ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,968

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1561 » by KillMonger » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:40 am

Steve Kerr what was that last play? Klay had a great game, curry was hot in the 4th.....poole has emerged as a factor you have to keep account of......game on the line and you draw up a play for Wiggins?

Sent from my SM-N976U using RealGM mobile app
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,231

Post#1562 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:17 pm

Troubadour wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
Troubadour wrote:What's the expected outcome for Mo Bamba's RFA this summer? Is there a spot for him on the team next season? Wondering if my Raptors could get themselves another big who can hit threes.

Take him.

Haha go on! What's the story?

- Doesn’t have a feel for either side of the ball: He literally has no offensive game inside the 3PT line. A good lob threat, ok outside shooter (when he’s smart enough to get open). He’s useless with the ball in the mid to high post.
- Low IQ player: routinely out of position defensively, and offensively. Doesn’t read the game well. No feel AT ALL.

- Low energy player: This is by far the most frustrating for me. If you’re a dumb ass player like him, you can at least get by with playing hard. (Please see Javale McGee)

- Soft: No physicality whatsoever. This is the second most frustrating part of “his game”. I watched Payton Pritchard out muscle him in the post on back to back possessions against Boston…. He had Pritchard ISOLATED! In the post and got pushed out 5 feet settling for a turn around fadeaway jumper.

His physical traits make him a deterrent at most on defense but nobody’s scared of him. Because he’s weak and can get caught out of position. He’ll flash a couple lucky good game which gets his fan boiz hard but you generally never know what you’re getting might in and night out which is awful considering he’s a contract year..which actually makes the low energy and lack of physicality even more infuriating. He thinks he’s entitled to a contract or something.

In closing good lob threat, ok 3pt shooter, low IQ, low energy, no offensive game to speak of, not the defensive threat he should be. Coasts through games. Would probably be a decent 3rd stringer on a good team.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,659

Post#1563 » by orlando_joe » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:48 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Troubadour wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:

Take him.

Haha go on! What's the story?

- Doesn’t have a feel for either side of the ball: He literally has no offensive game inside the 3PT line. A good lob threat, ok outside shooter (when he’s smart enough to get open). He’s useless with the ball in the mid to high post.
- Low IQ player: routinely out of position defensively, and offensively. Doesn’t read the game well. No feel AT ALL.

- Low energy player: This is by far the most frustrating for me. If you’re a dumb ass player like him, you can at least get by with playing hard. (Please see Javale McGee)

- Soft: No physicality whatsoever. This is the second most frustrating part of “his game”. I watched Payton Pritchard out muscle him in the post on back to back possessions against Boston…. He had Pritchard ISOLATED! In the post and got pushed out 5 feet settling for a turn around fadeaway jumper.

His physical traits make him a deterrent at most on defense but nobody’s scared of him. Because he’s weak and can get caught out of position. He’ll flash a couple lucky good game which gets his fan boiz hard but you generally never know what you’re getting might in and night out which is awful considering he’s a contract year..which actually makes the low energy and lack of physicality even more infuriating. He thinks he’s entitled to a contract or something.

In closing good lob threat, ok 3pt shooter, low IQ, low energy, no offensive game to speak of, not the defensive threat he should be. Coasts through games. Would probably be a decent 3rd stringer on a good team.

so i will put you down as not happy when magic resign him...lol
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#1564 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:29 am

Just read on ESPN's headlines... seems our old pal ex -magicician Dooling got arrested for fraud. Maaan.. how low did we pay him that he was willing to risk his name, rep and etc for 350k?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#1565 » by drsd » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:08 pm

RookieStar wrote:Just read on ESPN's headlines... seems our old pal ex -magicician Dooling got arrested for fraud. Maaan.. how low did we pay him that he was willing to risk his name, rep and etc for 350k?

It will be interesting to see how this story develops. If players were charging 100K+ for tooth extractions, it doesn't look good. But there will be the other side to this story, as all NBA players are always injured. That's why this fund exists.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1566 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:17 pm

drsd wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Just read on ESPN's headlines... seems our old pal ex -magicician Dooling got arrested for fraud. Maaan.. how low did we pay him that he was willing to risk his name, rep and etc for 350k?

It will be interesting to see how this story develops. If players were charging 100K+ for tooth extractions, it doesn't look good. But there will be the other side to this story, as all NBA players are always injured. That's why this fund exists.

Yeah... even with what I heard about U.S. healthcare, 100k for a tooth extraction? Where's a string and a door when you need em?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,094

Post#1567 » by tiderulz » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:07 pm

RookieStar wrote:
drsd wrote:

Yeah... even with what I heard about U.S. healthcare, 100k for a tooth extraction? Where's a string and a door when you need em?

its all about using codes and milking insurance.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#1568 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:05 am

So, UFA Zach Lavine is having offseason knee surgery (honestly I don't know the severity-might just be a touch up), DeJounte Murray already recruiting him to SAS, CHI disappoints in playoffs...just saying, IF, somehow, CHI takes a step backwards next season, the pick we got from CHI for '23 is only Top 4 protected and could really jump in value...something to keep an eye on.

Sorry Vuc.
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 725

Post#1569 » by CZ Eddie » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:24 pm

I haven't been paying attention - is there a decent reason why the Jazz flamed out of the playoffs yet again?
Or did they simply get outplayed/outcoached?
Keep your politics out of my sports
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,955

Post#1570 » by Xatticus » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:45 pm

CZ Eddie wrote:I haven't been paying attention - is there a decent reason why the Jazz flamed out of the playoffs yet again?

They've passed their sell-by date. They've been trying to patch holes for a while and the roster has slowly deteriorated. Conley is declining. Snyder is leaving. If you aren't getting better, you are getting worse. All of their players know it and so the team is less than the sum of its parts. The Jazz are up for a major shakeup this offseason.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,132

Post#1571 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:20 pm

Xatticus wrote:
CZ Eddie wrote:I haven't been paying attention - is there a decent reason why the Jazz flamed out of the playoffs yet again?

They've passed their sell-by date. They've been trying to patch holes for a while and the roster has slowly deteriorated. Conley is declining. Snyder is leaving. If you aren't getting better, you are getting worse. All of their players know it and so the team is less than the sum of its parts. The Jazz are up for a major shakeup this offseason.

I didn't see most of the series but they kept leaving 3pt shooters open. Their defensive system of funneling towards Gobert was not working for the way Dallas was playing and they didn't adjust. They missed Ingles.
aka: prorl
Skybox
RealGM

Post#1572 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:22 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
Xatticus wrote:

I didn't see most of the series but they kept leaving 3pt shooters open. Their defensive system of funneling towards Gobert was not working for the way Dallas was playing and they didn't adjust. They missed Ingles.

Snyder is a GREAT coach...I'd hate to see him go be LBJ's assistant. UTA's ball movement, at times, was beautiful. Sounds like Gobert and Mitchell's personalities were just oil & water. Honestly, Gobert sounds, IMO, like kind of a jerk - a perennial DPOY harping way too publicly on his teammates defensive weaknesses. Spitting COVID on the microphones didn't exactly win anyone's admiration either.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1573 » by MoMM » Mon May 2, 2022 12:07 pm

Is Snyder really leaving?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1574 » by RookieStar » Mon May 2, 2022 8:43 pm

MoMM wrote:Is Snyder really leaving?

There were rumors/talks before the PO started that Lakers/LBJ wanted him to replace Vogel. Plus with UTA getting the boot early.... perfect storm for this rumors to blossom.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,955

Post#1575 » by Xatticus » Mon May 2, 2022 9:33 pm

His contract is up this summer and he hasn't signed an extension. He has been linked with other jobs and he hasn't shot down those rumors.

I'd say that he knows his value and at the very least he is going to take advantage of the leverage he has. We will have to wait to see what jobs are out there this summer, but he will be near the top of everyone's list.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Skybox
RealGM

Post#1576 » by Skybox » Tue May 3, 2022 12:03 am

Xatticus wrote:

His contract is up this summer and he hasn't signed an extension. He has been linked with other jobs and he hasn't shot down those rumors.

I'd say that he knows his value and at the very least he is going to take advantage of the leverage he has. We will have to wait to see what jobs are out there this summer, but he will be near the top of everyone's list.

I thought I heard (Zach Lowe say?) that he actually turned down an extension. Maybe just a lowball early offer, but it's become fairly routine for guys to leave upon failing to reach an extension agreement...sounds stupid, still under contract, but that's where we have arrived these days. I think very highly of Snyder...I'd be curious to see him coach another team without the Donovan/Rudy stories...a more well-balanced offense that could benefit from his play calling/ball movement. Anywhere but LAL.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,683

Post#1577 » by basketballRob » Wed May 4, 2022 11:46 pm

Miami arena looks 70% full.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#1578 » by thelead » Thu May 5, 2022 12:24 am

basketballRob wrote:Miami arena looks 70% full.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Miami fans live in Orlando because Miami is a terrible city.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,968

Post#1579 » by KillMonger » Sat May 7, 2022 10:54 pm

The more I see him play I hope Suggs becomes a player like jrue holiday....he's a pro...

Sent from my SM-N976U using RealGM mobile app
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,132

Post#1580 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun May 8, 2022 3:21 am

GS shot 63% overall and 53% from 3 in game 3....Memphis had no chance.....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic