I miss anything?
User avatar
Last Guardian
RealGM
Posts: 23,144
And1: 2,453
Joined: Feb 22, 2004
Location: New Jersey
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#107 » by Last Guardian » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:11 am

Lol first bad game for Mo since the trades and suddenly he doesn't care about basketball anymore. Can't make it up. Carter is definitely ahead of him though in the process. I won't complain that he's starting over him.
User avatar
MaKiaVeLi7
Senior
Posts: 507
And1: 329
Joined: Feb 22, 2020
   

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#108 » by MaKiaVeLi7 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:12 am

Why do we see Slo' Mo again? Why is he so slow getting up and down the court? Always the last to get back on defense? Always forgets or doesn't know how to or when to switch? Always loses track of his man? Always playing without even a respectable effort level? No motor at all and a fouling machine?

Bamba did not have special performances recently, there was no competition for Wendell and Bambi under the basket. Zubac was thrash as always and still outplayed him. Steven Adams used to be a tough opponent, now he is a joke for some reason and didn't even try the last game.

Bambi is a lost cause. Unfortunately, some people see it, others will obviously need another 2-3 lost seasons and a lot of invested PT in him to realize he is not a starting level talent, nor a reliable backup. Just an overhyped wingspan freak that is better suited as a volleyball player with almost zero bball skill.
basketballRob wrote:
MaKiaVeLi7 wrote:Maaan, he's having a bad career...not a bad day.

Even the Jazz announcers mentioned it is unacceptable for a 3-year veteran like Bamba to be out of shape at any point of the season.

When he plays against sub-par competition, Bamba sometimes looks decent, sometimes makes an exceptional block or consecutive threes and all his blind fans het a boner. Then a quality competition opponent appears and Bamba is "suddenly" back to his thrash performance and no effort, which nowadays is called "having a bad day".
basketballRob wrote:Like someone can't have a bad day?

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app


Sent from my BV9600 using RealGM mobile app
Lol. You've been waiting 5 games for Bamba to have a bad stretch to unload your hate.

Bamba looks in shape to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app


Sent from my BV9600 using RealGM mobile app
When we ride on our bball enemieZ!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 32,542
And1: 8,537
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Winter Garden, FL
   

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#109 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:13 am

Last Guardian wrote:Lol first bad game for Mo since the trades and suddenly he doesn't care about basketball anymore. Can't make it up. Carter is definitely ahead of him though in the process. I won't complain that he's starting over him.
That's nothing new, we've been saying this for a couple of years.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
User avatar
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 10,052
And1: 11,659
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#110 » by Knightro » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:13 am

Ducklett wrote:No. Nice strawman technology man. We are going to, at least, 50-50 against the other tanking teams. Getting wins against non-tanking teams means we are looking at 6-7 best odds unless we have our players go out there and lose on purpose (they wont/shouldnt).


Teams just win games sometimes man.

Everyone and their brother has suggested the Raptors are clearly tanking and they went out and won by 50 the other night.

Oklahoma City is supposedly tanking and they’ve won like 6 times in the last 3.5 weeks.

Just because front offices may prefer to see their team get better lottery odds doesn’t mean the players and coaches are gonna gladly just rattle off 20 losses in a row.

If you get lucky and catch a team when they’re missing multiple starters due to injuries, which the Magic did quite literally four games in a row, games can be won.
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 11,957
And1: 5,753
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#111 » by KillMonger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:14 am

Rockzin4 wrote:Just now tuning in. Did I miss anything?

Image

pretty much this.....so nope
Image

FREE MO BAMBA......R.I.P DMX ....... FREE MO BAMBA......R.I.P DMX
User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 10,836
And1: 2,314
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#112 » by RookieStar » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:17 am

luciano-davidwesley wrote:My condolences guys, Utah are just being cruel out there.

Empty the bench Snyder.


Naaaaaw its fine. Wont give us fans worry like the past 4 games where we had a legit chance to win em all until the last 2mins.

This was we have achance to check out that other game where our future draft pick ( iff Cade is unavailable ) Suggs is showing us why he deserves to be the choice.
User avatar
richi_v25
Senior
Posts: 553
And1: 66
Joined: Dec 20, 2006
Location: Central Florida/NOLA

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#113 » by richi_v25 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:18 am

I was worried we would win this one after reading our doom and gloom forum. I'm glad someone had a talk with Cliff and they sat our All-stars MCW, Porter and Birch. Looks like they told Bacon to tune it down some too lol.
basketballRob
RealGM
Posts: 12,956
And1: 5,375
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#114 » by basketballRob » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:19 am

Hopefully Carter and Bamba can stay healthy the rest of the season, to gain experience. Cliff said, that Mo has lost his last two summers with injuries.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 11,957
And1: 5,753
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#115 » by KillMonger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:20 am

richi_v25 wrote:I was worried we would win this one after reading our doom and gloom forum. I'm glad someone had a talk with Cliff and they sat our All-stars MCW, Porter and Birch. Looks like they told Bacon to tune it down some too lol.

would've happened either way....utah is the best team in the league right now
Image

FREE MO BAMBA......R.I.P DMX ....... FREE MO BAMBA......R.I.P DMX
User avatar
Ducklett
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,226
And1: 2,727
Joined: Jul 17, 2012
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#116 » by Ducklett » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:21 am

Knightro wrote:
Ducklett wrote:No. Nice strawman technology man. We are going to, at least, 50-50 against the other tanking teams. Getting wins against non-tanking teams means we are looking at 6-7 best odds unless we have our players go out there and lose on purpose (they wont/shouldnt).


Teams just win games sometimes man.

Everyone and their brother has suggested the Raptors are clearly tanking and they went out and won by 50 the other night.

Oklahoma City is supposedly tanking and they’ve won like 6 times in the last 3.5 weeks.

Just because front offices may prefer to see their team get better lottery odds doesn’t mean the players and coaches are gonna gladly just rattle off 20 losses in a row.

If you get lucky and catch a team when they’re missing multiple starters due to injuries, which the Magic did quite literally four games in a row, games can be won.


Teams win games sometimes indeed. Teams stay bad for 10 years and won't be good for another 10. What can you do, right?
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 3,411
And1: 1,332
Joined: Jul 09, 2004

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#117 » by The Effect » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:22 am

Guess i can turn back to the gonzaga game and not worry that orlando is gonna win another meaningless game today :lol:

Get good look at Suggs and Kispert
User avatar
Ducklett
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,226
And1: 2,727
Joined: Jul 17, 2012
 

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#118 » by Ducklett » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:24 am

The Effect wrote:Guess i can turn back to the gonzaga game and not worry that orlando is gonna win another meaningless game today :lol:

Get good look at Suggs and Kispert


Looks like they are getting hard carried by their teammates.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 24,101
And1: 9,762
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#119 » by Bensational » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:26 am

Okeke getting UP!
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 23,599
And1: 9,389
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 49: Orlando Magic (17-31) at Utah Jazz (37-11) 

Post#120 » by ChosenSavior » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:27 am

That was a pretty explosive drive by Chuma!

Return to Orlando Magic