ImageImageImageImage

Who are you eyeing with the Chicago pick?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,816

Re: Who are you eyeing with the Chicago pick? 

Post#281 » by RookieStar » Wed May 26, 2021 9:11 pm

BTW - not to be a downer or anything but I just realized... Isn't this a jinx thread? I mean there is still a chance that CHI can barge into the top-4 right? As a Magic fan who is used to Lady Luck kicking us while we are down, I don't wanna tempt it.
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#282 » by jonbob17 » Thu May 27, 2021 1:37 am

Obviously glad Chicago won that tiebreak, but it's going to make watching the lottery all that more stressful. Would of known by pick 10, had they lost. We will really need for that Chicago pick to fall at #8, should that happen, at least we will know that no one 8-14 has jumped into top 4, and of course get #8
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,914

Post#283 » by drsd » Sat May 29, 2021 7:01 am

RookieStar wrote:BTW - not to be a downer or anything but I just realized... Isn't this a jinx thread? I mean there is still a chance that CHI can barge into the top-4 right? As a Magic fan who is used to Lady Luck kicking us while we are down, I don't wanna tempt it.

Orlando_Pride
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#284 » by Orlando_Pride » Sat May 29, 2021 9:45 pm

I don’t think I’m gonna be able to watch the lottery. I’ll just rip it off the a band aid after. Way too much on the line with 2 top 10 picks.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#285 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun May 30, 2021 11:32 am

Davion Mitchell is the guy I’m sleeping on
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Magic Mops
Junior
And1: 83

Post#286 » by Magic Mops » Sun May 30, 2021 1:19 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Davion Mitchell is the guy I’m sleeping on

He is a great player

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,338

Post#287 » by Knightro » Sun May 30, 2021 1:35 pm

Mitchell doesn’t do it for me.

He’s talented, but I just can’t get past the age thing (he’ll be 23 before the season starts).

And for a guy to have such a massive and unexpected explosion in 3PT shooting (45% after 32% the year before and 29% before that) without having any uptick whatsoever in FT shooting (64% FT) gives me serious pause if it was legit improvement or just a fluke.
Magic Mops
Junior

Post#288 » by Magic Mops » Sun May 30, 2021 3:12 pm

Knightro wrote:Mitchell doesn’t do it for me.

He’s talented, but I just can’t get past the age thing (he’ll be 23 before the season starts).

And for a guy to have such a massive and unexpected explosion in 3PT shooting (45% after 32% the year before and 29% before that) without having any uptick whatsoever in FT shooting (64% FT) gives me serious pause if it was legit improvement or just a fluke.

He can come in and play from day 1.
Fultz doesn't come back until december and with his injury history Mitchell would be a good insurance.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#289 » by tiderulz » Sun May 30, 2021 3:39 pm

Knightro wrote:Mitchell doesn’t do it for me.

if he was 1 FGA i might feel that way. but he was almost 5 FGA/game

guess it just depends on what we get with our pick. If we get say Suggs, this is obviously a no go.
Magic Mops
Junior

Post#290 » by Magic Mops » Sun May 30, 2021 4:37 pm

Jeff and John surely have their eyes on Vrenz.
Really skilled.
Would be nice to get him in the second round or may be with a trade in the late first.

Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#291 » by Xatticus » Sun May 30, 2021 5:25 pm

Magic Mops wrote:Jeff and John surely have their eyes on Vrenz.
Really skilled.
Would be nice to get him in the second round or may be with a trade in the late first.

I doubt it. They just don't seem to have much interest in 2nd-round picks in general.

Barlowe has been trying to sell him, but I'm not buying. Bleijenbergh isn't very accomplished, doesn't play in a strong league, and isn't very young. He's averaging 10 points per game in the Belgian league and he'll be 21 years old at the start of next season.

He has some upside due to his playmaking potential, but he is really far away from being an NBA rotation player. I don't think he is worth a roster spot and I think the odds of him ever becoming something useful to an NBA team are remote. He looks just fine to me as a draft and stash if he is willing to continue his development in Europe, but even then I probably wouldn't take him earlier than the back half of the second round.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Magic Mops
Junior

Post#292 » by Magic Mops » Sun May 30, 2021 6:01 pm

Return to Orlando Magic