ImageImageImageImage

Magic sign C Moe Wagner for the rest of the season

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,134

Re: Magic sign C Moe Wagner for the rest of the season 

Post#61 » by Knightro » Mon May 3, 2021 12:57 pm

basketballRob wrote:We gave Clark a 2 year 4.1m deal and Wagner is much better than him.

I disagree that he was almost out of the league. He's been on teams where it was a bad fit and they were trying to play him at center. He probably shopped around and chose the Magic this time, because of fit.

I remember Moe and WCJ both being the stars of the 2018 summer league. Maybe they both just needed fresh starts with more opportunity.

If we ended up in the 10th slot, I could see the Magic drafting his brother Franz.

Couple things...

Clark *shouldn't* have gotten that and the fact that he did is all the more reason Wagner shouldn’t either.

But besides that, right or wrong, the decision to resign Clark was made under far different circumstances than the Magic are currently in.

They were coming off back-to-back playoff appearances with Clark averaging 29 MPG in the Bucks series because of injuries.

The front office was wrong, but I think they clearly envisioned Clark in the mix for regular playing time because they knew Isaac was going to be out for the season.

But next year?

Isaac will be back. Okeke will be here. There’s a chance the Magic draft a guy with one of their two lotto picks who primarily plays PF too.

Wagner is a guy they literally signed off the street because no one was interested. One of the many reasons why bad teams stay bad is by giving guys guaranteed money to players when they don’t need to.

Return to Orlando Magic