ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition

Moderators: Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, UCF, ChosenSavior

p0peye
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,948

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#121 » by p0peye » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:43 am

pepe1991 wrote:
p0peye wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Atlanta Hawks- 76ers.
76ers have some epic comback at the end, down by 3 with 22 sec to play and this dummy Doc Rivers still pushes them to do full court press that leads to clear path- dunk ?

What an apsolute disaster of decision.

Full court press was arguably the reason Sixers came back.

Makes lot of sense when you are down by 10
Makes no sense if you are single possession away from tie game.

True, on other hand they were sticking to what seemed to work. Letting Hawks run the clock down in half court was not a winning card either.
Badass of the week: Milunka Savic
Single most-decorated female soldier in world military history.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 11,772

Post#122 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:57 am

p0peye wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
p0peye wrote:

Makes lot of sense when you are down by 10
Makes no sense if you are single possession away from tie game.

True, on other hand they were sticking to what seemed to work. Letting Hawks run the clock down in half court was not a winning card either.

Very strange, awkward, poorly coached game by 76ers all around imo.

For start, why not attack Trae Young in pick&roll . Young can't do anything in pick&roll if Embiid & Simmons target him yet they didn't go at him enough.
Second, gaurding him with terrible Danny Green in single coverage was suicide. IF you are going for single coverage, it better be Thybulle or nobody.
In second half they started to trap him and redirect him with some sort of quasi-double team, but their rotations were so damn painfully bad that 3 possessions in a row they left Huerter and i think Hill alone in corner for 3.

Even rotations were funky. But it's just game one. However, Trae Young, Huerter and Williams are some of the worst guard defenders in nba. There is no excuse for not running them into a ground with 80 pick&roll sets a game. This is type of series where Ben Simmons should be averaging 30 points on 18 layups a game. There is nobody who can guard him.

At one point my commentary team on tv started laughing how terrible 76ers defense is :lol:
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 10,983

Post#123 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:49 pm

p0peye wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Atlanta Hawks- 76ers.
76ers have some epic comback at the end, down by 3 with 22 sec to play and this dummy Doc Rivers still pushes them to do full court press that leads to clear path- dunk ?

What an apsolute disaster of decision.

Sixers couldn't allow Hawks to run out the clock so they had to full court press. Goo Hawks!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 2,491

Post#124 » by Last Guardian » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:26 pm

I have a feeling Jazz win it all after the passing of Mark Eaton. I know he didn't have Kobe popularity, but he was a lifelong Jazz and it really hurt the city and I think it gives them extra motivation like Kobe gave the Lakers last year.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#125 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:51 am

People were questioning Nets ability to guard people in playoffs. Even when Harden is out, they are by far most talented team in nba. And their defense holds just fine :lol:
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#126 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:41 am

Bucks writers and fans are blasting GIannis and Middelton
Furinkazan
Head Coach
And1: 3,307

Post#127 » by Furinkazan » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:09 pm

Watching playoffs is so painfull.
Teams that started their rebuilds after we did playing such a good basketball in playoffs.
Sixers,Suns,Mavs,Hawks how nicely they did rebuild.Ofc malcontents will say none of these teams will win a title...maybe...but they really put up a show/fight so far...
And then I look at our team... >_> and this apply also to a pre trade deadline team
all I want to say fcuk this incompetent organisation.....
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 11,568

Post#128 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:31 pm

Furinkazan wrote:Watching playoffs is so painfull.
Teams that started their rebuilds after we did playing such a good basketball in playoffs.
Sixers,Suns,Mavs,Hawks how nicely they did rebuild.Ofc malcontents will say none of these teams will win a title...maybe...but they really put up a show/fight so far...
And then I look at out team... >_> and this apply also to a pre trade deadline team

that Bamba pick 3 years ago continues to look stupid.

SGA, looks very good.
Mikal Bridges (who i really wanted) looking good.
MPJ (who i worried about with health and competition) looking good.
shoot, even Miles Bridges looks decent
Sexton all offense, little defense, but looks very good on offense.

front office blew that pick.
GelbeWand09
Senior
And1: 969

Post#129 » by GelbeWand09 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:41 pm

pepe1991 wrote:People were questioning Nets ability to guard people in playoffs. Even when Harden is out, they are by far most talented team in nba. And their defense holds just fine :lol:

And on general board we have threads like ''Is Doncic clearly better than Durant now?''' :lol:

No disrespect for Luka but KD is maybe the most unguardable offensive weapon ever & is a plus defender.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#130 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:49 pm

GelbeWand09 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:People were questioning Nets ability to guard people in playoffs. Even when Harden is out, they are by far most talented team in nba. And their defense holds just fine :lol:

And on general boards we have threads like ''Is Doncic clearly better than Durant now?''' :lol:

No disrespect for Luka but KD is maybe the most unguardable offensive weapon ever & is a plus defender.

KD is just that good. When playoffs roll, guy simply gets it done.

But ... i have never seen, in 13 years of Durant playing in nba, somebody trying to guard him with zone , until last night :lol:
Like, my dude Mike Budenholzer did you lose your mind? You tried to suprise Durant by making him too-wide open? :lol:
GelbeWand09
Senior
And1: 969

Post#131 » by GelbeWand09 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:49 pm

And then I look at out team... >_> and this apply also to a pre trade deadline team

Atlanta built a 60 win / conference finals team, tanked & got a team looking for another conference final over the Vuc years :lol:
drsd
RealGM
And1: 5,317

Post#132 » by drsd » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:58 pm

GelbeWand09 wrote:Atlanta built a 60 win / conference finals team, tanked & got a team looking for another conference final over the Vuc years :lol:

This is an odd year. I do not see sustained growth for the Hawks. I would be shocked if Atlanta would be a top-3 Easter team over the next 5 years, for example.

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 2,635

Post#133 » by RookieStar » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:14 pm

drsd wrote:
GelbeWand09 wrote:Atlanta built a 60 win / conference finals team, tanked & got a team looking for another conference final over the Vuc years :lol:

This is an odd year. I do not see sustained growth for the Hawks. I would be shocked if Atlanta would be a top-3 Easter team over the next 5 years, for example.

If they keep their current core, they probably are with more familiarity and improvement. However, if someone poaches Collins away, Gallo gets injured again and one of their wings starts demanding more PT, then it will come crashing down. They are too wing heavy and dependent on one guy (Trae) that when something happens like us and ther teams hint: injuries there is no plan B
CZ Eddie
Rookie
And1: 393

Post#134 » by CZ Eddie » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:34 am

WTF happened to Dwight's hair tonight
It looks so cheerful!
Lived in Orlando eight years. Big time Magic fan. Also lived in Los Angeles, so I'm a Lakers fan. And now in Austin, TX, so I'm a Longhorns fan.
Ducklett
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,977

Post#135 » by Ducklett » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:04 am

tiderulz wrote:

SGA, looks very good.

Isaac pick also looks stupid. So does Cole, Bamba, Chuma. There is nearly always going to be someone better picked after you (unless you are picked 60th).
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,980

Post#136 » by Bensational » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:16 am

Ducklett wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

SGA, looks very good.

Isaac pick also looks stupid. So does Cole, Bamba, Chuma. There is nearly always going to be someone better picked after you (unless you are picked 60th).

I'm hoping we see a big shift in WeHam's approach to personnel with this new rebuild. Preferably an approach where they hit on a star for once. Right now their best young players were drafted by other teams, after us, and acquired via trade (RJ and WCJ).
Ducklett
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,977

Post#137 » by Ducklett » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:21 am

Bensational wrote:
Ducklett wrote:
tiderulz wrote:that Bamba pick 3 years ago continues to look stupid.

SGA, looks very good.

I'm hoping we see a big shift in WeHam's approach to personnel with this new rebuild. Preferably an approach where they hit on a star for once. Right now their best young players were drafted by other teams, after us, and acquired via trade (RJ and WCJ).

They are still all way too young to tell at this point. Chuma could end up being as good as Mikal Bridges. Bamba might buy a dictionary and look up the word Consistency. Isaac might become a cyborg and play more than 20 games in a season. Cole Anthony might learn shot selection and be a golden god.

Or they could all be out of the league in 4 years.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 2,635

Post#138 » by RookieStar » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:02 am

Ducklett wrote:
Bensational wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

They are still all way too young to tell at this point. Chuma could end up being as good as Mikal Bridges. Bamba might buy a dictionary and look up the word Consistency. Isaac might become a cyborg and play more than 20 games in a season. Cole Anthony might learn shot selection and be a golden god.

Or they could all be out of the league in 4 years.

Yeah.. its too early. I mean chuma and cole are rookies. are we gonna proclaim boom or busts in their rookie years?

bamba is really the biggest mistake I think. Ingot that feeling when we took Fran over Danny way back as well.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#139 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:15 am

drsd wrote:

It's just seeding. If Nets won 1 more game and won East, we would be talking how Hawks have no businesss being deep in playoffs and how Nets can beat them with half of a roster.

Healthy East has ¸1 and half team capable of winning title. Nets and Celtics, if Celtics get their s*** together and find center.

Bucks are expensive mess at this stage. Jrue Holiday is better than Bledsoe but nowhere near as impacful as he was few years ago. Lopez is aiging, Middelton is ***t and Giannis can't pull his head out of his a** in playoffs.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#140 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:28 am

Praise for Doc Rivers for doing what i was b***ing about last game. Attacking Trae Young. Harris had 16 points in first half exposing that ugly missmatch.

Return to Orlando Magic