ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,818

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#281 » by RookieStar » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:48 am

GelbeWand09 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Who is gonna trade for ben simmons?

Chicago maybe, if they get a top 4 pick. They have the shooting to hide him but they desperately need playmaking & defense.

edit: Yea Warriors too, but they have to trade Green probably. Not sure Curry & Klay would be ok with that & is that even a upgrade?

why not Wiggins and Oubre for Simmons? lol
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#282 » by Xatticus » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:26 am

He choked. That's it. His confidence was shot. Philly coasts into the conference finals if Ben Simmons plays like Ben Simmons. They need to get him right or they need for someone to demand a trade. Dumping Simmons for Wiggins only makes their situation worse.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,284

Post#283 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:01 am

Xatticus wrote:He choked. That's it. His confidence was shot. Philly coasts into the conference finals if Ben Simmons plays like Ben Simmons. They need to get him right or they need for someone to demand a trade. Dumping Simmons for Wiggins only makes their situation worse.

I agree that he choked and there is no reason to dump him for Wiggins.
But with Wiseman as former 2# Pick and Wiggins, it's not hard to see that Warriors are best landing spot if they can invovle 3rd team to got 76ers much needed ballhandling/guard upgrade.

Picks included ofc, but this looks like deal that would make all parties happy. OKC has no desire to start building team any time soon, so having SGA doesn't really feel like "cornerstone"
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#284 » by Bensational » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:15 am

We should trade for Simmons and give him a couple seasons to just launch 3’s without fear of repercussions. As long as he’s playing on teams trying to win he’ll be too scared to develop the in game confidence.

Marcus Smart became ‘good enough’ from 3 from relentlessly launching from deep. Simmons might be able to as well. But I don’t have much hope in it. Still worth a shot if it comes cheap enough.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,106

Post#285 » by tiderulz » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:45 pm

Bensational wrote:We should trade for Simmons and give him a couple seasons to just launch 3’s without fear of repercussions. As long as he’s playing on teams trying to win he’ll be too scared to develop the in game confidence.

Marcus Smart became ‘good enough’ from 3 from relentlessly launching from deep. Simmons might be able to as well. But I don’t have much hope in it. Still worth a shot if it comes cheap enough.

do not want Simmons. on a max deal for 4 more years (over 25% of the teams salary cap). right now he is the ultimate glue guy, give you outstanding defense, give you 10 ppg and cant stay on the floor at the end of close games.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,284

Post#286 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:50 pm

There is some gross level of witch hunting for Ben Simmons in this moment.

Sure guy can't shoot, he can't hit FTs he can't score.
But he is elite defender ( probably best in nba ) ,elite passer, good rebounder and overall plus contributor.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#287 » by Bensational » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:58 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Bensational wrote:We should trade for Simmons and give him a couple seasons to just launch 3’s without fear of repercussions. As long as he’s playing on teams trying to win he’ll be too scared to develop the in game confidence.

do not want Simmons. on a max deal for 4 more years (over 25% of the teams salary cap). right now he is the ultimate glue guy, give you outstanding defense, give you 10 ppg and cant stay on the floor at the end of close games.

I don’t really care about cap space when we’re looking at building up a new core who will mostly be on rookie scale contracts. I don’t think we’ll have to worry about the outcome of close games for a couple of seasons either. Hopefully in that time he’s learned how to shoot the 3 or at least FTs. A less hostile environment than Philly fans might be good for him. Or he might just stay the same. Still a chance worth taking to me.

Bamba/Simmons/Isaac/(Cade or Green) + Cole/RJ (or Tre Mann or Dosunmu at the 1) would offer spacing potential and elite defense. Would be fun to watch.

People are quick to say Simmons cost them the game with missed FTs, but forget that he almost saved them the game with his stops in the closing minutes. If Embiid hit his shots like a star is meant to do then Philly is still playing. We got to the finals with Dwight and his FT shooting once before.
j_n
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,684

Post#288 » by j_n » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:25 pm

Simmons would be incredible if he played as a playmaking 4/5 surrounded by shooters, I would definitely try to trade for him now when his value is low.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#289 » by drsd » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:42 pm

j_n wrote:Simmons would be incredible if he played as a playmaking 4/5 surrounded by shooters, I would definitely try to trade for him now when his value is low.

And-1

The #8, Ross, Harris, and Anthony for Simmons trade idea could make this after a draft that could lead to Green and Jay Huff at #33. The Magic resign Brazdeikis and Wagner to become:

Hampton/Carter-Williams/Fultz(IR)
Green/Brazdeikis
Isaac/Bacon
Simmons/Okeke/Wagner
Carter/Bamba/Huff

I really, really like that team. So mush so, I could see a playoff run this coming season and a 4-seed as possible in the 2022/23 season.

It's got ball-handling, shooting, and defense. I really like this.

89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#290 » by 89Magicfan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:52 pm

drsd wrote:
j_n wrote:Simmons would be incredible if he played as a playmaking 4/5 surrounded by shooters, I would definitely try to trade for him now when his value is low.

And-1

The #8, Ross, Harris, and Anthony for Simmons trade idea could make this after a draft that could lead to Green and Jay Huff at #33. The Magic resign Brazdeikis and Wagner to become:

Green/Brazdeikis
Isaac/Bacon
Simmons/Okeke/Wagner
Carter/Bamba/Huff

I really, really like that team. So mush so, I could see a playoff run this coming season and a 4-seed as possible in the 2022/23 season.

Take Cole out and I’m fine with that. Think Cole would give you that off the bench scoring. Would pair well with Simmons too.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#291 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:56 pm

pepe1991 wrote:There is some gross level of witch hunting for Ben Simmons in this moment.

But he is elite defender ( probably best in nba ) ,elite passer, good rebounder and overall plus contributor.

Right??

God damn, modern fans are toxic af :lol:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,106

Post#292 » by tiderulz » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:56 pm

Bensational wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

I don’t really care about cap space when we’re looking at building up a new core who will mostly be on rookie scale contracts. I don’t think we’ll have to worry about the outcome of close games for a couple of seasons either. Hopefully in that time he’s learned how to shoot the 3 or at least FTs. A less hostile environment than Philly fans might be good for him. Or he might just stay the same. Still a chance worth taking to me.

Bamba/Simmons/Isaac/(Cade or Green) + Cole/RJ (or Tre Mann or Dosunmu at the 1) would offer spacing potential and elite defense. Would be fun to watch.

People are quick to say Simmons cost them the game with missed FTs, but forget that he almost saved them the game with his stops in the closing minutes. If Embiid hit his shots like a star is meant to do then Philly is still playing. We got to the finals with Dwight and his FT shooting once before.

its not just that. he had a clear dunk that he passed off. he seems allergic to offense, its in his head bad. He isnt a max deal player but on a max deal. Him and Isaac could put out some great defense, but they both are subpar offensive players, Simmons more than Isaac. His spacing would be bad as defenders will just back off him, causing problems for other players.

just my opinion, but i would not want him.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#293 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:58 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Bensational wrote:
tiderulz wrote:do not want Simmons. on a max deal for 4 more years (over 25% of the teams salary cap). right now he is the ultimate glue guy, give you outstanding defense, give you 10 ppg and cant stay on the floor at the end of close games.

its not just that. he had a clear dunk that he passed off. he seems allergic to offense, its in his head bad. He isnt a max deal player but on a max deal. Him and Isaac could put out some great defense, but they both are subpar offensive players, Simmons more than Isaac. His spacing would be bad as defenders will just back off him, causing problems for other players.

Simmons is a worse offensive player than Isaac?? Really?
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#294 » by 89Magicfan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:04 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Bensational wrote:
tiderulz wrote:do not want Simmons. on a max deal for 4 more years (over 25% of the teams salary cap). right now he is the ultimate glue guy, give you outstanding defense, give you 10 ppg and cant stay on the floor at the end of close games.

I don’t agree. Any season before that dude would’ve it yoked it on someone. He’s in his head. He’s got talent. He now has a lot of adversity to overcome. That’s a good thing if he takes it head on and works.

I’d take a flier on him with our 8th pick.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,923

Post#295 » by MagicMatic » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:50 pm

A player that can’t score on a max deal? Especially paired with Isaac. You all are crazy.

Why does Orlando entertain this if they can just draft Barnes?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,621

Post#296 » by Skybox » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:57 pm

drsd wrote:

And-1

Green/Brazdeikis
Isaac/Bacon
Simmons/Okeke/Wagner
Carter/Bamba/Huff

I like the direction but you might as well include Markelle in any deal. Simmons outclasses him by a lot and they can't play together unless one learns to shoot. I'm not hating Markelle, just being practical about compatibility. Simmons is a truly elite player defensively and far from worthless on the other end...I think he IS a guy you build a shooting/scoring team around.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#297 » by 89Magicfan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:08 pm

MagicMatic wrote:A player that can’t score on a max deal? Especially paired with Isaac. You all are crazy.

He can’t shoot. He’s still elite at everything else. Take that over Barnes.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#298 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:09 pm

pepe1991 wrote:There is some gross level of witch hunting for Ben Simmons in this moment.

Ben Simmons’ stock is lower than it will ever possibly be.

No chance in hell am I giving up a top 4 pick in this class for Ben Simmons.

However …

Pretty much all else is on the table if they want to play ball. Pairing Ben Simmons with Evan Mobley or Jalen Green + whichever of our youngsters are leftover after the deal would be a nice foundation.

We have future picks, young players, TPE and / or expiring deals to offer …
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#299 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:10 pm

MagicMatic wrote:A player that can’t score on a max deal? Especially paired with Isaac. You all are crazy.

My guess is Isaac + Cole + Chicago pick (+ more) are the basis of any possible deal.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,117

Post#300 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:37 pm

Trae Young & Atlanta says helloooo. They’ve been such a fun team to watch this year.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:

Return to Orlando Magic