ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition

Moderators: ChosenSavior, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Knightro, SOUL, UCF, Def Swami

The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 4,150
And1: 1,722
Joined: Jul 09, 2004

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1261 » by The Effect » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:12 am

Damn, for that price, i wish we would of taken a shot on Bol Bol

Especially if we end up trading Bamba, he would be a nice backup C
Plus, its not like we were gonna use those 2nd rounders anyways
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 15,356
And1: 12,532
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1262 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:14 am

In 2 years Bol Bol is playing for mid tear team in Germany, if he is lucky.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 33,228
And1: 8,977
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Winter Garden, FL
   

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1263 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:51 pm

I really thought Bol Bol was going to be a good player when he had a good showing late in his rookie year but he has been a disappointment since then.
aka: prorl
LDNMagic90
Sophomore
Posts: 131
And1: 50
Joined: Apr 20, 2021
     

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1264 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:31 pm

Read on Twitter



For all the people here that wanted Reddish the boat has now sailed.
Skybox
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,069
And1: 2,699
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1265 » by Skybox » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:40 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:
Read on Twitter



For all the people here that wanted Reddish the boat has now sailed.


Uggh. He MUST be looking for a silly deal for ATL to unload him for that
LDNMagic90
Sophomore
Posts: 131
And1: 50
Joined: Apr 20, 2021
     

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1266 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:49 pm

Skybox wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:
Read on Twitter



For all the people here that wanted Reddish the boat has now sailed.


Uggh. He MUST be looking for a silly deal for ATL to unload him for that



Could be I'd be interested in the protection of the pick, I wonder if we didn't have injuries if we would've taken a flier on him as well with something similar maybe around Bamba?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 33,228
And1: 8,977
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Winter Garden, FL
   

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1267 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:50 pm

Atl basically gave the guy away...

Pretty good move for NY.
aka: prorl
Skybox
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,069
And1: 2,699
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1268 » by Skybox » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:53 pm

Protections are pretty steep. If season ended today, it'd be #20 and would convey...more details in Trades & Transactions forum
LDNMagic90
Sophomore
Posts: 131
And1: 50
Joined: Apr 20, 2021
     

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1269 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:04 pm

Read on Twitter


Yikes I wanted to see how he'd do on the Pistons as well
LDNMagic90
Sophomore
Posts: 131
And1: 50
Joined: Apr 20, 2021
     

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1270 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:12 pm

I just realised that the Knicks have 2 out of 3 of that Duke big 3 they are only missing Zion now lol.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 15,356
And1: 12,532
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1271 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:35 pm

There is still some outside chance that Cam can be anything more than delux Kevin Know/ Hezonja, but i struggle to understand mindset behind adding Bol to basketball teams in nba for any purpose but media stunts.

Heavily edited youtube videos made him in eyes of some less educated fans sensation.But it really takes 5 min of actual- in game-Bol experience to figure guy is unplayable. But nobody actually watches full nba games ( at least most fans don't ) and most non- Nuggets fans don't watch Denver Nuggets.


That's why you should always look for all possessions of player, not highlights ( and that's why i HATEEE college prospects youtube videos)
I really hope many people will actually watch video, because it's eye opener how bad he is.

Every shot but dunk was awful shot, 2 out of 4 blocks were uncalled goaltends, he completley wracked one defensive possession by chasing steal to half court, almost every single time he recived ball he attemped to dribble and failed.

And this was his "good" game.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 4,150
And1: 1,722
Joined: Jul 09, 2004

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1272 » by The Effect » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:17 am

pepe1991 wrote:In 2 years Bol Bol is playing for mid tear team in Germany, if he is lucky.

Or hes develops into a true unicorn

Either way, id be willing to take that chance with our 2nd rounder considering we never keep it or get anything out of it anyways. Id rather use that pick to take a chance on Bol than for WeHam to just sell it to a contender like they have done every year they have been here
basketballRob
RealGM
Posts: 16,515
And1: 6,590
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1273 » by basketballRob » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:39 am

This doesn't sound good.


Read on Twitter
?t=r1gbcsAgUg2DaOx3IMFwXw&s=19



Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 15,356
And1: 12,532
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1274 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:26 am

basketballRob wrote:This doesn't sound good.


Read on Twitter
?t=r1gbcsAgUg2DaOx3IMFwXw&s=19



Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app




it's hard to even figure when it happened, but does not look serious, he walked out without limp.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
basketballRob
RealGM
Posts: 16,515
And1: 6,590
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1275 » by basketballRob » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:24 am

Kuminga will probably be better than Barnes. He's still one year younger.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?player_id2=barnesc01&player_id1=kuminjo01&sum=0&request=1

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
User avatar
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 23,450
And1: 8,686
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
     

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1276 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:12 pm

Watching the Hawks/Heat replay. Collins yelling at the HC to let him play, McMillan responds by benching him… prompting JC to say “F—-king bench me!!” How long is that relationship going to last?
User avatar
zaymon
Analyst
Posts: 3,559
And1: 2,008
Joined: Jul 01, 2015
   

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1277 » by zaymon » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:00 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:Watching the Hawks/Heat replay. Collins yelling at the HC to let him play, McMillan responds by benching him… prompting JC to say “F—-king bench me!!” How long is that relationship going to last?


Collins in not a good fit both chemisty and on court wise. Hawks had that fluky run last year and now the expectations are too high. Its mind blowing how much better Grizzlies are while also being younger.
Hunter is a very big piece for Hawks, Collins doesnt provide enough rim protection and perimeter defense.
I think Hawks would love to have healthy Isaac instead of Collins.
Goodbye Vucevic, welcome lotttery picks !!!
Happysad.
User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 13,871
And1: 3,286
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1278 » by RookieStar » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:02 pm

zaymon wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Watching the Hawks/Heat replay. Collins yelling at the HC to let him play, McMillan responds by benching him… prompting JC to say “F—-king bench me!!” How long is that relationship going to last?


Collins in not a good fit both chemisty and on court wise. Hawks had that fluky run last year and now the expectations are too high. Its mind blowing how much better Grizzlies are while also being younger.
Hunter is a very big piece for Hawks, Collins doesnt provide enough rim protection and perimeter defense.
I think Hawks would love to have healthy Isaac instead of Collins.


well.. TBF, every time the Hawks saw JI play against them he always smothered and made Collins call him his daddy... I can understand that. lol
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 15,356
And1: 12,532
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1279 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:26 am

Just want to point out how phenomenal Darius Garland has become. In last 4 games he dished 51 assist on 9 turnovers.
Cavs prove how simple rebuild can be if you add some practical logic into structure of a roster. Super versitale big + floor general = sucess.

On reciving end of their last W were OKC. Pratcital example how sitting on 60000 picks won't draft you Durant again.
With only SGA to show for, few flashes of GIddey their second best player is guy who they didn't even drafted ( Dort- undrafted). Bunch of fringe nba bodies show up every night.
Sam Presti's bag of tools turned to be... being very lucky in early 2000s with Durant... Since Durant left Presti and OKC are 6th year in a row either without playoffs, or losing in first round.

Basically rebuild via lottery in nutshell. Few get super lucky and draft Lebron, Luka, Durant. Most look like fools with bunch of Mo Bamba's, Culvers or Jah Okafor's of the world.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
jezzerinho
Senior
Posts: 538
And1: 341
Joined: Jul 08, 2019
     

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1280 » by jezzerinho » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:53 am

pepe1991 wrote:Just want to point out how phenomenal Darius Garland has become. In last 4 games he dished 51 assist on 9 turnovers.
Cavs prove how simple rebuild can be if you add some practical logic into structure of a roster. Super versitale big + floor general = sucess.

On reciving end of their last W were OKC. Pratcital example how sitting on 60000 picks won't draft you Durant again.
With only SGA to show for, few flashes of GIddey their second best player is guy who they didn't even drafted ( Dort- undrafted). Bunch of fringe nba bodies show up every night.
Sam Presti's bag of tools turned to be... being very lucky in early 2000s with Durant... Since Durant left Presti and OKC are 6th year in a row either without playoffs, or losing in first round.

Basically rebuild via lottery in nutshell. Few get super lucky and draft Lebron, Luka, Durant. Most look like fools with bunch of Mo Bamba's, Culvers or Jah Okafor's of the world.


Fair point to a degree. But haven't the Cavs also rebuilt via the draft (Garland included)? Aren't you sort of disproving your own point?

Also, look at the crappy circumstances in which Garland was able to develop as a player, prior to this season. Crap Cavs team also drafting in the lottery a bunch of times, with a malcontent Love eating up their cap and wanting out, some really poor players in the roster and their rookies being played in high volume - something you claim is the typical set of circumstances that teaches rookies bad habits and stops them developing into good players.

I'm not sure you've proven your point or maybe actually proven the opposite this time...

Return to Orlando Magic