ImageImageImageImage

Official 2021 NBA Draft Thread Part 2

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Re: Official 2021 NBA Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#61 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:36 am

RookieStar wrote:Wow.. Terence Clark from UK just died...and BJ Boston might get traume from witnessing his friend die...

F$&$&$ it and to.think only a few months before a lifechanging event for them ( nba draft)

The Los Angeles Police Department told WKYT that Clarke was traveling at a high speed when he ran a red light and hit another car that was turning left. The car went on to hit a pole and a block wall. Police told the outlet that Clark was the only one in the car.

Thats awful . What happened to the driver he hit?
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#62 » by RookieStar » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Wow.. Terence Clark from UK just died...and BJ Boston might get traume from witnessing his friend die...

F$&$&$ it and to.think only a few months before a lifechanging event for them ( nba draft)

The Los Angeles Police Department told WKYT that Clarke was traveling at a high speed when he ran a red light and hit another car that was turning left. The car went on to hit a pole and a block wall. Police told the outlet that Clark was the only one in the car.

Yeah as all attention is on Clark, what happened to the other person that got.hit by Clark
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#63 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:27 am

RookieStar wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Yeah as all attention is on Clark, what happened to the other person that got.hit by Clark

Just read an article, the other drive claimed no injuries.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#64 » by KillMonger » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:01 am

lotto talent?
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#65 » by MoMM » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:33 pm

KillMonger wrote:

lotto talent?

Maybe with our 2nd round pick, so we can stash him in Europe. In fact, our 2nd round pick should be used for a stash player this season.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#66 » by KillMonger » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:29 pm

MoMM wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

lotto talent?

Maybe with our 2nd round pick, so we can stash him in Europe. In fact, our 2nd round pick should be used for a stash player this season.

I've always wondered why weltham never used the draft-n-stash tactic with some of our second rounders instead of selling them but i'm assuming it has something to do with capspace
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#67 » by drsd » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:30 pm

MoMM wrote:Maybe with our 2nd round pick, so we can stash him in Europe. In fact, our 2nd round pick should be used for a stash player this season.

This year, the Magic will need a 3rd string Big. The high SRP is perfect for that as said player will be literally win the cheapest existing NBA contract.

But the Boston SRPs when the are generated, draft-N-stash players would be perfect for both!

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#68 » by basketballRob » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:04 pm

I'm getting sold on Moody with the Bulls pick. His 480 FTR is almost Zion like. That's coming from an 18 year old that shoots a lot of 3's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
MoMM
RealGM

Post#69 » by MoMM » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:46 pm

drsd wrote:
MoMM wrote:Maybe with our 2nd round pick, so we can stash him in Europe. In fact, our 2nd round pick should be used for a stash player this season.

This year, the Magic will need a 3rd string Big. The high SRP is perfect for that as said player will be literally win the cheapest existing NBA contract.

But the Boston SRPs when the are generated, draft-N-stash players would be perfect for both!

3rd string big should be a veteran role model with a minimum salary, our frontcourt is pretty young (WCJ, Bamba, JI and Okeke), we need some veterans to guide them like when we had Tony Battie.
drsd
RealGM

Post#70 » by drsd » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:14 pm

MoMM wrote:3rd string big should be a veteran role model with a minimum salary, our frontcourt is pretty young (WCJ, Bamba, JI and Okeke), we need some veterans to guide them like when we had Tony Battie.

Francis Stanley Kaminsky III would be a fine choice. And that's not sarcasm.

drsd
RealGM

Post#71 » by drsd » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:16 pm

basketballRob wrote:I'm getting sold on Moody with the Bulls pick. His 480 FTR is almost Zion like. That's coming from an 18 year old that shoots a lot of 3's.

If he slides that far, I would be thrilled (and outraged if the Magic passed him over).

Otherwise: Kispert has gotta be the guy.

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#72 » by RookieStar » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:44 pm

drsd wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I'm getting sold on Moody with the Bulls pick. His 480 FTR is almost Zion like. That's coming from an 18 year old that shoots a lot of 3's.

If he slides that far, I would be thrilled (and outraged if the Magic passed him over).

Otherwise: Kispert has gotta be the guy.

What makes you choose Kispert over Wagner if we are talking about the SF and 3pt shooting only?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#73 » by RookieStar » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:48 pm

MoMM wrote:
drsd wrote:

3rd string big should be a veteran role model with a minimum salary, our frontcourt is pretty young (WCJ, Bamba, JI and Okeke), we need some veterans to guide them like when we had Tony Battie.

I have a feeling we will be using Bamba to either move up or package him into a deal to get a quality SF or ( my wild idea ) try to sign a B-tier star. Then yeah we might need a vet role-model big. However I prefer the SRP we have to draft a raw-ish big we can develop. One with 3pt range .
MoMM
RealGM

Post#74 » by MoMM » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:24 am

RookieStar wrote:
MoMM wrote:
drsd wrote:

I have a feeling we will be using Bamba to either move up or package him into a deal to get a quality SF or ( my wild idea ) try to sign a B-tier star. Then yeah we might need a vet role-model big. However I prefer the SRP we have to draft a raw-ish big we can develop. One with 3pt range .

We can let them develop in Europe, that's my point.

There they would practice and play against pros, way better than sitting in the beach or playing in the G-League.

As for Bamba, I'd be happy to trade him to have a better pick in this draft, even if it's only a few spots.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,428

Post#75 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:55 am

Yeah Cade and Moody would be my dream combo.
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#76 » by RookieStar » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:44 am

MoMM wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
MoMM wrote:3rd string big should be a veteran role model with a minimum salary, our frontcourt is pretty young (WCJ, Bamba, JI and Okeke), we need some veterans to guide them like when we had Tony Battie.

We can let them develop in Europe, that's my point.

There they would practice and play against pros, way better than sitting in the beach or playing in the G-League.

As for Bamba, I'd be happy to trade him to have a better pick in this draft, even if it's only a few spots.

You mean drafting those 18yr Euroleague kids? I thought Bigs like Garza and Huff where the develooment they need is just toughen uo cuz they havr the skillset we need ( shooting/offense)
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#77 » by RookieStar » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:45 am

DiplomaticMagic wrote:Yeah Cade and Moody would be my dream combo.

Mine is Cade and Green lol
drsd
RealGM

Post#78 » by drsd » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:34 am

RookieStar wrote:What makes you choose Kispert over Wagner if we are talking about the SF and 3pt shooting only?

I love Wagner's game and both have the intangibles one wants as a fan in a late lottery pick. Both are winners.

I like Kispert over Wagner mostly for positional need; I would rather see a combo-wing drafted than a combo-forward.

Magic_Stick914
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#79 » by Magic_Stick914 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:27 pm

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Facts!! Top 3 SG for me

1. Green
2. Moody
3. K. Johnson
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#80 » by zaymon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:36 pm

I am high on Josh Giddey. Would take him as high as 5. My ideal scenario is Cunningham + Giddey. What a burst of playmaking to this uncreative roster !
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !

Return to Orlando Magic